You Have To Be A Little Touched In The Head To Succeed. True or False?

17 replies
Do you believe you have to be little crazy, off your rocker or a little touched in the head to succeed? Or do you believe you can follow the pack, take normal paths or follow established channels and still succeed?

Personally I lean toward the first choice.

What's you're experience, thoughts, opinions or argument.
#false #head #succeed #touched #true
  • Profile picture of the author acooking9
    I bet it is different for everyone. I tend to think you are correct. But I am pretty sure Brian Tracy has made a living teaching people to see what other people are doing that is successful and just do what they did.

    Yet if you are talking about just the internet, with its constant changing technology maybe you are absolutely correct, or maybe you are just nuts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4830051].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by acooking9 View Post

      Yet if you are talking about just the internet, with its constant changing technology maybe you are absolutely correct, or maybe you are just nuts.
      Thanks, "I'll take that" ... as a compliment.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4830064].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheEye
        The statistics are that 97% of people do not take enough action to succeed.

        Therefore if you follow the pack, by definition you will not take enough action to succeed.

        You have to have the courage to not follow the pack over the cliff.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4830156].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Pat T
          There was a saying once I heard Zig Ziglar say at a Motivational Seminar.

          "You have to be willing to do today what others won't do, to have tomorrow what others won't have"

          I tell my niece always to follow her dreams and don't let the "dream stealers" take them away because they will always have, what they have always had.

          So if following your own path is being touched or crazy then yes maybe.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4830249].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
          Originally Posted by TheEye View Post

          The statistics are that 97% of people do not take enough action to succeed.

          Therefore if you follow the pack, by definition you will not take enough action to succeed.

          You have to have the courage to not follow the pack over the cliff.
          97% .. . .. source?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4831487].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author parislaw
            I guess it all depends on how you define crazy and how you define success.

            I define success as the progressive realization of a worthy ideal (from Earl Nightingale). Some people define success as monetary or tangible wealth.
            I think each person's worthy ideal is slightly different.

            Do we have to be a little crazy (different from what everyone else is and does) to be successful? I would say yes. We have to be comfortable being uncomfortable.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4831576].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Seven3
            Originally Posted by Michael55555 View Post

            97% .. . .. source?
            I don't have a source for the 97% but I am a huge believer in the 80/20 rule (aka the Pareto Principle).

            google Pareto Principe - I can't post links yet.

            80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes
            Although when it comes to IM I think it is probably closer to a 95/5 rule due to the extremely low barriers to entry.

            If by touched in the head you mean gifted, then yes I think it definitely helps, although determination and hard work can get you there as well.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4831750].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author abundantlife
              While we tend to think that everyone would want to be their own boss or have their own business, statistics don't back that up. First, there are something like 6-8% or maybe even less, of the searches at the SEs is for things like work at home, home business etc.

              Next, in my own experience, very few of the people I ever encounter express any kind of interest in doing something other than what they are doing. I don't know if it's just for security sake that so few are willing to step out and risk whatever it takes to be free from the bondage of being an employee or just fear of an unknown that produces skeptics . Of course entrepreneurs need someone to buy their wares or ideas. Maybe that's the plan, a few queen bees (but only one to a hive, I know) and many worker bees.

              So I guess I'd have to go along with your premise because those few of use who are willing must be somehow different (call it touched in the head) than the many who are not.
              Signature
              David Tampien
              Top Ten Reasons to Use Aloe Vera Every Day

              Prov. 22:1 A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4832854].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Jeff Williams
                I believe it really depends on what you consider success to be. If it simply means to make money, replace your income, and quit your day job, then anybody can do it provided they work hard enough and follow what is proven to work.

                For those who consider success to be changing or impacting the world in someway, then, yes, you do need to be a little "touched in the head" as you say. The second you step out of the "norm" to pursue "your own way" is the very moment people step up to tell you it cannot be done.

                I remember a few years back hearing Tony Robbins talk about all the truly wealthy and successful people he had studied and interviewed. He called them "unreasonable". They weren't satisfied setting "normal" goals. They wanted to do more. And they did. They set the trends. They moved the mountains. Anyone in my opinion who isn't "unreasonable" is settling for far less than they could be.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4836081].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author vampire3x
                Originally Posted by abundantlife View Post

                While we tend to think that everyone would want to be their own boss or have their own business, statistics don't back that up. First, there are something like 6-8% or maybe even less, of the searches at the SEs is for things like work at home, home business etc.

                Next, in my own experience, very few of the people I ever encounter express any kind of interest in doing something other than what they are doing. I don't know if it's just for security sake that so few are willing to step out and risk whatever it takes to be free from the bondage of being an employee or just fear of an unknown that produces skeptics . Of course entrepreneurs need someone to buy their wares or ideas. Maybe that's the plan, a few queen bees (but only one to a hive, I know) and many worker bees.

                So I guess I'd have to go along with your premise because those few of use who are willing must be somehow different (call it touched in the head) than the many who are not.
                agree with you bro,
                like added
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4840329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ShivaLingam
    yes and no...
    no, because you're not really touched in the head...
    but yes, because to most of the people who want the security of a job, etc they may think so about you...
    the trick is just let THEM think that and don't think it yourself
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4831480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author go4wealth
    Originally Posted by The Niche Man View Post

    Do you believe you have to be little crazy, off your rocker or a little touched in the head to succeed? Or do you believe you can follow the pack, take normal paths or follow established channels and still succeed?

    Personally I lean toward the first choice.

    What's you're experience, thoughts, opinions or argument.
    :rolleyes:Maybe the ones who follow the pack are a little crazy and off there rocker- touched in the head and everyone else are the truly sane???????
    Signature

    Get Unlimited Voice, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data/Web on a blazing fast 4g Network for $49/month ... all iPhones supported ... (option to get unlimited everything for Free also available) Click here to learn more

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4836112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by go4wealth View Post

      :rolleyes:Maybe the ones who follow the pack are a little crazy and off there rocker- touched in the head and everyone else are the truly sane???????
      I couldn't have said it better myself, I just which I did. Good Thought!
      Pack followers are dangerous to your wealth.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4838821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
    Originally Posted by The Niche Man View Post

    Do you believe you have to be little crazy, off your rocker or a little touched in the head to succeed?
    Well if that's the case, I'm going to be very successful.
    Signature
    "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4839167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoreJjZ
    I would say that ingredients relating to the question you asked as topic for this thread is that the first of all knowing what is YOUR definition of success. And then knowing that each unique person has their own unique success and yes you might feel a little crazy being so unique and having your own path and your own true destiny and following it rather than hiding in the mainstream consensus reality pretending to be alive.
    Signature

    Love, Light, Laughter, Ease
    http://TogetherWithDivineLove.com

    check out the awesome magical FAE artwork when you first arrive at my site

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4839797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Internet Lawyer
    Banned
    I wouldn't call it 'touched in the head,' but being quirky can definitely help. Remember, something that is a success comparably transcends platitude and to transcend the ordinary you have to have a unique aspect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4839981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Technology
    Banned
    Having that "certain something" as people often say is that little edge that separates one form the pack.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4840210].message }}

Trending Topics