I admit it. I am Prejudiced and most of the time I think I am am right

61 replies
I realized recently I have a STRONG bias toward non war room members. I know that might upset some people who have never become a war room member for various reasons and I am not discounting those reasons (especially if you cannot afford it).

However I tend to believe if you have been a member here for awhile and find the information here extremely useful if you really were making money and took your business seriously you would invest in being a war room member. This is NOT one of those become a war room member now threads. I am looking at my prejudices and evaluating them

SO my prejudice confessions are

ON THE FORUM SIDE

I tend to believe when someone starts talking about how they know this or that in relationship to internet marketing or they are making so much a month etc etc they are just blowing a lot of hot air when I see no war room membership. Perhaps they are not but I treat it as such until proven otherwise if they are not a war room member. Maybe this isn't entirely logical since someone who already knows it all might not see the need to signup to be a war room member (but then how many people really know it all?) and a purchase does not mean you are instantly qualified. Plus there are always viewpoints that you never consider.

ON THE CUSTOMER SIDE

I also admit that since I don't sell any super cheap services or products I find a tendency to take an inquiry from a war room member more seriously than I do a non war room member (I admit I have been surprised at times by a non war room member). Looking back I notice I will give a war room member much longer detailed answers to their questions while many non war room members - not so much. Sorry but I figure if the person won't sign up for a war room membership they either don't have the money or are not really serious about their business. More than my first prejudice I know this is just plain wrong in a few cases but you know what - too often it does save me time and it only rarely hurts my bottom line. I find a high amount of non war room members who contact me are tire kickers not buyers.


Now I am not really hard core prejudice. I know there are exceptions but right now I think its more accurate than not.

Has anyone not found that war room members make the better posters and customers? it may be they are more demanding for example.

I'm honestly open to looking at my assumptions because there are a few people here even senior members that have never taken the plunge and their many thanks seems to suggest against my prejudice.
#admit #prejudiced #time
  • Profile picture of the author Rough Outline
    Racist! Just kidding, I tend to immediately think as war room members as more trustworthy if I'm honest, simply because their status instantly tells you that they have spent money on here and aren't a free loader.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I don't believe joining the war room makes better posters.

    I think better marketers join the War Room because they are serious and invest in their business. Not surprising their posts would be more informative.

    kay
    Signature
    Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    I don't really see how having 3 little red words under your user title makes your posts any better than someone who does not.

    I planned on joining the war room but ultimately decided not to. I was under the impression that war room members could post WSO's for free, I did NOT know that you had to pay the 37 PLUS 20 per thread.

    I could just post classifieds all day and save my 37 dollars.

    Also, from what I hear the war room is just a bunch of e-books and stuff (correct me if I'm wrong here, obviously I can't verify this. That is just what I've heard from several people)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676649].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WebPen
      Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

      I don't really see how having 3 little red words under your user title makes your posts any better than someone who does not.
      SAYS THE NON WAR ROOM MEMBER!

      Actually, I do kind of agree. While I think that the War Room is one of the best investments you can make, I don't know if I agree that it's necessary.

      I'm sure there are plenty of 6-7 figure marketers with an account on the WF that don't use the War Room.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676678].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
        Originally Posted by Justin Stowe View Post

        SAYS THE NON WAR ROOM MEMBER!

        Actually, I do kind of agree. While I think that the War Room is one of the best investments you can make, I don't know if I agree that it's necessary.

        I'm sure there are plenty of 6-7 figure marketers with an account on the WF that don't use the War Room.
        I Thank God you're here Mike because your prejudice blinds you to opportunities you're missing all the time that I can take advantage of.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676714].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by Mullguy View Post

          I Thank God you're here Mike because your prejudice blinds you to opportunities you're missing all the time that I can take advantage of.
          This is a great example of the kind of post I am prejudiced against

          See? why should I even believe you have anything to offer. New here, few thanks , haven't showed you want to invest in the community and yet here you are claiming that you are taking advantage of me noticing WF membership.

          based on what? its a marketing board. everyone claims to be doing this or that but if you are here claiming to be taking advantages of all these great opportunities and yet can't shell out for a War room membership what does that say about your opportunities or your ability to maximize them?

          I submit in cases like your own its really a good indicator.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677342].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            This is a great example of the kind of post I am prejudiced against

            See? why should I even believe you have anything to offer. New here, few thanks , haven't showed you want to invest in the community and yet here you are claiming that you are taking advantage of me noticing WF membership.

            based on what? its a marketing board. everyone claims to be doing this or that but if you are here claiming to be taking advantages of all these great opportunities and yet can't shell out for a War room membership what does that say about your opportunities or your ability to maximize them?

            I submit in cases like your own its really a good indicator.
            Thanks Mike, I love you...I really do.

            But I could not give a flying Rats ars# what you Think.

            I don't have many posts & I have no weight or influence with the big shooters on this forum but I could buy & sell you several times over.

            That's the gist of your problem.

            You're too busy trying to score points as a member of a "War Room" to concentrate on making money.

            Peace & Love.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677527].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Mullguy View Post

              But I could not give a flying Rats ars# what you Think.
              Why is it that people don't realize when they write that standard comeback that if it were completely true they wouldn't even bother responding?

