Anyone Believe in the Law of Attraction?

by bwturk
56 replies
I have been studying the Law of Attraction for some time now, and it really does work. Basically, if your thoughts, feelings, and actions are all in allignment you can attract whatever you want.

Does anyone else believe in this scientific law, and if so have you seen it work for you as well?
#attraction #law
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Spencer
    I see it work every day in my life. I'm a total believer.

    When I'm positive...I feel good...

    When I'm negative...I feel bad...

    Usually this is almost 100% accurate. Life is too short to be sad all the time.

    Attract what you will with your thoughts. By knowing yourself, life will be easier and you'll get what you want.

    The Law of Attraction is pretty much 100% true in my opinion. It's not immediate but pretty darn fast in changing your life.

    Cheers,

    Brad Spencer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 4morereferrals
      I believe in the Law of Action.
      Signature
      Rank Ascend Network - High PR Links / Guaranteed Rankings Increase
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359915].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author talfighel
        Originally Posted by 4morereferrals View Post

        I believe in the Law of Action.
        I agree with Steve. The law of ACTION is the most important thing if you want to succeed.

        Many people think that if they just IMAGINE success and not do what ever is necessary, then they will succeed.

        I can tell you from my own experience that without ACTION, you will not get anywhere.

        Tal
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Debbie Allen
    I believe in the principles of the Law of Attraction - but of course they have to be combined with action as anyone that studies LOA knows. Negativity definitely brings about more negativity and the same can be said for positive thoughts.

    I just updated my Vision Board so that it more accurately reflects my goals for 2009 - although I want success that can be measured in dollars I also measure my success in terms of other achievements.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davebo
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359945].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alminc
      I believe in the law of attraction.
      Whenever I see a sexy girl I'm attracted
      so, yes, it really works
      Signature
      No links :)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359955].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Karen Blundell
        I most definitely believe in the Law of Attraction combined with inspired action
        Signature
        ---------------
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author traces2757
    Actually, I think that the law of attraction makes sense. It really revolves around the power of positive thinking. People who believe that they are failures prove themselves right on a regular basis. People who believe themselves to be successful, are successful. Even when they fail at something, they don't consider it a failure, just a learning experience. It really, truly is all in the attitude.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author apollocreed
    Originally Posted by bwturk View Post

    Does anyone else believe in this scientific law, and if so have you seen it work for you as well?
    Which science journal did you read about this scientific law from? Unless Oprah is a scientist, I would not really consider the "law of attraction" as a scientific law.

    Going by this "scientific law", I guess the Jewish people attracted the Holocaust themselves and JFK just had too many negative thoughts that Dallas afternoon.

    Negativity exists because it has an important evolutionary function. You are the descendent of people who had a decent amount of negativity in their thought processes. Those who were too positive were either eaten by lions before they could pass on their DNA or they could not attract a mate.

    AC
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359969].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ConcordeWarrior
      I am not sure I believe in the "law of attraction" however I prefer positive thinking and good vibes than seeing things negatively.

      It makes life a whole lot better. Must chase the negative out of our lives.

      It is very important to stay away from negative people and away from those who criticize our actions. Do your own thing. Just ignore them or else avoid them if necessary.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359980].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jayden.fellze
      Originally Posted by apollocreed View Post

      Which science journal did you read about this scientific law from? Unless Oprah is a scientist, I would not really consider the "law of attraction" as a scientific law.

      Going by this "scientific law", I guess the Jewish people attracted the Holocaust themselves and JFK just had too many negative thoughts that Dallas afternoon.

      Negativity exists because it has an important evolutionary function. You are the descendent of people who had a decent amount of negativity in their thought processes. Those who were too positive were either eaten by lions before they could pass on their DNA or they could not attract a mate.

