An Explanation of the Law of Attraction (video)

by jewin
63 replies
I hadn't planned on doing this video on the Law of Attraction. I ran across a rather poor explanation of The Secret tonight on YouTube and felt people just deserved a little better.
#attraction #explanation #law #video
  • Profile picture of the author endpoint
    Originally Posted by jewin View Post

    I hadn't planned on doing this video on the Law of Attraction. I ran across a rather poor explanation of The Secret tonight on YouTube and felt people just deserved a little better.
    Thanks.

    LOA is something that I have found to be a hit and miss topic to talk about. But I ended up figuring out many people learn in different ways...so what may make sense to you, might not make sense to me!

    I like your video, and I will be showing it to a few people I know
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1734293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dawdaw
    This Universal Law of Attraction is working in your life right now, whether you are aware of it or not. You are attracting people, situations, jobs and much more into your life
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1735347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jewin
    Thanks guys, I'll do some follow up videos on related topics. Maybe a primer on visualization would be good.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FortressDewey
      Originally Posted by jewin View Post

      Thanks guys, I'll do some follow up videos on related topics. Maybe a primer on visualization would be good.

      Visualization works...just think of a sport that you play...imagine doing the repetition over and over in your mind, your mind donesn't know the difference and is able to develop those neural pathways, same thing with visualizing "riches" (however you want to define them).

      Also, the law of attraction works on everything, be it "good" or "bad". I dare say attitude is everything. I know I don't like to be around people who are negative, as I can do that easily enough on my own.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819607].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PsiCat
        Originally Posted by FortressDewey View Post

        Visualization works...just think of a sport that you play...imagine doing the repetition over and over in your mind, your mind donesn't know the difference and is able to develop those neural pathways, same thing with visualizing "riches" (however you want to define them).
        Speaking of that, did you guys notice the Olympic Atheletes going through their mental run through of the course before starting the run? Perfect example.

        See perfection in your minds eye.

        Build the mental template of what you wish to accomplish.

        Follow the map you just made to reach your goal.

        What could be simpler?
        Signature

        Check out Miracle Mastery and explore the Psychic Development of *Physical* abilities you can actually see, like telekinesis and radical Healing!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1831066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinP
    Good explanation Josh. LOA is definitely misrepresented by so many people. It is a scientific law that can be explained and proved.

    One of my fav. explanations of LOA was from Bob Proctor in his book "You Were Born Rich". For those of you who have not read the book, I highly recommend it. You can grab a free PDF copy of his book on his website although the link appears to be broken at the moment. I would be happy to share a copy if anyone is interested.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820192].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle
      Originally Posted by JustinP View Post

      LOA is definitely misrepresented by so many people. It is a scientific law that can be explained and proved.
      There isn't any Law of Attraction in "real" science.







      .
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820743].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author davidjames42973
        Thanks for creating the video. I'm a huge fan of LOA and have seen fantastic results with this system...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820814].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
        Originally Posted by Mr. Subtle View Post

        There isn't any Law of Attraction in "real" science.







        .
        LOL

        Ya there is Mr. Subtle. Have you ever heard of your subconscious mind? Ring any bell? Ever study how it works? Ever study how our conscious mind works? Ever heard of belief systems? Ever heard of the Reticular Activating System?

        Do you actually know how any of these systems operate?

        Or is that all just fable?

        But hmm...you know what? Your probably right though....Science doesn't like what they don't understand outside of their field because they personally don't understand it...so they discount it as fable when in reality science is fable anyways.

        So I have a question for ya. what happens when we get sick?

        Ya ya..there's a million answers but only one constant.

        Our immune system is fighting a battle against the things that aren't suppose to be there.

        You can't cure sickness through a lab in these cases because the problem is the body. But the whole field of science says...oh sleep deprivation. HERE: Take this sleeping pill that will chemically force you to balance yourself properly...and by the way leads to addiction. Just loook it up! Do a little scientific study on the other side of the fence and sees what makes sense.

        If you keep an open mind one simple truth will always outweigh the defence no matter how complex of a reason.

        Yet when we hear that it's law that our subconscious beliefs create our reality and perception of the world we completely ignore it and discount it as fable.

        K dude. How bout you open up your eyes. And I agree that medicine saves lives so save that argument. My case is drugs don't cure the source of sleep deprivation. They make source of the problem worse. Medicine has a purpose but it doesn't lie in a lab it lies in nature.

        How bout we drop the $1B industry BS that's been fed to us and start looking for the core fundamentals of how we operate as humans : 0

        It's quite simple actually. Ever heard of eating healthy? Look at how many people live with an unbalanced diet...meat, bread, and dairy(which is sooo gross if you look into it. It makes me sick actually.) And Those are the healthy ones!!!!...that's a good one and in the process lets all together ignore all the natural foods(how every other species on the planet eats by the way. I don't think squirrels run around throwing pesticides on their nuts that kill other living things just so they can make the most commercialized money they can off of it.). The foods that give us all the nutrition we need....seriously who needs that when we have drugs and chemicals that we can put in our bodies every day?
        The way we live our lives is a problem but we don't see past it because the people in the lab suits can't change because it drops billions down the drain. Once again medicine is good. I'm making no argument against this and I'm not making an argument at all.

        I'm stating this...don't call out things you don't know the slightest bit about because you simply don't know. You find some hyped up version of LOA and DECIDE on the spot it's fable.

        common sense obviously gets us nowhere ; )
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1821363].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle
          Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

          I'm stating this...don't call out things you don't know the slightest bit about because you simply don't know.
          I know there isn't any Law of Attraction in "real" science. But of course you're welcome to prove me wrong by providing some links to papers, in peer reviewed scientific journals, proving there really is a LOA in science.




          .
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1823796].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author SuzanneR
            Originally Posted by Mr. Subtle View Post

            I know there isn't any Law of Attraction in "real" science. But of course you're welcome to prove me wrong by providing some links to papers, in peer reviewed scientific journals, proving there really is a LOA in science.




            .
            I was wondering where your pot-stirring Self was these days. :-)
            Signature

            ~Suzanne Ryan


            If you want professional pre-written email copy that sells affiliate products better and faster than canned autoresponders...then click here.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1823838].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle
              Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post

              I was wondering where your pot-stirring Self was these days. :-)
              Not stirring any pots, just trying to inform the credulous who think (The Secret) Law of Attraction is (real) science and not (new-age) pseudoscience.





              .
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1824041].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
                Originally Posted by Mr. Subtle View Post

                Not stirring any pots, just trying to inform the credulous who think (The Secret) Law of Attraction is (real) science and not (new-age) pseudoscience.





                .
                hahahahahah...

                New age science is not pseudo science!!

                Unless your stating that all science is pseudo science.

                This has nothing to do with LOA by the way.

                Here let me explain:

                How did Newton, Edison and Einstein go about this? This whole "science" thing?

