People oftentimes forget that Business should be FUN. : )
So much of what people write about online today lacks any sense of personal connection. I think most people are simply afraid to REALLY be themselves. So instead they try to act "professional" and all of their writing comes out boring and not very exciting. Who wants to read that?
So my Tip for today is to be yourself. Your readers will be attracted to your weird quirks because they make you human when you're flawed and you're real.
Making Money Online or any Business really is about the HUMAN connection. The only way to truly connect is by being completely you. Your emails, your videos, your articles, and every piece of content you put out there on the net should be branded with your personality.
Way too many people online are presenting some watered-down version of themselves. Afraid to be their quirky natural self. But that’s what people really want… the HUMAN connection.
Here's some crazy things you can do to Make Money Online that nobody has ever told you before straight from me personally. Enjoy:
- Watch what everybody else is doing and do the opposite. It's kinda what some people mean when they say to do your own thing! It will definitely make you stand out if nothing else.
- Take a little notepad with you everywhere you go... I mean everywhere. You never know when a good idea will strike you and there is nothing worse than getting home and not remembering. Most of my good ideas came to me while I was not in front of my computer.
- I find it funny that a lot of people who want to make money online delete their emails daily or have email accounts they never read. Maybe I'm weird, but I read and respond to all my personal emails. I find it even stranger that some people don't answer the phone either?? Ever call somebody and they call you back in 30 seconds? Yea, they are screaning calls. If you're going for the personal connection... then why wouldn't you reply to emails? Why wouldn't you just pick up the phone and say hi?
- The biggest growth of your business is going to be when you step outside of your comfort zone. Everyone has a fear of something... it might be a fear of talking on the phone or a fear of talking face to face or even a fear of telling a friend about a great product, but whatever your fear is, when you learn to face it, your business will increase. I have a fear of heights, so once I get over that, I'm sure I can start making some ladder sales : ))
- Be happy! You wanted to work from home right?, so show it! People can feel your happiness when to are talking to them. People like hanging out with other happy people. You can almost tell when people are smiling on the other end of the phone.
- Stop Learning! What, nobody ever told you that before right? Just Do it! You will learn more in a day when you make mistakes. You can spends years learning everything there is to know and you will still blow it! You don't make money learning (I know, my daughter is in college), you make money doing it! Talking to people, responding to emails, make videos, write articles from your heart. I personally know some people who have not made a dime yet online because they are still learning and setting things up first.
- Get some sleep! What? Nobody ever told you that I bet either. Yea... you can't be successful in one day. You don't have to pull an all-nighter to work on your blog. You're going to be more productive when you get enough sleep and you're going to be healthier too.
- Get Dressed! Some people think they can work all day in their PJ's and yea, it sounds cool to me too, but people who get up and take a shower and groom themselves and get dressed are more productive. Some people say they dress for success and it's true. Try it!
- Guard your emotions! People generally don't want to hear drama. They here enough sad stories about life on TV and Facebook. I generally do not even talk about myself, I ask questions about them because just about everyone likes to talk about themselves : ) I just relate to their stories... oh yea, that happened to me once too.
- Don't pick your nose... oh, guess that one doesn't matter if you're on the phone right? But yea, pay attention to the person on the other end. You don't know how many times I've heard people flush the toilet, wash dishes, slam the washer door shut while I was on the other end of the phone. Makes me wonder if they left me on the table and let me talk or if I was actually with them through that whole experience?? hmmm
- Stand up while you're on the phone. For some reason I come across much louder and clearer while I'm standing plus I think I'm way more exciting to talk too. Try it sometime.
- When I was a kid, I thought my parents knew everything. Now that I'm an adult, why do I hear "I don't have an answer for you" now? What they are really saying is: "it's time for you to start making some your own decisions."
- Being yourself is the key to your business and your life for that matter. I'm not a beliver in the "Fake it till you Make it" theory, this is me, this is where I'm heading and if there is anything I can do to help along the way, I'm here. Be Honest!
- My dog is the coolest dog in the world... way cuter than any other dog on earth and right on the top of my "most loved" list! His name is Aragorn, named after the king in "Lord of the Rings" and he constantly reminds me of the real meaning of unconditional love. What that has to do with Making Money Online... I don't know??
- Did I say Have Fun? If I did, it was supposed to be saved till last : ) If you're not having fun making money online with your own business, then my question is: Why are you doing this? Go Have Fun doing something you like and enjoy!!