      AC
      I am a believer of this thought (yes, "thought", I am not sure if it is "Law" as yet). No, people didn't attract holocaust to themselves and neither did JFK attract that bullet to himself. These kind of things cannot be explained. They just happen because some kind of a prolonged evil thought is left unchecked for a long time which takes a gory shape before we realize its severity. This is mainly the reason behind so much of hatred, racism, sexism etc. in this world today.

      As far as this "law of attraction" debate is concerned, then I think misery loves company. If you are negative in your thoughts, then you will reflect it in your actions which will as a result, attract negativity.

      But if you are positive and do everything with a positive attitude, then that thing will posses a sense of hope and possibilities which will impress everyone who comes in its contact.

      So, if you want to attract positive people and situations, be positive .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[377927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J. Barry Mandel
    #1 - the law of attraction is not scientific i.e. everyone cannot always get reproducible results

    #2 - Deepak Chopra said it best in that you CAN atttract what you want into your life, but you must do it from a position of having a still unwaivering mind which has nothinng to do with thoughts, feelings, or actions

    Originally Posted by bwturk View Post

    Basically, if your thoughts, feelings, and actions are all in allignment you can attract whatever you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[359982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Neil S
    I do not believe in it as scientific law as it is roundly rejected by scientists as having any real scientific proof.

    I also did not like the fact that it seems to gloss over all the hard work that is required to achieve your goals. I think that is why it gained so much popularity. That you can simply "think it" and it will come true. But the bottom line is often times you have to be willing to work for it.

    It is very important to maintain a positive attitude. But at the same time one should not simply block out all negative thoughts. One should digest them, make sense of them, understand where they are coming from and why, and then keep moving forward.

    I have seen people block out all negativity until they could not see the writing on the wall and lost thousands of dollars. You should be positive in your attitude but remain objective and clearheaded in your actions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360020].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Neil S View Post

      I do not believe in it as scientific law as it is roundly rejected by scientists as having any real scientific proof.

      I also did not like the fact that it seems to gloss over all the hard work that is required to achieve your goals. I think that is why it gained so much popularity. That you can simply "think it" and it will come true. But the bottom line is often times you have to be willing to work for it.

      It is very important to maintain a positive attitude. But at the same time one should not simply block out all negative thoughts. One should digest them, make sense of them, understand where they are coming from and why, and then keep moving forward.

      I have seen people block out all negativity until they could not see the writing on the wall and lost thousands of dollars. You should be positive in your attitude but remain objective and clearheaded in your actions.

      The Best Post on this Thread so far !!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayXtreme
    Yup..

    I've long been into study of LOA... led me into the niche and I make some good cash in that niche too. But my personal journey has been more rewarding than any profits...

    Peace

    Jay
    Signature

    Bare Murkage.........

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arine Mark
    I believe it. It happens in my life many times. Watching it just ring the bell.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Lockwood
    There is a lot more discussion of this in the "Mind Warriors" section.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Johnaxe
    I believe that the more positive you are the better equipped you are to take a bad situation and make it better and thus improve your environment around you. So the law of attraction is definitely a valid theory.

    However, at least as is the case in my own life and success the power of selfless giving is the most important thing you can do. I tithe 10% of my income always to various charitable organizations - sometimes to the hungry, sometimes to church, or whatever I feel is a good donation at the time. The point is you have to do it willingly, knowing that you have been blessed with what you have.

    The idea of simply giving away money is very hard for many to grasp as they are to diluted with their own self worth to ever think about helping someone less fortunate than them, but that is their choice and so be it.

    I was once very skeptical of such practices too - not so much because i didn't care but because i wasn't doing so well at the time and quite frankly i couldn't afford it. Nevertheless i have always believed the more you give the more you get, so i began to tithe even when i new it would mean cutting expenses in other areas of my life. The results were astounding, in very little time i began to see many things in my financial status begin to change for the better. To this day my income continues to grow and i continue to give.