                They didn't run around disproving things. They looked at core fundamental truths. The things you don't need to provide scientific journals in defense of.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1825811].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle
                  Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

                  This has nothing to do with LOA by the way
                  You're right... Law of Attraction has nothing to do with science.




                  .
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1825828].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
            Originally Posted by Mr. Subtle View Post

            I know there isn't any Law of Attraction in "real" science. But of course you're welcome to prove me wrong by providing some links to papers, in peer reviewed scientific journals, proving there really is a LOA in science.




            .
            You are discounting all of psychology as a science then?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1823950].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
              Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

              You are discounting all of psychology as a science then?
              no

              now show us where anyone in psychology refers to the LOA

              with some peer reviewed research, pls

              Gonna give you an example how things that most think are "scientific" aren't at all...

              any one heard about the left right brain split...and how some people are left brain thinkers and others are right brain thinkers...

              or how you only use 10% of your brain...

              well those "beliefs" live only in the poppsychology world...

              ... and putting on sunglasses or not... has nothing to do with LOA

              just as changing beliefs ... has nothing to do with LOA

              .. just as neurology and biology has nothing to do with LOA

              and just as medicine.. whateva that rant was all about ... has nothing to do with the LOA

              but I must not have done my study.. and since you have done it very thoroughly . you can clearly explain us how those 200000 people that where alive and kicking a few months back in Haiti.. aren't any more...

              they attracted the earthquake... right... all of them?
              so they all must have had that exact same belief system?

              Have fun

              Bart
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1824566].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
                Originally Posted by Bart Loos View Post

                no

                but I must not have done my study.. and since you have done it very thoroughly . you can clearly explain us how those 200000 people that where alive and kicking a few months back in Haiti.. aren't any more...

                they attracted the earthquake... right... all of them?
                so they all must have had that exact same belief system?

                Have fun

                Bart
                LOL LOA has absolutely nothing to do with an Earthquake that occurred in at the core of Earth and the effect at it's surface.
                but if you want to get into it like that....
                1. Haiti had no engineering or housing regulations
                2. Chili suffered the 7th largest earthquake in recorded history. 8.8 What was the death toll?
                What was the difference?
                Regulation and the enforcement of it.

                And siiigghhh.....

                K, I so I'm prurposely choosing to loose this battle so you win.

                But here's my point to start which obviously went over your head. You're quick to discount reality because of your belief system : 0
                Everyone takes LOA out of context and gives it a fairy tale analysis.

                What LOA is to me is this. This is my perception.

                First things first if we're on a scientific argument, disprove these defenses I give because that's what science is!! Disprove them please. I'm not going to run around for a week to win some silly confrontation in a forum when I can These are fields that have milestones of research put into them.

                1. Quantum Physics as a whole science.
                2. The fact that the computer you're looking at was in fact created through thought and the development of that thought.
                3. The reticular activating system.
                4. Our subconcious and our belief systems. (Do you actually know how it operates??) Well here let me give you an "unscientific" epxlanation really quickly.

                Our belief systems are developed through our conscious mind In other words our conscious mind is the gateway to what should be accounted for a belief. (I'll be repeating so I can get different perspectives taken into account. If things aren't said a certain way it is quickly discounted lol) Our belief systems(aka our reality : 0) are a direct result of 2 things. Our environment and our reactions to this environment.

                Our subconscious plays no role in the development of belief systems. Why? Because it operates without hesitation. Zero hesitation because it controls all our our vitals...but our belief systems are also held in this realm.

                Stick with me here...an open mind does wonders : 0

                And once again our belief systems come from our environment. And we develop our beliefs that best adapt us to survive.

                Because our number one goal in life is survival....right?
                Or do I need to go through an explanation on survival too?

                So through this process we've adapted to the environment.

                So...uhhhgg...this is exactly why I'm not providing a journal for every explanation...I'm not doing busy work ; ) It's worthless and nothing but protocol.

                K, bear with me. The path of least resistance. The way we operate...short explanation...hmm...k, so when we migrated west we followed ox paths...these ox paths were made out of the same process.. around the streets of boston the same concept happened but they decided to pave the roads over them. Right?? K, now that you checked your little journals we can move on.


                Soo...this is where things start to get interesting. We've naturally adapted through our environment and we take the path of least resistance. That's where we're at.

                So naturally we don't like to change our belief systems because it takes work so we attract(AKA FIND!! EVER HEARD OF THE RETICULAR ACTIVATING SYSTEM????? LOOK IT UP!! IT'S INGRAINED IN OUR SURVIVAL) an environment that is suitable for us. Thus replicating the process of attraction.

                but we find out that those ox paths are quite bumpy but we know that we can change it by law(unless your stating that no one ever changes. We really don't need a journal for that right? SIIGGHH...hold on. There's a NASA study I ran into a while back, and I'm not going to look for it, that states it takes 30 days for our brains to readjust aka rewire itself aka to change habits and ways of thinking. You get the picture I hope. Parallel thinking does wonders ; ) The experiment had to do with giving astronauts goggles that flipped their sight upside down. After 30 days it switched the view right side up. One day off resulted in another 25 days to adjust.)

                The trick in life is that life is nothing but an illusion that has been created by our environments and our personal reactions to this environment...so the real magic trick in life is to see through your own reality(the water you're swimming in) and realize that everyone lives life in a different manner. Ever heard of individuality? Ya, shockingly "LOA" plays a role in it : 0


                That's the easiest way I can explain it without going too far into the "scientific" realm.

                That's the nature of LOA. Once we understand this concept we can work on the process of restructuring our belief systems through harmony and repetition

                And if you want to get down to business, as it turns out LOA is connected to success...what?? oh yeah definitely. The nature of success is this.....I'll explain this in scientific terms and then hope you get the concept of parallel thinking through the use of examples and observation.

                Ohhh and by the way I got this all from Edison here:

                1. Our fundamental physical reality is driven the bonds in atoms.
                2. Atoms bond through attraction to opposite charges that make them neutral...aka bonding or harmony.
                3. Given that atoms connect through energy(charges) that means we as humans do too. Ya, we have energies cuz we're alive : 0
                4. This means we all strive for harmony. Every single one of us.
                5. The problem is that our society is always out of balance constantly trying to rebalance itself. This creates cycles
                6. So the mastery of life is the mastery of cycles.
                We can go a loooot of places at this point but we move to LOA
                7. In order to master cycles we have to uproot our belief structure given to us by our environment and replace it with the ability to properly adapt to all conditions that can present themselves. Not just the one that is in our immediate environment.
                8. In order to change our belief systems we either ingrain through habit and repetition or through creating inner harmony. Creating inner harmony is the way to do....thus LOA. Inner harmony creates outer harmony(the ability to react to our environment without friction.)

                So if you want to argue, just stop the fanciness and play the game with your mind instead of protocol.

