Happiness is a CHOICE...

48 replies
Consider this:

If you are driving on the road and somebody cuts your way, you get irritated instinctively. You are about to chase the rude driver but suddenly an ambulance cuts your way again.

Notice that you are angry with the first car but not with the ambulance driver. Both of them cut you. It is not the so-called rude act that irritated you.It is what is in your head that made you mad. This means that you can change the rules in your head. For as long as nobody hurts you or take advantage of your God-given rights, you can always choose to be calm, serene, peaceful, happy, living a stress-free life.

Sometimes you need to fight for your rights. Most of the times you need to fight your beliefs by changing them.

Less rules, less expectations, less argument for what you think is right would equal to less stress. Don’t wait for your problems to be solved before you become happy. You can be happy not in their absence but in spite of them. Plant good seeds more and more every day.

Happiness is both a choice and a skill.

IT IS YOU WHO CAN TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE.

YOU MUST CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY NOW!!!


To my fellow Warriors, something to ponder upon:

Do you believe that you are responsible for your own happiness? not your parents nor your friends; not the absence of problems?

Will you agree that when you are unhappy, it is mostly your own making?

Who take control of your life?

Is your happiness dependent on someone else? Why?

When will you be more independent and responsible than simply blaming and pointing fingers?
#choice #happiness #happy #philippines
  • Profile picture of the author hatdance
    It's wasted effort to be mad about petty things, and important to interact with the world in a constructive way. I like to ask what I am contributing to each situation.

    I do believe no one else makes you happy. It is a choice you make on a daily and sometimes minute by minute basis.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2818830].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by hatdance View Post

      It's wasted effort to be mad about petty things, and important to interact with the world in a constructive way. I like to ask what I am contributing to each situation.

      I do believe no one else makes you happy. It is a choice you make on a daily and sometimes minute by minute basis.
      Agree.

      We are responsible for our own happiness.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2818845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Bainbridge
    I agree, I think there can always be a "reason" as to why we are not happy, but it always seem that once that "reason" is gone, then another one replaces it... we have a tendency to focus on the bad in our lives rather than the good... but it's ironic that focusing on the good makes the bad irrelevant and makes sure you get the most out of life... I do think its easier said than done sometimes though
    Signature

    Hypnosis Affiliate Program Pays 50% + $20 Join BONUS
    Real Subliminal Messages Pays 35% (world's largest subliminal site)
    SubliminalMP3s.com Pays 75%

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2819748].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by submp3s View Post

      I agree, I think there can always be a "reason" as to why we are not happy, but it always seem that once that "reason" is gone, then another one replaces it... we have a tendency to focus on the bad in our lives rather than the good... but it's ironic that focusing on the good makes the bad irrelevant and makes sure you get the most out of life... I do think its easier said than done sometimes though
      Yes, we always MAKE reasons not to be happy. :p

      If we can do that, WHY NOT MAKE MORE REASONS TO BE HAPPY? RIGHT?
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2819990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DelorseBSkow
    It is also a waste of time to get irritate about things you have no control over.

    Happiness, yes, you can choose to be happy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2819766].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by DelorseBSkow View Post

      It is also a waste of time to get irritate about things you have no control over.

      Happiness, yes, you can choose to be happy.
      We have the options, to be happy, not to be happy.

      Why not always choose to be happy.

      Many would say that its easier said than done, YES, it may be difficult BUT its not impossible.

      BE HAPPY!!!
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nigelzephyr
    for me, i choose my own happiness with the help of the people i truly love.
    i know i'm happy when they are happy and i know i had the right choice
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820124].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by nigelzephyr View Post

      for me, i choose my own happiness with the help of the people i truly love.
      i know i'm happy when they are happy and i know i had the right choice
      Agree, its like saying that, THE RIGHT CHOICE IS TO BE HAPPY.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820145].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nigelzephyr
        to: chrisbiz
        thank you for agreeing!

        well, why dont be just be happy and free right?
        happiness is free, we can always have it
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820179].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
          Originally Posted by nigelzephyr View Post

          to: chrisbiz
          thank you for agreeing!

          well, why dont be just be happy and free right?
          happiness is free, we can always have it
          That is correct!!! Make a CHOICE, NOW!
          Signature
          Virtual Assistantship?
          Need help finding Filipino VAs?
          Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
          I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Good stuff here.