    -Pride comes before the fall so always be humble, count your blessings and you will live a happy and fulfilled life.
    Signature
    “It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare”
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author absolutelee
      Originally Posted by Johnaxe View Post

      However, at least as is the case in my own life and success the power of selfless giving is the most important thing you can do. I tithe 10% of my income always to various charitable organizations - sometimes to the hungry, sometimes to church, or whatever I feel is a good donation at the time. The point is you have to do it willingly, knowing that you have been blessed with what you have.

      The idea of simply giving away money is very hard for many to grasp as they are to diluted with their own self worth to ever think about helping someone less fortunate than them, but that is their choice and so be it.

      I was once very skeptical of such practices too - not so much because i didn't care but because i wasn't doing so well at the time and quite frankly i couldn't afford it. Nevertheless i have always believed the more you give the more you get, so i began to tithe even when i new it would mean cutting expenses in other areas of my life. The results were astounding, in very little time i began to see many things in my financial status begin to change for the better. To this day my income continues to grow and i continue to give.

      -Pride comes before the fall so always be humble, count your blessings and you will live a happy and fulfilled life.
      I second this. If you want to attract more, give away more. It's uncanny how well it works.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360181].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Hesaidblissfully
        I posted my feelings about the subject in another thread recently, which I snipped for here.

        "...I do believe in the Law of Attraction. I've definitely experienced how my beliefs, thoughts and emotions affect what I pay attention to and the actions I take, and hence, my external reality.

        Science has shown that our brain's Reticular Activating System facilitates what we pay attention to. People with negative dispositions or in a negative mood tend to focus on the negatives in a situation and screen out the positive. Positive/happy people do the opposite.

        Likewise, things like the Placebo Effect and Pygmalion Effect are so accepted by mainstream science that experiments actually have to be configured in a way to accommodate these principles so that they don't taint the results. (ie: does a new drug actually work, or does a person just believe they're getting better because they took a pill).

        What I'd like to know is how many of you believe in the definitions of the LOA that use theories from quantum physics as "proof" that our minds can LITERALLY affect the world around us, through "thought vibrations", etc.

        It's one thing to say that if you have a goal in mind and you focus on it intently, you'll zero in on things in your environment that will help you achieve that goal, even if they're things you wouldn't have noticed before. But it's another thing to say that if you have a goal, your mind will literally shoot out quantum wave vibrations that will make your goal appear in physical form.

        Personally, I feel the "thought vibrations" explanation actually turns a lot of people off to what is otherwise a very useful tool for achieving what you want in life."
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360256].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author traces2757
          Originally Posted by Hesaidblissfully View Post

          I posted my feelings about the subject in another thread recently, which I snipped for here.

          "...I do believe in the Law of Attraction. I've definitely experienced how my beliefs, thoughts and emotions affect what I pay attention to and the actions I take, and hence, my external reality.

          Science has shown that our brain's Reticular Activating System facilitates what we pay attention to. People with negative dispositions or in a negative mood tend to focus on the negatives in a situation and screen out the positive. Positive/happy people do the opposite.

          Likewise, things like the Placebo Effect and Pygmalion Effect are so accepted by mainstream science that experiments actually have to be configured in a way to accommodate these principles so that they don't taint the results. (ie: does a new drug actually work, or does a person just believe they're getting better because they took a pill).

          What I'd like to know is how many of you believe in the definitions of the LOA that use theories from quantum physics as "proof" that our minds can LITERALLY affect the world around us, through "thought vibrations", etc.

          It's one thing to say that if you have a goal in mind and you focus on it intently, you'll zero in on things in your environment that will help you achieve that goal, even if they're things you wouldn't have noticed before. But it's another thing to say that if you have a goal, your mind will literally shoot out quantum wave vibrations that will make your goal appear in physical form.

          Personally, I feel the "thought vibrations" explanation actually turns a lot of people off to what is otherwise a very useful tool for achieving what you want in life."
          Actually, if the end results are the same, it doesn't much matter *how* it works, does it?