              I don't have many posts & I have no weight or influence with the big shooters on this forum but I could buy & sell you several times over.
              blustery statements are always made in complete honesty. Scouts honor. . anyway it seems I have another prejudice -when people say stuff like that I am pretty confident (despite their subsequent protests and affirmations) they are not making a dime.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4678441].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
                I'm not even sure how to respond to this because quite honestly, it's not
                something I've ever thought about.

                Ironically, if I look at all, and I do mean ALL the people here who I have
                become friends with, they're War Room members. Maybe it's just a coincidence.
                I don't know.

                I do know this. In a class society, like seems to flock to like. That's what the
                filthy rich have such a hard time relating to the guy who cleans toilets for a
                living. Those of us in the middle (I consider myself middle class) have an easier
                time with both ends of the spectrum.

                I have friends who are very rich and friends who are definitely lower middle
                class or even borderline poor.

                I get along fine with both.

                I just a man by the content of his character and not by how much money
                he has or how many stars he has next to his name in a forum.

                I don't always get it right.

                Truth is, there is good and bad everywhere, in every class. I'm sure that
                some very nice, knowledgeable and successful people here at this very forum
                are non War Room members.

                I'm also sure (from experience) that some of the War Room members here
                don't have a clue how to run a business OR be civil to another human being.

                For those of you reading this reply, what exactly are you supposed to get
                out of it? Quite honestly, I have no idea. Maybe the message is simple.

                Don't judge.

                Mike, you're entitled to your opinion and I will never even attempt to tell
                you you're wrong because it is just that...your opinion.

                I just don't happen to share your sentiments.

                But at least you DO realize that you're prejudiced.

                I guess that's a step in the right direction.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4678608].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                  Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

                  But at least you DO realize that you're prejudiced.

                  I guess that's a step in the right direction.

                  Well Steve you probably took that the wrong way. I really am not confessing to any kind of moral weakness. Being a male of some african descent I wouldn't let anyone equate the two. If you are trying to paint the "prejudice" on that level then you are flat out wrong and terrible misguided. anyone trying to do so would pretty much demonstrate they didn't have a clue .

                  the bit about class and wealth consciousness is also a bit out of line. The Op stated very specifically that I could completely understand if people could not afford to be a war room member. Its not about that at all. You don't have the corner on getting along with all regardless of economic strata.

                  Further I think a lot of people in this thread are being downright disingenuous. The sense that I used the word prejudice happens in business AS A PART of business everyday and I bet even with your denials you have it fully incorporated into your business.

                  lets take one example - way back a policy was instituted here that needed to be instituted about people asking for review copies in WSOs. Most people agreed as did I.

                  thing is theres an assumption in there that many sellers made and we can all deny it if we wish but people came to the conclusion that many people asking for review copies weren't just desperate -about to become homeless - trying to get any scrap of information to make money and feed their family - some were just free loaders.

                  Prejudice? I suppose. Assumption? Without a doubt. On the same level of immoral prejudice? - Nah. Of course not. Don't even try it. Good business does demographic studies all the time. We need a way of determining who our best customers are and we target them.

                  Do we say that others not in our target demographic are inferior people? OF course not. Do we make judgments about their ability, interest and taste based on some metrics that may in fact be wrong on an individual level? Yes we do. live with it.

                  So don't let the word "prejudice" get you in a spin. You all do it and I've been around long enough to see it and have no issue with it. People make assessments about who they do joint ventures with based on criteria that may or may not be factual on an individual level, you employ copywriters that make various assumptions about who the target market is and what they want (many of which assume Imers are a greedy don't want to work hard lot ), you run campaigns that involve promotions of yourself or your knowledge in the war room section because you know two things - the people in the war room have spent real money in their IM business and they have a paypal account.

                  So your step in the right direction might be to fess up and be honest as I have been. We make assumptions about people in business everyday(without implying lack of human worth) and we have to. Your business might require you to make different assumptions. In my case as a SEo I can spend a good chunk of time going back and forth in the process of evaluating and being hired to do a job. I have to make decisions about the time spent in that process based on some metrics that might not always be individually accurate but going through the entire process with just anyone would be devastating to my time and my family's income.

                  and yes If I get a PM from someone I cannot really determine has ever spent money on their business that has to be taken under consideration.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4682699].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
                    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                    Well Steve you probably took that the wrong way. I really am not confessing to any kind of moral weakness. Being a male of some african descent I wouldn't let anyone equate the two. If you are trying to paint the "prejudice" on that level then you are flat out wrong and terrible misguided. anyone trying to do so would pretty much demonstrate they didn't have a clue .

                    the bit about class and wealth consciousness is also a bit out of line. The Op stated very specifically that I could completely understand if people could not afford to be a war room member. Its not about that at all. You don't have the corner on getting along with all regardless of economic strata.

