You Don't Have To Be Good At Anything To Make Money Online

59 replies
Hey everyone,

I thought I would share a recent success story that I had and how exactly I did it without much effort on my part

The first thing I did was go over to clickbank and have a look at what products were selling well and in what niches. I wanted to get feedback on what was making money before I created my own product.

I found a number of websites with high gravity that were selling their own products for around $77 in one particular niche. I also used the Google keyword tool to gauge the number of searches per month.

The niche was getting over 250,000 searches per month and there was a lot of people advertising with Google Adwords.

Perfect. This could be a profitable niche.

However having very little experience in the niche I decided that it would be best to have an "expert" create the product instead of me.

I did a little research and found a local person who fitted the bill. I paid them $750 to write an Ebook on the subject and to appear in video footage (which I filmed with a borrowed camera). I also took some pictures of them for branding.

The whole process took about a week. And at the end of it, I had a great product in a niche where money was being spent.

I then hired a graphic designer and someone to write me a sales page. Costing $1000. I probably could have gotten it done cheaper but the final result was fantastic, so it was worth the extra spend.

After that I contacted about 30 different potential JV's. Simply emailing them. Offering them 50% on the initial $77 and also 50% on a $27 up sell.

Using some of the video footage that I shot earlier with the "expert" I created some pre launch content. (This was 2 videos each around 5 minutes long, but giving some great content).

In the end only 14 people mailed their lists or added the offer onto their websites but I was able to sell over $20,000 worth of product. Netting me over $10,000.

Not bad for a $1750 investment. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

But I was finished yet.

I then completely outsourced some articles, forum posting and link building. And also added a press release and did some video marketing (using the footage I had shot earlier). (total cost close to $1500). I just used elance, guru.com etc. It took me a little while to find the right people, but when I did I hung onto them.

My goal was to get the site ranking for some mid level terms in the SERPS and earn passive income.

For the next 3 months, the site earn t me $4,000 in profit from the SEO and also from a couple of affiliates.

Then I decided to sell the business as a whole (including product, website, salespage everything) on flippa for $5,500 profit.

OK, so the total project cost me $3250. But I received back $19,500 in revenue.

Total profit being $16,250 in 4 months.

The key points:

1. I did proper market research. I knew there was money being spent and that people wanted this product. Don't ever start a project without first knowing this.

I can't stress that point enough.

2. I outsourced everything. My role was to over see everything. Instead of getting bogged down by creating the product, creating graphics, salespage, SEO etc, I simply handed that over to the experts. This meant a far better product, the project being completed quicker and allowed me to work on other things as well.

3. I always had the plan in mind to sell the business for some quick cash. I could have kept it going and earning residual income but this will allow me to create another product quickly.

Ok, so there you have it. I hope this inspires and helps.

Feel free to ask any questions
#good #make #money #online
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You obviously are good at research and implementation, and somehow you have tenacity to get you past any shortcomings.
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943645].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by chollas View Post

      I always say...play to your strengths, and outsource your weaknesses.
      I 100% agree. I also think that you have a lot more fun when you focus on what you are best at.
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Geoff A
      Originally Posted by dvduval View Post

      I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You obviously are good at research and implementation, and somehow you have tenacity to get you past any shortcomings.
      Agreed. Christian is clearly extremely good at the business of IM. This is a simply awesome post. Although I am new to IM I have a pretty good understanding of business concepts and this post illustrates many of them.

      From marketing to implementation to profit. I think this would be a great post for any newbie to read.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1950279].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author davidjames42973
        That's awesome! Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing these tips to all of us.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1950454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chollas
    I always say...play to your strengths, and outsource your weaknesses.
    Signature

    Looking to supplement your Adsense earnings?
    Read my Prosperent Review

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jenniferlcarter
      couldn't agree more with that comment..learn when to delegate one cannot be good at everything!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1958692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Brock
    Awesome man. Excellent post.

    I love simple business plans like that that work wonderfully.