                I'd actually love to have a grown up argument here so I'm sorry for being hostile in my explanation and I think it would be cool if we could get each others perspectives without a bunch of lame research. It does no good in reality anyways...because once again The reticular activating system. We find what we're looking for because without it we couldn't survive. It's ingrained in our survival....so could we just go the route where we talk things over without defense and simply state our different perspectives? That'd be chill..

                If not I have no need to talk to you and you win. I don't care if your right or not. I'm not wasting my time like that though.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1825671].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
                  Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

                  LOL LOA has absolutely nothing to do with an Earthquake that occurred in at the core of Earth and the effect at it's surface.
                  but if you want to get into it like that....
                  1. Haiti had no engineering or housing regulations
                  2. Chili suffered the 7th largest earthquake in recorded history. 8.8 What was the death toll?
                  What was the difference?
                  Regulation and the enforcement of it.

                  And siiigghhh.....

                  K, I so I'm prurposely choosing to loose this battle so you win.

                  But here's my point to start which obviously went over your head. You're quick to discount reality because of your belief system : 0
                  Everyone takes LOA out of context and gives it a fairy tale analysis.

                  What LOA is to me is this. This is my perception.

                  First things first if we're on a scientific argument, disprove these defenses I give because that's what science is!! Disprove them please. I'm not going to run around for a week to win some silly confrontation in a forum when I can These are fields that have milestones of research put into them.

                  1. Quantum Physics as a whole science.
                  2. The fact that the computer you're looking at was in fact created through thought and the development of that thought.
                  3. The reticular activating system.
                  4. Our subconcious and our belief systems. (Do you actually know how it operates??) Well here let me give you an "unscientific" epxlanation really quickly.

                  Our belief systems are developed through our conscious mind In other words our conscious mind is the gateway to what should be accounted for a belief. (I'll be repeating so I can get different perspectives taken into account. If things aren't said a certain way it is quickly discounted lol) Our belief systems(aka our reality : 0) are a direct result of 2 things. Our environment and our reactions to this environment.

                  Our subconscious plays no role in the development of belief systems. Why? Because it operates without hesitation. Zero hesitation because it controls all our our vitals...but our belief systems are also held in this realm.

                  Stick with me here...an open mind does wonders : 0

                  And once again our belief systems come from our environment. And we develop our beliefs that best adapt us to survive.

                  Because our number one goal in life is survival....right?
                  Or do I need to go through an explanation on survival too?

                  So through this process we've adapted to the environment.

                  So...uhhhgg...this is exactly why I'm not providing a journal for every explanation...I'm not doing busy work ; ) It's worthless and nothing but protocol.

                  K, bear with me. The path of least resistance. The way we operate...short explanation...hmm...k, so when we migrated west we followed ox paths...these ox paths were made out of the same process.. around the streets of boston the same concept happened but they decided to pave the roads over them. Right?? K, now that you checked your little journals we can move on.


                  Soo...this is where things start to get interesting. We've naturally adapted through our environment and we take the path of least resistance. That's where we're at.

                  So naturally we don't like to change our belief systems because it takes work so we attract(AKA FIND!! EVER HEARD OF THE RETICULAR ACTIVATING SYSTEM????? LOOK IT UP!! IT'S INGRAINED IN OUR SURVIVAL) an environment that is suitable for us. Thus replicating the process of attraction.

                  but we find out that those ox paths are quite bumpy but we know that we can change it by law(unless your stating that no one ever changes. We really don't need a journal for that right? SIIGGHH...hold on. There's a NASA study I ran into a while back, and I'm not going to look for it, that states it takes 30 days for our brains to readjust aka rewire itself aka to change habits and ways of thinking. You get the picture I hope. Parallel thinking does wonders ; ) The experiment had to do with giving astronauts goggles that flipped their sight upside down. After 30 days it switched the view right side up. One day off resulted in another 25 days to adjust.)

                  The trick in life is that life is nothing but an illusion that has been created by our environments and our personal reactions to this environment...so the real magic trick in life is to see through your own reality(the water you're swimming in) and realize that everyone lives life in a different manner. Ever heard of individuality? Ya, shockingly "LOA" plays a role in it : 0


                  That's the easiest way I can explain it without going too far into the "scientific" realm.

                  That's the nature of LOA. Once we understand this concept we can work on the process of restructuring our belief systems through harmony and repetition

                  And if you want to get down to business, as it turns out LOA is connected to success...what?? oh yeah definitely. The nature of success is this.....I'll explain this in scientific terms and then hope you get the concept of parallel thinking through the use of examples and observation.

                  Ohhh and by the way I got this all from Edison here:

                  1. Our fundamental physical reality is driven the bonds in atoms.
                  2. Atoms bond through attraction to opposite charges that make them neutral...aka bonding or harmony.
                  3. Given that atoms connect through energy(charges) that means we as humans do too. Ya, we have energies cuz we're alive : 0
                  4. This means we all strive for harmony. Every single one of us.
                  5. The problem is that our society is always out of balance constantly trying to rebalance itself. This creates cycles
                  6. So the mastery of life is the mastery of cycles.
                  We can go a loooot of places at this point but we move to LOA
                  7. In order to master cycles we have to uproot our belief structure given to us by our environment and replace it with the ability to properly adapt to all conditions that can present themselves. Not just the one that is in our immediate environment.
                  8. In order to change our belief systems we either ingrain through habit and repetition or through creating inner harmony. Creating inner harmony is the way to do....thus LOA. Inner harmony creates outer harmony(the ability to react to our environment without friction.)

                  So if you want to argue, just stop the fanciness and play the game with your mind instead of protocol.

                  I'd actually love to have a grown up argument here so I'm sorry for being hostile in my explanation and I think it would be cool if we could get each others perspectives without a bunch of lame research. It does no good in reality anyways...because once again The reticular activating system. We find what we're looking for because without it we couldn't survive. It's ingrained in our survival....so could we just go the route where we talk things over without defense and simply state our different perspectives? That'd be chill..

                  If not I have no need to talk to you and you win. I don't care if your right or not. I'm not wasting my time like that though.
                  nice ending ... the 'agressiveness and emotional attachement' in your post shines so hard.. that it completely blinds me from what your point exactly is

                  sorry to inform you but you're talking to someone who has been doing ''identity" level belief change work, with people from all over the world for the last 6-7 years

                  so I know a bit about 'beliefs' and what origins these beliefs.

                  I also happen to know quite a bit about the brain and it's neurology.

                  and since you seem to be really interested in how the brain works..

                  here are a few other references you can start out with: Joseph LeDoux, his books "the emotional brain", "your synaptic self" are very readable, and understandable even for those who have no background in neurology,

                  another nice one is Antonio Damasio... here's a good link:

                  FORA.tv - Antonio Damasio: This Time With Feeling

                  another useful one book, maybe a bit fluff, but still useful, is 'the care and feeding of the brain' by Dr Kenneth Guiffre. he came up with the 3dBrain model.. how information (through the senses) is distrubted on a neurological level.. and how this can create 'problems' (ie: limiting beliefs)... .

                  the research on mirror neurons, seems to be taking high pace... and then the poppsychology fields jump on to it, there is a trend in NLP to run with his ideas to dumb it down to explain how mirroring and matching work should work...