                    Further I think a lot of people in this thread are being downright disingenuous. The sense that I used the word prejudice happens in business AS A PART of business everyday and I bet even with your denials you have it fully incorporated into your business.

                    lets take one example - way back a policy was instituted here that needed to be instituted about people asking for review copies in WSOs. Most people agreed as did I.

                    thing is theres an assumption in there that many sellers made and we can all deny it if we wish but people came to the conclusion that many people asking for review copies weren't just desperate -about to become homeless - trying to get any scrap of information to make money and feed their family - some were just free loaders.

                    Prejudice? I suppose. Assumption? Without a doubt. On the same level of immoral prejudice? - Nah. Of course not. Don't even try it. Good business does demographic studies all the time. We need a way of determining who our best customers are and we target them.

                    Do we say that others not in our target demographic are inferior people? OF course not. Do we make judgments about their ability, interest and taste based on some metrics that may in fact be wrong on an individual level? Yes we do. live with it.

                    So don't let the word "prejudice" get you in a spin. You all do it and I've been around long enough to see it and have no issue with it. People make assessments about who they do joint ventures with based on criteria that may or may not be factual on an individual level, you employ copywriters that make various assumptions about who the target market is and what they want (many of which assume Imers are a greedy don't want to work hard lot ), you run campaigns that involve promotions of yourself or your knowledge in the war room section because you know two things - the people in the war room have spent real money in their IM business and they have a paypal account.

                    So your step in the right direction might be to fess up and be honest as I have been. We make assumptions about people in business everyday(without implying lack of human worth) and we have to. Your business might require you to make different assumptions. In my case as a SEo I can spend a good chunk of time going back and forth in the process of evaluating and being hired to do a job. I have to make decisions about the time spent in that process based on some metrics that might not always be individually accurate but going through the entire process with just anyone would be devastating to my time and my family's income.

                    and yes If I get a PM from someone I cannot really determine has ever spent money on their business that has to be taken under consideration.
                    I love the way you take ONE line and blow it TOTALLY out of proportion.

                    You yourself said in your OP that you are prejudiced towards members
                    here who are War Room members, that you look at them differently than
                    non War Room members. I was simply acknowledging this and commending
                    you that at least you recognize it.

                    A little defensive Mike, don't you think?
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4704600].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                      Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

                      I love the way you take ONE line and blow it TOTALLY out of proportion.

                      You yourself said in your OP that you are prejudiced towards members
                      here who are War Room members, that you look at them differently than
                      non War Room members. I was simply acknowledging this and commending
                      you that at least you recognize it.

                      A little defensive Mike, don't you think?
                      Oh come on Steve You took the word prejudice and then went into a whole bit about class and accepting people rich or poor.

                      Incidentally I LOVE how you claim that you wrote one line on class. I dunno..... I counted a few paragraphs.

                      you are taking it way out of proportion. There is no at least to recognizing it. We all make decisions based on criteria. Read the Op again I make no determination of human worth based on being rich or poor. I make business decisions based on qualifiers and I don't buy stories about how much people make or their expertise and success at IM when there is nothing to back it up. those are the two scenarios I cited and thats it.
                      Signature

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4705227].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
                        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                        Oh come on Steve You took the word prejudice and then went into a whole bit about class and accepting people rich or poor.

                        Incidentally I LOVE how you claim that you wrote one line on class. I dunno..... I counted a few paragraphs.

                        you are taking it way out of proportion. There is no at least to recognizing it. We all make decisions based on criteria. Read the Op again I make no determination of human worth based on being rich or poor. I make business decisions based on qualifiers and I don't buy stories about how much people make or their expertise and success at IM when there is nothing to back it up. those are the two scenarios I cited and thats it.
                        Okay, no point in continuing this any further.

                        Good day sir.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4707390].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Ryan David
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                Why is it that people don't realize when they write that standard comeback that if it were completely true they wouldn't even bother responding?

                blustery statements are always made in complete honesty. Scouts honor. . anyway it seems I have another prejudice -when people say stuff like that I am pretty confident (despite their subsequent protests and affirmations) they are not making a dime.
                You make a lot of assumptions.

                You can think whatever you'd like to think. But you probably don't understand that internet forums are not very important in the lives of a lot of people. Sure, it's interesting to read and comment, but some people have mentors outside of IM.

                I could easily make the assumption that people that have so many posts must be more interested in talking about IM than actually doing it.

                But I wouldn't make that assumption
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4678613].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                Why is it that people don't realize when they write that standard comeback that if it were completely true they wouldn't even bother responding?

                blustery statements are always made in complete honesty. Scouts honor. . anyway it seems I have another prejudice -when people say stuff like that I am pretty confident (despite their subsequent protests and affirmations) they are not making a dime.
                You're so right Mike, it's uncanny, I've never made a dime online! Just ask my accountant, it's what we tell the Revenue every year. You should start one of those Psychic premium rate phone lines, I think that's where your real talent may lie. Just think! no more bait postings so you can have a Sig Line trying to sell PR2 backlinks! Brilliant!

                As an advertisment for War Room membership your posts have proved to me to be the most defining reason why anyone shouldn't bother joining.

                I am a trained psychiatric nurse & you exhibit all the signs of this :- Dunning


                Please do not take this as medical advice, you should definetly consult a shrink, in your case you should DEFINETLY consult a shrink .(FTC rules apply, - read the disclaimers).


