Next i want to present you some benefits of public speaking, well i need to mention... this is my opinion; yours, could be different.
- long-term relationships
- self- confidence
All things mentioned above, are real and extremly usefull in many occasions when speaking in public. Next i will present some steps before speaking, a few things that are necesarly to do:
- The most importang thing, start with a positive thinking and good atitude. If you have enemies in hall, people that may hate you; Consider all your friends. I know it's hard, but is not impossible.
- Make shure that you spent time in choosing your ideas, very carefully according to the subject for that you have been chosen to speak - don't try to sell nuts.
- Be confident about your ideas, and sell them for a high value.
- Spent some time in front of a mirror to practice your presentation
- Be relaxed - the most important factor; be cool - smile, make some fun ( not too much); be yourself - don't try to be a famous one, or a magician or something like that... it won't work.. in some situations, people know you better than you know yourself, so don't try any tricks.
- Use your body language, don't freak yourself, don't freeze your body by remaining and present from the same place where you began your presentation. Expand yourself, creating a large space where to walk, but don't think about where you'll go in that space... your body will act naturally according to your speech and what you are saying ( as it is with body language), be as much natural in your acts
- Don't think about F.E.A.R. There is NO F.E.A.R.
- Answer to questions mentioned by public, don't intrerupt them when the ask. Just listen, think about and answer.
- Finally say some appreciations about the people, you may be thankfull for their attention, participation, being an active public. Wish them your best Regards from yours.
I hope you've learned something from this, anyway you will see more detailed in Carnagie's book.Thank you for your time reading this article.
...Sell yourself on a high scale, offering value to others...