          That being said, human beings simply can't leave things at that. We have to know.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360456].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Johnaxe View Post

      I believe that the more positive you are the better equipped you are to take a bad situation and make it better and thus improve your environment around you. So the law of attraction is definitely a valid theory.

      However, at least as is the case in my own life and success the power of selfless giving is the most important thing you can do. I tithe 10% of my income always to various charitable organizations - sometimes to the hungry, sometimes to church, or whatever I feel is a good donation at the time. The point is you have to do it willingly, knowing that you have been blessed with what you have.

      The idea of simply giving away money is very hard for many to grasp as they are to diluted with their own self worth to ever think about helping someone less fortunate than them, but that is their choice and so be it.

      I was once very skeptical of such practices too - not so much because i didn't care but because i wasn't doing so well at the time and quite frankly i couldn't afford it. Nevertheless i have always believed the more you give the more you get, so i began to tithe even when i new it would mean cutting expenses in other areas of my life. The results were astounding, in very little time i began to see many things in my financial status begin to change for the better. To this day my income continues to grow and i continue to give.

      -Pride comes before the fall so always be humble, count your blessings and you will live a happy and fulfilled life.
      I agree with you for the most part. But personally I have Given because I wanted to truly help out others. I didnt do it because I wanted rewards reciprocated back to me in the future. I am not saying you did.
      But I hear this very often at my Church about how if you give then you will receive. To me that is TOTALLY MISSING the point of it all. I sincerely get a huge kick out of giving and seeing the person in need and their face light up with gratification when they have been helped out. I dont need anything in return whatsoever !!! That smile back towards my direction is enough for me
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360839].message }}
  • Absolutely. Only I don't like to call it "The Law of Attraction" because it's so trite, and the term is so misunderstood and misused. My religion changed after I read The Science of Getting Rich. It led me down a long, tangled road that eventually brought me to the books of Esther and Jerry Hicks. I feel like I hit the jackpot there. At the risk of sounding absurdly philosophic on a forum intended for business matters, it has become my personal belief that we, in the most literal sense, are all God, that nothing is outside of us, and that nothing comes to us but by our own invitation.
    Signature

    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bwturk
    I am glad to hear that many people actually believe in the Law of Attraction, since I am a firm believer in it. I wouldn't be where I am today without it! The biggest thing that most people neglect is the taking action. Many people think about what they want, but don't take any action. This is why many people fail, and don't believe in this Scientific Law.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FrankRumbauskas
    Yes. I wouldn't say I "believe" in it as much as I know that it works.

    Keep in mind that The Secret and the Law of Attraction are simply a repackaged version of Think and Grow Rich, and anyone who has put that book into action knows that it works! In fact I think Hill's works, including Think and Grow Rich and particularly the Law of Success (over 1,000 pages) are far better than The Secret or any of the "new age" Law of Attraction books for someone seeking success.
    Signature

    New York Times Best-Selling Author
    Certified Google Partner Company
    Fast Company's Top 30 Most Influential People Online

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360691].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian Fox
      Originally Posted by FrankRumbauskas View Post

      Yes. I wouldn't say I "believe" in it as much as I know that it works.

      Keep in mind that The Secret and the Law of Attraction are simply a repackaged version of Think and Grow Rich, and anyone who has put that book into action knows that it works! In fact I think Hill's works, including Think and Grow Rich and particularly the Law of Success (over 1,000 pages) are far better than The Secret or any of the "new age" Law of Attraction books for someone seeking success.
      You have got that right, just noticed your post. The amount of time and knowledge that went into producing that is unprecedented!

      I must have listened to it over 100 times.

      It is changing my life.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360758].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FrankRumbauskas
        Originally Posted by Christian Fox View Post

        You have got that right, just noticed your post. The amount of time and knowledge that went into producing that is unprecedented!

        I must have listened to it over 100 times.