    Was your product unique at all(content-wise?)
    Signature
    Clickbank #1 Best Seller: The Deadbeat Super Affiliate.
    Click here to learn how to make money online in your bath robe and gym socks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943659].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by Daniel Brock View Post

      Awesome man. Excellent post.

      I love simple business plans like that that work wonderfully.

      Was your product unique at all(content-wise?)
      Hi Daniel.

      Thank you.

      Yes the product was unique. I got an expert to create it who had many years in the industry. I wanted to make sure that the product offered more than its competitors and was the best on the market.
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943678].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author andr3w84
        Great story; I've read some of your past posts and something tells me you are going to be coming back with more and more success stories like this.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943688].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Christian York
          Originally Posted by andr3w84 View Post

          Great story; I've read some of your past posts and something tells me you are going to be coming back with more and more success stories like this.
          Thank You
          Signature

          You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikemac1
    Great job and very cool idea, that's a great way to monetize a niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943667].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yogini
    Great post. Did you offer the expert a flat fee only or does he get revenue on any sales etc? Did he also get the product to resell? I'd love more details on that part itself. In the video did you advertise his business, store or website at all?

    Debbie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943675].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by Yogini View Post

      Great post. Did you offer the expert a flat fee only or does he get revenue on any sales etc? Did he also get the product to resell? I'd love more details on that part itself. In the video did you advertise his business, store or website at all?

      Debbie
      Hey Debbie,

      Great point but no I just offered him a flat fee. If I was low on cash I could have offered him a percentage of sales however.

      In the videos it was geared strictly to product that we had created
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Nice.....real nice. Congrats on your success story. Now create another one.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ivelin2008
    Awesome man, thanks for sharing!

    I have a question though.. Why did you decide to sell the site? I mean you've done all this hard work and you were getting traffic and sales on autopilot from the search engines now right? Isn't this the goal?

    Why sell it? Just build upon it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dem0x7
    Cool, man! Great read. Was the $20,000 in sales just from the 14 people who mailed out the offer? That's awesome, where did you find the JV's?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943785].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

      Nice.....real nice. Congrats on your success story. Now create another one.
      Thank you Dennis, I'm working on it

      Originally Posted by Ivelin2008 View Post

      Awesome man, thanks for sharing!

      I have a question though.. Why did you decide to sell the site? I mean you've done all this hard work and you were getting traffic and sales on autopilot from the search engines now right? Isn't this the goal?


      Why sell it? Just build upon it!
      Great question. You are right I could have simply kept it and earn t a couple of thousand off it each month but with the chunk of money I got from the sale I can then go out and start another 3-4 projects right away.

      But I mean it's up to you. I like working on different projects all the time. If you prefer the passive income then that's great too.


      Originally Posted by dem0x7 View Post

      Cool, man! Great read. Was the $20,000 in sales just from the 14 people who mailed out the offer? That's awesome, where did you find the JV's?
      Yeah just from them mailing out to their lists or putting the offer onto their blogs or websites.

      I found the JV's rather easily. I first contacted the large sites who were selling a similar product on clickbank and by going to google and searching. For example if the niche is dog training then go to google and type in dog training. Then contact all the sites that are large and appear to get good traffic or the sites that are collecting opt-ins.

      You can also contact people who are sending ppc traffic to an opt-in page.

      If you have a great product, some great free content to give away and are offering a good % of the sale, then JV's are happy to promote.
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943814].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dem0x7
        So when you contact a potential JV, you just show them your product's website and then what? They get their own referral link from Clickbank, so they are like a regular affiliate?

        Originally Posted by Christian York View Post

        If you have a great product, some great free content to give away and are offering a good % of the sale, then JV's are happy to promote.
        What do you need the free content for? The JV's are sending them to the actual sales page, not a squeeze page, right?

        Thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Omega404
    That achievement was quite impressive.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kundan
    Wow! Christian! That's an awesome success story! How did you learn this? Who is your mentor? Is there a way to spend less money than you did and still make a lot of money online in the time you did? Very curious about that.
    Signature

    I found the greatest marketing idea of all time - in a FREE book http://www.supertips.com/ultimate/x/?id=5022

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sacha Sargoni
    nice job all round. What is your success rate? because no one gets it right every time. I would think 1 in 4 would be a good strike rate.

