Will Smith Is Inspirational

28 replies

The guy's a genius. He has so many amazing quotes.

"I don't know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived."

"I've never viewed myself as particularly talented, where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic."

"I'm not afraid to die on a treadmill. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me. But if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: you're getting off first, or I'm going to die."

Ridiculous, sickening work ethic. That's important.
#inspirational #smith
  • Profile picture of the author wieserd
    Banned
    This is very inspirational! Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5693617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Harvey M
    No worries!
    Signature
    There's no need for a Plan B because it distracts from Plan A.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5693629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ElliotBerg
    I have immense respect for this guy. I have gone through his thoughts in the past and I feel that he can be a great motivational speaker ... Apart from that since he is a perfectionist and extremely talented, it makes far more appealing.
    Signature
    The gratification of wealth is not found
    in mere possession or in lavish expenditure
    but in its wise application
    Miguel de Cervantes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5693751].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey M
      Originally Posted by peerless2acme View Post

      I have immense respect for this guy. I have gone through his thoughts in the past and I feel that he can be a great motivational speaker ... Apart from that since he is a perfectionist and extremely talented, it makes far more appealing.
      He would make an absolute killing as a motivational speaker. I would spend all my money just to listen to him for a couple of hours.
      Signature
      There's no need for a Plan B because it distracts from Plan A.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5698560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JonathanL
    I've seen this before and it is very powerful stuff. It adds a whole new dimension to the way I perceive Will Smith as an actor and as a personal motivating force for people. I wish celebrities were more inclined to inspire the masses like this instead of wasting their time in the spotlight showing the public how drunk, strung out, shallow, egotistical, etc. that they can be. You can tell Will Smith has a real passion to get this message out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5698900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonN
    Good stuff. I've always been a big of fan of Will. Seem's like he's matured quite a bit the past 10 years. Definitely a gifted actor and thinker.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5699832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeremiah L
    This man is excellent. I remember times and times again, when I felt low, this man gave me strengh to start it over again.
    Now I have to say that without those vids, I won't be able to stand as I stand
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5699906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icegin
    Will Smith is not only a great actor -- he's a fantastic role model. Thanks for the post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Meozyn
    Best quote - There is no need for a plan B because it distracts from plan A
    Signature

    Awesome Web Design and Graphics, Tailored to your needs. http://merkurio.co.uk

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5708828].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey M
      Originally Posted by Meozyn View Post

      Best quote - There is no need for a plan B because it distracts from plan A
      Yes, yes, yes, yes! I live my life by this.
      Signature
      There's no need for a Plan B because it distracts from Plan A.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5715459].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tam Chancellor
      Originally Posted by Meozyn View Post

      Best quote - There is no need for a plan B because it distracts from plan A
      Love that quote! I used to use it as my WF signature.
      Signature

      "Talking ain't doing." --Zoe Washburne

      "What you do speaks so loud I cannot hear what you say." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5715882].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eko Ventures
      Originally Posted by Meozyn View Post

      Best quote - There is no need for a plan B because it distracts from plan A
      Couldn't agree more!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5715902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buckeyes09
    According to Wikipedia, he got into MIT. Not too shabby.
    Signature

    Christian

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5708960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nickhumph
      Originally Posted by buckeyes09 View Post

      According to Wikipedia, he got into MIT. Not too shabby.
      Who cares if he got into MIT.. good grades are not going to make you money and happiness
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5716248].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author buckeyes09
        Originally Posted by nickhumph View Post

        Who cares if he got into MIT.. good grades are not going to make you money and happiness
        That spoke only toward his intellect.

        Anyhow, doesn't it seem like forever since he's been in a movie?
        Signature

        Christian

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5716413].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nickhumph
          Originally Posted by buckeyes09 View Post

          That spoke only toward his intellect.

          Anyhow, doesn't it seem like forever since he's been in a movie?
          Yeah, I think Pursuit of Happyness was the best movie he was in, such a inspiring and powerful movie!!

          Suprises me that he still hasn't won a Golden Globe or Academy Award with that amazing work ethic!! Maybe everyone's still got the 'Fresh Prince' picture in their heads still
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5723531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    He really has grabbed life by the horns and subdued it. I find Elon Musk, Richard Branson, and Jeff Bezos to be inspirational as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5710446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Ashari
    I always seemed to like the movies that Will Smith starred in. I'm not one to follow an actor/actress but I do with him.

    That was before watching the video in the OP... I can see why I was attracted to his movies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5710493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jubril58
    One of my favorite videos of all time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5716130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AppsFromHome
    I love this video....it's great!

    I will watch it multiple times a week if I need to...and share it with a lot of friends.

    It can be applied to anything....IM, relationships, other careers, and life in general.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5716269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simon25i
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5717959].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey M
      Originally Posted by nickhumph View Post

      Hey Harvey,

      Random question, but I keep seeing your profile picture of you doing.. a football interview?

      is that you?
      The guy in my DP is Leonel Marshall, a professional volleyballer with an incredible 50 inch vertical jump.

      Signature
      There's no need for a Plan B because it distracts from Plan A.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5718671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dee4d
    Yes he is, and he brings it out in a funny way. A light touch to bringing out serious things. When you listen to him, you will get to understand what drives him, he has a lot of passion in what he does. I believe in acquiring knowledge and skills to succeed.
    Signature
    Stay Healthy all your Life, and Avoid Lifesty Diseases Later in Life. Enjoy life to the fullest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5718776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aemilia
    revitalised...Will is the best
    Signature
    Coming soon
    The only limitation in life is your lack of determination and imagination
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5718937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Natalie Hill
    Harvey thanks so much for posting this Will Smith YouTube video.

    I had seen it a couple of years ago and then lost track of it and I had been wanting to find it again.

    Will Smith is one of the most inspiring people I’ve ever seen.

    One of the things I do every morning is five to ten minutes of watching something inspirational and I am making a collection of short inspirational YouTube videos. So happy to add this one to my list.

    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5720592].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey M
      Originally Posted by Natalie Hill View Post

      Harvey thanks so much for posting this Will Smith YouTube video.

      I had seen it a couple of years ago and then lost track of it and I had been wanting to find it again.

      Will Smith is one of the most inspiring people I've ever seen.

      One of the things I do every morning is five to ten minutes of watching something inspirational and I am making a collection of short inspirational YouTube videos. So happy to add this one to my list.

      Thanks!
      No worries, Nat. It's always nice when you find something you've been looking for.
      Signature
      There's no need for a Plan B because it distracts from Plan A.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5722871].message }}

Trending Topics