I just wanted to share a something with everyone to help them get ready for 2012. I use many goal setting tools to help me stay motivated, but one tool that I find most useful is a 'Personal Vision Statement'.
Personal Vision Statement Basics
Before setting a goal, you need to identify exactly what is you want to acheive, why you want to acheive it, resources you need to acheive it, the strategies you will create to acheive it and finally, when you want to acheive it.
A Personal Vision Statement helps you to plan your goal and define a framework to acheive it. The key point of writing a Personal Vision Statement is that you have something to refer to throughout the goal journey, to keep you on track and motivated. Should you decide to change it at a later date, you can. It doesn't have to be set in stone!
You can do this for anything you desire to acheive, be it starting a new fitness regime, education, business, training; the list is endless.
If you want to create a Personal Vision Statement for yourself, follow the guide below as an example of how to create one. Amend as you wish!
Personal Vision Statement Framework
1. Identify your goal - (What is it you want to acheive?)
2. The Why's - Write down why you want to acheive this goal (How will it make a difference in your life? - Be specific, write at least 2 short paragraphs)
3. Resources - (Think about what you will to acheive this particular goal. How much money do you need, if so, how will you obtain that money? Do you require help from family, friends, co-workers, business associates - if so, make a list of those people and how you would contact them. Write down all methods of contact for your resources, this is vital for the next step 5!)
4. Set a realistic deadline - (This is important in acheiving your goal and gives you a solid time frame to work to. Set yourself the personal challenge to acheive it by such a date. Consider room for any changes that may occur along the way)
5. Collate your gathered information - Put together a tailored framework to acheive your goal. Add all the information you noted in the previous steps to create your framework. Remember to add dates, people to contact, finance requirements, places to travel, time constraints and other relevant information required to succeed.
Tip: Consider writing affirmations or motivational quotes to keep you inspired and remind you why you set the goal and the glorious acheivement you will receive when you complete it.
I wish you all much luck in 2012 and hope you acheive the greatness you desire next year!
TO YOUR SUCCESS!!