    Describing happiness as a skill is money advice. It takes skillful practice to remain happy in the midst of sadness, anger and reactiveness.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Ryan Biddulph
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      Good stuff here.

      Describing happiness as a skill is money advice. It takes skillful practice to remain happy in the midst of sadness, anger and reactiveness.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Ryan Biddulph
      Thank you for taking time reading.

      This is about SHARING THE RIGHT CHOICE, encourage others to MAKE A CHOICE, LIVING THE CHOICE made.

      that is, SHARING THE HAPPINESS, BE HAPPY AND LIVE HAPPILY.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ross Petal
    Bravo Chrisbiz,

    Wonderful stuff. People fail to appreciate these points and go through life hating and developing negative energy over trival things.

    I left the hectic lifestyle of London and settled in a rural part of India. The people here have found happiness in the simplest things and don't get involved in trival and soul destroying things. They have taught me to smile and appreciate life by caring for the family, respecting elders, respecting teachers and enjoying nature, going for countryside walks, yoga and the other things with a purpose. I have learnt so much and it's fun. In London, I was a robot with a number but now I have found happiness in India.

    Your right friend.....Happiness is a choice

    God bless you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820192].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by ross007 View Post

      Bravo Chrisbiz,

      Wonderful stuff. People fail to appreciate these points and go through life hating and developing negative energy over trival things.

      I left the hectic lifestyle of London and settled in a rural part of India. The people here have found happiness in the simplest things and don't get involved in trival and soul destroying things. They have taught me to smile and appreciate life by caring for the family, respecting elders, respecting teachers and enjoying nature, going for countryside walks, yoga and the other things with a purpose. I have learnt so much and it's fun. In London, I was a robot with a number but now I have found happiness in India.

      Your right friend.....Happiness is a choice

      God bless you
      Thanks for reading and sharing.

      I am happy for you. It will be better saying that YOU MADE A CHOICE TO BE HAPPY IN INDIA.

      Again, happiness should not be relative to other things, people or places. Its within you. You make yourself happy, Its your choice to be happy in the things, people and places around you.

      May God bless us all.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
    As my dad used to say, "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." We can all make ourselves happier by being kind and living more in the moment. It helps to have a mantra.

    Mine is "Be happy now. You can’t worry about everything. Life is good."


    Signature
    Virtual Assistantship?
    Need help finding Filipino VAs?
    Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
    I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shania
    As much as it is easy to blame other for my happiness (or lack of it), happiness is a choice one has to make. Happiness is very much inked to our perception and reaction to life. If we are negative and pessimistic and react in the same way happiness will elude us! Let us choose to be happy know that whatever is happening around us is only a stepping stone to make us better. Every problem is an opportunity in disguise!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820823].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by Shania View Post

      As much as it is easy to blame other for my happiness (or lack of it), happiness is a choice one has to make. Happiness is very much inked to our perception and reaction to life. If we are negative and pessimistic and react in the same way happiness will elude us! Let us choose to be happy know that whatever is happening around us is only a stepping stone to make us better. Every problem is an opportunity in disguise!
      Be Happy. Stay Happy!!! ITS YOUR CHOICE!!!
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2820904].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Eric 90
        Beeing happy realy is a choice I experienced myself how I cane look on situations totally different when I am in a happyer mood don't let circumstances bring you down!!!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2821485].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
          Originally Posted by Eric 90 View Post

          Beeing happy realy is a choice I experienced myself how I cane look on situations totally different when I am in a happyer mood don't let circumstances bring you down!!!!
          Again, it is just in the mind. If you will decide and choose to look at things differently, that is in the more happy, lighter and positive side of things, it will be best for you.
          Signature
          Virtual Assistantship?
          Need help finding Filipino VAs?
          Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
          I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2822865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jointaldc
    It's true, nobody can make you mad, but your own self. There are times when someone cuts me off, and I'm mad and even flip them off, but, there are other times where I choose not to be mad. It's harder because you're fighting the instinctive feelings inside of you. It's a lot easier to stay mad.
    Signature
    Jointal ---- A CPA network that operates on trust -
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2821728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by jointaldc View Post

      It's true, nobody can make you mad, but your own self. There are times when someone cuts me off, and I'm mad and even flip them off, but, there are other times where I choose not to be mad. It's harder because you're fighting the instinctive feelings inside of you. It's a lot easier to stay mad.
      Its mastering your own self, your thoughts and feelings. Being aware that you have option to be mad or not to be mad is a good sign, its just about choosing the right one.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2822872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TristanPerry
    It's not a choice for someone suffering from (say) clinical depression.