        It is changing my life.
        If you haven't read the Law of Success yet, RUN to your nearest bookstore and get it! Think and Grow Rich is basically the "lite" version of Law of Success
        Signature

        New York Times Best-Selling Author
        Certified Google Partner Company
        Fast Company's Top 30 Most Influential People Online

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360905].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Christian Fox
          Originally Posted by FrankRumbauskas View Post

          If you haven't read the Law of Success yet, RUN to your nearest bookstore and get it! Think and Grow Rich is basically the "lite" version of Law of Success
          I have not, but I surely will. If it's even better than think and grow rich, I can't wait.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[361253].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Briffa
    I believe in taking action!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angela99
    Originally Posted by bwturk View Post

    I have been studying the Law of Attraction for some time now, and it really does work. Basically, if your thoughts, feelings, and actions are all in allignment you can attract whatever you want.

    Does anyone else believe in this scientific law, and if so have you seen it work for you as well?
    You attract/ become whatever you place your interest and attention on.

    Since we're here at the WF, if we're interested enough, and pay attention enough, we'll become great internet marketers.

    RE LOA in general; I've just started a new blog on the topic.

    Re does it work for me -- yes, in everything.

    I'm just setting up some goals for 2009, so I'll be using visualization every day, with every expectation and certainty that I'll achieve them.

    Great topic. :-)

    Cheers

    Angela
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author milamber
    Yes i believe in it as i can see it in my everyday living.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndyCamden
    I use the law of attraction all the time. Seriously this stuff works. Its kind of weird, I had on my list to make a vision board today. If you don't know what a vision board is, go to youtube and type it in.

    I highly recommend watching The Secret as well. Great movie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christian Fox
    Yes, I have read much from Joe Vitale He wrote 'attractor factor' and many more. Mark Joyner is also a big believer. 'The Secret' is also founded in this.

    Think And Grow Rich mentions this specifically. I have been doing this for the last 4 months or so and it is happening.

    From the book;

    First. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire . . . .Second. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire . . . .
    Third. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
    Fourth. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
    Fifth. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
    Sixth. Read your statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. AS YOU READ, SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY.

    It's a public domain book and I recommend everyone read it ten times or more.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaryK
    I use The Law of Attration all the time. It works for me in every aspect of my life. I do find some things take a bit longer to manifest, depends on what it is, if others are involved etc. But I know The Law of Attration works, not a shadow of doubt about that. One thing to really enhance the Law of Attraction is to put real emotion and feelings into Affirmations. That increased the response and manifests desires even faster.
    Signature
    Mary K Gill Latest book: The Twelve Natural Laws of the Universe - achieve all your desires for less than the price of coffee and cake. P.S. It only fattens your mind, not your thighs.
    Mindset Power Site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360757].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Profit
    It is funny I had just made a post about the law of attraction on my blog today.

    While the law of attraction does work, the focus of "the secret" was far too material. They focused too much on the getting of things and not enough on the other important factors. If it worked as presented in the movie... then why are we standing at the edge of a huge recession? Why are we bailing out the auto makers and banks?

    Don't get me wrong... I am firm believer in the law of attraction. I even regularly use the "parking spot trick" mentioned in the movie to great success. The law of attraction will bring the things you desire. But just like our marketing tools... we have to use these universal laws the right way as tools.

    I have tried to explain to my clients for years that there is more to it than just the law of attraction. There are actually a few universal laws that must be used in harmony in order to attract the things we want.

    Used as presented in the movie, the law of attraction can be powerful. When used with the other universal laws it becomes dramatically more effective at bringing the abundance we seek.

    Anyone interested can check out my blog by clicking the "free psychic reading" link in my sig.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360849].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bwturk
      Hey Jason,

      Thank you for the information. I will check out your blog on the Law of Attraction.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mo Goulet
    Has anyone here seen the movie "What the bleep do I know"?

    The law of attraction is real and it works but is it your best choice?

    Gravity works but you are wise I hope to look before you leap.