                  V.S. Ramachandran, ...take a look at his phantom limb pain work.. not my take but anyway pretty interesting for those who are studying how the brain works.

                  btw.. tommorow I'll be attending a speech and discussing by Giacomo Rizzolatti, who will be speaking here at the "i-Brain festival' at a venue here in Ghent, Belgium and on Sunday for instance we have a research discussion about 'fear' by the 'Molecular Imaging of Brain and behavior' MIBB research group, . which I'm also looking forward to....

                  .... you go on about changin beliefs and stuff.. and that might all be very valuable, indeed...

                  but you're jumping to unfounded conclusions to tie it in with a LOA...

                  it's dumbing down the whole process of how people function and what happens on a neurological level when they process information.

                  if you say to me, well Bart.. I use the term LOA as a metaphor to explain how your beliefs might have an effect upon what you perceive and achieve in the world ...
                  then you might have a small point.. though I think it's a very sloppy one..to help you explain some basic neurology, biology and human behavior

                  ...but if you are running with it as if it is the "truth" ... you're just drinking the CoolAid ...

                  ... and you see that it shines through in your posts all the way...

                  are you willing to be completely wrong?

                  now that's just a simple question... and if your first response is going to be to shoot that question back to me... you know your answer...

                  oh btw it really doesn't have to take 21 or 30 days to change beliefs or behaviors.....It can be as swift as a few minutes. but that's my personal experience speaking

                  Have fun

                  Bart

                  ps: if someone is interested in dealing with your limiting beliefs/mindset that gets in the way of achieving your goals.. PM me for a free 30 minute coaching session...

                  Have 3 spots avalaible atm.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1829575].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Numb
      Originally Posted by JustinP View Post

      Good explanation Josh. LOA is definitely misrepresented by so many people. It is a scientific law that can be explained and proved.

      One of my fav. explanations of LOA was from Bob Proctor in his book "You Were Born Rich". For those of you who have not read the book, I highly recommend it. You can grab a free PDF copy of his book on his website although the link appears to be broken at the moment. I would be happy to share a copy if anyone is interested.
      Hi Justin, can you send me a copy?
      I have sent my email address to your Hotmail.

      Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1836750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Josh, I'm not arguing about the subconscious but I think it's silly to say that we certainly don't have a collective unconscious, of some sort, as well.

    This isn't a defense for meta physics(I'm not even sure what meta physics is lol) but it's just my thought in the matter.

    Matter can't be created nor destroyed but only transfered. At the same time there's a ridiculously LOW conversion rate in our food chain...

    I'm not saying I believeyou're wrong because Please don't think that because I'm not sure on how this all works yet. Those are just the facts I'm aware of and that I think are worth noting

    P.S: I'm not religious either lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sexydiverguy
    It works..It can be really weird.I actually explained it briefly to a group in a leadership seminar I had to attend. People were amazed with my explanation and the facilitator agreeing.

    I do know a great deal of money has been made by all those involved in the movie and those who were marketing it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1824070].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
      Originally Posted by sexydiverguy View Post

      It works..It can be really weird.I actually explained it briefly to a group in a leadership seminar I had to attend. People were amazed with my explanation and the facilitator agreeing.

      I do know a great deal of money has been made by all those involved in the movie and those who were marketing it.
      sure which has nothing to do with the LOA

      but with marketing..

      marketing people.

      where are the hundred of thousands,millions of new "millionaires and billionaires".that emerged after watching The Secret, .. where are all those winners of the lotto?

      well lately we had a few tennis players believing they both where going to win that same tournament...

      sadly enough...

      it won't happen... no matter what they belief.

      neither does my nice little grandma stand up from the death, because I would like that to happen...

      ...geezes people

      get a grip ..

      if you want something - focus on it and take action

      stop wishing for that red bike to magically show up in the morning

      ... and by focusing on it you'll see more opportunities ...

      which has nothing to do with the LOA

      Have fun

      Bart
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1824596].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SuzanneR
        I don't believe in LOA or any other kind of magical thinking (as Subtle recalls from our heady evolution discussions on Fortin's board haha!).


        But I do think if you want something, and you gain focus...your subconscious starts to go to work--and it does start to feel like magic.

        But it's not.

        It's just a shift in your perception.

        Your priorities change, therefore so does your vision.

        I'm sure cognitive scientists can explain it much better than I can.
        Signature

        ~Suzanne Ryan


        If you want professional pre-written email copy that sells affiliate products better and faster than canned autoresponders...then click here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1824949].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
          Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post

          I don't believe in LOA or any other kind of magical thinking (as Subtle recalls from our heady evolution discussions on Fortin's board haha!).


          But I do think if you want something, and you gain focus...your subconscious starts to go to work--and it does start to feel like magic.

          But it's not.

          It's just a shift in your perception.

          Your priorities change, therefore so does your vision.

          I'm sure cognitive scientists can explain it much better than I can.
          Chica, that's LOA.

          When you're shifting your priorities and perceptions you are attracting different visions are you not?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1825802].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author SuzanneR
            Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

            Chica, that's LOA.

            When you're shifting your priorities and perceptions you are attracting different visions are you not?
            From a scientific perspective, you're not attracting anything. It's internal, cognitive and physiological. The outside world remains EXACTLY as it is.
            Signature

            ~Suzanne Ryan


            If you want professional pre-written email copy that sells affiliate products better and faster than canned autoresponders...then click here.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826375].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sexydiverguy
        Originally Posted by Bart Loos View Post


        but with marketing..


        ...geezes people

        get a grip ..

        if you want something - focus on it and take action

        ... and by focusing on it you'll see more opportunities ...

        which has nothing to do with the LOA

        Bart
        Ahhhh.....That is "the secret" and loa.....
        Focus can be lost and that exactly why there can only be one winner.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1825706].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
          Originally Posted by sexydiverguy View Post

          Ahhhh.....That is "the secret" and loa.....
          Focus can be lost and that exactly why there can only be one winner.
          so why do yo want to call it 'the secret' and 'LOA'..

          and not just .. focus and take action..

          ... hmm.:confused:

          well maybe because that doesn't sound so sexy...

          might it be just.. "marketing"..to make money

          instead of really a law?

          a sad scam...

          well certainly that red bike.. wasn't achieved by focus and action.. but by wishful thinking... oh well... maybe it was focused wishful thinking... after all...

          Have fun

          Bart
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1829644].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle
            Originally Posted by Bart Loos View Post

            so why do yo want to call it 'the secret' and 'LOA'..

            and not just .. focus and take action..
            Plus (at least) two more steps after taking the first two.

