Just realized something a while ago.
When people asked my about my dreams and/or aspirations, I always answered: I want to be SOMEONE.
No matter who asked or what I did, I wanted to be somebody.
A lot of time I spent reading interviews and coaching programs of people that were considered as SOMEONES.
I realized what the general notion of being somebody actually meant. Most people only care about having a nice job, a nice house, an nice wife or husband, a nice car, a nice house and a nice white fence on the yard. Most people only care about fitting this **** cookie cutter model of what it's known as success.
I realized how people beat themselves up and focus on the only goal of being somebody. They kept rolling their eyes to past mistakes and looking forward to the future, but never taking the time to analyze and appreciate what they've got RIGHT NOW.
So I came to the realization (again) that no matter who, what, or when, you're always SOMEONE. Right now, right this moment. I'm someone, and i don't need anything to prove that to me. I'm sure of it.
10 Steps to Finding your Inner Someone:
1) Bring down the mask. No matter what you're hiding from, the truth is no one cares. This life is short enough to spend it hiding.
2) Take Time. Take the time needed to find who you are. there are always million clichés about how hard is finding who you are. The truth is that i'ts been there all along. This includes what you think of yourself, your goals, what you like doing, who you like been around with, your favorite movies, the quotes that define yourself and even the brand of toilet paper you use.
3) Stop Listening to Someones. No matter how many billions they've made last year, how many hotels they own, no one can tell you more about yourself and who you are than yourself.
4) Don't give a *** if other people consider that you're someone or not.
5) Repeat step 2.
6) Repeat step 1. You've probably know a bit more about yourself now.
7) Stop pleasing others. Make things because you want it to, not because others expect you to.
8) Dig Deep. You surely won't find out anything about yourself on the surface.
9) Take Risks. the best path to self awareness is to push your limits. take some risks. So things you won't normally do. This way, you'll not only discover what your made of, but your skills and capacities as well.
10) Never Stop Searching. Every day you'll discover something new about yourself. Take that and blend it with your newly discovered someone.
Just remember that no matter what, you're always someone. Someone towards yourself and the rest of the world.
This someone is whoever you want it to be, you don't have to try to please everyone, cause that's impossible. Just embrace your inner someone, and don't be afraid to show it. Be your someone every day and, if you piss other along the way, then that's fine, you must be doing something right.
My goal now, it's not trying hard to be someone.
My goal is becoming the perfect version of the someone that I already am.