    If mans thoughts shape his or her destiny, why are we instructed in God's word to think not on the things of the world. There is a greater truth behind "The Secret" most people will never latch on to.

    Trust me when I say that 99.9% of ALL Religion is deceptive and holds little truth. If Jesus were walking the Earth today he and his followers would be the most wealthy and powerful people on the planet.

    PS: That day is fast approaching.

    Follow my Blog at The Secret Master Key
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[360974].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian Fox
      Originally Posted by proapc View Post

      Has anyone here seen the movie "What the bleep do I know"?

      The law of attraction is real and it works but is it your best choice?

      Gravity works but you are wise I hope to look before you leap.

      If mans thoughts shape his or her destiny, why are we instructed in God's word to think not on the things of the world. There is a greater truth behind "The Secret" most people will never latch on to.

      Trust me when I say that 99.9% of ALL Religion is deceptive and holds little truth. If Jesus were walking the Earth today he and his followers would be the most wealthy and powerful people on the planet.

      PS: That day is fast approaching.

      Follow my Blog at The Secret Master Key
      I have seen it, I need to watch it again a few times to fully comprehend it.
      I agree with you on religion...
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[361263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rbjc7080
    Laws of Attraction...there is a lot to be said for having faith and belief in good over powering bad. I have found within my life the what you do for and how you treat others is the direction that your personal and/or financial life path will take. The more you help someone the more someone else will step in and help you when it is needed. The kinder you are to people the kinder they are to you or someone else. I feel that even though religion may have lain the foundation the erosion of the foundation has come from the choices that each and everyone of us make each end every day. There is destiny that is lain before us and there is destiny that makes a choice to reach out and help each other to overcome the struggles the world is facing and those choices may just lead you to the laws of success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[361186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HervinBalfour
    I truly believe in the Law of Attraction but there are many who feel as if they only have to image and that's it. Imaging with no action = no results.


    Think and Grow Rich clearly points out that even if you don't have a plan begin ACTING as if you do. Just start getting to work and the universe will respond with the perfect plan for success. I truly believe in The Law of Attraction without a shadow of doubt.
    Signature

    "StrugglingTo Get Your Business Off The Ground? Don't Give Up! In 90 Days I Will Show You How Easy It Is Turn Your Dream of Financial Freedom and Independence Into $100,000+ a year Business On The Internet....." *FREE* Training ===> http://www.AssassinateYourJob.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[363680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spressnell
    I've studied Michael Losier (Law of Attraction Book) in depth. Very practical information. I recently listened to an audio from him on abundance. He said to look around and see how much abundance there is around you at all time. Like the calendar has an abundance of numbers on it, the trees outside have an abundance of leaves (or limbs if you live in the north), etc. I thought that was an excellent practice--to remind you of how much abundance is around you constantly. And the more you are grateful for the abundance around you, the more you will receive.

    Shirley
    Signature

    Hidden Ways to Wealth--clear away the “gunk”
    about money using innovative energy tools
    http://bit.ly/11atk2


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[363691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author globalpro
    Trust me when I say that 99.9% of ALL Religion is deceptive and holds little truth.
    Can you be certain of this. The same could be said of LOA, since it is nothing more than a repackaged and more focused version of the 'New Age Religon'. Deepak was a big proponent of this at the time.

    If Jesus were walking the Earth today he and his followers would be the most wealthy and powerful people on the planet.
    You are right about this. They were in their time and would be today, but you would need to define what your concept of 'wealthy' and 'powerful' is.

    Thanks,

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[363709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ricky Martin
    I believe that it works. My own life is what I have used for the proof. When

    I have been positive it flows well, when I am negative it brings problems.

    Trying to stay positive and bring the good things back into my life.!!!!!!

    Signature

    " As we think......so we are"

    www.visionrlm.blogspot.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[364368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wendy Maki
    Originally Posted by bwturk View Post

    I have been studying the Law of Attraction for some time now, and it really does work. Basically, if your thoughts, feelings, and actions are all in allignment you can attract whatever you want.

