29 replies
Sixth Sense ???

Napoleon Hill actually labels the “Sixth Sense” as the Thirteenth Step Towards Riches and honestly believes in this concept. He not alone in this believe many more successful people also believe in a sixth sense.

At one time believing the Sun actually stayed stationary and the Earth was the one that orbited the sun was enough to be labeled crazy and persecuted by the church. Believing it was possible to talk into a mouth piece and be hear through a wire or even the airwaves was enough to be labeled crazy and laughed at.

So why is it so hard to believe that the most powerful device know, the human brain, is incapable of transmitting and receiving thoughts to and from others? Just because it hasn’t been proven yet nor discovered how to detect and develop it is no reason to laugh at the idea and cast it aside.

Haven’t you every thought about someone you have thought of or see in years only to bump into or hear from that person later that day or week? Haven’t you every had that “hunch” that was just over powering that turned out to come true?

When you believe the “sixth sense” is nonsense or not possible you are locking away a very valuable tool that could be at your disposal. It is far better to keep an open mind and weigh all the input available to you.

Not only should you be open to the possibility, but you should seek to develop your sixth sense through exercise and meditation. Become of your thoughts and feelings and analyze them and seek the meaning behind them.

At night before you drift off to sleep relax your body, close your eyes and visualize yourself having a conversation with the person or persons you admire most. Imagine having a conversation with them over what has transpired in your day, over the plans you have, and any other topic you would ask them advice about.

This exercise serves a number of purposes; it develops your imagination and your ability to visualize, it develops your ability to analyze your day and future plans, it serves to develop your focus and opens your mind to the sixth sense.

I know there were be people that read this and laugh and shake their heads as if this is all crazy stuff, but they are the same people that would have laughed at the theory of the radio, telephone, and television. These are the same people that believe the moon landings were faked and have no faith in themselves or others.

To truly succeed on a grand scale you MUST maintain an open mind and seek the sixth sense. Whether you call it hunches, luck, or calculated chances you must be open to this sixth sense in order to succeed on a Grand Scale.

James Darren Davis
#sense #sixth #sixth sense #success #wealth
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Yes, Scortillion

    your intuition is real, unfortunately because of the current political set up, and the fact that they tend to suppress or cover up anything like this main stream population doesn't seriously use it, and a percentage don't believe in it.

    It can be used in business, to a point. I find a mixture of common sense and using your intuition as a backup to a conscious solution provides valuable insights.

    Shane
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3098350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scortillion
    Glad you like it I've used that exercise for a while now.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3098366].message }}
    • Great post! I've heard about using that exercise as two different exercises (meeting with your "mastermind", and going through that day's occurances), but I think it's a great idea to combine the two. I'll definitely get to work on it.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3098387].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author scortillion
        Originally Posted by ServingThroughEmail View Post

        Great post! I've heard about using that exercise as two different exercises (meeting with your "mastermind", and going through that day's occurances), but I think it's a great idea to combine the two. I'll definitely get to work on it.
        glad to hear it, feel free to join us on facebook through my sig link
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3098487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Furiousx
    thanks for sharing this information with us, I found it very informative
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3123951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author winfredjames
    Really informative... thanks for sharing...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scortillion
    Anytime guys glad you enjoyed the post, hope you found something useful there.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bilzz
    Very great post!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scortillion
    Originally Posted by LD Carter View Post

    In our world, people only believe in what they can see. There's proof in abundance that thoughts are actual physical things, but that's usually ignored. It amazes me how people can believe wholeheartedly in religion, which preaches belief in the unseen. But completely disregard you when you're telling them about their own power, which is also unseen.

    Oh well. The less people that know about it, the more wealth and power for me.
    Go for it man! Meet you at the top!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3124937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author winfredjames
    Great post......
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3154201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrismarcans
    I agree with the post. That sixth sense is real and we have to use it in our daily activities.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3154326].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scortillion
      Originally Posted by chrismarcans View Post

      I agree with the post. That sixth sense is real and we have to use it in our daily activities.
      The key is HOW do we develop it? There are theories about it all over the place, but not one step by step plan, THAT is proven to work.

      A website that will do just that magi-collegium? Lets see what we can do...
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3170121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author William Veasley
    Hey,

    Thanks for the fantastic Thread!

    I like the way you think, because i happen to agree with you that people need to dream and visualize themselves having success. If you actually ever hope to obtain success you have to want it for your self and have a clear of vision of the level of success you hope to obtain.

