Key to Success: Never Give Up!

by GGpaul
43 replies


Enjoy.
#give #key #success
  • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
    I was like the bottom guy in my first 2 weeks of doing IM. Only not as close.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5565223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhuff85
    Exactly - you will fail and fail some more. Once you learn how to fail, you will become more successful. Believe that!
    Signature
    Want to speed up your writing and save time?
    This book will show you how:
    --> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5565272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buckeyes09
    I only know one direction: forward.
    Signature

    Christian

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5567682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nickhumph
    What a great pic, I'm going to use this in my blog!

    cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5567711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thetrusted1
    True! Words of Wisdom indeed!!!

    For me?,.........back in the day, when I first hit the ground runnin' in this great Internet Marketing game....back in 2001-2002,.......I was All IN!

    There was no freakin' stoppin' me!,....I mean, I was like a freakin IM sponge!......learnin this, applying that, testing this, teaching that,....jumped into MLM/Network Mktg heavy and solid for 3-5 years straight, then Affiliate Mktg, and Ebooks, bot craploads of domains for budding niches, cheated SEO, blackhat, whitehat, greyhat...You name it!....and jumped from company to company .....

    .....with my 'supportive' girlfriend (now 'unsupportive' wife) at the time.
    (Poor thing!,...I dragged her to one too many of those rah-rah motivational mlm company conventions).....wow.....

    So years later, and nothing but a $18.15/month maximum commission check (after paying most of the profit to pay for all the sales and adverting/mktg materials)..... and alotta burned travel money and savings and time......

    ...Threats of divorce and losing my now 2 kids,....done bitch-slapped me in the face not once,....not Twice,.......But Three freakin times!!!!.....

    I was preached by my "mentor/sponsors" at the time,....to "Never Give Up!"....(even if I had no more money to pay the freakin' electric bills!....Never Give Up!.....even if I started dippin into our Savings acct,...Never Give Up!.....

    Duuuude!........ I didn't. Wait, lemme take that back,.....I agreed to stop "network marketing,..or whatever marketing",...(as she called it)...about 4-5 years ago.....

    But that "bug"......that Dang IM "bug",.... done bit and slipped it's poison in me way too many times...... I've always kept my passion,...and always believed that it is most definitely possible to have that "Internet Lifestyle"..........To have that Financial Freedom..... and not have to be a job-slave.....

    So here I am,... back in the game,...... older...yes,...wiser,...lol,...yes......

    I Never Quit.........

    I was beginning to realize that once you have a true Passion for something,.....no matter what,.....even if you "quit",...just to keep the peace,..or to make someone else happy,..........It never dies......

    And you can't keep it,...that fire,.....that faithful destiny,...from coming back,.....and coming back in full force!

    GGpaul,.....thanks for starting and sharing this thread, Bro! I appreciate ya!

    In the words of Regina Brett, who wrote a timeless article entitled, "45 Lessons Life Taught Me"......at age 90,......this was one of the 45:

    "20.) When it comes to going after what you Love in Life, Don't take no for an answer."

    Follow your Passion, and Find Your Power Fellas!......
    It's the ONLY way to Live!

    Sincerely Yours in Our/Your Destined Success,
    thetrusted1
    Signature

    *Got BALLZ?!? Take the Challenge! Go Kick Some Azz! ==> http://budurl.com/thekickazzblog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5568017].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
      Originally Posted by thetrusted1 View Post

      True! Words of Wisdom indeed!!!

      For me?,.........back in the day, when I first hit the ground runnin' in this great Internet Marketing game....back in 2001-2002,.......I was All IN!

      There was no freakin' stoppin' me!,....I mean, I was like a freakin IM sponge!......learnin this, applying that, testing this, teaching that,....jumped into MLM/Network Mktg heavy and solid for 3-5 years straight, then Affiliate Mktg, and Ebooks, bot craploads of domains for budding niches, cheated SEO, blackhat, whitehat, greyhat...You name it!....and jumped from company to company .....

      .....with my 'supportive' girlfriend (now 'unsupportive' wife) at the time.
      (Poor thing!,...I dragged her to one too many of those rah-rah motivational mlm company conventions).....wow.....

      So years later, and nothing but a $18.15/month maximum commission check (after paying most of the profit to pay for all the sales and adverting/mktg materials)..... and alotta burned travel money and savings and time......

      ...Threats of divorce and losing my now 2 kids,....done bitch-slapped me in the face not once,....not Twice,.......But Three freakin times!!!!.....