    (Just thought I'd put that there as an FYI)

    But I do definitely agree that overall, we do determine the lives we live - how we act - and thus how happy we are, in general
    Signature
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2822144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KristieDean
    We are certainly on the same wavelength today! Great post. I just posted on essentially the same thing - hadn't seen your post yet!

    Originally Posted by chrisbiz View Post

    Consider this:

    If you are driving on the road and somebody cuts your way, you get irritated instinctively. You are about to chase the rude driver but suddenly an ambulance cuts your way again.

    Notice that you are angry with the first car but not with the ambulance driver. Both of them cut you. It is not the so-called rude act that irritated you.It is what is in your head that made you mad. This means that you can change the rules in your head. For as long as nobody hurts you or take advantage of your God-given rights, you can always choose to be calm, serene, peaceful, happy, living a stress-free life.

    Sometimes you need to fight for your rights. Most of the times you need to fight your beliefs by changing them.

    Less rules, less expectations, less argument for what you think is right would equal to less stress. Don't wait for your problems to be solved before you become happy. You can be happy not in their absence but in spite of them. Plant good seeds more and more every day.

    Happiness is both a choice and a skill.

    IT IS YOU WHO CAN TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE.

    YOU MUST CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY NOW!!!


    To my fellow Warriors, something to ponder upon:

    Do you believe that you are responsible for your own happiness? not your parents nor your friends; not the absence of problems?

    Will you agree that when you are unhappy, it is mostly your own making?

    Who take control of your life?

    Is your happiness dependent on someone else? Why?

    When will you be more independent and responsible than simply blaming and pointing fingers?
    Signature

    Ready for a change? Need a transformation? Read Reformat Your Life Today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2822270].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by KristieDean View Post

      We are certainly on the same wavelength today! Great post. I just posted on essentially the same thing - hadn't seen your post yet!
      Wow... Good to know!!! its nice to see people not just sharing happiness to others BUT actually letting them know HOW TO BE HAPPY.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2822881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pethanks
    Yes, I agree. You can choose to be happy or not. It's all your decision.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2823368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mental-Freedom
    Understanding that happiness is a choice is arguably one of the most important lessons anyone will ever learn. Once you acknowledge that you are not a pinball being shot around in the game of life, you realize just how much control you have over just about anything in your life. Happiness is directly related to what thoughts you produce in your mind. Allowing negative seeds(thoughts) to be planted in your subconscious produces negative emotions and behaviors. Always being aware and planting seeds that will grow into what you desire are crucial.
    Signature
    www.mental-freedom.com | Never stop learning.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2823767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ColdFire123
    Its really in you if you want to be happy. So why we choose to be mad if we can stay happy always.
    Signature
    Affiliate Marketing Season Special: Earn Commissions as much as 70%. More Stuff Get Sold and Still More Stuff To Sell.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2823987].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by ColdFire123 View Post

      Its really in you if you want to be happy. So why we choose to be mad if we can stay happy always.


      LET US ALL STAY HAPPY ALWAYS...

      Originally Posted by pethanks View Post

      Yes, I agree. You can choose to be happy or not. It's all your decision.


      Then make your DECISION,NOW!!!- To be Happy...

      Originally Posted by Mental-Freedom View Post

      Understanding that happiness is a choice is arguably one of the most important lessons anyone will ever learn. Once you acknowledge that you are not a pinball being shot around in the game of life, you realize just how much control you have over just about anything in your life. Happiness is directly related to what thoughts you produce in your mind. Allowing negative seeds(thoughts) to be planted in your subconscious produces negative emotions and behaviors. Always being aware and planting seeds that will grow into what you desire are crucial.


      Lets take charge of our lives.

      Plant good seeds now and you will reap a harvest of good fruits either
      in the near or distant future.