    So at a $1750 investment per project, one could possibly be down 7 big ones before we hit a winner. Its always worth looking at the big picture when taking on projects.
    Signature
    Want to send someone a thank you? send them a great rose and help a worthy cause at the same time! FREE worldwide shipping.
    http://www.giving.prproblog.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dejon97
    I really appreciate you taking the time to share your story because it reveals what type of revenue/profits can be realized by following an easy to understand and strategic plan.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dbonline
    That is very inspiring to read. Great way to capitalize on your time and money spent. Good research like that is always important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mpeters7
    Christian,
    That's genius.

    I know this is an incidental detail, but it always bothers me.

    Do you brand the whole thing with your expert's name? And is that part of what you're buying with your $750? Meaning, do you write the sales letter and any follow up emails from his perspective? And does the end buyer from Flippa get the rights to use his name to promote it?

    Seems kind of risky from the expert's position but maybe he's happy for the $750.

    Thanks for the tips!

    Mike
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jaysmyne
    I think you have to be able to think analytically to be good with SEO. You also have to be good at organizing and keeping track of different items. Oh and most importantly you have to be computer literate. While it may be a basic skill set required to be good at IM, you would be surprised at how many people are lacking in these skills.
    Signature
    Xoxo, Danielle Faith
    Xo, Faith and DanielleFaith.me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1943961].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by dem0x7 View Post

      So when you contact a potential JV, you just show them your product's website and then what? They get their own referral link from Clickbank, so they are like a regular affiliate?



      What do you need the free content for? The JV's are sending them to the actual sales page, not a squeeze page, right?

      Thanks!
      Yeah you just show them your website and in some instances you can also let them take a look at the product itself.

      Yeah they get their own affiliate link via clickbank which makes it super easy for them to promote. It also means that you dont have to worry about paying your affiliates because clickbank handles all that.

      As for the free content, this just helps ensure credibility and helps with the presell. You organize a launch sequence in which the potential customers see 2 great videos for free and then later they are sent to the sales page.

      I.E. On day 1 the JV's send to video 1. On day 3 the JV's send to video 2. On day 5 the JV's send to salespage.

      Make sense?

      Originally Posted by Omega404 View Post

      That achievement was quite impressive.
      Thank you

      Originally Posted by Kundan View Post

      Wow! Christian! That's an awesome success story! How did you learn this? Who is your mentor? Is there a way to spend less money than you did and still make a lot of money online in the time you did? Very curious about that.
      Thank you. I have a lot of mentors. Ranging from Tony Robbins to Frank Kern. And yes you can do this for much cheaper if you want.

      You can create the product yourself (requires you to be an expert) or you offer an expert a revenue sharing deal (I.E. nothing up front but then 20% of sales or something.

      You could then create the graphics and sales letter yourself.

      This could all be done for next to nothing. And then perhaps once you make some money you could then invest in outsourcing on your next project.


      Originally Posted by honestbizpro View Post

      Well my friend you have mastered outsourcing! You seem like a Pro to me. Congrats!

      I can see you taking on much larger cash sum deals and having great success.
      Thank you for the kind words. Yeah thats the goal. Keep moving up each time.

      Originally Posted by Sacha Sargoni View Post

      nice job all round. What is your success rate? because no one gets it right every time. I would think 1 in 4 would be a good strike rate.

      So at a $1750 investment per project, one could possibly be down 7 big ones before we hit a winner. Its always worth looking at the big picture when taking on projects.
      If you do the market research correctly then your chance of success is rather high. Moreover you don't necessarily need to invest $1750. You could create the product, salesletter and graphics all yourself or get it done for a cheaper price.

      If you create a good product, have a decent salesletter, contact enough jvs and then sell the business you stand a great chance of at least making your money back. Thus you won't be down anything before you hit a winner.

