% that take no action

12 replies
What do you think is the percentage of people that buy information products/WSO that take no action with them and why do you think that is?
Mark
#action
  • Profile picture of the author JoeUK
    Going by the 80/20 principle I'd say 80% of people don't take any solid action with the remaining 20% making a success of what they have learned.
    Signature
    Popular MoRoN.com - Because Everything Popular Is Wrong...

    Uplifd.com - Positive News, Uplifting Views & Inspirational Tidbits!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808564].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author naruq
      I would say it is closer to 90% of the people who take no action.
      Signature

      Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christine2011
      Originally Posted by JoeUK View Post

      Going by the 80/20 principle I'd say 80% of people don't take any solid action with the remaining 20% making a success of what they have learned.
      Yes, I am with you dude

      And sometimes, maybe 5-10% of the 20% taking action won't go through the end as well. However, like being said, they already have some learning along the process.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4817969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Rayment
    So for every 10 products sold 1-2 at the most will actually carry it through. Why do you think that is?
    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Jackson
    Then they blame the product creators saying the product is a scam well something has got to change.

    Can't blame the creator all the time just saying
    Signature
    Controversial Free Report Reveals - Cutting Edged Strategy That Made $1,448 In 28 Days From A Tiny List Of 188 Subscribers. - Click Here For More Info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4809019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobBritt
    I think most people take some action, but don't get instant results and then they give up. As Isaiah they then blame the product's creator, and sometimes they (or we) are partially to blame. Is the sales page totally honest? do the results seem too easy? I don't know. Just thoughts running through my head.

    If you are totally honest with copy, people may not buy.
    Headlines
    "Great results from only 60 days of really dedicated work"
    "With tenacity you will succeed with this product ... eventually"

    Seriously some people expect it to be easy, and nothing comes from nothing...
    Signature

    For High Quality Affordable Articles Click Here --> Rob Writes

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4809644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skyjoe76
    I think it'll be like 20% of the people will take action.

    And another 10% will give up after a month. Effectively only 10% really follow through.
    Signature
    Interview With Three Multi-Millionaires Click here

    Client uses this planning tool to create additional income Click here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4812630].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abundantlife
      Sometime ago I was going though one of Tony Robbins programs on tape. When I got to one of the last lessons he said,"Pat yourself on the back, you are one of the only 10% who ever get this far".

      The interesting part is that this was a program that cost something like $400!
      Signature
      David Tampien
      Top Ten Reasons to Use Aloe Vera Every Day

      Prov. 22:1 A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4815036].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author happykate
      Originally Posted by skyjoe76 View Post

      I think it'll be like 20% of the people will take action.

      And another 10% will give up after a month. Effectively only 10% really follow through.

      I agree with this. I think people give up too easily - they fall for the hype of sales pages and when they realise they do actually have to do some work, and the results aren't instant, the shine is gone and they put it off to do tomorrow. Then the day after. Delayed gratification is something which needs to be practised to be appreciated but has a big impact on future results.
      Signature

      Kate Irwin

      I'm hosting a free webinar on 19th October - creating changes easily and confidently. If you have ever felt stuck or overwhelmed, this is for you! Register at http://www.improvedconfidence.com/th...eating-change/ to attend or get a recording.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4819129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisKahler
    There are a lot of factors that come together regarding this topic.

    You must consider previous conditioning of the people buying the product... and I'm talking psychological and psycho-physiologic.

    Generally speaking people are subconsciously trained to act the way they do by outward forces and if the creator of a product can't get through the shell or barrier that's surrounding their deeply embedded perception then the person will not be motivated to ACT on the information.

    Selling a product is not enough, and that's a major downfault of the current IM market system. Most product creators are just looking to make money rather than to genuinely help people solve problems.

    If they were genuine in their approach to help people solve problems then they would make the actual product as motivating as the sales letter to actually persuade people to act.

    But it seems that as soon as you get your hands on a product (for the most part) the quality of perception control and positive influence dwindles substantially.

    Anyone can throw together information, package it up, and sell it as a course... but how well are they really TEACHING? Putting together information is not TRULY teaching someone, but rather dumping a bunch on information.

    If more internet marketers could apply an understanding of psychology, physiology (more specifically the branch psychophysiology which deals with habitual processes, learning, and memory), a true desire to help their audience, and finally a greater understanding OF their audience, then maybe the quality of TEACHING would increase, and thus the rate of ACTION taken by students would too.

    If someone puts up the money to invest in themselves and fails to act there is something out of balance. It's not entirely the fault of the person who bought the product, though calling the creator a scammer may be off the mark.

    Rather than the creator being a scammer I'd call them an ill prepared teacher.

    In my opinion the information is only about 50% the importance of teaching. The other 50% is the ability to motivate self learning and to put it to action. If you just dump a bunch of info you're not doing much for your customers... are you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4815358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelmartin
    thanks for sharing...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4818033].message }}
  • I have to agree that about 10% will take action!!
    Signature

    Michael Harrington
    Make Money Easily Today with Facebook!! Click Here for 90% Instant Commissions

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4819665].message }}

Trending Topics