      Originally Posted by ColdFire123 View Post

      Just think of this. If you choose to be mad you'll the only one who will suffer from stress. So stay happy as much as possible.


      Who in the world prefer to be mad and stressed rather than happy and relaxed?

      The answer... Im sure a lot.

      Why?

      I dont know... Someone may want to answer this?
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2825821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ColdFire123
    Just think of this. If you choose to be mad you'll the only one who will suffer from stress. So stay happy as much as possible.
    Signature
    Affiliate Marketing Season Special: Earn Commissions as much as 70%. More Stuff Get Sold and Still More Stuff To Sell.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2823989].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sandraworsely
    Originally Posted by chrisbiz View Post

    Do you believe that you are responsible for your own happiness? not your parents nor your friends; not the absence of problems?

    Will you agree that when you are unhappy, it is mostly your own making?

    Who take control of your life?

    Is your happiness dependent on someone else? Why?

    When will you be more independent and responsible than simply blaming and pointing fingers?
    Your own happiness is your own responsibility and make the people surrounds you to be your inspirations (parents/friends/love ones/workmates).

    Happiness doesn't mean having the absence of problem, but your attitude towards resolving and dealing the problem.

    When you are unhappy, this is because you allow yourself to feel such way and let yourself get affected by negative forces caused by others.

    YOU should always be the one to take control of your life. Just get feedback from others and make it a basis for your improvement.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2824181].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

      I very much agree with this.

      I heard a different story once.

      2 guys on a hot day. Ones dressed in a suit going to work, the others in a pair of shorts going for a swim. They both have a bucket of water thrown at them.

      The one going to work goes crazy, the one going for a swim says, "that was refreshing"...

      So...The bucket of water was just the trigger, YOU decide how to react.
      Thanks for the nice story. Im sure a lot of our fellow warriors will get something from it. Regards.

      Originally Posted by sandraworsely View Post

      Your own happiness is your own responsibility and make the people surrounds you to be your inspirations (parents/friends/love ones/workmates).

      Happiness doesn't mean having the absence of problem, but your attitude towards resolving and dealing the problem.

      When you are unhappy, this is because you allow yourself to feel such way and let yourself get affected by negative forces caused by others.

      YOU should always be the one to take control of your life. Just get feedback from others and make it a basis for your improvement.
      Thanks for your sharing. Its truly inspiring.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2825841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Pitt
    Happiness is indeed a choice you make in every moment, remembering that those silly limiting thoughts in the head are simply not real. Silly mind playing silly games.


    If you feel sadness or any other negative emotion you shouldn't run away from it and pretend you are happy. Accept that you are sad and explore how it feels. Go right into the feeling without trying to explain it or escape from it, and you'll find it probably won't last for very long. Then you'll spontaneously feel happy because you had the courage to face the negative junk inside you (which was probably created by that crazy mind of yours telling you silly things!)

    Just remember those self defeating thoughts in the head are not real
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2824193].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      I very much agree with this.

      I heard a different story once.

      2 guys on a hot day. Ones dressed in a suit going to work, the others in a pair of shorts going for a swim. They both have a bucket of water thrown at them.

      The one going to work goes crazy, the one going for a swim says, "that was refreshing"...

      So...The bucket of water was just the trigger, YOU decide how to react.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2824349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
    No one can change us unless we want to.

    No one can teach us anything unless we desire to learn.

    No one can grow for us, to grow or not is a personal decision.

    To be happy or not to be happy is a PERSONAL CHOICE. CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY
    Signature
    Virtual Assistantship?
    Need help finding Filipino VAs?
    Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
    I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2825563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillQuick
    I agree, totally! I find that making the effort to be polite and friendly to everyone, even douche bags, leads to greater happiness. I don't think this because of some crazy spiritual idea, but just because I find being friendly is just so damn freeing!

    People will always live up to whatever expectations you put on them. If you assume they're all *******s then you'll begin to notice that others will always let you down. If you assume everyone's a good person then you'll begin to notice that everyone really is a good person, and that you forgive all the other stuff.
    Signature

    - Will

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2825741].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by Mark Pitt View Post

      Happiness is indeed a choice you make in every moment, remembering that those silly limiting thoughts in the head are simply not real. Silly mind playing silly games.


