Success Story - $500 bucks w/ $105 monthly for OFFLINE consulting

36 replies
Hi warriors,

I wanted to share my first success story here with you, and no I don't plan on releasing any WSO

I got a call this morning and the guy on the phone asked me to meet with him because he wanted to dominate local listings in google for his business (sound and audio provider). To be honest I was shocked because I just got into offline consulting and he was my very first client.

Even more shocking was the way he heard of me. Apparently, my friend that I used to work with told him about what I do online and he wanted me to do the same thing for his local business. So i met with him after doing a little keyword research and we sat down and arranged a deal. I offered him an seo backlinking service + blog creation and a monthly charge for upkeep.

We negotiated the contract for $500 with $105 monthly for upkeep of my services. He was really happy with it too. Now it might be low for those of you who are more experienced with offline consulting but for my first client I was pretty darn happy. Actually, I was so happy I went to a buffet to celebrate afterwards. Now I am motivated more than ever to find more offline consultation projects.

**UPDATE**
I was so inspired by my first client I went on a rampage and got
two more possible clients. One barber shop owner and the other is a
t-shirt designer. I knew the barber and the t-shirt designer just happened to be
at the right place at the right time. The barber is in the process of
getting a website completed and the t-shirt guy will give me a call
for a meeting so I can show him what I can do for his business
I hope all goes well...
#$105 #$500 #bucks #consulting #monthly #offline #story #success #w or
  • Profile picture of the author Mikedb
    Well done!!!!!!
    Always GREAT to get that first client!
    You will get higher paying customers soon

    Keep it up and you will be amazed with the phone calls you will get.
    They will refer you to their friends and business contacts.

    You will be fine!

    Again congrats on your success!

    regards,

    Mike
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153335].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by Mikedb View Post

      Well done!!!!!!
      Always GREAT to get that first client!
      You will get higher paying customers soon

      Keep it up and you will be amazed with the phone calls you will get.
      They will refer you to their friends and business contacts.

      You will be fine!

      Again congrats on your success!

      regards,

      Mike
      Hey mike,
      I really appreciate the encouragement! I will definately keep it up
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2153448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Benjamin
    Dude...you rock. Period.

    So, keep the momentum
    strong.

    You ARE bad azz!
    Signature
    **How I FLIPPED $80 into $690 Pure Profit With ONE EASY Method...2 to 3x Per Week...Only 30 Minutes Per Day (and how YOU can COPY my RESULTS, too!) **CLICK HERE FOR VERIFIED VIDEO PROOF**
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alican Yenidogan
    Man looks like you've found your way
    Signature
    PLR Software - From the coders of Mass Article Creator Software - #1 ClickBank Seller

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Ratliff
    Great job Zeze...now that you've "done it"...it's time to go out and get your next client.

    And...

    Do this project so well, that it will be easy for this client to refer your services to others. Then, when this project is completed, find other ways to serve the same client if possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154134].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by Joseph Ratliff View Post

      Great job Zeze...now that you've "done it"...it's time to go out and get your next client.

      And...

      Do this project so well, that it will be easy for this client to refer your services to others. Then, when this project is completed, find other ways to serve the same client if possible.
      thanks joseph,
      Yah i implemented a continuity service in our contract so Ive got this client for months to come....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greff
    Faneffenfastic!

    Just the beginning of a greater success story....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154142].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by greff View Post

      Faneffenfastic!

      Just the beginning of a greater success story....
      hey, that's not a real word...lol
      thanks bud!
      I definately hope this leads on to bigger and better things!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154568].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
        Nice story.

        Referrals from someone a business owner knows are often the easiest prospects to convert into paying clients (as you've discovered).

        People working on getting local businesses as clients should remember to ask everyone they know and everyone they talk to who they know.

        Those referrals can be real gold.

        Kindest regards,
        Andrew Cavanagh
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154574].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
          Originally Posted by AndrewCavanagh View Post

          Nice story.

          Referrals from someone a business owner knows are often the easiest prospects to convert into paying clients (as you've discovered).

          People working on getting local businesses as clients should remember to ask everyone they know and everyone they talk to who they know.

          Those referrals can be real gold.

          Kindest regards,
          Andrew Cavanagh
          thanks!
          I agree with you, those referrals are gold. I actually told my first client that If he gave me a referral i would give him a special bonus. He was really excited about that.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author T2007
    Congratulations on your first client!
    Love to read those stories... get me inspired
    Tammy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154665].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by T2007 View Post

      Congratulations on your first client!
      Love to read those stories... get me inspired
      Tammy
      hi tammy,
      thanks...I am glad to hear that...
      you can do it too!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154757].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author underthegun
    That's funny. I just met with a possible offline client about building a website and doing SEO for them. I gave him a sweet deal too, $500 flat with 2 months of seo building and only $50/month to keep it going if they seen an improvement.

    Not just a website, either... a fully functioning car listing website (local car lot). He turned me down and after a little research into the owner I found that a lot of people have had bad experiences with him. To the point of only getting half payment for services (online and offline) or not paying them at all some times.