            Originally Posted by Bart Loos View Post

            well certainly that red bike.. wasn't achieved by focus and action.. but by wishful thinking... oh well... maybe it was focused wishful thinking... after all...
            Yep, little boy wants a bike, believes he'll get a bike and he gets it with no effort. What they cut out of the movie is the boy's dad telling him... "Get off your lazy ass, get a paper route, work hard, save your money, then buy the bike." It's a frickin' miracle that LOA is I tell ya... a miracle!




            .
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1829746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    ... and by focusing on it you'll see more opportunities ...

    hahaha....ya, that has everything to do with LOA.

    The Reticular Activating System is LOA

    let's disect.

    Attraction: The act, process, or power of attracting.
    Law: static or truth

    by focusing: (a center of activity)
    you'll see: (find thus replicating the process of attracting)

    Saame thing dude. I can break it down more if you don't see it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1825787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    K, so that's your response to my perspective?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1825897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    and siiiggghhh....could you try to look at the bigger picture here.

    I was talking about new age science. AKA getting out of the lab and looking at how nature operates and functions.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1825903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      I had a long post i wrote out then deleted . I remember the religion and evolution chats we had on Fortin's board. I think those where part of the reason he shut it down. A few to many battles between board posters.

      Back to the subject of LOA. There is a reason the concept was kept to the upper crust and the more advanced members of religions. In the general population it was "bad things happens to you because you where bad " " good things happened to you because you where blessed" . Upper crust and religious people new there was a lot more than just that to it.


      There is harm in expecting the universe to treat you like a spoiled child. Via handing you what you want by just thinking about it. And imagining you have it really really really hard. There is harm in thinking you attracted some of the worst events in your life. The whole i am sinful therefor i was punished for my sin thing.

      Using the law off attraction I have actually been far more effective attracting negative events. I was trained in the school of extreme negativity. One thing the law of attraction has helped me with. I stopped complaining constantly about everything. That has reduced stress a bit.
      Signature

      "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826102].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Alright Mr. Subtle,

    In that case, you just discounted the core principles of chemistry and survival without providing evidence "solid concrete evidence" against this "fable" concept.

    Way to keep an open mind.

    If you bash at least give your perspective. Way to hold an intelligent conversation. My goodness...LOA is pseudo science is all I got out of you.
    Why don't you want to talk it over like men?

    Ever heard of looking at a different perspective and learning from it?

    I'd love to hear an explanation at least so I understand where you're coming from.

    Stay in your static life and stay in your lab.
    I'll study the laws of nature and realize that it takes adaptation to live a good life. If that means there isn't a concrete line between fable and our laws so be it. Unlike you, I'm not looking for ways to stay the same and to discount all other concepts because it's outside of my realm of thinking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826120].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      i am wondering if subtle took this chat to pm i am not seeing his responses to possum .. just three post from possum
      Signature

      "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    hahah...ya he's not really talking.

    I just want to get a perspective. I've kinda tried everything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826140].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      That is right possum I forget you were not on the copywriter's board before it shut down . If I remember suble's perspective. If you can't prove it in a lab or with some hard method. Be very careful of discussing it with him as some sort of fact.
      Signature

      "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    haha...oh thanks odahh. had no clue.

    But I'm pretty sure chemistry and survival is hard fact....like core fundamentals in our science.

    But maybe not...how do I know? I just studied Environmental Science for a year then I decided to give up and study Einstein, Edison, Newton, and generally the fields of psychology and success....but ya not too much lab work involved in any of that so I think I'm outa luck ; )
    That's certainly fine with me. I like my open view better than any closed one no matter how sound that closed mind appears from the inside.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Exactly!! Thank you!

    But it's the same exact underlying process.

    We are in that sense FINDING our best suitable place in an environment. We are attracting ourselves to the environment as it is. Our environment is incredibly dynamic(individuals interacting in itself presents a case).
    So dynamic that any belief structure can find it's proper place. We naturally fall into where we belong(aka our belief systems. Whether it's the happiest person on the planet or the saddest. Rich or poor. It doesn't matter on how an environment acts on an individual but how an individual acts in his/her environment. That's the nature of success. And all successful people say you need to start from the inside out. AKA harmony within yourself creates harmony(the ability to adapt to your environment.)

    This is one of the core principles of survival.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Suzanne that was seriously the statement of the night

    The outside world remains EXACTLY as it is.

    soo what changes? what is the difference between successful people(in all aspects of life because that is what success is.) and unsatisfied people?

    If the environment doesn't change what does?

    Have you ever made a change in your life?

    Did this change lead to a new environment for you?

    But did anything in the environment actually change? Nope
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    And actually from a scientific perspective, your environment does in a sense adapt to you as well. It's law if you adapt to your environment that it must also adapt to you. "For every action there is a reaction." Reactions also create reactions because they are in themselves actions. ; )

    An obvious example: think of all great leaders. They all made a change in the environment but they were simply individuals. If a power lies with one individual it lies with all or it wouldn't be law ; )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1826492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Bart, believe it or not I love being wrong That means I've learned something lol I don't mind that in the slightest bit.

    And thank you for being patient even with my lack of. I was more gunning towards Mr. Subtle because he never contributed anything worthwhile to the conversation. All he can say is fairy tale which means he doesn't really understand that there's more to a Law then at the surface.

    Like the Law of Gravity. Ya if you let go of something it falls. but it's just as important to know how the law operates.

    And my point was no one's really looking at the name in itself. Law of Attraction. I have zero obsession with the matter in itself. I couldn't care less. But it has valuable assets to it such as visualizations and affirmations(even though they aren't good for everyone.). They include meditation, patience, acceptance. It's an incredible series of attributes that play a role so I don't want it to be counted as fable. It is a law You just have to look for it.

    And lastly, my "belief" or when I see The Law of Attraction occur is through success. Not the people that talk about LOA but the people that teach about success.

    Every successful person has inner harmony. The most successful and efficient people have very little friction. The saddest and most frustrated have an incredible amount of friction.

    So LOA to me is Inner Harmony=Outer Harmony(aka success)

    I also notice how people almost always find themselves in an environment they belong in...and if they don't belong there you can see it in their body langauge.

    Of course this has nothing to do with science. Just observation but that's what I do more often than not.

    Bart, right now I'm really interested in modeling behavior...not for theory but I want to learn about our different personalities, the benefits of each, and to blend them with their polarities. I've been trying to do that with my flaws. (Arguing included lol)

    Do you know where I can find something like that?

    oh! And I completely agree with you. I've changed my thinking from negative to positive in a matter of 3 or 4 days. Just by recognizing what I was thinking and when I found my self thinking the wrong way, I thought of a way to rephrase it. It happened incredibly fast.

    But right now I'm looking for changing habit. I want to be always present in the moment but I always find myself thinking of some stupid theory and it's starting to get in the way of my life so I'm using the same concept. When I recognize I'm not present I stay there. It's taking a lot longer though.

    I'm going to look through you post more tomorrow but I have to get runnin now.