      If you feel sadness or any other negative emotion you shouldn't run away from it and pretend you are happy. Accept that you are sad and explore how it feels. Go right into the feeling without trying to explain it or escape from it, and you'll find it probably won't last for very long. Then you'll spontaneously feel happy because you had the courage to face the negative junk inside you (which was probably created by that crazy mind of yours telling you silly things!)

      Just remember those self defeating thoughts in the head are not real
      Agree, all these sadness and negative feelings may be present and the best way to deal with it is to confront them.

      Again, You need to confront your beliefs by changing them. If you feel sad change it to happy feelings. If you have negative feelings, then make it positive. Everything is in and within your control. We have a choice, we just need to make that act of choosing the CHOICE. The choice to be happy.

      Originally Posted by WillQuick View Post

      I agree, totally! I find that making the effort to be polite and friendly to everyone, even douche bags, leads to greater happiness. I don't think this because of some crazy spiritual idea, but just because I find being friendly is just so damn freeing!

      People will always live up to whatever expectations you put on them. If you assume they're all *******s then you'll begin to notice that others will always let you down. If you assume everyone's a good person then you'll begin to notice that everyone really is a good person, and that you forgive all the other stuff.
      There is a basic principle that is at work in our human life. You may or you may not believe this but it is inescapable. Inevitably, you will be rewarded by and for the good things you do and punished by and for the sins you commit.

      Do good things for yourself, make the right decision, think the proper thinking, feel the good feeling, then you will be rewarded, that is,
      YOU THINK GOOD,
      YOU FEEL GOOD,
      Now you are happy because of what you did to and for yourself.

      Stay Happy.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2825899].message }}
  • Easier said than done.

    Happiness is a choice, and, indeed, we should always choose happiness. However, there are times when it is so much easier to give in to frustration, rage, and really even sadness. In fact, these negative emotions seemed to be almost automatic, the most natural thing to feel during our most trying times.

    Choosing happiness and being happy is one of the most difficult challenges we can ever face. We easily fall into sadness, into frustration, and even settle for the things that we know would not make us happy because it is really so much easier.

    Walking the path of happiness can be difficult yet truly rewarding. Because here we need to choose every day between values that define us, things that will truly define who we are, and things that truly matter to us.

    No matter how difficult and complicated that process may be, of choosing happiness and being happy, it is our responsibility to live a life of purpose: one filled with happiness.

    Happiness is not merely a choice. It is and should be our only option.
    Signature

    Looking for the best blog topics? Visit http://helloworkday.blogspot.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2826223].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by letsmakeyourbusinessgrow View Post

      Easier said than done.

      Happiness is a choice, and, indeed, we should always choose happiness. However, there are times when it is so much easier to give in to frustration, rage, and really even sadness. In fact, these negative emotions seemed to be almost automatic, the most natural thing to feel during our most trying times.

      Choosing happiness and being happy is one of the most difficult challenges we can ever face. We easily fall into sadness, into frustration, and even settle for the things that we know would not make us happy because it is really so much easier.

      Walking the path of happiness can be difficult yet truly rewarding. Because here we need to choose every day between values that define us, things that will truly define who we are, and things that truly matter to us.

      No matter how difficult and complicated that process may be, of choosing happiness and being happy, it is our responsibility to live a life of purpose: one filled with happiness.

      Happiness is not merely a choice. It is and should be our only option.
      You may be right BUT if you just try to look back to your post, there, you had an option to consider being Happy is much easier to choose than sadness, frustration and rage.

      Let us more attract and view things in a more positive way. Life in its essence is happy, that is the highest calling of every created being, we are CALLED TO BE HAPPY.

      Being happy is the very essence of every individual.

      Let us all live and respond to that calling.

      You are also from the Philippines?

      WE FILIPINOS BY NATURE ARE HAPPY PEOPLE. Regards.
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2827388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
    I just made a choice today. Its a happy day. Smile.

    How about you? How was yours?
    Signature
    Virtual Assistantship?
    Need help finding Filipino VAs?
    Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
    I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2837244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
    Stop falling victim to the pressure of other people's ideas and expectations. Some changes in society are responsible for our disappointment that we experience today BUT the CHOICE is yours.