      Originally Posted by dejon97 View Post

      I really appreciate you taking the time to share your story because it reveals what type of revenue/profits can be realized by following an easy to understand and strategic plan.
      Your welcome

      Originally Posted by dbonline View Post

      That is very inspiring to read. Great way to capitalize on your time and money spent. Good research like that is always important.
      Research before you start the project is the most important aspect

      Originally Posted by mpeters7 View Post

      Christian,
      That's genius.

      I know this is an incidental detail, but it always bothers me.

      Do you brand the whole thing with your expert's name? And is that part of what you're buying with your $750? Meaning, do you write the sales letter and any follow up emails from his perspective? And does the end buyer from Flippa get the rights to use his name to promote it?

      Seems kind of risky from the expert's position but maybe he's happy for the $750.

      Thanks for the tips!

      Mike
      Hi Mike,

      Yeah the $750 covers using his name for branding. And yeah the sales letter and emails etc are all from his perspective and the buyer gets to use his name.

      He was happy with the $750 because he is an expert in this niche but it's not his main focus. I.E. He has another job and just does this for fun. And we gave him a "pen" name.

      If he spent all his time in the niche and was well known then you would have to offer them a % of the revenue.

      I.E. If your niche was fishing, you could find someone who is a fishing hobbyist who knows a lot about fishing and has done it for a long time. But they don't make a living from fishing.

      Therefore they are happy to share their knowledge and make some money.

      Make sense?


      Originally Posted by Jaysmyne View Post

      I think you have to be able to think analytically to be good with SEO. You also have to be good at organizing and keeping track of different items. Oh and most importantly you have to be computer literate. While it may be a basic skill set required to be good at IM, you would be surprised at how many people are lacking in these skills.
      Perhaps my title might have been an exaggeration.

      Perhaps a better one would be "You Don't Have To Be Great At Anything To Make Money Online"
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Exactly right. You don't have to know anything about the product you are selling even if it's your own product. You do have to know one thing, though, how to do all that stuff you did! But really, it's an extremely effective system to follow and a good way to make money. Working on doing that myself, now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by Christian York View Post

    Hey everyone,

    I thought I would share a recent success story that I had and how exactly I did it without much effort on my part

    The first thing I did was go over to clickbank and have a look at what products were selling well and in what niches. I wanted to get feedback on what was making money before I created my own product.

    I found a number of websites with high gravity that were selling their own products for around $77 in one particular niche. I also used the Google keyword tool to gauge the number of searches per month.

    The niche was getting over 250,000 searches per month and there was a lot of people advertising with Google Adwords.

    Perfect. This could be a profitable niche.

    However having very little experience in the niche I decided that it would be best to have an "expert" create the product instead of me.

    I did a little research and found a local person who fitted the bill. I paid them $750 to write an Ebook on the subject and to appear in video footage (which I filmed with a borrowed camera). I also took some pictures of them for branding.

    The whole process took about a week. And at the end of it, I had a great product in a niche where money was being spent.

    I then hired a graphic designer and someone to write me a sales page. Costing $1000. I probably could have gotten it done cheaper but the final result was fantastic, so it was worth the extra spend.

    After that I contacted about 30 different potential JV's. Simply emailing them. Offering them 50% on the initial $77 and also 50% on a $27 up sell.

    Using some of the video footage that I shot earlier with the "expert" I created some pre launch content. (This was 2 videos each around 5 minutes long, but giving some great content).

    In the end only 14 people mailed their lists or added the offer onto their websites but I was able to sell over $20,000 worth of product. Netting me over $10,000.

    Not bad for a $1750 investment. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

    But I was finished yet.

    I then completely outsourced some articles, forum posting and link building. And also added a press release and did some video marketing (using the footage I had shot earlier). (total cost close to $1500). I just used elance, guru.com etc. It took me a little while to find the right people, but when I did I hung onto them.

    My goal was to get the site ranking for some mid level terms in the SERPS and earn passive income.

    For the next 3 months, the site earn t me $4,000 in profit from the SEO and also from a couple of affiliates.

    Then I decided to sell the business as a whole (including product, website, salespage everything) on flippa for $5,500 profit.

    OK, so the total project cost me $3250. But I received back $19,500 in revenue.

    Total profit being $16,250 in 4 months.