    Aaryn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1830371].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SuzanneR
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post


      Every successful person has inner harmony. The most successful and efficient people have very little friction. The saddest and most frustrated have an incredible amount of friction.



      Aaryn
      I don't think this entirely true. It may be true for some but you can't make a sweeping generalization like that.

      There are successful people who who are highly focused and know what they want...in some areas of their lives (like their career)--while the rest of their life is a shambles.

      Also--there are people who struggle with depression etc (no inner peace there)--but yet have the inner strength to keep on trucking towards what they want.

      So it's not as cut and dry as you say.
      Signature

      ~Suzanne Ryan


      If you want professional pre-written email copy that sells affiliate products better and faster than canned autoresponders...then click here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1836763].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
        Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post

        I

        There are successful people who who are highly focused and know what they want...in some areas of their lives (like their career)--while the rest of their life is a shambles.

        Also--there are people who struggle with depression etc (no inner peace there)--but yet have the inner strength to keep on trucking towards what they want.

        So it's not as cut and dry as you say.
        We have different perspectives on success Suzanne.

        Success isn't money...it isn't materialistic wealth...not at all. That's achieving financial freedom.

        Success and business and success in life are two different ball games. I'm talking about success in life. Harmony between the aspects of your life. You can't be happy without harmony...are you saying depressed people have inner harmony? Because they surely don't. That is my generalization. I think you might be too focused in. I'm not talking about specific areas but rather life as a whole. I'm talking about overall harmony in life. Overall Balance and Harmony is required to live a happy and fulfilling life. That is my generalization and nothings cut and dry...just the underlying process. Look at chemistry. Unbalanced charged atoms look for balance. It's a core principle in our existence and balance and harmony are the same exact thing

        It starts inside of us not outside.
        Materialistic possession is only an effect of true success not the cause of it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1836874].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SuzanneR
          Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

          I'm not talking about specific areas but rather life as a whole. I'm talking about overall harmony in life. Overall Balance and Harmony is required to live a happy and fulfilling life. That is my generalization and nothings cut and dry...just the underlying process. Look at chemistry. Unbalanced charged atoms look for balance. It's a core principle in our existence and balance and harmony are the same exact thing

          It starts inside of us not outside.
          Materialistic possession is only an effect of true success not the cause of it.
          I agree that balance and harmony are the ideal. But I doubt that few people--if any--are in that state 100% of the time.

          I'd even argue that maybe a select few are in that state 60% of the time.

          The more realistic picture is successful people are those who make the choice to be disciplined and focused about what they want in life regardless of whether they're feeling harmonious or not.

          And...what they want in life may be materialistic, artistic, spiritual or whatever...the same principle applies.
          Signature

          ~Suzanne Ryan


          If you want professional pre-written email copy that sells affiliate products better and faster than canned autoresponders...then click here.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1839106].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle
            Oh my! Look who has just jumped on board the alleged "law" of attraction scam...errr... truth:



            Your Wish Is Your Command

            From the infoscam-commercial: "...everyone has the power to call forth their own personal genie to grant their every wish." ~ Kevin Trudeau (NOTE: he said the above with a straight face too!)




            .
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1839275].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
            Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post

            I agree that balance and harmony are the ideal. But I doubt that few people--if any--are in that state 100% of the time.

            I'd even argue that maybe a select few are in that state 60% of the time.

            The more realistic picture is successful people are those who make the choice to be disciplined and focused about what they want in life regardless of whether they're feeling harmonious or not.

            And...what they want in life may be materialistic, artistic, spiritual or whatever...the same principle applies.

            I entirely get what your saying and I completely agree. No one's in complete harmony 40% of the time. It just won't work with our society. However, the best are in a very tight cycle(the strive for balance produces cycles which is why they appear everywhere)

            And if that's your illusion stick to it. We're going to agree to disagree.

            But personally, my realistic picture of a successful life is this: I want to live it in love(which turns out to be harmony. I would put my life on this one. I even have acceptance from the most intelligent person(girl...and very cute) I've ever talked to.). Nothing more and nothing less. I just want to live my life and experience it to it's fullest...in order to do that I have to take into account every aspect of my life....including materialistic possession.

            I mean everyone is striving for happiness...so why not zoom out a little bit and ASK YOURSELF what will truly make me happy in life? What is my next step? If you ask yourself the right questions, you'll find your answer. It might take a while sometimes but hey, some things worth having take a while to develop. I've seen asking questions in getting rid of limiting beliefs and behavioral modeling(aka creating inner harmony within you minds and personality.)

            AKA our Inner Gennie lol....asking yourself questions is one of 2 keys in spiritual enlightenment...see! LOA isn't soo bad. Whether it's fairy tale or not...asking questions is invaluable in life whether or not you like it...

            The question is are you foolish enough to discount it just because some fools found it and chose to implement it into LOA?

            I'm not..kind of floats my boat. I don't like icebergs though so I'm careful
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1839450].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      I want to be always present in the moment but I always find myself thinking of some stupid theory and it's starting to get in the way of my life so I'm using the same concept. When I recognize I'm not present I stay there. It's taking a lot longer though.
      Aaryn
      Aaryn,

      there are a few things here "we, people are not trained to be present"...it's something you want to cultivate.

      we shift through different levels of awareness throughout the day. Trancing out, day dreaming might be a very useful thing to do... in the right context at the right time, the same goes with different awareness levels, ie: being super focused.

      so the question is: what exactly do you mean with "being present"?

      is that being aware enough to pick up the energy and emotions from a friend on the other side of the planet, or is that noticing exactly what someone says to you when you're out clubbing, or is that noticing all the licence plates of the cars you pass on the free way...or what kind of trees you pass while noticing the play of the clouds, ... maybe it's noticing how many breaths you took when you were running up the stairs, while listening to what your friend is yelling at you, and feeling how it feels how to move your body fluently...
      s

      maybe it's just being able to shut up your thinking and just notice..

      but on the other hand.. there might be some stuff that gets in the way of being able to be present (ie: thinking stupid theory) and getting out of your own head, and paying attention to what's happening around you might be a good thing to do... :-)

      so the questions are:

      what do you avoid feeling by 'thinking of some stupid theory'?

      or

      what does it allow you to keep feeling by 'thinking of some stupid theory'


      have fun

      Bart
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1838326].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
        Originally Posted by Bart Loos View Post


        what do you avoid feeling by 'thinking of some stupid theory'?

        or

        what does it allow you to keep feeling by 'thinking of some stupid theory'


        have fun

        Bart
        Haha...the conversation we're currently having on LOA isn't going anywhere. No one's really getting what I'm trying to say so it's my definitely my fault for not communicating properly. I am enjoying the conversation with Suzanne though

        As for the questions...I love how Mr. Subtle just called out "the genie" or asking questions because that's exactly the process we are going through now...I'm not saying this is LOA...please don't get me wrong...people who teach LOA teach asking questions and give it some mystical name to increase sales so when it works it sells better. It's just the nature of marketing. You give false hope and then teach what needs to be taught. LOA is the perfect example of marketing....why? Because it's the same process as SI. Just another branch of it...the difference is LOA get's more excitement and buzz around it and therefor get more cooperation from their customers...