                It's honour,,, Honour with a ****i#ng u . O.K ? Honour with a U!!!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4684040].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author davejug1
                  There are good and bad points in every argument and while your crass attempt to disrespect someone based on their spelling is mis-placed at best, I can agree with some of what you say.

                  But you should be aware that there are many people I know earning high 6-figure income because they have mastered link building.

                  Whether or not Mike does is irrelevant because you can't prove it one way or the other, but suggesting that it is the marketing equivalent of a creche is just plain mis-informed.

                  Originally Posted by Mullguy View Post

                  You're so right Mike, it's uncanny, I've never made a dime online! Just ask my accountant, it's what we tell the Revenue every year. You should start one of those Psychic premium rate phone lines, I think that's where your real talent may lie. Just think! no more bait postings so you can have a Sig Line trying to sell PR2 backlinks! Brilliant!

                  As an advertisment for War Room membership your posts have proved to me to be the most defining reason why anyone shouldn't bother joining.

                  I am a trained psychiatric nurse & you exhibit all the signs of this :- Dunning


                  Please do not take this as medical advice, you should definetly consult a shrink, in your case you should DEFINETLY consult a shrink .(FTC rules apply, - read the disclaimers).


                  It's honour,,, Honour with a ****i#ng u . O.K ? Honour with a U!!!
                  Signature
                  FREE List Building help. Click here!

                  Yes I do have freebies!

                  Expertise comes not through knowledge or skills, but through practice
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4684481].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                  Originally Posted by Mullguy View Post

                  It's honour,,, Honour with a ****i#ng u . O.K ? Honour with a U!!!

                  ROFL

                  Honour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  (Read the first line of the first paragraph)

                  Honor - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

                  tell the accountant to put some cash away for an education - some words have different spellings in different cultures.:rolleyes:

                  Just think! no more bait postings so you can have a Sig Line trying to sell PR2 backlinks! Brilliant!
                  Theres another mike in this thread? One who sells PR2 links? Where?


                  Got to love the guy he's showing exactly why I hold my position.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4684663].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
                    Originally Posted by davejug1 View Post

                    There are good and bad points in every argument and while your crass attempt to disrespect someone based on their spelling is mis-placed at best, I can agree with some of what you say.

                    But you should be aware that there are many people I know earning high 6-figure income because they have mastered link building.

                    Whether or not Mike does is irrelevant because you can't prove it one way or the other, but suggesting that it is the marketing equivalent of a creche is just plain mis-informed.

                    Indeed, you are right, like most things there are good and bad points. When I first read this thread, my first impulse was definitely to agree, but as I think about it more, there may be circumstances where a person is not in the Internet Marketing niches and has very strict limitations on how he or she invests money for their business...

                    Still, however, it seems even in that case that they should support the forum that brings them so much, but that's a matter of my personal opinion, and I can respect it if people don't believe they have that kind of an obligation.


                    But a lot of people making 6-figure incomes from mastery of link-building? I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but to me it seems like a very small percentage of people?
                    Signature

                    The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

                    ...A tachyon enters a bar.

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4684873].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
                      [QUOTE=MikeTucker;4684873]Funny... A person can probably make a case that the decision to make this very post could be categorized under "dunning"?
                      Glad you took the time to look it up.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4686145].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author MattVit
                        Nice... Legitimate Internet Marketers are getting 'rolled' here (excuse the pun - you'll see shortly) by a guy who made the conscious decision to call his username "Mullguy", mull being another word for marijuana, you know, the illegal substance.

                        Sure, that's fine, brag about being a pothead, good for you.

                        But it raises eyebrows - at least my eyebrows - when a pothead claims to be wealthy. Wealthier than legitimate Internet Marketers here.

                        I have to ask - although I think I know the answer - what percent of your wealth comes from, you know, your favorite part-time business? :rolleyes:

                        P.S. don't try and pretend you're using the 'other' meaning of 'mull', especially after this unaltered quote from you:
                        Originally Posted by Mullguy

                        Peace & Love.
                        Signature

                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4692310].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
                          Originally Posted by MattVit View Post

                          Nice... Legitimate Internet Marketers are getting 'rolled' here (excuse the pun - you'll see shortly) by a guy who made the conscious decision to call his username "Mullguy", mull being another word for marijuana, you know, the illegal substance.

                          Sure, that's fine, brag about being a pothead, good for you.

                          But it raises eyebrows - at least my eyebrows - when a pothead claims to be wealthy. Wealthier than legitimate Internet Marketers here.

                          I have to ask - although I think I know the answer - what percent of your wealth comes from, you know, your favorite part-time business? :rolleyes:

                          P.S. don't try and pretend you're using the 'other' meaning of 'mull', especially after this unaltered quote from you:
                          Incredible! I never knew that. Thank You for the share. The "mull" comes from the place I live in Scotland. Back to your crack pipe Sherlock, I don't do drugs & never have. It's called dope for a reason... because it turns you into one (Ref :- Your post, above).
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4697503].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
                          Originally Posted by MattVit View Post

                          Nice... Legitimate Internet Marketers are getting 'rolled' here (excuse the pun - you'll see shortly) by a guy who made the conscious decision to call his username "Mullguy", mull being another word for marijuana, you know, the illegal substance.

