Be with yourself - Then go create your Success

11 replies
The old paradigm kind of has a outside in strategy, where you go outside, engage engage and engage some more, and then you'll start to feel great about life, because you've created success.

The challenge with this failed hypothesis is that unless you've learned how to enjoy your life, success won't change that. I know people who make a ton of money that are clinically depressed!

For those of who who have listened to any of Tony Robbins work, you know about the Hour of Power! That has massive power! But just the idea of being with yourself more, learning to control your emotions, learning to put yourself in great states and having an active participation in your own programming, has the most power I believe! I think that creating what you want in your life has to do with developing an acutely sensitive awareness of your own internal communication, as well as "what you need," when you're not in the right state. Sure, I get in bad states every now and then, but I have attuned so much to myself, that I scan through my arsenal of mind techniques to create a powerful solution.

Sometimes we need assurance for ourselves. To tell ourselves we're adept.
Sometimes we need to know our true power.
Sometimes we need to just create progress.
Sometimes we need to reflect on our progress and let it make us feel good.
Sometimes we need to touch the life of another human being.
Sometimes we need to get some NEGATIVE MANTRA the heck out of our heads!
Sometimes we need to just alter a belief, or a philosophy about something, so that it frees us up to maneuver a bit more easy.
Sometimes we need to sit in discomfort to realize the message coming from it, and use it to advance either psychologically, or in terms of strategy.
Sometimes we need a piece of chocolate cake. (This happens to me quite often)

I truly believe that an inside out approach is the best and most effective way to live life! Be with yourself, learn yourself, learn how to influence yourself, and then go out there in the world and be what we're all meant to be, creators! Thanks for reading everyone, you guys are all titans to me.
#create #success
  • Profile picture of the author success4all
    I agree with you 100%.

    In fact there is no outside or no need to concern ourselves with the outside.

    Our world - inside and outside - is nothing but the creation of our belief system.

    All we have to do is take care of our belief system, everything else will be taken care of.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2968657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wbeil48
      The entire world exists inside our heads. Our perception of reality is based on what particular tint of glasses we are wearing (i.e., rose-colored glasses, et al).

      So who is to say someone's "reality" is the REAL reality? Given the assumption reality is relative to the person experiencing it, how can we ever expect universal acceptance of what is "really" real and what is not?

      -Bill
      Signature
      Stop by and visit me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/wbeil
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2969310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scortillion
    Have you ever tried to control your thoughts? I mean really control them.

    I started by paying attention to them. My drive to and from work is about 45 minutes in each direction and I decided to start to control my thoughts.

    I began this by first paying attention to my thoughts and where they went. I was amazed at where they went. There was no rhyme or reason that I could see. One thought about the weather, lead to a thought about a vacation at a certain resort, this lead to a thought about a meal there, lead to a farm and so on and so on.

    It’s truly amazing how far the mind will wonder in a short period of time when you start paying attention to it.

    Try this. The next time you have a half hour or more drive ahead of you decide to control your mind for 10 miles of the ride and see what happens. Every time your mind drifts bring it back to the topic of choice. You’ll be amazed at how many times you have to bring it back to task.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2972379].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rcritchett
      Originally Posted by scortillion View Post

      Have you ever tried to control your thoughts? I mean really control them.

      I started by paying attention to them. My drive to and from work is about 45 minutes in each direction and I decided to start to control my thoughts.

      I began this by first paying attention to my thoughts and where they went. I was amazed at where they went. There was no rhyme or reason that I could see. One thought about the weather, lead to a thought about a vacation at a certain resort, this lead to a thought about a meal there, lead to a farm and so on and so on.

      It's truly amazing how far the mind will wonder in a short period of time when you start paying attention to it.

      Try this. The next time you have a half hour or more drive ahead of you decide to control your mind for 10 miles of the ride and see what happens. Every time your mind drifts bring it back to the topic of choice. You'll be amazed at how many times you have to bring it back to task.
      Awesome stuff! I'm totally with you. It's a huge thing. I love your approach of actually getting into your body and doing the exercises! I live for it! I've used mind rejuvenating systems (meditation, altered state exercises) for this, as well as exactly what you're talking about! Great comment! That has so much power!
      Signature

      We do mail-in iPhone Repair Services, Nationwide in the US. LCD/Digitizer Glass Replacement And More.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2990741].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author scortillion
        Originally Posted by rcritchett View Post

        Awesome stuff! I'm totally with you. It's a huge thing. I love your approach of actually getting into your body and doing the exercises! I live for it! I've used mind rejuvenating systems (meditation, altered state exercises) for this, as well as exactly what you're talking about! Great comment! That has so much power!
        I'm currently taking a few courses on hypnosis. I want to get certified and then move on to NLP and get certified there as well. I've read a lot about both and many other subjects related to this area.

        Have some ideas that I'm working on, just need to gather some more data.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2991169].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author rcritchett
          Originally Posted by scortillion View Post

          I'm currently taking a few courses on hypnosis. I want to get certified and then move on to NLP and get certified there as well. I've read a lot about both and many other subjects related to this area.

          Have some ideas that I'm working on, just need to gather some more data.
          Very Cool! You'll do great. I'm constantly learning as well! It never stops!
          Signature

          We do mail-in iPhone Repair Services, Nationwide in the US. LCD/Digitizer Glass Replacement And More.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2992662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluewillow
    Forget being with myself. I'm alone 99% of the time. So I've gone out of my way to cultivate new friendships. I volunteer at church and my dog rescue charity. waagr dot org.

    It can drive you nuts being home alone so much of the time, and I'm actually quite comfortable being by myself. Just need a break from it.Find people , or animals to help. That helps me feel better. So today I'm going to a waagr fundraiser. We're wrapping gifts at Barnes & Noble, and we get at least part of the proceeds. I haven't told them yet that I suck at wrapping. lol But it will be good.

    Anyway, my point is be comfortable with yourself, but get out a bit, too.
    Signature
    Take a short survey. No sales pitch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2972956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scortillion
      Originally Posted by bluewillow View Post

      Forget being with myself. I'm alone 99% of the time. So I've gone out of my way to cultivate new friendships. I volunteer at church and my dog rescue charity. waagr dot org.

      It can drive you nuts being home alone so much of the time, and I'm actually quite comfortable being by myself. Just need a break from it.Find people , or animals to help. That helps me feel better. So today I'm going to a waagr fundraiser. We're wrapping gifts at Barnes & Noble, and we get at least part of the proceeds. I haven't told them yet that I suck at wrapping. lol But it will be good.

      Anyway, my point is be comfortable with yourself, but get out a bit, too.
      Well done, but I think Ryan means is getting to know yourself and reflect on what is going on inside of you, not being alone.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2989019].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ucajack
        Yes completely agree with you. Its the inside which always changes our outside.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2989074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maidmarion
    Being with yourself from the inside out, is good practice Ryan.

    You need to know yourself first, before you can know others.
    I too spend quite a bit of time by myself, and I enjoy it, but also need to get amongst it and participate in life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2981054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rcritchett
    Thank you for all your wonderful comments! You all are great!
    Signature

    We do mail-in iPhone Repair Services, Nationwide in the US. LCD/Digitizer Glass Replacement And More.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2990688].message }}

Trending Topics