    CHOOSE WISELY>>>
    Signature
    Virtual Assistantship?
    Need help finding Filipino VAs?
    Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
    I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2861388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PeterDunin
    that's hope more of us choose to be happy!
    thanks for the inspiration.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2946854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maidmarion
    I agree, happiness is both a choice and a skill!

    When we were young, we were natually happy. Then we got trapped in our mind, concepts, responsibilities etc.

    But happiness & joy is our birthright, and we can choose to think happy thoughts, and look for the good in any situation. This takes a bit of skill! We need to often remind ourselves of things which make us feel good, eg. things to be grateful for, which also raises our vibration.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2949238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bailey.johnson01
    Choosing to be happy is your choice. It sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but I am often surprised at the number of people I talk to who only really grasp this when I spell it out clearly to them. They have a little eureka moment. Before such a moment, while intellectually they know their happiness is their responsibility, in practice they are acting as if it's the responsibility of everybody else. They blame the government, their family, their neighbours, or the people stuck in the queue ahead of them for their unhappiness, and not themselves.

    After their little moment of revelation, I can see that they now know in both their head and heart, that despite what's happening around them, it's up to them how they react to it. It's up to them to:- choose to be happy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2961784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by PeterDunin View Post

      that's hope more of us choose to be happy!
      thanks for the inspiration.
      Originally Posted by maidmarion View Post

      I agree, happiness is both a choice and a skill!

      When we were young, we were natually happy. Then we got trapped in our mind, concepts, responsibilities etc.

      But happiness & joy is our birthright, and we can choose to think happy thoughts, and look for the good in any situation. This takes a bit of skill! We need to often remind ourselves of things which make us feel good, eg. things to be grateful for, which also raises our vibration.
      Originally Posted by bailey.johnson01 View Post

      Choosing to be happy is your choice. It sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but I am often surprised at the number of people I talk to who only really grasp this when I spell it out clearly to them. They have a little eureka moment. Before such a moment, while intellectually they know their happiness is their responsibility, in practice they are acting as if it's the responsibility of everybody else. They blame the government, their family, their neighbours, or the people stuck in the queue ahead of them for their unhappiness, and not themselves.

      After their little moment of revelation, I can see that they now know in both their head and heart, that despite what's happening around them, it's up to them how they react to it. It's up to them to:- choose to be happy.
      Thanks for taking time reading and giving your valuable feedback.

      Regards.
      Chris
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2983090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rcritchett
    Amazing post! I am totally with you on this. It is definitely a choice, and definitely a skill that has to be trained into your body! Great post!
    Signature

    We do mail-in iPhone Repair Services, Nationwide in the US. LCD/Digitizer Glass Replacement And More.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2983099].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisbiz
      Originally Posted by rcritchett View Post

      Amazing post! I am totally with you on this. It is definitely a choice, and definitely a skill that has to be trained into your body! Great post!
      Thank you.

      We are in this together, I hope we could continue to let everybody know that Happiness is a choice, that we need to make, and a skill that we need to master.

      Regards.
      Chris
      Signature
      Virtual Assistantship?
      Need help finding Filipino VAs?
      Need help outsourcing to the Philippines?
      I can help you, FOR FREE. PM me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2983117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author windwhirl
    Happiness is a decision and it has to be decided right now. Not planned. Planning to be happy is rarely successful.
    If you observe those really trully happy man, you will find him loving his job, doing extra effort for somebody, playing with his son or taking care of a garden. A trully happy man is aware that he's happy with his life twenty four crowded hours of each day. He decides to be happy. Let me quote John Rockefeller: the road to happiness lies in two principles - find what it is that interests you and that you can do well, and when you find it put your whole soul into it, every bit of energy and ambition and natural ability you have. So fellow warriors, happiness depends on us, on our decision, not on circumstances.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2990248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maidmarion
    We always have a choice, to choose the happy thoughts, or the sad ones.
    Our feeling will guide us on what thoughts we have chosen.
    If we are feeling happy, our thoughts must have been good, and we are on track.
    If we are feeling unhappy, some thoughts we have been having are not helping us.

    Get back on track, and think some nice thoughts!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992392].message }}

Trending Topics