19 replies
It doesn't matter what your beliefs are to get something from or to contribute to this thread, so set your beliefs aside if necessary and play along if you would be so kind.

Here's the scenario:

You have just been visited by an angel. The angel told you that your mission on earth is almost over, that you'll be called home soon. The angel told you that you will meet a stranger that needs guidance, and you will have a chance to tell that stranger one thing that will help them all their life. You want to crown your time here with a golden nugget that makes that stranger's life better over the long haul, whether they understand it right now or not.

A mind warrior should enjoy thinking and a good thought challenge, so what would your advice be to this stranger?
#advice
  • Profile picture of the author aldowins
    I would tell the stranger " You must teach yourself the skill of enjoying what you already have, including the present moment."
    Signature

    Brian Brainerd

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      I believe that I would tell the stranger that in order to have a more gratifying life on this earth, the very most important thing would to be to love themselves because if they couldn't love themselves, they would never be able to love others.

      That they would need to concentrate on all of their good qualities, and if they saw something that they didn't like so much, to turn that around into a positive, and that it would be a life time of subtle changes along the way.

      I would explain that in doing the changing, take one step at a time, one attribute at a time because too much light can be blinding.

      I would explain to them that when one loves oneself, they can't help but be positive, friendly, generous, confident, good natured, unselfish, healthy and enjoy sharing and caring for others around them. And when they practice that, they will find even greater joy.

      In order to receive blessings, they must focus on being a blessing to as many people as possible, and while they are concentrating on finding someone to bless, even if it is just with a smile or a 'hello' to a stranger, a thank you for the smallest of kindness given to them, anonymously helping someone less fortunate, they would realize one day that their blessings have acccumulated before them without them even realizing it.

      I would make certain that they knew that just one small random act of kindness to just one person could change many lives, not just the one that was blessed.

      To try to at all times have a good and positive attitude because attitude determines altitude or how successful one will be in life. To always seek the good in other people and dwell on those qualities in others lives as well as in their own.

      And to remember that the greatest riches one can acquire are the ones that money can't buy. Because, after all, when one's life here on earth is over, they can't take any other kind of riches with them when they go.

      In parting, I would tell them not to just take my word on it, but to test the advice given them, and see if it isn't so.

      MissTerraK
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crushthenet
    temet nosce or nosce te ipsum

    know thyself

    (it was in the Matrix movie but I really believe it's the most important thing a person can do)
    Signature
    Video Background Music :: Royalty Free Background Music for Just About Anything! 50 Tracks for just $17...
    My Personal Blog :: The Calaboratory
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840624].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheWinner
      Hey Dennis, very thought provoking, I like it

      Here would be my advice:

      Always SERVE others to your best possibly ability. Go the extra mile to serve others. Every action has a consequence. Serving others is not only fulfilling, but the side effect of massive service, is massive success. This applies in all areas of your life. This act will make your life and others life abundant.

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    To feel rather than think...

    That's my gold nugget
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOExpert104
    "Love yourself and the rest around you, because if you can't love, what is the use of life?"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1840839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Fan
    Great post. I would tell to search deep down for potential that exists but was never exploited. It's "out there".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1841051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    I would say Live, Laugh, Love, and dont take yourself, life, or others around you too seriously. Let the little things go and focus on deeper things in life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1841358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tracie Johansen
    No matter how hard things get "keep a positive attitude". Never let anyone make you feel unimportant. Always remember, you are a one of a kind special person that deserves to be happy.
    Signature

    I Will Write a 30,000 Word eBook for Just $300 !!
    I Will Write, Edit and Format It for Kindle. PM Me.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1842119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I'd share my own favorite life philosophy - work like you don't need the money, love like you can't be hurt, dance like nobody's watching...and be kind to nature and living things.

      Anything heavier would just be a burden.

      Just a thought - could I just ask him to trade places with me?
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world of one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1842205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    give more than you take
    Signature
    | > Choosing to go off the grid for a while to focus on family, work and life in general. Have a great 2020 < |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1842221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    .
    Lots of good stuff here, folks. Keep the ball rolling!


    @ Terra - Some of the things you say sound so much like me I wonder if you're my long lost sister...then I remember I don't have a long lost sister. By the way, I was in a restaurant the other day and saw a woman that looked so much like you she could pass for your sister. You don't have a sister in Wisconsin do you?
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1842324].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

      .
      @ Terra - Some of the things you say sound so much like me I wonder if you're my long lost sister...then I remember I don't have a long lost sister. By the way, I was in a restaurant the other day and saw a woman that looked so much like you she could pass for your sister. You don't have a sister in Wisconsin do you?
      Thanks Dennis!
      I think I am your sister of a different sort.

      No, I don't have a sister in Wisconsin, but it's funny you should say that as I have been asked that before. As a matter of fact, I've been asked that about quite a few states, lol!

      And I thought after I was made, the mold was broken.:p

      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1843305].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
        Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post


        And I thought after I was made, the mold was broken.:p

        Terra
        Maybe it was, she might have been your older sister.
        Signature

        Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1844724].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
          Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

          Maybe it was, she might have been your older sister.
          Hey, hey Dennis, quite the witty answer! I am impressed!

          MissTerraK
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1845914].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
            Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

            Hey, hey Dennis, quite the witty answer! I am impressed!

            MissTerraK
            Aw...that's just because you're my sis*






            *SIS - Sibling in Spirit.
            Signature

            Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1846886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrmoonlight
    Do something! Anything! Do it the best that you can! Give it your all and all will come to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1844794].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1845888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrLink
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1847047].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by MrLink View Post

      Honestly, you're making the question way to broad. It's obviously opinion based off the fact "What do you think is good advice"? I mean there are a million things people input every day what makes you think something that's already been heard before will change there mind now, 10 minutes from now, or years later?
      It's actually a way of finding out what is important to the person answering the question. There are no expectations for later. We're not really about to die, and don't have a stranger in need of advice before us.

      According to your logic though, there would be no point of ever giving advice because it's all been given before. That kind of thinking fails to take a lot of things into account though:

      - No one is all knowing. Any piece of advice, even common knowledge, could be new to any given individual.

      - Two people can say the same thing but a person may not get the message from one person but does from the other because of the way it's presented, or because of the respect the receiver has for one over the other, or the disrespect the receiver has for one over the other, or any number of other reasons.

      - Some people need to hear a message multiple times before it sinks in.

      - Some messages need to be heard multiple times before they are fully understood.

      - Some messages need to be heard at the right time, under the right emotional conditions, before they have meaning.

      I could go on and on, but I trust I've made my point sufficiently.

      Besides, it's my game, I get to make the rules.
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1847103].message }}

Trending Topics