    You can never dream too big!

    Having visual dreams is important for countless reasons like it keeps the things you want most at the top of that crainum so you never get sidetracked. Getting sidetracked is very easy to happen, but if you visualize your goals in a dream ever night it will keep you on track!

    Hope you get where im coming form. ( :

    God bless,
    William Veasley
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3170620].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scortillion
      Originally Posted by William Veasley View Post

      Hey,

      Thanks for the fantastic Thread!

      I like the way you think, because i happen to agree with you that people need to dream and visualize themselves having success. If you actually ever hope to obtain success you have to want it for your self and have a clear of vision of the level of success you hope to obtain.

      You can never dream too big!

      Having visual dreams is important for countless reasons like it keeps the things you want most at the top of that crainum so you never get sidetracked. Getting sidetracked is very easy to happen, but if you visualize your goals in a dream ever night it will keep you on track!

      Hope you get where im coming form. ( :

      God bless,
      William Veasley
      The bigger the dream the bigger the success!!!
      Thanks William!

      follow my facebook link in my sig and join us all are welcome
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3174695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stasin
    yes you have to get in touch with youre inner been, this is where youre sixth sense comes from.
    Signature

    No affiliate links in signatures.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3173044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stasin
    great post by the way. thanks for sharing
    Signature

    No affiliate links in signatures.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3173046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alcymart
    Great post and sure to be inspiring to some folks here. You are theorizing, but I don't care. You may be right! I like your post enough to add a few comments of my own if I may.

    When I fall asleep , I don't think about Making Money Ever anymore! This may come as a shock to most, but it's the truth! There was a time when I was thinking about Money and you know what? I failed at everything I tried. Some will argue, well it worked since success is a pre-result of constant failures, but let me get to the point.

    When I fall asleep, I think about my success as a teacher and short term goals, and you know what. I been successful since then and literally overwhelmed with success most days. Money follows in abundance. No need to figure out that someone, our subconscious or "God" doesn't want us to succeed if we are to think of only making money all the time.

    Look at Bill Gates, he said that he never wanted to become a billionnaire. He hated it and probably still hates it! He just wanted to write software and help better mankind and repeated that speech many times even to this day.

    The exception to this rule could be Warren Buffet who also wanted to make a difference in peoples lives, however he stated that his goal was always to make money and always find new ways to make more. I have no idea what he thinks before falling asleep...

    ...but I have a hunch it's not about Money because my experience showed me that when we fall asleep with money making in mind, we trip, and either lose money, or lead on a wrong path the next day or coming week.

    6th sense.... hmm... interesting. Are you alluding that those without a 6th sense never get anything much done throughout their lives? While those with a strong 6th sense, always find success? I know, I know, you didn't say it, Napoleon Hill did...

    Take care,

    Bernard St-Pierre
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3173151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scortillion
      Originally Posted by alcymart View Post

      Great post and sure to be inspiring to some folks here. You are theorizing, but I don't care. You may be right! I like your post enough to add a few comments of my own if I may.

      When I fall asleep , I don't think about Making Money Ever anymore! This may come as a shock to most, but it's the truth! There was a time when I was thinking about Money and you know what? I failed at everything I tried. Some will argue, well it worked since success is a pre-result of constant failures, but let me get to the point.

      When I fall asleep, I think about my success as a teacher and short term goals, and you know what. I been successful since then and literally overwhelmed with success most days. Money follows in abundance. No need to figure out that someone, our subconscious or "God" doesn't want us to succeed if we are to think of only making money all the time.

      Look at Bill Gates, he said that he never wanted to become a billionnaire. He hated it and probably still hates it! He just wanted to write software and help better mankind and repeated that speech many times even to this day.

      The exception to this rule could be Warren Buffet who also wanted to make a difference in peoples lives, however he stated that his goal was always to make money and always find new ways to make more. I have no idea what he thinks before falling asleep...

      ...but I have a hunch it's not about Money because my experience showed me that when we fall asleep with money making in mind, we trip, and either lose money, or lead on a wrong path the next day or coming week.

      6th sense.... hmm... interesting. Are you alluding that those without a 6th sense never get anything much done throughout their lives? While those with a strong 6th sense, always find success? I know, I know, you didn't say it, Napoleon Hill did...