                          Sure, that's fine, brag about being a pothead, good for you.

                          But it raises eyebrows - at least my eyebrows - when a pothead claims to be wealthy. Wealthier than legitimate Internet Marketers here.

                          I have to ask - although I think I know the answer - what percent of your wealth comes from, you know, your favorite part-time business? :rolleyes:

                          P.S. don't try and pretend you're using the 'other' meaning of 'mull', especially after this unaltered quote from you:
                          perhaps he is a distributor, higher up the food chain

                          i always thought mull was to think

                          but what do i know

                          i thought u spelt honour with a u
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4710425].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        The War Room is an option - but a requirement for running WSOs.

        There are cheaper classifieds and some do very well with those. But, right now, there are 401 people visiting the group of "classifed ad sections" and 5500 viewing WSOs.

        In the classified area, I think your ad stays visible on the first page longer as WSOs are scrolling down with lightning speed these days.

        kay
        Signature
        Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

        Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    ^^ LOL

    I'm serious though! The same thing the OP is saying about non-members could be just as true about war room members.

    I've seen PLENTY of war room members that just troll the forums. They don't contribute anything. They act like those little red letters give them the right to go around the forums, putting others down for no reason.

    So to sum it up, judge a man not by his words, OR by his post count, but by his actions.

    If I come on a thread and I give some advice, and someone chooses not to listen because I don't have a subscription to the war room then thats their choice.. They are just missing out on info from my first-hand experience. I don't try to give advice on topics I have no clue about. Anytime I am trying to help with something, I have experience in that area.

    You don't have to be a member of the war room to know what you are talking about. lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Yes I don't think War Room members make better posts.

    I think some marketers don't bother with forums that much.

    Too busy out there making money but I so also get your point. Maybe they would be newer as a whole or built up a lot of knowledge but I see what you are saying.

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
    I always like to get to know everyone before I start disliking them. That way I can be prejudiced about them for who they really are, deep down inside.


    There are some great posters and intelligent people who, for one reason or another, have not joined the War Room yet.


    On the other hand, when people complain about having to pay extra to post WSOs, banner ads, articles, whatever... That kind of makes me doubt them.


    If an additional $40 is too much to invest to promote your product on the WARRIOR FORUM then you must be broke... In which case your products probably won't make anyone any money, including you.


    Pay the $40 for the War Room. Pay the $60 for the articles and the picture in your signature. Pay the $40 to post your WSOs if you are in any IM niche.


    Seriously, a major part of having a business is INVESTING in it. And if you are trying to promote something in IM, it is very difficult to go wrong with the Warrior Forums... Very low risk, very high return... JUST DO IT.
    Signature

    The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

    ...A tachyon enters a bar.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan David
    It's not that difficult to join the War Room so I'm not sure why you'd place so much emphasis on it. I'm not a very active forum particpant, so it's something that's easy to put off. I'm sure there are good threads in there, but I don't operate in an IM (Info) product business. That's what the WF tends to be composed of.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dee Odus
    It's not true, I am not a war room member, actually I am not even a Warrior forum member until very recently. I have been doing internet marketing since 2005-6 and pretty much successful and satisfied. I don't even know what war room is about...it's like saying if you are not a VIP member of British Airways then you are not a millionaire, well I may be VIP member of other airline ;-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bill_Z
    That's strange, I don't think like that at all. Actually the people who I ignore on this board are all war room members I'm pretty sure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4676982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davejug1
    Interesting read and in many respects I agree with your point of view, I have been a member of a site where the upgrade was valuable and it was seen that if you wasn't part of it, you was really missing out on something.

    The issue was though that 5% of the members were providing 95% of the content and the remaining 95% were learning it. In this scenario, the members might have looked from the outside to be fine members but in reality, all they had done was to pay money and this does not make you an internet marketer in the slightest. As someone said above, words after your name does make make you an expert if the only way to get them is to buy them. For info, I didn't buy membership there either, I was made executive VIP due to content posted.

    And I do have experience of the warroom too, but in all honesty, for me it offered nothing.

    I do however recogise that your all-encompassing theory was meant as a generalization.

    Just a devils advocates point of view.

    Dave.
    Signature
    FREE List Building help. Click here!

    Yes I do have freebies!

    Expertise comes not through knowledge or skills, but through practice
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677027].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author affilcrazy
      Don't judge anyone by their post count.

      Don't judge anyone by their "thanks".

      Don't judge anyone by the length of their membership.

      Don't judge anyone by their War Room membership (or lack of).

      Don't judge anyone because of what someone else told you about them.



      Are these not "rules" that we should all abide by?

      However, I don't know whether it's human nature or a psychological trigger, but who honestly can say that they are not swayed in some way or another by these factors.

      Mike, I can see where you're coming from, but this is no different than believing someone is "instantly qualified" because (using examples from above):

      - They have over 10,000 posts - however, you discover that these are mainly one-liners, with no substance, that have been made over the last month.