        K, now that our conversation has "everything" to do with the conversation overall conversation:

        --That is the exact process I'm trying to go through here....get outside of my head...your exactly right though. Instead of paying attention to my surroundings I'm trying to be present...being present to me is being aware of your body while at the same time your environment...but maybe I'm doing too much. Maybe I should shift my attention outward. I'm spending a lot of time working on my overall body awareness...posture, breathing, being grounded, feelings, experiencing, pain, relaxation, tightness, etc. I'm just working on overall being present with my body and my environment....I think if I shift my focus to the smaller environment interactions I'd be doing the same exact thing I'm doing with my bodies....so that's my underlying problem Awareness of my whole body and my whole environment is what I'm aiming for but I'm constantly fixing the effects.

        1. That's exactly it. My whole life I've been huge in suppression but I had no clue I was doing it. The end result was obviously living inside of my head..this concept changed about a month ago when I picked up the Sedona Method....I'm sllooowllly getting out of my mind and starting to pay attention to both my body and my surroundings(my #1 goal in life really. That's what living is all about!!)...so basically I'm in this transition state but it's taking me a long time to get there.

        2. Thinking inside of my head is crucial for me right now. It's always been my backbone.
        I'm in the process of developing 2 maybe 3 teams and I'm completely immersed in success because that's my number one goal currently. I'm studying The Law of Success, The Master Key System(yyeess...LOA but it's MORE a mastery of the thought process.) and I'm looking to make money...my head and theory is sooo very important currently.

        So long story short, I'm stuck in between two worlds....inner and outer. I'm sure this will cure itself in time but I don't want to wait forever for it to happen....I'm afraid that if I put my presence in the back of my mind it won't be back anytime soon...because my mind has dominated my being my entire life.

        hmm....questions are quite the truth...errr....scam
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840194].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
          Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

          Haha...the conversation we're currently having on LOA isn't going anywhere. No one's really getting what I'm trying to say so it's my definitely my fault for not communicating properly. I am enjoying the conversation with Suzanne though

          As for the questions...I love how Mr. Subtle just called out "the genie" or asking questions because that's exactly the process we are going through now...I'm not saying this is LOA...please don't get me wrong...people who teach LOA teach asking questions and give it some mystical name to increase sales so when it works it sells better. It's just the nature of marketing. You give false hope and then teach what needs to be taught. LOA is the perfect example of marketing....why? Because it's the same process as SI. Just another branch of it...the difference is LOA get's more excitement and buzz around it and therefor get more cooperation from their customers...

          K, now that our conversation has "everything" to do with the conversation overall conversation:

          --That is the exact process I'm trying to go through here....get outside of my head...your exactly right though. Instead of paying attention to my surroundings I'm trying to be present...being present to me is being aware of your body while at the same time your environment...but maybe I'm doing too much. Maybe I should shift my attention outward. I'm spending a lot of time working on my overall body awareness...posture, breathing, being grounded, feelings, experiencing, pain, relaxation, tightness, etc. I'm just working on overall being present with my body and my environment....I think if I shift my focus to the smaller environment interactions I'd be doing the same exact thing I'm doing with my bodies....so that's my underlying problem Awareness of my whole body and my whole environment is what I'm aiming for but I'm constantly fixing the effects.

          1. That's exactly it. My whole life I've been huge in suppression but I had no clue I was doing it. The end result was obviously living inside of my head..this concept changed about a month ago when I picked up the Sedona Method....I'm sllooowllly getting out of my mind and starting to pay attention to both my body and my surroundings(my #1 goal in life really. That's what living is all about!!)...so basically I'm in this transition state but it's taking me a long time to get there.

          2. Thinking inside of my head is crucial for me right now. It's always been my backbone.
          I'm in the process of developing 2 maybe 3 teams and I'm completely immersed in success because that's my number one goal currently. I'm studying The Law of Success, The Master Key System(yyeess...LOA but it's MORE a mastery of the thought process.) and I'm looking to make money...my head and theory is sooo very important currently.

          So long story short, I'm stuck in between two worlds....inner and outer. I'm sure this will cure itself in time but I don't want to wait forever for it to happen....I'm afraid that if I put my presence in the back of my mind it won't be back anytime soon...because my mind has dominated my being my entire life.

          hmm....see questions are good
          nice rant.. but you did not answer the questions... :-)

          so I'm going to give you examples... the key is on the word "feeling".. not on "thinking"

          what are avoiding feeling... ?

          ie: fearful, lost, stuck, doubt, uncertainty, anxiety,

          what does it allow you keep feeling?

          ie: in control, safe, comfortable, being smart, important, ...

          now answer those questions again... the above are examples your answer might be different.. but then you know the direction where to look for.. ."noticing your feelings"

          have fun

          Bart
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Bart, how do you go about developing Awareness?

    And what do you feel is the most efficient way to change beliefs once awareness is developed?

    I've noticed that I've been aware of things then I adjust and they just keep coming back so do I just keep adjusting and use patience or is there a more efficient way?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1833510].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Bart, how do you go about developing Awareness?
      the question is what do you think this 'awareness' is going allow you to be able to do that you're not capable of doing now?

      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      And what do you feel is the most efficient way to change beliefs once awareness is developed?
      I'm a bit clueless about your question. what is the way to change a belief when you notice that you have a limiting belief? is that what you're asking?

      or did you mean to communicate something entirely different?


      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      I've noticed that I've been aware of things then I adjust and they just keep coming back so do I just keep adjusting and use patience or is there a more efficient way?
      well you are artfully vague about what you are aware of and what and how exactly that you adjust.

      one of the main causes of not being able to change or adjust, is because most have no clue about what the real issue is.

      they look at the symptoms. they change the symptoms without addressing the underlying structures and driving cause... . which results in either the same symptoms popping up again some time later, or creating new symptoms

      ie: stop smoking, start smoking again or create a chocolate addiction

      makes sense?

      Have fun

      Bart
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1838364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Baker
    I have no documented proof of LOA.

    All I personally know is that when I follow the principles of it and "the secret" and similar teachings, PLUS take massive action, massive results happen for me.

    It's just like sitting at a casino table with 4 aces. Unless you are prepared to do something with them, they are totally and utterly USELESS!

    It really cheeses me off that (this is my interpretation anyway) people get all hyped up with LOA and all the other stuff out there and then bag it when no results happen.

    Sorry to burst their bubble, first off, we have to believe in ourselves and be positive . . . but we all have to get off our butts and take action - and lots of it, plus continue taking action for as long as we choose to have results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1837141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    I think the problem is that people are looking at LOA in the wrong way. They are looking inside of it looking to see if it works rather than looking at what occurs(the actual end result) when belief systems are changed...does it have to do anything with LOA?