      Take care,

      Bernard St-Pierre
      You are correct. When you concentrate on want you receive want, if you concentrate on needing money, you need money. Bu when you concentrate on the success you are achieving you achieve success.

      Great point!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3174681].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author grantjenkins
    Isn't there a myth that Napoleon is a believer of charms?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3173586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yakult
    Originally Posted by scortillion View Post

    Haven’t you every thought about someone you have thought of or see in years only to bump into or hear from that person later that day or week? Haven’t you every had that “hunch” that was just over powering that turned out to come true?
    It's call "hindsight bias", Google it.

    99.99% of the time, when you think about someone, you will not bump into them, they will not suddenly be calling you, they will not suddenly appear to you in astral form.

    Think about the sheer number of people you have a passing thought about every day. It could potentially be hundreds. How many of them do you suddenly have a chance encounter with, at the moment of thinking?

    Almost zero.

    Because there's a statistical chance that it could happen then, occassionally, it does.

    You just forget all the times it doesn't happen, beause they're unremarkable, and instead you just remember the crazy coincidences.

    It's the same mechanism that causes us to invent superstition, it's an evolutionary device.

    It was useful for our ancestors to become superstitious that rustling grass indicated that danger was on the way. Occassionally the grass would be moving because there was a tiger or something in there, so running up a tree would have helped save them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3173607].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scortillion
      Originally Posted by Yakult View Post

      It's call "hindsight bias", Google it.

      99.99% of the time, when you think about someone, you will not bump into them, they will not suddenly be calling you, they will not suddenly appear to you in astral form.

      Think about the sheer number of people you have a passing thought about every day. It could potentially be hundreds. How many of them do you suddenly have a chance encounter with, at the moment of thinking?

      Almost zero.

      Because there's a statistical chance that it could happen then, occassionally, it does.

      You just forget all the times it doesn't happen, beause they're unremarkable, and instead you just remember the crazy coincidences.

      It's the same mechanism that causes us to invent superstition, it's an evolutionary device.

      It was useful for our ancestors to become superstitious that rustling grass indicated that danger was on the way. Occassionally the grass would be moving because there was a tiger or something in there, so running up a tree would have helped save them.
      You are correct, you have the right NOT to believe and you are correct in that. You are among the people with a closed mind, in my opinion and are locking away a very valuable tool.

      I, and many others, believe, but we have a right to believe as you have the right not to.

      thanks for sharing though!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3174666].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Yakult
        Originally Posted by scortillion View Post

        You are correct, you have the right NOT to believe and you are correct in that. You are among the people with a closed mind, in my opinion and are locking away a very valuable tool.

        I, and many others, believe, but we have a right to believe as you have the right not to.

        thanks for sharing though!
        I'm sorry, but you're closed minded because you're coming to causal conclusions based on your preconceived ideas.

        You haven't bothered considering what I said and the logical conclusions that can be drawn from it.

        You made a claim, I made a counter-claim. Perfectly reasonable.

        I first heard about this idea of synchronicity a few years ago and read everything I could get my hands on about it. I noticed a number of large flaws, including the general ignorance about hindsight bias.

        I'm prepared to have my mind changed if you can offer reasonable evidence to back up what you're saying, whereas you are not willing to listen to me.

        (if you can't offer any evidence then perhaps you need to consider this: do you believe in this because you want to believe in it, or because you've come to a logical conclusion?)

        I suggest you watch this and then tell me who the closed minded one is


        EDIT: Those visualisation excercises are great though, and really do help keep you optimistic and better at planning. I just think that by explaining this as being down to a Sixth Sense isn't helpful because it stops the idea from being built on.

        If we all believed our bodies worked because of magic then we wouldn't have been able to build on ideas that led us to modern medicine.

        I'm really not being argumentative for the sake of it, I'm just trying to see if there's something I've perhaps missed with this.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3175181].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Chris Sorrell
          The 'gut instinct' part of life or business is often the difference between complete failure or a billion dollar business. Interesting stuff. Unfortunately it's not something that can really be taught.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3175275].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author scortillion
          Originally Posted by Yakult View Post

          I'm sorry, but you're closed minded because you're coming to causal conclusions based on your preconceived ideas.

          You haven't bothered considering what I said and the logical conclusions that can be drawn from it.

          You made a claim, I made a counter-claim. Perfectly reasonable.

          I first heard about this idea of synchronicity a few years ago and read everything I could get my hands on about it. I noticed a number of large flaws, including the general ignorance about hindsight bias.