      I was preached by my "mentor/sponsors" at the time,....to "Never Give Up!"....(even if I had no more money to pay the freakin' electric bills!....Never Give Up!.....even if I started dippin into our Savings acct,...Never Give Up!.....

      Duuuude!........ I didn't. Wait, lemme take that back,.....I agreed to stop "network marketing,..or whatever marketing",...(as she called it)...about 4-5 years ago.....

      But that "bug"......that Dang IM "bug",.... done bit and slipped it's poison in me way too many times...... I've always kept my passion,...and always believed that it is most definitely possible to have that "Internet Lifestyle"..........To have that Financial Freedom..... and not have to be a job-slave.....

      So here I am,... back in the game,...... older...yes,...wiser,...lol,...yes......

      I Never Quit.........

      I was beginning to realize that once you have a true Passion for something,.....no matter what,.....even if you "quit",...just to keep the peace,..or to make someone else happy,..........It never dies......

      And you can't keep it,...that fire,.....that faithful destiny,...from coming back,.....and coming back in full force!

      GGpaul,.....thanks for starting and sharing this thread, Bro! I appreciate ya!

      In the words of Regina Brett, who wrote a timeless article entitled, "45 Lessons Life Taught Me"......at age 90,......this was one of the 45:

      "20.) When it comes to going after what you Love in Life, Don't take no for an answer."

      Follow your Passion, and Find Your Power Fellas!......
      It's the ONLY way to Live!

      Sincerely Yours in Our/Your Destined Success,
      thetrusted1

      Great story man! And no problem. I wish you the very best!!!

      My best friend his name is (luke aiono you can look him up), has been playing the guitar for 7 years. He was kicked out by his grandma and his family members because no one believed in him. They all thought of him as just any other musician trying to be big. I was that fortunate friend that accepted him and to live with my family and I until he was stable.

      This guy would play the guitar literally 8 hours a day. Watching YouTube videos, and just taking notes. When I would go to school he would play the guitar. When I came back, he would still play the guitar.

      After years of dedication, and at 21 years old, he became the guitarist for a hip hop artist named nas, and various musicians out there. He now pulls in 5k a week through multiple gigs (now at age 24).

      He told me to just believe in yourself, don't think about the $$ and just shoot far. Be consistent, ignore the haters and just DO YOU. The $$ will come in the end.
      Signature

      RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5568547].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nickhumph
        Originally Posted by GGpaul View Post

        Great story man! And no problem. I wish you the very best!!!

        My best friend his name is (luke aiono you can look him up), has been playing the guitar for 7 years. He was kicked out by his grandma and his family members because know one believed in him. They all thought of him as just any other musician trying to be big. I was that fortunate friend that accepted him and to live with my family and I until he was stable.

        This guy would play the guitar literally 8 hours a day. Watching YouTube videos, and just taking notes. When I would go to school he would play the guitar. When I came back, he would still play the guitar.

        After years of dedication, and at 21 years old, he became the guitarist for a hip hop artist named nas, and various musicians out there. He now pulls in 5k a week through multiple gigs (now at age 24).

        He told me to just believe in yourself, don't think about the $$ and just shoot far. Be consistent, ignore the haters and just DO YOU. The $$ will come in the end.
        That is a great story, and it remains constant with every successful person out there!!

        It's so easy to believe the doubters, that you're not good enough...

        Dream. Believe. Work Hard. Persist. The four keys to greatness!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5568844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    I think that graphic was posted a week or so ago.

    I think it over simplifies things.

    Maybe it should demonstrate... taking action, never giving up, and changing to a more strategic plan when necessary and the data dictates that one likely should.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5568029].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
      Originally Posted by Michael55555 View Post

      I think that graphic was posted a week or so ago.

      I think it over simplifies things.

      Maybe it should demonstrate... taking action, never giving up, and changing to a more strategic plan when necessary and the data dictates that one likely should.
      Thank you. I'm all for taking action. But it must be the right action. Every so often people need to take a look at exactly what they're doing and determine if there might be a better way. Or, maybe they've gotten into a business they aren't suited for.