      - They have 1,000s of thanks - however, you discover that these mainly came from a thread that revealed a non-white, but darker than grey, hat technique that involved scamming others.

      Etc., etc., you get the picture.

      For me, personally, I have only visited the War Room once this year - Yes, it is filled to the brim with great information, BUT, it is also one of the biggest distractions to my working day.

      I am not involved in the IM niche, I have never created a WSO, and am highly unlikely to - so where does that leave me?

      Am I any more credible for being a War Room member?

      OR

      Am I a complete **** (insert any four-letter word to your liking ) for not taking advantage of it?

      Cheers
      Partha
      Signature
      "There is no fixed teaching. All I can provide is an appropriate medicine for a particular ailment" - Bruce Lee, Tao of Jeet Kune Do (on Zen)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesGw
    I guess it depends on what the person in question is doing. You don't have to be a War Room member to be able to contribute.

    I, for example, am not interested in buying anything on WF, nor am I interested in becoming a War Room member at this point in time, but I do like answering questions and engaging in discussions. I might not make a good customer (since I don't want to be one), but I don't think it really matters. I'm not here to sell or buy anything; hell, I'm not even really looking for information.

    I do, however, agree that people who come to WF and feel entitled to free information and coaching should take a hike. That's always a little silly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by JamesGw View Post

      I guess it depends on what the person in question is doing. You don't have to be a War Room member to be able to contribute.
      James you are a great example of an exception. Frankly until you posted in this thread I didn't even realize you were not a WF member. Contrary to one poster here I often don't even notice so I am not over analyzing. In your case I have seen you in threads making intelligent posts and contributing and it would be no factor to me because it really is what you post that makes you in regard to a forum.

      I really only notice when the situation fits the OP. Someone is bragging about what they are or can do with really little to no rep or history of content and when someone is PMing me out of the blue.

      and yes I have to admit almost every time I get a post or a PM DEMANDING more free information or help based on my participation in the SEO forums it tends to be someone who has invested neither content nor dollars to the community.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MattVit
    I don't pay attention to stuff like this. It's a sign you're a little too involved. Take a step back, go run your business. "MYOB".
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    I understand how you feel, but I delayed a lot to understand the real value of the war room because internet marketing is not my field, and my html notions are quite poor.

    There are many warriors that don’t feel the necessity to join the War Room for many reasons. When I finally joined it I regretted having delayed so much to understand its power, but being a war room member doesn't give you a trophy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Newbieee
    you know what, im going off topic here.

    probably the owners of WF will hate me but anyways,

    you are not the only ones here that is bias.

    the moderators are also bias.

    though u are not promoting paid membership here but its in favor of that and so those mods are happy with it.

    i post a thread earlier today regarding internet marketing topic and people got into it seriously discussing and they took off my thread.

    and i couldnt find it on another section.

    they literally took it off.

    being bias is being human.

    thats what i learn here, and u just got to live with it.

    LOL.
    im telling that to myself too.
    Signature
    Pain is a perception, so is defeat & happiness!
    & what doesn't
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4677548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
    If the forums are not an important part of your life, that's fine, but don't expect to be taken very seriously in that case, either.

    The simple fact is that many otherwise great businesses fail because they have a poor image that does not convey their message clearly. And I'm sure we all know examples of companies that are successful because they look successful, and not because of their actual quality!

    Although the prejudice itself is wrong because it is not always accurate, the simple truth is that if you want your words and advice to be taken seriously in the Warrior Forums, and you are not a War Room member, most people are going to wonder why not? Are you broke? Do you lack so little conviction that you can't drop a few extra bucks to support the forum that does so much for you?

    Right or wrong, it is reality... People are going to judge. Seriously, if you are a professional, successful marketer, it seems silly that you cannot drop $40 on something like this.
    Signature

    The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

    ...A tachyon enters a bar.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4680930].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author darylhill
    Thanks for sharing....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4681152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
    Hey Mike,

    I definitely agree that war room members are better posters overall, but I believe that's because they actually have something to say

    Personally, I have a war room membership that I paid for a while back, but I honestly don't use it and have not used it yet. That may seem a little wasteful, but that's because other projects have caught hold of me and become a little bit more successful than I previously would have given them credit for.

    In turn, if I could have gone back, I would have waited to purchase a war room membership as I could have used the money more wisely.

    I also take payments online very seriously, so I don't think just because someone doesn't have a war room membership, they are less reliable or less serious. Maybe they just don't feel comfortable with buying things they may not need?

    Again, I know I am a war room member and by posting a semi-long response, I am somewhat proving your point

    But to be bluntly honest. I think everyone should have their opinions heard in some way or another. Just because someone spends money on everything, doesn't mean they are right. Maybe the non-war room members just like to save their money

    Anywho, interesting post. Great topic of debate.
    Signature

    My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4681227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Justin Lewis View Post

      But to be bluntly honest. I think everyone should have their opinions heard in some way or another. Just because someone spends money on everything, doesn't mean they are right. Maybe the non-war room members just like to save their money

      Anywho, interesting post. Great topic of debate.
      Aye justin, Completely agree. WF is successful because anyone can signup and post and of course they should be heard but I think like any society there are things people look at in their own personal evaluations (not limiting board privileges), Some of the people in this very thread complaining use post count, thanks (even though some people get thanks just for saying they are going to use the can) and board age and titles like "senior member".
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4682767].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Justin Says
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Aye justin, Completely agree. WF is successful because anyone can signup and post and of course they should be heard but I think like any society there are things people look at in their own personal evaluations (not limiting board privileges), Some of the people in this very thread complaining use post count, thanks (even though some people get thanks just for saying they are going to use the can) and board age and titles like "senior member".
        Right on dude Glad you agree.

