I just started the site: mildmanneredmillionaire.com, and I'm curious what you all think of the idea... Basically the concept of the site can be summed up here:
This site is not about how to make a million dollars, its about how to make money doing what you love so you feel like a millionaire. Its about how following your passion can lead to the richness of life that you may have thought only money could buy. Most of all its about living life to the fullest without wasting 40 hour a week for someone else the rest of your life. This site isn't necessarily about making more money then you do already, its about putting money in its proper place and making the most of the money you already make. |
This sites designed for people who fall into the category,or who want to fall into this category, that Tim Ferriss (Author: The 4-Hour Workweek) calls the "New Rich".
- How To | Simple, practical guides on a wide range of subjects.
- Inspiration | Stories and studies on interesting results that will serve to inspire.
- Lifestyle | Would you rather make $1,000,000 a year working 80 hours a week, or $500,000 working 4 hours a week?
- Marketing | Its simple, market something and you may just make some money.
- Productivity | How not checking FaceBook every 15minutes can save you tons of money.
I want the site to be similar to Lifehacker.com & freelancefolder.com, they both have my main audience... This isn't a site to stuff full of content from other sites, I'm really looking to make authentic great copy here.
The money concept goes as follows:
Many people don't realize what kind of money is in advertising online, but just to give you an idea here's some simple math: |
- Lets say you write an article that gets 20,000 page views a day... And if its high enough quality (content is king as they say), and has a 'viral' punch you can expect this kind of traffic.
- At 20,000 page views you can expect a click through rate on YOUR ads of about 1 - 3%, we'll go with a 2% average
- 2% of 20,000 is 400 clicks.
- Depending on the topic the ads can run anywhere from $.50 to $5 per click, and some cases of $20 per click if the audience is valuable enough! A safe average is $1 per click, thats what I see on most my sites.
- 400 clicks at $1 per click is $400... But remeber, thats per month day on ONE article.
Lets say you only get 1,000 views per day on an article, which if it doesn't go viral, and its an older topic you can probably suspect around that many views... You'd still get around $20 per day on that one article. Thats enough to cover the rent per month!
So lets get this thing going, it will take time- great things don't always happen over night... And its not a get rich 'quick' scheme, we're trying to build a community here.
thanks in advance