    The key points:

    1. I did proper market research. I knew there was money being spent and that people wanted this product. Don't ever start a project without first knowing this.

    I can't stress that point enough.

    2. I outsourced everything. My role was to over see everything. Instead of getting bogged down by creating the product, creating graphics, salespage, SEO etc, I simply handed that over to the experts. This meant a far better product, the project being completed quicker and allowed me to work on other things as well.

    3. I always had the plan in mind to sell the business for some quick cash. I could have kept it going and earning residual income but this will allow me to create another product quickly.

    Ok, so there you have it. I hope this inspires and helps.

    Feel free to ask any questions
    Excellent, Christain. It is amazing ALL the different ways to make money online. This is a great example and its what separates Warrior from other Forums as far as giving your business model step by step !!
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on the Success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944100].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adam Nolan
      Nice job! I love hearing stories like that. It's a dead simple business plan that works that SO few people follow through till the end.

      Kudos

      - Adam
      Signature
      Marketing Hacks Workshop Tonight at 8PM EST.

      Tonights Hack: The incredible hidden traffic source you haven't heard about that can send thousands of targeted visitors to your website for 1.9 cents per click.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944206].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author livinglife247
      This is a great thread!

      So basically what you did was find a niche that was profitable.
      Look at your competition that you new were making money
      Then take everything they were doing and just
      MARKET AT A DIFFERENT ANGLE!

      Fast food industry for example...

      If i wanted to get started there i would model my competition, the ones
      that were success.

      I would study everything mcdonalds was doing
      and basically do the same thing but just at a new and different angle.
      Signature

      Break ups are hard to handle alone and thats why some people need a the no contact rule. If you need a system to follow read The Magic Of Making Up. A good relationship coach is TW Jackson because he has been helping people get back together. The Magic Of Making Up review will give you all the break up advice you need to help you save your relationship fast but a break up coach can still help you with your situation.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944265].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Christian York
        Originally Posted by redicelander View Post

        Exactly right. You don't have to know anything about the product you are selling even if it's your own product. You do have to know one thing, though, how to do all that stuff you did! But really, it's an extremely effective system to follow and a good way to make money. Working on doing that myself, now.
        Cool. Good luck

        Originally Posted by mpeters7 View Post

        Makes a lot of sense. Giving the pen name was the part I was missing. THANKS! And well done.
        Awesome. Thank you

        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        Excellent, Christain. It is amazing ALL the different ways to make money online. This is a great example and its what separates Warrior from other Forums as far as giving your business model step by step !!
        Thanks for sharing and congrats on the Success.
        Your welcome. And yes you are right. There are so many ways to make money online. The key is just to be consistent and stick with it.

        Originally Posted by Maverick_ View Post

        Nice job! I love hearing stories like that. It's a dead simple business plan that works that SO few people follow through till the end.

        Kudos

        - Adam
        Thanks Adam. You are right.

        Originally Posted by shabit87 View Post

        Sorry if this has already been asked, but do you plan to make what you did a step by step guide? I think what you did is awesome and sometimes I get approached by people wanting to do exactly what you did and sadly I can't help them. Do you think you'll be able to any time soon?
        Thank you.

        I thought that the thread was pretty much step by step?

        I think the beauty of the system is that it isn't over complicated.

        But I will be happy to answer questions if you need more specifics

        Originally Posted by livinglife247 View Post

        This is a great thread!

        So basically what you did was find a niche that was profitable.
        Look at your competition that you new were making money
        Then take everything they were doing and just
        MARKET AT A DIFFERENT ANGLE!

        Fast food industry for example...

        If i wanted to get started there i would model my competition, the ones
        that were success.