        I personally don't use post count as leverage in any sense, especially since I tend to go overboard with my posts sometimes and don't really care much for short answers.

        I haven't been a member of the Warrior Forum for all that long, but in the past 2 years I have done very well for myself. I come to the Warrior Forum everyday actually and love reading what people have to say in response to my replies, but I really try to use my posts wisely. There are some people on the forum that have thousands of posts and they really can't be justified as professional/reliable information. Not to say that everyone with thousands of posts is that way, I definitely see a lot of amazing people in here.

        But in my experience, it's those that rarely talk, that really have something to say

        Keep up the good work and don't give up on your dreams dude.
        Signature

        My name is Justin Lewis, with Business Optimizer I've been in business for 6 years online with multiple six figure years, here are the tools that have helped me the most: Increase your reviews with this free Review Handout

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4684507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
    That is very true Justin, whether or not a person has upgraded to the War Room, they deserve the right to voice their opinions.


    However, it is not really about "spending" or "saving" money. If you are in marketing, you absolutely must invest. If you won't put your money behind your words, they just won't have the weight behind them that they could.


    There are some great posters on this site who are not War Room members. (As I first wrote this, I listed three examples to give them credit... then realized it might be putting them on the spot)


    Really and truly, in the real world, you have to invest in your business, and if you do not invest in credibility, people will not take you seriously.



    And again, there is the consideration that you undoubtedly find this forum useful, which is why you are here. In addition to investing in your business, you should really consider "giving back".
    Signature

    The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

    ...A tachyon enters a bar.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4683000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jimmynastic
    Thats the same spirit am having at this moment. I have not joined university and strongly feel that i shouldint join university and go the internet marketing way.
    I know this is crazy but an yet to come to a conclusion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4683708].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4685898].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
      "Gentlemen You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" Dr Strangelove - Stanley Kubrick.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4685989].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PatrickP
    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

    I realized recently I have a STRONG bias toward non war room members.
    I am not understanding.

    You say you have a strong bias TOWARDS non war room members. That means you prefer non war room members.

    But then later on you seem to be saying you prefer war room members.

    Which one is it please?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4697510].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
      Originally Posted by PatrickP View Post

      I am not understanding.

      You say you have a strong bias TOWARDS non war room members. That means you prefer non war room members.

      But then later on you seem to be saying you prefer war room members.

      Which one is it please?
      He hasn't worked that out yet.

      Take a look at this little nugget, "I also admit that since I don't sell any super cheap services" swiftly followed by his Sig Line to "PR2-4 on page links for $6 per year?? YES. Almost Gone Forever"

      You have to laugh, I know I did. But then I'm not a WarRoom member (Apparently, according to MattVit, I'm a pothead...ROLFLMAO...due to the fact my name contains the word "Mull").

      You may want to edit your own name Patrick, sounds a bit Irish.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4697781].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by Mullguy View Post

        He hasn't worked that out yet.

        Take a look at this little nugget, "I also admit that since I don't sell any super cheap services" swiftly followed by his Sig Line to "PR2-4 on page links for $6 per year?? YES. Almost Gone Forever".

        ROFL. Where is that in my sig in this thread? Sure I did a give away a few months back. So what? In my line I had a couple of extra PR domains I had access to not my main line. I don't sell any super cheap services on here. Giving away a few domains links for a ridiculous price doesn't change that fact. You couldn't afford what I offer (its more that a WF membership for sure)so don't worry about it. .

        Sorry but you are too way over the top for anyone to actually believe you have any training in the psychiatry profession as you claim.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4703034].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          ROFL. Where is that in my sig in this thread? Sure I did a give away a few months back. So what? In my line I had a couple of extra PR domains I had access to not my main line. I don't sell any super cheap services on here. Giving away a few domains links for a ridiculous price doesn't change that fact. You couldn't afford what I offer (its more that a WF membership for sure)so don't worry about it. .

          Sorry but you are too way over the top for anyone to actually believe you have any training in the psychiatry profession as you claim.
          Mike, it's below every one of your posts. How would I know about it if it wasn't there?
          Here's how it looks. In Big blue letters.

          Make SERIOUS $$$ - Learn how to run and build your own HIGH AUTHORITY Blog network for less than two payments of SENUKEX - ONLY five slots left. FULL TRAINING AND MULTIPLE AUTHORITY LINKS INCLUDED. PM TO BE APPROVED

          Here's where it connects to - PR2-4 on page links for $6 per year?? YES. Almost Gone Forever

          Yawn...Bored Now (Drumming fingers on desk)

          Spaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4703261].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          ROFL. You couldn't afford what I offer (its more that a WF membership for sure)so don't worry about it. .
          What you got to offer, try me.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4703324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SolveProblemsNow
    We all have our ways of judging people and events because we have to in order to survive.