      Or maybe they're working on something they're passionate about but going about it all wrong. The saying 'practice makes perfect' is only half accurate. Perfect practice makes perfect because if you're doing something wrong and keep doing it wrong you ain't going nowhere regardless of how persistent you may be.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5580249].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rhea Fallon
    Really enjoyable and inspiring pic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5568038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rhea Fallon
    Just now I read something- sir Edison said "I have not failed a lot of times,in fact I found the ways which do not persue results.so I am more close to success now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5568071].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5568222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AaronMorton
    The idea of giving up can be easily manipulated by motivational speakers because we have this cognitive bias that if we have invested time in something we are less likely to give up. The fact is with anything there has to be an ecology with the rest of your life. If you have some guy saying never give up invest in yourself buy my course; if you can't afford the bills and a family threatening to leave, that is one goal you want to step away from..at least for a bit.
    In the book 'Adapt' it goes into saying that one of the biggest problems with business owners and managers is blindly following a goal even though the warning signs are glaring that the plan is on its ass. Success comes from a series of trial and error where you adapt to a situation..sometimes that means taking a step back for a bit.
    A goal aint so great when you had to get ill health, a failed marriage and no friends to achieve it.
    Finally have a read of this article I found a nice alternative view to the 'never give up' theory -When to give up on your goals - Its at Harvard business review online. I cant link it here because I need to do more posts first!
    Aaron Morton
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5568998].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
      Originally Posted by AaronMorton View Post

      The idea of giving up can be easily manipulated by motivational speakers because we have this cognitive bias that if we have invested time in something we are less likely to give up. The fact is with anything there has to be an ecology with the rest of your life. If you have some guy saying never give up invest in yourself buy my course; if you can't afford the bills and a family threatening to leave, that is one goal you want to step away from..at least for a bit.
      In the book 'Adapt' it goes into saying that one of the biggest problems with business owners and managers is blindly following a goal even though the warning signs are glaring that the plan is on its ass. Success comes from a series of trial and error where you adapt to a situation..sometimes that means taking a step back for a bit.
      A goal aint so great when you had to get ill health, a failed marriage and no friends to achieve it.
      Finally have a read of this article I found a nice alternative view to the 'never give up' theory -When to give up on your goals - Its at Harvard business review online. I cant link it here because I need to do more posts first!
      Aaron Morton
      Well I think that comes into the form of "insanity." Doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results.

      It's all about having a proper plan and execution. I think success is determined differently by each person.

      All I know is that I'm happier running my own business, rather than doing a 9-5. That's just me.
      Signature

      RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nPromote
    Absolutely correct. when you are set out to live a life of your dreams then quitting should not be an option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569256].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsoptimization
    True! But if the "Win" never comes?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569370].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
      Originally Posted by gsoptimization View Post

      True! But if the "Win" never comes?
      There's no point of doubt. Forget the what IF's. Don't look back and JUST DO IT.

      Nike says it simple as is!
      Signature

      RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dee4d
    I like this. It's true, that simple picture speak a thousand words.
    Signature
    Stay Healthy all your Life, and Avoid Lifesty Diseases Later in Life. Enjoy life to the fullest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569399].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jetmir
    Yeah, that's a great picture. I see it all over WarriorForum.

    That's what newbies do each and every day, unfortunately.
    Signature

    ATTENTION: Do you wanna make up to 100$ a DAY with 20 minutes of super-easy work?

    It's never been easier. Send me a Private Message for details.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569530].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
      Originally Posted by Ghurabaa View Post

      Yeah, that's a great picture. I see it all over WarriorForum.

      That's what newbies do each and every day, unfortunately.
      Yeah and only to make it to where they want to be with the positive mindset.
      Signature

      RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danlew
    When I was about to fail in my internet marketing career, my friend convinced me by these three words. He was right then, I should "NEVER GIVE UP". I've motivated myself to become successful, and finally I had it! No matter how many times we fall, we should "NEVER GIVE UP"!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author werpetalpushers
    Thanks so much for sharing!! I think the key is to ALWAYS move forward. You don't have to take big steps, but no matter what just KEEP moving, eventually you will get to where it is you want to go!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lovebeingdaddy
    Never Give Up...I like thetrusted1's story. That's awesome it's something you believe in and that's great! It's okay to adapt to your goals but never give up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thetrusted1
    Tru Dat, GGpaul!

    The story about your friend, the aspiring young guitarist (and now successful musician), and how you were the one friend that was kind and thoughtful enough to take in and nurture........ Powerful, Man!

    Very Inspirational!

    And the "unseen" power behind that simple act, GGpaul,....is that you are directly enacting and activating those awesome Natural Laws of Attraction, Abundance, and Exponential Reciprocity!

    Call it what you will,.....But whatever you put out, and Give,..(whether it be "good" or "bad"....You get back in return,.....multiple-fold!

    Karma,....Law of Attraction,.....Law of Reciprocity,....Whatever you wanna smack the label on it,........ It just is,.....and when you learn and think and know how to harness this bad boy,....... It's freakin' Amazing what happens next,.....and next,.....and next,....and next.....!

    Keep on doing what you're doing, GGpaul.