    Does anyone else believe in this scientific law, and if so have you seen it work for you as well?
    The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to prefer calling it something like the Law of Manifestation or something like it, instead of the Law of Attraction, because the word "attraction" seems to cause way too much focus to be on passively acting like a magnet of some kind. "Manifestation" at least implies a more active role. I don't know that there's a perfect word for it.

    Whatever you call it, yes, I "know" it works -- although making it work consistently is an entirely different matter.

    And you hit on a key point when you say that "your thoughts, feelings, and actions are all in alignment." In my experience, it's not about "positive thinking" per se; it's more about how you are aligning yourself, the energy you are sending forth into the universe.
    Signature

    -- Find blues festivals around the world at the bluesmusicfestivals.com directory and jazz festivals at jazzmusicfests.com.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[364887].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Qbiz
      I most certainly believe in the law of attraction. We tend to attract what we persistently and continually think and envision. I firmly believe that if we were to collectively change our mindsets to focus on the benign and the good the world would be a beautiful more positive place.

      Regards

      George
      Signature



      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[364930].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author loa
    I too believe in law of attraction and it has changed my outlook towards life and is the only reason for me to think positive.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[370134].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goindeep
      Yes of course. And by the way(not trying to be a smart A**) But because its a law like gravity there is no option for belief or disbelief it is what it is....

      I have been a student of HBI and followed a spiritual journey for most of my life. I began learning about things like meditation, energy, frequency etc at a young age. Its very easy to explain and has science backing it 100%

      All things in the universe are made of energy. There are thousands of other dimensions which we can not see, hear, taste or touch because the realm we live in is a very slow dense form of energy, hence we can only naturally experience this dimension. And energy at its microscopic level has a frequency a resonance basically.

      All things with a similar frequency attract one another and repel opposite frequency. This is especially true for humans because of the amount of energy our minds can create.

      There is no concrete "proof" yet of how and why this happens only a sort of after effect for example;

      Russian research shows that the human DNA can be altered by thoughts, words and frequencies.

      Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle proved the impossibility of predicting the position and momentum of a particle. The mere act of observation changes both. There is a law of agreement that operates in the universe. Things are the way they are because we wish them to be so. Consciousness, the observer of quantum mechanics, plays a vital role in determining our realities.

      Japanese research shows that water molecules could be shape shifted basically by human thought alone. When love was projected that particles took on beautiful forms of geometric shape but when hate and anger where projected the water molecules basically began to rupture.

      Look into it yourself guys. The universe is a big playground.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[370216].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author James Clark
        Brian,

        The law of Attraction has it's own laws. They work like a magnet whether you believe it or not. It's part of the Belief System. The way it works for Internet Marketer's is like this.

        If you keep thinking about makes sales, opt-ins, traffic etc,and you are not making any money. Try reading a copy of Spiritual Marketing,by Joe Vitale,and call me in the morning.


        Jimmy.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[375356].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author markdsullivan
          i definitely utilize the law of attraction. It's not a matter of believing but, actually putting it into action in your life. Like Bob Proctor says, whether you believe it or don't believe it, it's there. I totally agree with him. It only makes sense for the Creator to allow us to have free will to gravitate towards what we individually enjoy. That's how I look at it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[377163].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SusanPreston
          Originally Posted by James Clark View Post

          Brian,

          The law of Attraction has it's own laws. They work like a magnet whether you believe it or not. It's part of the Belief System. The way it works for Internet Marketer's is like this.

          If you keep thinking about makes sales, opt-ins, traffic etc,and you are not making any money. Try reading a copy of Spiritual Marketing,by Joe Vitale,and call me in the morning.


