Create your own story

18 replies
I just wanted to talk about the aspect of inspiring stories.

It's always easy and inspiring to hear about others' stories on success. It seems like successful people all have a story to tell. And more often than not, they work really hard for it and work against the odds. A lot of them go through depression, thoughts of suicide or basically just wanting to give up.

But they didn't. And the rewards came.

Of course by reading or hearing about them makes you feel inspired and motivated. The problem is, many just take them as stories.

So what's next?

I say, create your own story. Follow your dream, your passion, your heart, do something you love, take a major risk and simply GO FOR IT. Don't give up and fight what you really want.

Then one day you can easily tell your own story to others to inspire them.

This is my story so far: I quit my job last year to follow a dream, which is to be an established writer in my own terms. With that, I created a blog. I have been reading up on internet marketing for a long while and I decided to take action. No, I have not started earning big bucks. Infact, now is a pretty tough time as I am just sustaining myself on a part-time income.

But I am not giving up because I believe life is too short to keep slogging away at a mindless job which doesn't make me happy.

What's your story?
#create #story
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    That is so true. Create yourself, and dictate who you are. Do not let others create and dictate who you are.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5659473].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SanjeevM
      Absolutely. The whole point of inspirational stories is to get you moving in the direction of your dreams and go through the inevitable struggles along the way.

      Eventually, you will experience the satisfaction of having lead a great life, one that is useful to others and to yourself.

      Thanks!
      Sanjeev
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660221].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasonChoi
      Originally Posted by Michael55555 View Post

      That is so true. Create yourself, and dictate who you are. Do not let others create and dictate who you are.
      This reminded me of this article:

      Top five regrets of the dying

      1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
      2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
      3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
      4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
      5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
      Signature
      ================================================== ================
      >>>14 Top Entrepreneur Experts Show You How To Own Your Financial Lifestyle <<<
      ================================================== ================
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5667863].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author megaquests
        Originally Posted by JasonChoi View Post

        This reminded me of this article:

        Top five regrets of the dying

        1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
        2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
        3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
        4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
        5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
        seen this before but can't really see it too many times.. thanks for sharing
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5697910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ericbest
    totally agreed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660224].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aldentan
    It would be great to tell others of your success for sure!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheWicker
    I think your story is a great inspiration to us all. I also have a similiar experiance. So keep up the good work...
    I think if you want to create your own story the first thing you have to do is to start making your own decisions.
    Signature
    Directory Submission Xtreme | Submit To 10.000 Directories - CRAZY DISCOUNTS!
    World's best directory submission. Yes, we understand the boldness of this statement, but try us and see why we have the nerves to write this outrageous claim.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5667551].message }}
  • I agree with your ideal
    Signature

    Hire SEO full time virtual assistant - $130/month - 100% Unique content and human readable - GUARANTEED Ranking

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5678210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lifesofree
    Thanks aldentan. I have a lot of respect for what you do (quitting your job to pursue something bigger) and I wish you all the best. Guess you're going to create a great story yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5678766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RHert
    Stories are inspiring because they touch something deep inside of you, a longing to be that brave, encouragement to continue on, etc.
    The truth is there are few willing to go through all of the hardship that creates those stories, and the few who do struggle sometimes for years before they make it. They struggle because that is where you learn and how you grow. No one who stays in their comfort zone will succeed. To create waves, you have to get in the water.
    Signature
    Copywriting at it's Best! - Tips and tricks to connect with your reader.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5678940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nic Oliver
    It's great to right your own story.

    It's also important to remember that you are NOT your story. The past is gone, you can be whoever you want to be. Don't be shackled by apparent constraints from the past... they are self-limiting beliefs and you can always change them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5679337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrelk159
    wow I never thought of that, I think it will make all aspects of your life a lot more fun
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5697274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lincolndesigns
    I completely agree with you! I constantly look forward to the day that I've accomplished everything that I want and make that post telling the story of my journey!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10411158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Priki
    Nice story mate!

    I am 98% agree with you and you know why? - Because, I think that life is not shorter, life is eternal and you like a spirit can be here or in US or Europe in the same time. You are the Light!

    Here is my story... My whole life I was searching for 3 answers: Who am I? What I am doing here? Where I will go after this? I walk on this path for 28 years until last year. I finally discover that if I want to be happy and walk the path to the success is that I have exit of this material system. System that makes you attached to something that you actually never feel it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412138].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author art72
      Originally Posted by Priki View Post

      Nice story mate!

      I am 98% agree with you and you know why? - Because, I think that life is not shorter, life is eternal and you like a spirit can be here or in US or Europe in the same time. You are the Light!

      Here is my story... My whole life I was searching for 3 answers: Who am I? What I am doing here? Where I will go after this? I walk on this path for 28 years until last year. I finally discover that if I want to be happy and walk the path to the success is that I have exit of this material system. System that makes you attached to something that you actually never feel it!
      A word of caution to you... Be it better, be it best; "You seek the balance between the two realms."

      For 2 years, after losing my business, my home, and over $750,000 in material possessions and assets... I experienced bouts of being homeless with my wife and 3 children.

      In that journey, "certain things were revealed to me through what many refer to as an awakening."

      During a 2 year period that began from a position of loss and unmerited sufferings... I was suicidal when that awakening took place.

      The experiences, events, and meditational practices I personally explored ran extremely deep. So deep, I too 'DID NOT' want to leave the comforts of 'communing' with the age old wisdoms, in my new found escape.