        I would study everything mcdonalds was doing
        and basically do the same thing but just at a new and different angle.
        Spot on

        Except not only did I market it from a different angle but I also looked at my competition to find ways that I could create a better product than them.
        Signature

        You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shabit87
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but do you plan to make what you did a step by step guide? I think what you did is awesome and sometimes I get approached by people wanting to do exactly what you did and sadly I can't help them. Do you think you'll be able to any time soon?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944239].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adam Nolan
      Originally Posted by shabit87 View Post

      Sorry if this has already been asked, but do you plan to make what you did a step by step guide? I think what you did is awesome and sometimes I get approached by people wanting to do exactly what you did and sadly I can't help them. Do you think you'll be able to any time soon?
      He pretty much already did in this thread? :confused:
      Signature
      Marketing Hacks Workshop Tonight at 8PM EST.

      Tonights Hack: The incredible hidden traffic source you haven't heard about that can send thousands of targeted visitors to your website for 1.9 cents per click.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tomwood
    Christain
    Great post your certainly smart than me . When I first entered IM I wrote a 100 page plus weight loss book put in on clickbank and made absolutely nothing.

    Also I was at the time one of only a handful of publishers offering 75% commission I thought this would swing it for me but not a nibble.

    you gone and done it and only given away 50% I am impressed and I might have to reconsider my weight loss book which is currently gathering dust on my hard drive.
    Signature

    FREE >>As We Thinketh << as a man thinketh for the 21st century The missing chapters are actually the best

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944506].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by Tomwood View Post

      Christain
      Great post your certainly smart than me . When I first entered IM I wrote a 100 page plus weight loss book put in on clickbank and made absolutely nothing.

      Also I was at the time one of only a handful of publishers offering 75% commission I thought this would swing it for me but not a nibble.

      you gone and done it and only given away 50% I am impressed and I might have to reconsider my weight loss book which is currently gathering dust on my hard drive.
      Hi Tom,

      Create some great free pre launch content and approach JV's. In the weight loss niche there will be a lot of people who have large lists that may be interested in mailing for you.

      It wouldn't take much effort and you could make some decent money.
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kongming
    Thanks for sharing your success story. Very impressive, would like to learn more from you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ivelin2008
    I thought getting JVs is hard and yet you got 14 easily! I guess if you can get them that's the fastest way to build a list and make money right? So do you think you managed to get them because of the niche? I mean do you believe you can do this in any niche? Create a great product -> get jvs -> make money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author poker princess
    Great post indeed !

    I really appreciate your achievements
    Signature
    Poker Software
    Poker Blog
    Life is GOOD! :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author magicmoola
    Yes, you done it man. I always looking for a new idea, your idea works and create 5 figure within a month. Of course the niche is very well in demand aren't they? If not you won't be making so much of profits.

    May I ask, what is your next plan which can sustained your product?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary King
    Nice job Christian! Congratulations.

    However, your post title is very misleading. Give yourself credit and realize that you ARE good at several things:

    1 - planning
    2 - organizing
    3 - supervising multiple people with very little vested interest in the project (not an easy task)
    4 - staying on task
    5 - staying motivated
    6 - sharing with your fellow members

    Thanks for the nice post and all success - just keep building - it'll turn into a high-speed locomotive as you keep pushing, with the money coming faster and faster.
    Signature

    ===========================
    OFFLINERS! Warning: Unless You Know These Pricing Secrets, You are Leaving THOUSANDS on the Table. Get Your Free Report Now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1944985].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1945158].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by kongming View Post

      Thanks for sharing your success story. Very impressive, would like to learn more from you.
      Thank you.

      Originally Posted by Ivelin2008 View Post

      I thought getting JVs is hard and yet you got 14 easily! I guess if you can get them that's the fastest way to build a list and make money right? So do you think you managed to get them because of the niche? I mean do you believe you can do this in any niche? Create a great product -> get jvs -> make money
      Yes it does depend on the niche. The more potential JV's and webmasters who own large sites the better.

      However in some cases you may only need a couple of JV's to mail for you to make good money if they have a big enough list.

      The key is to present to them a swept up sales page and a great product (some JV's will want to look at the product itself). It also helps if you have some great free content to give away. I.E. some video tips or a report.

      I hope this helps

      Originally Posted by poker princess View Post

      Great post indeed !

      I really appreciate your achievements
      Thank you

      Originally Posted by magicmoola View Post

      Yes, you done it man. I always looking for a new idea, your idea works and create 5 figure within a month. Of course the niche is very well in demand aren't they? If not you won't be making so much of profits.