          Jimmy.
          Jimmy,
          I couldn't agree with you more, Joe Vitale's "Spiritual Marketing" is awesome, I often use that to help keep me where I need to be! I just finished his "Attractor Factor" which actually has "Spiritual Marketing" in it.
          I just started his 30 day challenge. Great advise!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[377682].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Barry Goss
          The problem with the LOA is that a lot of people take it's basic truths out of context...especially when it comes to the idea of "responsibility."

          Here's a recent response I made on Joe Vitale's blog about this:

          = = = = = =

          Well, let's remove LOA from the responsibility equation for a second.

          When we do that, in this situation, we can just flat out KEEP IT REAL by saying that the only thing anybody who got involved with Bernie Madoff is responsible for is their own ineptitude in doing due diligence.

          Or, their penchant for engaging in "risky" wall-street investments.

          After tons of research and many interviews with manifestation mentors, Heather and I can say with conviction that one's own internal reality alone will not and does not "create" a Bernie Madoff situation.

          There is a huge collective outer-world reality that "creates" right alongside us, just like the big-picture "forest" works on levels that the individual "trees" (us) can not individually, but only collectively, affect.

          Or, to put it another way, in Part 2 of "Manifesting's Grand Conspiracy" ( ( Part 2 ) -- Manifesting's Grand Conspiracy | The Life Without Limits Community Blog ), we said the following:

          "In other words, your "seen" OUTSIDE world is directly tied to your personal "unseen" INSIDE world, and everybody you're directly tied to... and even indirectly tied to, when you're brave and open-minded enough to explore and SEE truth, regardless of what it may look like (more on that in a second).

          Believing that you can control, and are therefore responsible for, everything you see and experience is just as detrimental as believing that the more you inoculate yourself from (or purposely don't explore or understand) anything less than feel-good or uplifting stuff, the more spiritually-evolved you are."

          Back to the LOA... the people involved MAY HAVE indeed been focusing on lack, or scams, as Joe suggests. But maybe not. More likely SOME of them may have had thoughts of trepidation, while others were completely confident in their decision to take advantage of a financial opportunity.

          So did they ALL "attract" the situation? Did they all "create" the end result? Did they all "need" the lesson learned?

          It's highly unlikely that thousands of people would have the exact same "need", and we can't say they each created that situation for themselves just because they were part of the "collective" that experienced the same result.

          We also can't say that the "lower self" (physical side) did any attracting at all... when it's a big-picture lesson the "participants" may have needed to learn -- i.e., a lesson delivered by our "higher self" (spiritual side).

          My 2 cents.
          Signature
          The Life Improvement Companyâ„¢
          LWL Media
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[379760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vaughanjones
    I believe in the Law Of Attraction,most certainly, but not in isolation. I have read quite a bit on the subject and have learned that this is but one of the seven major laws of the universe.

    Whan practiced in conjunction with the other laws, life becomes much more powerful. I have watched The Secret many times. If you haven't yet, I suggest you do so ASAP. Also follow the writers and presenters of The Secret and learn a whole lot more about this.

    Sure, it works and always will.

    Kind regards to all and have a great 2009

    Vaughan One for All - All for One
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[375474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mikhail Jon
    I believe in the law of attraction as well. And it has worked quite well for me. Also, when you apply law of attraction in your life, you get in a better mood and it really gives you that positive energy that you can succeed in everything you do.

    After all, when you think you will fail or you will suck, chances you are...you will fail, because you toned your mind that way. But you think otherwise, and really see that your the victor at the end of that goal, you tone your brain in a better setting to reach it.

    It's simple human psychology. And at the end of the day, positivity is really awesome.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[376916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AskCash
    There may not be any scientific explanation at this point, but all I know is that it works for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[376959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ariefsyu
    I believe it as I always get attracted towards good things.

    I even believe in LOVE at first sight



    -Arief-
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[377119].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MaskedMarketer
    i believe in LOA -

    The Law Of Action -
    Signature

    "One Man's Ceiling is Another Man's Floor
    "


    "I Pay Less Attention to What Men Say. I Just Watch What They Do."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[377305].message }}

Trending Topics