      However, we 'in the flesh' are required to adapt, evolve, or die. Our survival, daily neccessities at the core of being alive require us to stand accountable, responsible, and true to both ourselves and respectively; others.

      In the now, unless you plan to 'live off grid' and hunt, build, and survive 'outside' the societal norms (*which is an option) - you (like I) must accept to fulfill our purpose here to move to the next, we must appreciate that our survival (and to some degree; dependencies upon others) is unavoidable, and to attempt to disconnect from the materialistic aspects of life, can and almost certainly will render us useless to both ourselves, and others.

      Respectively, I walk in the 'balance' of two realms... The reality, the now, a very mesmorizing and at times 'dark' world built on greed, materialism, and 'willful ignorance!"

      Yet, I too visit with 'elders of a gentle race' and prefer to remain in the tranquil seduction of meditation, and spiritual flight.

      However, after nearly a decade has passed, and the 'translations and my interpretations' draw newfound focus upon the age old wisdoms I am beginning to appreciate that until I choose to allow money & material possessions to 'flow abundantly' again in my life, as they once had prior... I am NOT rendering a service to mankind, and thus, my disconnect was more a 'self-induced' punishment of sort... For in conducting a thorough 'introspection' of yourself, can often be a painful, humiliating, and eye-watering... mind-expansive experience.

      If you loose the material connection, you defeat the understanding, knowledge, and wisdom the 'spirit of your being' is trying to teach you... Which is to serve others well!!!

      If you refute money, do yourself a favor...

      Look deeper into the equation, and relentlessy seek the solution - for in doing so, both material abundance and your true purpose resides, for we are resolute.

      Godspeed...

      Art
      Signature
      Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412305].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ron Lafuddy
        Originally Posted by art72 View Post

        If you loose the material connection, you defeat the understanding, knowledge, and wisdom the 'spirit of your being' is trying to teach you... Which is to serve others well!!!
        Well said.

        Seems you've paid a price to get to this point, Art. Me too. A thousand kicks in the head.

        It's not fun, but it is necessary.

        I know there are more kicks coming. I had one yesterday, going thru
        some things that I'd packed away. I found a note addressed to me
        written some years ago.

        A true kick in the head.

        And, it hurt! But, I needed the message. To learn from it.

        I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn. I know that pain is necessary
        to insure change.

        Somewhere along the path,

        Ron
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412528].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Priki
        Originally Posted by art72 View Post

        A word of caution to you... Be it better, be it best; "You seek the balance between the two realms."

        For 2 years, after losing my business, my home, and over $750,000 in material possessions and assets... I experienced bouts of being homeless with my wife and 3 children.

        In that journey, "certain things were revealed to me through what many refer to as an awakening."

        During a 2 year period that began from a position of loss and unmerited sufferings... I was suicidal when that awakening took place.

        The experiences, events, and meditational practices I personally explored ran extremely deep. So deep, I too 'DID NOT' want to leave the comforts of 'communing' with the age old wisdoms, in my new found escape.

        However, we 'in the flesh' are required to adapt, evolve, or die. Our survival, daily neccessities at the core of being alive require us to stand accountable, responsible, and true to both ourselves and respectively; others.

        In the now, unless you plan to 'live off grid' and hunt, build, and survive 'outside' the societal norms (*which is an option) - you (like I) must accept to fulfill our purpose here to move to the next, we must appreciate that our survival (and to some degree; dependencies upon others) is unavoidable, and to attempt to disconnect from the materialistic aspects of life, can and almost certainly will render us useless to both ourselves, and others.

        Respectively, I walk in the 'balance' of two realms... The reality, the now, a very mesmorizing and at times 'dark' world built on greed, materialism, and 'willful ignorance!"

        Yet, I too visit with 'elders of a gentle race' and prefer to remain in the tranquil seduction of meditation, and spiritual flight.

        However, after nearly a decade has passed, and the 'translations and my interpretations' draw newfound focus upon the age old wisdoms I am beginning to appreciate that until I choose to allow money & material possessions to 'flow abundantly' again in my life, as they once had prior... I am NOT rendering a service to mankind, and thus, my disconnect was more a 'self-induced' punishment of sort... For in conducting a thorough 'introspection' of yourself, can often be a painful, humiliating, and eye-watering... mind-expansive experience.

        If you loose the material connection, you defeat the understanding, knowledge, and wisdom the 'spirit of your being' is trying to teach you... Which is to serve others well!!!

        If you refute money, do yourself a favor...

        Look deeper into the equation, and relentlessy seek the solution - for in doing so, both material abundance and your true purpose resides, for we are resolute.

        Godspeed...

        Art
        Well I must admit that you have a great experience and are you definitely make a connection between two realms, so I am sure that you will understand me in my next few sentences...

        You mentioned in your post, that we die... Are we actually die? Also, I mentioned that I finally know the answer of 3 question that every person should ask why is still in this mortal body:

        Who am I? Why I came here? Where I will go after this?

        1. Who am I? - I am eternal spirit (the Light) who temporarily lives in this mortal body.
        2. Why I came here? - To find my purpose i.e. to mature my soul.
        3. Where I will go after this? - I will go to live where the body, soul and spirit will be One, a place where time and space don't exist anymore.

        P.S. We are all able to defeat the Death and stop the process of reincarnation.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10420059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Phillips
    I created a "story" under the hypnotic spell of the Cosmic Master while being subjected under his inductions and within a year later it materialized exactly as I envisaged.

    Bottom line is, create your own story and imagine having a protagonistic role. Might take time to manifest but our nous is limitless and can be done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10412438].message }}

Trending Topics