      May I ask, what is your next plan which can sustained your product?
      Yes there has to be demand before you release your own product. Otherwise, like you correctly said, you won't make much profit.

      Sorry I don't understand your last question?

      Originally Posted by Gary King View Post

      Nice job Christian! Congratulations.

      However, your post title is very misleading. Give yourself credit and realize that you ARE good at several things:

      1 - planning
      2 - organizing
      3 - supervising multiple people with very little vested interest in the project (not an easy task)
      4 - staying on task
      5 - staying motivated
      6 - sharing with your fellow members

      Thanks for the nice post and all success - just keep building - it'll turn into a high-speed locomotive as you keep pushing, with the money coming faster and faster.
      I guess what I was trying to convey was that you don't have to be good at any of the normal IM skills. I.E. PPC, SEO, Media Buying, Sales Copy, Graphics, ETC

      Originally Posted by Justin Mandel View Post

      Hi Christian,

      Did you use your name or a pen name to promote this?


      Thanks,

      Justin
      Hi Justin,

      We used a pen name for the expert.
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1947025].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author graemewallis
    Banned
    I'm impressed that you made that much money in such a short time. But you were very wise about it and plus you had enough money to invest in getting professional help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1947434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khairulazan
    You done a great job on it...but can I know how long did you take to make you to this level.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1947521].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by graemewallis View Post

      I'm impressed that you made that much money in such a short time. But you were very wise about it and plus you had enough money to invest in getting professional help.
      Thank you. I did use professionals but if you dont have any money right now/don't want to spend any money then you can do it for much cheaper. I.E. create the product, sales letter, graphics yourself.

      Originally Posted by khairulazan View Post

      You done a great job on it...but can I know how long did you take to make you to this level.
      I have been involved in internet marketing for 3 years. But it has only been the last 13 months where I really started to "get it".
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1947667].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anwar001
    Very good business plan. Enjoy your success. Sadly, not many people can do such a thing as the initial costs are very high which so many people cannot afford.

    For people who can afford the investment, this plan looks super good. Not to mention, it provides value for other people (namely, buyers) as you were selling a good product created by an experienced expert.

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1947966].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by anwar001 View Post

      Very good business plan. Enjoy your success. Sadly, not many people can do such a thing as the initial costs are very high which so many people cannot afford.

      For people who can afford the investment, this plan looks super good. Not to mention, it provides value for other people (namely, buyers) as you were selling a good product created by an experienced expert.

      Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us.
      Thank you.

      You can actually do it for much cheaper if you yourself are an expert in any area. Also you don't have to hire a graphic designer or copywriter, you could easily do it yourself.

      This would bring the cost way down.
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1948034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kella Bella
    Thanks Christian you really laid this out in an easy to understand format. Congratulations on your success as well :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1950562].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by Geoff A View Post

      Agreed. Christian is clearly extremely good at the business of IM. This is a simply awesome post. Although I am new to IM I have a pretty good understanding of business concepts and this post illustrates many of them.

      From marketing to implementation to profit. I think this would be a great post for any newbie to read.
      Thanks Geoff.

      Originally Posted by davidjames42973 View Post

      That's awesome! Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing these tips to all of us.
      Your welcome

      Originally Posted by Kella Bella View Post

      Thanks Christian you really laid this out in an easy to understand format. Congratulations on your success as well :-)
      Thank you.

      A lot of internet marketers over complicate things. I wanted to keep things simple so that anyone could go out and replicate my success.
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1950601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tomwood
    I have gone over this idea I can see virtually no downside or risk if you follow a step by step plan.

    If it's doesn't work out it should be easy enough to recoup your initial investment by selling the PLR rights.

    Say 50 copies at $50 or $2500 providing you don't spent more than $800 on advertising you should break even.