    He turned me down because I was asking to much... yeah, right.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154761].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by underthegun View Post

      That's funny. I just met with a possible offline client about building a website and doing SEO for them. I gave him a sweet deal too, $500 flat with 2 months of seo building and only $50/month to keep it going if they seen an improvement.

      Not just a website, either... a fully functioning car listing website (local car lot). He turned me down and after a little research into the owner I found that a lot of people have had bad experiences with him. To the point of only getting half payment for services (online and offline) or not paying them at all some times.

      He turned me down because I was asking to much... yeah, right.
      oh really, wow...yah there are some real lemons out there. I am real happy my first client was good. It inspired me to go get more...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mflorin
    Awesome man! Congrats! That really motivates me to get moving. Offline consulting is the direction I am heading too I think.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154764].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by mflorin View Post

      Awesome man! Congrats! That really motivates me to get moving. Offline consulting is the direction I am heading too I think.
      don't think man just do it lol
      to be honest up until today I had decided to just stick to online marketing for no apparent reason than just treading face to face interactions but the call I received today was my sign...if I ever needed any lol.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154781].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FredJones
        Great story. I would think that $200 per month ongoing would be a possibly better option - but never mind. You can always scale with other clients.

        BIG congrats on your first offline client and your potential set of further clients.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2154881].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
          Originally Posted by FredJones View Post

          Great story. I would think that $200 per month ongoing would be a possibly better option - but never mind. You can always scale with other clients.

          BIG congrats on your first offline client and your potential set of further clients.
          hi, thanks Fred...
          i appreciate the feedback.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2155932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zenji
    Wow, congratulations. This is what I really want to do once i quit my day job! I will be waiting to get tips from you

    Zenji
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2155255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by zenji View Post

      Wow, congratulations. This is what I really want to do once i quit my day job! I will be waiting to get tips from you

      Zenji
      Hi zenji,
      honestly, I am working full time 5 days a week so i am gonna use about 2 hours every day to do offline consulting. Just go out and call that first client...and then take it from there and continue
      you can pm me for any advice...I'm just getting started myself but I will help where i can.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2155938].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author davidjames42973
        Way to go! Congratulations.

        You'll be amazed how many people will contact you if you do good work. I get emails and phone calls all the time for people who want my SEO Services and I don't even go out and look for clients.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2156709].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
          Originally Posted by davidjames42973 View Post

          Way to go! Congratulations.

          You'll be amazed how many people will contact you if you do good work. I get emails and phone calls all the time for people who want my SEO Services and I don't even go out and look for clients.
          Thanks...I will take that to mind and do the best job possible so they can give me refferrals
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2156868].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
          Originally Posted by davidjames42973 View Post

          Way to go! Congratulations.

          You'll be amazed how many people will contact you if you do good work. I get emails and phone calls all the time for people who want my SEO Services and I don't even go out and look for clients.
          Thanks...I will take that to mind and do the best job possible so they can give me refferrals

          thanks, I will defiantely try to do a good job so they refer me to their friends.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2156875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christie Love
    Great Job. You don't realize just how easy it is to get offline clients until you've gotten your first client. Keep up the great work!!!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2158058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by Christie Love View Post

      Great Job. You don't realize just how easy it is to get offline clients until you've gotten your first client. Keep up the great work!!!
      thanks for the kudos Christie...I will reach out for more clients this coming week. I do have a challenge though since I work my day job till 6pm and most businesses close at 4 or 5 pm but I will get around it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2160051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author communityn
    Congrats. I know how it feels when we get our initial client. It's simply awesome! For that matter, I was even happy to see few posts on the my thread (promoting my business).However, the key is to keep the excitement going irrespective of client numbers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2158078].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by communityn View Post

      Congrats. I know how it feels when we get our initial client. It's simply awesome! For that matter, I was even happy to see few posts on the my thread (promoting my business).However, the key is to keep the excitement going irrespective of client numbers.
      Thanks for the tip, I am revved up and ready for offline marketing
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2160058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Prawn
    Congratz mate!
    Signature

    You can make up to $726 from one click at Prosperent! Join the new Targeted Cost Per Action (CPA) revolution that is destroying AdSense!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2158310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pintara3
    Well done, the first is always the hardest, because it's the part between the ears that stops us.
    Cheers
    graeme
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2164732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stealth_warrior
    congratulation, success for you ...
    keep it up man!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2164770].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author darkonetoo
      Congratulations!

      I love stories like yours.

      I do an internet/offline combo business also. The internet makes many things possible that nothing else can-- easy access to niches that you could never before find without prohibitive costs, and instant delivery of product that is the most valuable in the world: information or access to information.

      Go get 'em.

      DarkOneToo
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2167936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abhinav
    Well done! Way to go, now you should work on scaling to the next level!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2168381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyroneshum
    Such a great story Zeze.

    You really sound uplifting! By the way, since you already got these gold mines on track, keep them and cherish the good relationships you're having because you'll never know when that "followup" comes and that way, bigger and more projects will come your way. I can highly assure that.

    More power to you.
    Signature
    outsourcinglive.com
    Follow me on my 90 Day Challenge to rank no. 1 on Google
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me at: outsourcinglive.com/google-plus
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2169181].message }}

Trending Topics