    The Best is yet to come.......

    Lessons,......Respect.

    -thetrusted1
    Signature

    *Got BALLZ?!? Take the Challenge! Go Kick Some Azz! ==> http://budurl.com/thekickazzblog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ewan1998
    Banned
    The most important thing to remember but its the thing that every newbie to I.M forgets, and never thinks they're going to get their goal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shack0812
    Still you have to keep in mind that not digging anywhere will get you to a diamond mine. Sometimes the direction you are digging is to the center of the earth, so maybe you have to consider the "Never give up" thing.
    Signature
    Relative Graphics | Web Design Services for Marketers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5572019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author waywrite
    Thanks GGPaul. This image is etched into my mind now. I have had the thought for a long time without the image. Four years and counting but, just now making money in fits and starts. I keep plugging along. The best part is I have discovered the parts I love and how to outsource most of the not so loveable parts. Hopefully we are all on our last pick and shovel struggles. Love your backwards stories, lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5572900].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5574787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daverio
    Sometimes I'm about to give up but when I read some good shares of experiences here which they failed many times but still didn't give up, I'm having courage to continue..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5576444].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GGpaul
      Originally Posted by Daverio View Post

      Sometimes I'm about to give up but when I read some good shares of experiences here which they failed many times but still didn't give up, I'm having courage to continue..
      You definitely want to keep going! You want to make sure you have a strong support group. And if you don't, then you have us .
      Signature

      RIP Dad Oct 14 1954 - Mar 14 2015.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5579827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnnyHartie
    Thanks for the advise everyone i found learning from my mistakes very beneficial...if something doesnt work dont do it.

    i found a strategy that works and i stick to that at first but im always learning new things .
    i have that state of mind i want to learn.....a lot of people are like i no everything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5581059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaibeal
    Always believe that YOU CAN, never ever give up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5631174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hireava
    It is indeed one key to success. Never ever give up even though we're encountering a lot of rejects and failures. It only make us strong and gives us the will to improve for the better.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5632411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author testfest
    haha, i like the upper guy, seems very very motivated haha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5633069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pestcontrol101
    It may really seem hard to bring to mind that there are certain things that may hamper us to attaining something but such circumstance are normally part of our struggle and we need to face and overcome it. Quitting in the middle of the ride must never be an option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5633184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CoralN
    GGpaul, Thanks for sharing that inspiring message - He was so close too :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5635325].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ChiefinTX
      A goal aint so great when you had to get ill health, a failed marriage and no friends to achieve it.
      I would say that the "goal" wasn't "achieved" in the case above.

      But, Aaron, I agree with your point; on your way to success, you need to be keen to when you need to adapt.

      In the mining illustration, if the guy was swinging a broom at the rock instead of a pick, he would need to 'adapt!'

      I like the quote from Roy H. Williams-

      "...make peace with the possibility of failure, then begin to climb your impossible mountain purely for the thrill of the climb. Don't worry about whether you ever reach the summit.... Learn to celebrate each struggling step forward always remembering "I never been this high before."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5635547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GT
    Great graphic posted by the OP (GGpaul)! I don't really know if there were times that I fit into the bottom image, but I am quite sure their must have been because it is human nature to quit, and I HAVE quit things on occasion! lol

    I have also experienced the benefits of sticking with it and pushing through to success that turned out to be closer than I thought it was!

    GT
    Signature

    * You Can Begin Earning Affiliate Income Here – Direct Commissions and Residual Income!
    * Home Business Resources and Affiliate Opportunities
    * Visit This Library to Expand Your Knowledge – Blog Post
    * Reinventing Your Life - Make the Rest of Your Life the BEST of Your Life!
    * Follow Me On Twitter ===> MyPowerSite <===| gtbulmer | StarrBizzcom

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5635413].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christinejones
    Banned
    As long as you are alive anything is possible. The key to succes is perseverance, persistance and determination.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6087721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Spoffen
    Thanks for that. I'm seeing a lot of posts on this site about how the Law of Attraction does not work. I think giving up too soon is one of the reasons people don't see any success. I've personally had plenty of success with it by setting small, believable goals and sending positive energy to these goals until they manifest. It usually takes months for anything to actually happen and I can see how it would be easy to give up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097505].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MFrigger
      Great pic, reminds me of myself a few years ago. Fortunately that has now changed!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097680].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Froyo
    Nice! Posts like these once in awhile gives a necessary boost to those who are still struggling. Sometimes I print them out and place them on my desk to provide ongoing motivation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cnagaraj
    Sad but True
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098254].message }}

Trending Topics