    NO NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST BIT. But what's the result of us restructuring our belief systems? We change...what happens when we change? We create a different environment....without this process no one could ever change anything about themselves because changing yourself would do no good.

    So no, neurology has nothing to do with LOA as we know it.
    However, it doesn't change the end result.

    What actually happens when you change your belief systems?

    Outside of LOA context?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1837334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    lol....ya I should have known better. I forget that there's a million types of awareness....haha...I can "actually"(happens speratically and on accident) connect to this one girl across the country sometimes! It's pretty cool.

    Currently, I'm trying to build presence. IE: Being aware of my overall environment.

    My theory is what changed my life...it got me from suppressing feelings to experiencing. It changed my mindset. My happiness level...everything.

    Yet in the same context presence makes me feel more alive.

    And yes when I mean develop awareness I mean in terms of limiting beliefs. So you find the underlying structure? How do you identify it?

    Thanks Bart I really appreciate it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1839481].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      And yes when I mean develop awareness I mean in terms of limiting beliefs. So you find the underlying structure? How do you identify it?

      Thanks Bart I really appreciate it.
      though I think we're gonna hijack this thread and take it somewhere else but if you wanna play along, then first answer the questions I asked you on my previous post and you'll start to notice the underlying structure emerging

      Have fun

      Bart
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1839633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    hahahaha...that's exactly what my cute friend says all the time!!! grrrr...she's all like...your mind fills you with nothing but lies!! crap...feelings I felt happy when I was talking about Sheki...and laughter when I read your response...ya I'm bad with feelings : 0 I'll get better though.

    I'm avoiding....feeling in itself. I've been a little afraid(because I'm afraid of who I am sometimes...I don't know what's down there through all of the thoughts) Directly...I'm avoiding feeling happy and content. I feel happy with what I'm doing every day...but once again I'm suppressing because I'm afraid.

    Being trapped inside my mind makes me feel...safe and in control...like I control my own destiny through my mind because I think it's that important...I'm sure it is...but once again this is thinking ...and also, the biggest feeling I have that comes into play is curiosity...I'm immensely curious about the world I live in and my mind fuels the curiosity....crap ranting!!

    There we go....was that better but I still need some work here.

    Grr...I just need to stop thinking so much...I need to let go of wanting to understand!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840399].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bart Loos
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      hahahaha...that's exactly what my cute friend says all the time!!! grrrr...she's all like...your mind fills you with nothing but lies!! crap...feelings I felt happy when I was talking about Sheki...and laughter when I read your response...ya I'm bad with feelings : 0 I'll get better though.

      I'm avoiding....feeling in itself. I've been a little afraid(because I'm afraid of who I am sometimes...I don't know what's down there through all of the thoughts) Directly...I'm avoiding feeling happy and content. I feel happy with what I'm doing every day...but once again I'm suppressing because I'm afraid.

      Being trapped inside my mind makes me feel...safe and in control...like I control my own destiny through my mind because I think it's that important...I'm sure it is...but once again this is thinking ...and also, the biggest feeling I have that comes into play is curiosity...I'm immensely curious about the world I live in and my mind fuels the curiosity....crap ranting!!

      There we go....was that better but I still need some work here.

      Grr...I just need to stop thinking so much...I need to let go of wanting to understand!!!
      ok nice one..

      here's a 'one word answer' question.. if that makes sense:

      what kind of person avoids feeling in itself?

      I would suggest us to take that offline here... if you want to explore this further..because it's gonna sting and you might not like what we come up with...

      but it's gonna deal with underlying stuff precise and direct.. and there will be no room for squirmng around...

      have fun

      Bart
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    I also feel in control of my reactions to my environment!! That one's huge.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    An insecure person

    Thanks Bart
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    oh...this gets intense

    I'm suppressing depression because of my father...the good news is I have the ability to distance myself from him which will in turn allow me to let go!

    da na na nuh

    The Wisdom of Bart!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840902].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lamberw
      Hi Guys,

      This is one of the emails copied and pasted straight from my autoresponder ecourse for personal development. You can opt in if you like from my signature.

      __________________________________________________ _______________

      Today I want to talk to you about the Law of Attraction. This is a subject that I feel strongly about because I have had so many experiences with it in my life, however I'm so frustrated at the way "The Secret" portrayed it.

      Have you seen "The Secret"?

      Well in case you haven't, here's a quick overview... "The Secret" is a documentary style movie written by Rhonda Byrne and features people like Bob Proctor, Jack Canfield, Michael Beckwith and Dr. John Demartini and its sole purpose is to illustrate and create awareness of the law of attraction.

      The law of attraction basically says that like attracts like. If your mind is constantly thinking about something with intensity, then it is sending out a certain powerful frequency like a radio antenna which draws other people to that frequency like a magnet.

      As an example, this is one of my many stories...

      I attended a company launch event one evening in London, UK which I travelled 90 miles on the train to attend. My only purpose there was to celebrate the business launch and network with other business owners. At the time, my mind was constantly thinking about how I could kickstart an internet media business that I was focused on.

      When I arrived at the event, I was feeling somewhat rushed after battling through the London underground to arrive at the venue at the last minute. After arriving at the venue, I took a 'random' seat and started to make polite conversation with the gentleman next to me about what we do, etc.

      After a few minutes, he told me he was the owner of an internet media business I was very familiar with. After further conversation, he told me that he was from the same town as me. A strange coincidence you might say, but the town is just a town of 20,000 people and 90 miles away from the venue, and his business is similar [but not in direct competition] to the business I wanted to launch.

      A month after the event, I called the man and asked him if he could meet for coffee. I interviewed him and he agreed to be my mentor which opened up many doors for me.

      This was my first conscious experience of the law of attraction and I felt quite 'spooked'. I now understand the law of attraction and when these things happen, I'm appreciative but expect them to happen. You may have an example of something like this happen in your own life, and if you've never had any exposure to the law of attraction, then you could be forgiven for writing off the incident as a 'coincidence'.

      Well, lucky coincidences don't just happen. We attract the resources and people into our life by the choices and actions that we make.

      You can be forgiven for thinking that the law of attraction is activated simply by thinking about something constantly and consistently. "The Secret" gives this impression and I have heard many people use it as an excuse not to take action. They think they can just stay at home, do nothing and attract success into their lives.

      My story includes the one missing ingredient that many people overlook... action! I had to take action! I had to go to the event in London and had to put myself in an environment where that 'luck', 'coincidence' or 'attraction' could happen. I use all three of those terms there because it doesn't matter which of those things you believe. What is important is that you understand that you must take action for that 'luck', 'coincidence' or 'attraction' to possibly take effect.

      Appreciate that you can use the law of attraction to your advantage, but please remember to take action. Action is the bridge between your dream and its fulfilment.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840994].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle





      .
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1841015].message }}

Trending Topics