    There is simply too much information in the world to evaluate every person/opportunity/thing completely on its own merits, so our brain generalizes things together into groups and uses these groups to draw conclusions fast enough to allow us to function in a practical manner.

    Some examples are of course: war room membership, # of posts, # of thanks, color of hair, etc.

    No one says that these have to make sense, be reasonable, or accurate. And yes they lead to prejudice, mistakes, and missed opportunities. Because people are using different generalizations, we have a disagreement here in this thread.

    There is no way to get around it. If we stopped to do a full evaluation of every piece of data we encounter during a day, we would be totally overwhelmed and cease to function.
    Signature

    Get unstuck, get rid of bad behaviors and habits, discover what is important to you in life and get motivated at www.breakthroughtotomorrow.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4698004].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
      Originally Posted by SolveProblemsNow View Post

      We all have our ways of judging people and events because we have to in order to survive.

      There is simply too much information in the world to evaluate every person/opportunity/thing completely on its own merits, so our brain generalizes things together into groups and uses these groups to draw conclusions fast enough to allow us to function in a practical manner.

      Some examples are of course: war room membership, # of posts, # of thanks, color of hair, etc.

      No one says that these have to make sense, be reasonable, or accurate. And yes they lead to prejudice, mistakes, and missed opportunities. Because people are using different generalizations, we have a disagreement here in this thread.

      There is no way to get around it. If we stopped to do a full evaluation of every piece of data we encounter during a day, we would be totally overwhelmed and cease to function.
      Nice Post buddy, intelligent & well though out.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4698246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
    OK Folks, I was having a good time with this conversation... But at this point I believe I am going to excuse myself.

    My last words here will be what I think most of us have established:

    1. Yes, prejudice against the credibility of non- War Room members exists, right or wrong
    2. No, it should certainly not be the only indicator of a person's credibility

    and my own personal opinion,

    3. Everyone should do it anyway... I mean, it's only $37...



    And with that, I take my leave.

    Best wishes of success for everyone.

    --Michael W. Tucker
    Signature

    The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

    ...A tachyon enters a bar.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4703382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

      2. No, it should certainly not be the only indicator of a person's credibility
      Totally agree. IF there are other indicators to look over then you go with that like I said with James because he has made intelligent posts but when there isn't anything to mull over then hey why should credibility be extended?

      Originally Posted by Mullguy View Post

      Here's where it connects to - PR2-4 on page links for $6 per year?? YES. Almost Gone Forever
      If you can read the sig states what I offer is only available by PM (weeds out the Non WF members without enough participation at WF to PM ). The link was inadvertent from my old sig and if you read that thread then you would see it is LONG closed. But hey if you want to continue to highlight my sig and what I do or do not offer why should I complain?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4705250].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mullguy
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        If you can read the sig states what I offer is only available by PM (weeds out the Non WF members without enough participation at WF to PM ). The link was inadvertent from my old sig and if you read that thread then you would see it is LONG closed. But hey if you want to continue to highlight my sig and what I do or do not offer why should I complain?
        Oh Dear...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4710215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debbiechamilton
    Well EXCUSE ME! I am what you would call a newbie or a non Warrior member. Just arrived, but I see there is a pecking order just like all worlds. Doesn't look like to me you are interested in your SEO business as much as you are who 's who. I think to generalize anyone in any category you Sir are missing all the diverse in life. Yes, I understand you do not want to waste your precious time answering any one question who is undeserving. Only problem, you could be missing the one GREAT person in your lifetime.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4705409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mkl3377
    Hehe so much fuss over a misspelled word.

    But you are both right. The word "honor" is spelled as is in the US and in Canada and British spelled with a "u".

    Me (being a stupid American and all) I can't handle the extra letter so I'd rather use the shorter version. Sounds better too. Just as it is spelled.
    Signature

    Michael Lee

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4740950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stopper
    Well i hope to get my membership as time goes by Am getting so used to this section it will hurt to say goodbye or to miss the peeps.
    Signature
    http://www.charlesmomo.com Are you interested in 200 to 400 visitors a day to your site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4743758].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Well I gave the other viewpoint a try for about a month and I must confess

      I was right

      By and large War room members DO tend to be more serious about their business. Most of the freebie seekers DO tend over the last month to be non war room members.

      To me now this is just common sense. You can verify with a war room member that they straight up front have both the means and desire to invest in their IM knowledge where with non war room members you can't verify anything.

      no judgement on character or human worth as a few people tried to twist it to mean. I myself did not sign up immediately but then again I didn't try to make claims for or build myself up either. Plus I certainly did not demand anything for free.

      Anyway its just like any company that requires a major credit card before rendering services or even trials or a company that targets only frequent fliers or Toyota owners etc etc. Standard and ethical business practice.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4932692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vanillablueskyy
    When i read the thread title, i thought this had something to do with racism lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4988949].message }}

Trending Topics