    Okay so you will lose your time but the valuable lessons you learn will greatly increase your chances of success the 2nd time around.
    Signature

    FREE >>As We Thinketh << as a man thinketh for the 21st century The missing chapters are actually the best

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1951140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author USGTMauthor
    Sometimes this is true. I set up a test blog about the i-pad and i-touch, but never got around to doing any original content because of other projects. I found articles online about these two products which had a share button allowing you to post to blogger. After posting a few of these articles to the blogger blog and some other video from youtube, I found a $3 click in adsense. I think this could be actually a reasonable way to make money if it was combined with some keyword research. A sort of semi-automatic blogging.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1952582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jaysmyne
    After I posted my response to the title of this thread and saw Christian's response to me; I jotted this down as a good topic for my blog. The result? ... well check it out!

    The Skill Set You Need to Be Good at Internet Marketing | Jaysmine Online

    Yes this is a shameless plug; but a relevant shameless plug! *justifies it*
    Signature
    Xoxo, Danielle Faith
    Xo, Faith and DanielleFaith.me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1953422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by Tomwood View Post

      I have gone over this idea I can see virtually no downside or risk if you follow a step by step plan.

      If it's doesn't work out it should be easy enough to recoup your initial investment by selling the PLR rights.

      Say 50 copies at $50 or $2500 providing you don't spent more than $800 on advertising you should break even.

      Okay so you will lose your time but the valuable lessons you learn will greatly increase your chances of success the 2nd time around.
      Yup you are right. There is very low risk in doing this business model.

      Great Idea on selling them as PLR rights I hadn't thought of that.

      Originally Posted by USGTMauthor View Post

      Sometimes this is true. I set up a test blog about the i-pad and i-touch, but never got around to doing any original content because of other projects. I found articles online about these two products which had a share button allowing you to post to blogger. After posting a few of these articles to the blogger blog and some other video from youtube, I found a $3 click in adsense. I think this could be actually a reasonable way to make money if it was combined with some keyword research. A sort of semi-automatic blogging.
      I'm not sure how this is related to my post?

      Originally Posted by Jaysmyne View Post

      After I posted my response to the title of this thread and saw Christian's response to me; I jotted this down as a good topic for my blog. The result? ... well check it out!

      The Skill Set You Need to Be Good at Internet Marketing | Jaysmine Online

      Yes this is a shameless plug; but a relevant shameless plug! *justifies it*
      I'm glad I created some inspiration
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1954805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ariel Villar
    Thanks, Christian.
    Very Inspiring!
    I guess we don't have any excuse now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1955285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by Ariel Villar View Post

      Thanks, Christian.
      Very Inspiring!
      I guess we don't have any excuse now.
      Yup, No excuses.

      You just have to drive right in and make some good money
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1955615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jenifer00
    Thanks for taking the time to create a post about this Christian, it is nice to hear stories about real people making believable amounts of money.

    I agree with what a few others have said, you are good (even great) at many things as evidenced by what you did here. But, your point is well-taken, you can make money in a niche you know nothing about if you just take the ACTION needed to put a good product together.

    Your story can be used to silence a lot of people who whine about how hard internet marketing is. Yes, it's work, but the payoff is so much more rewarding than the paycheck you get from your 9-5!

    I hope to hear more about your successes.
    Signature

    Mindset and Method to Creating Lasting Online Business Success -- Join me for free tips that help you create Evergreen Success

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1958864].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian York
      Originally Posted by jenniferlcarter View Post

      couldn't agree more with that comment..learn when to delegate one cannot be good at everything!
      Exactly!

      Originally Posted by jenifer00 View Post

      Thanks for taking the time to create a post about this Christian, it is nice to hear stories about real people making believable amounts of money.

      I agree with what a few others have said, you are good (even great) at many things as evidenced by what you did here. But, your point is well-taken, you can make money in a niche you know nothing about if you just take the ACTION needed to put a good product together.

      Your story can be used to silence a lot of people who whine about how hard internet marketing is. Yes, it's work, but the payoff is so much more rewarding than the paycheck you get from your 9-5!

      I hope to hear more about your successes.
      Thanks Jenifer. I agree completely.

      I hope to hear more about your successes too
      Signature

      You Still Here? Go Make Some Money

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1958912].message }}

Trending Topics