          I'm prepared to have my mind changed if you can offer reasonable evidence to back up what you're saying, whereas you are not willing to listen to me.

          (if you can't offer any evidence then perhaps you need to consider this: do you believe in this because you want to believe in it, or because you've come to a logical conclusion?)

          I suggest you watch this and then tell me who the closed minded one is

          YouTube - Open-mindedness

          EDIT: Those visualisation excercises are great though, and really do help keep you optimistic and better at planning. I just think that by explaining this as being down to a Sixth Sense isn't helpful because it stops the idea from being built on.

          If we all believed our bodies worked because of magic then we wouldn't have been able to build on ideas that led us to modern medicine.

          I'm really not being argumentative for the sake of it, I'm just trying to see if there's something I've perhaps missed with this.
          Didn't say you were wrong, just that I didn't agree. It's a BELIEFE I have and it works for me. You quote a study using statistics which can be twisted to prove anything you want, I’ve taken a number of college statistic courses so I know what can be done with data to make it “prove” what you want.

          Again, NOT saying you are wrong, but I’ve looked at both sides and I chose to believe what I do, not closed minded, but until they can PROVE what they say I’ll continue to believe what they cannot PROVE against.

          So, again, you and I are both free, for now, to believe what we choose and what works for each of us.

          I choose the power of the mind, which was what the article was really about not the single line you’ve chosen to quote me on.

          Thanks for your input.

          Just like the study of light what you look for in your experiment you find, wave or particle.

          Also just because we don’t agree does not mean I right or you are, you cannot prove what you say and I cannot prove what I say, therefore we have two separate beliefs and are both entitled to them.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3175350].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Yakult
            Originally Posted by scortillion View Post

            Didn't say you were wrong, just that I didn't agree. It's a BELIEFE I have and it works for me. You quote a study using statistics which can be twisted to prove anything you want, I’ve taken a number of college statistic courses so I know what can be done with data to make it “prove” what you want.

            Again, NOT saying you are wrong, but I’ve looked at both sides and I chose to believe what I do, not closed minded, but until they can PROVE what they say I’ll continue to believe what they cannot PROVE against.

            So, again, you and I are both free, for now, to believe what we choose and what works for each of us.

            I choose the power of the mind, which was what the article was really about not the single line you’ve chosen to quote me on.

            Thanks for your input.

            Just like the study of light what you look for in your experiment you find, wave or particle.

            Also just because we don’t agree does not mean I right or you are, you cannot prove what you say and I cannot prove what I say, therefore we have two separate beliefs and are both entitled to them.
            An example of twisting stats would be me saying "99% of people over 21 hate foreigners", but taking a sample from 100 people at a racist convention.

            My example wasn't doing that. Perhaps I should have just said "if you think about it" rather than using the word "statistics".

            Because you can't disprove me when I tell you there's a chocolate teapot orbiting the sun would you believe that? If not, why not?

            EDIT: Good example with the wave-particle duality thing. I've got a degree in astrophysics so I know that that rather bizarre situation is quite well explained through quantum mechanics now.

            There's a difference between wave-particle duality and synchronicity though.

            In the former, both the wave-like and particle-like states of light can be witnessed by independant, objective viewers repeatably and reliably.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3175437].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author scortillion
              Originally Posted by Yakult View Post

              An example of twisting stats would be me saying "99% of people over 21 hate foreigners", but taking a sample from 100 people at a racist convention.

              My example wasn't doing that. Perhaps I should have just said "if you think about it" rather than using the word "statistics".

              Because you can't disprove me when I tell you there's a chocolate teapot orbiting the sun would you believe that? If not, why not?

              EDIT: Good example with the wave-particle duality thing. I've got a degree in astrophysics so I know that that rather bizarre situation is quite well explained through quantum mechanics now.

              There's a difference between wave-particle duality and synchronicity though.

              In the former, both the wave-like and particle-like states of light can be witnessed by independant, objective viewers repeatably and reliably.
              Great point, but if you think I'm going to say you are correct and I'm wrong, sorry... I have my beliefs and you yours... I'll enjoy mine and you yours.

              But in reality you cannot prove your side and I cannot prove mine... so I'm happy with my choice and you can be happy with yours unless you have this NEED to prove yourself right and others wrong...
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3175627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scortillion
    Correction you cannot prove yours to MY satisfaction and I to yours
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3175637].message }}

Trending Topics