The rich are getting richer, for a reason.

44 replies
It's kind of comical when people say "The rich are getting richer".
I'm just like "You're on a gossip website, you think you're going to get any richer by reading and commenting on another article. :$"

I like to think of it as "The hard working, just keep getting richer".
The people who take risks, are usually the only ones who are getting richer. The biggest risk you ever took was not stocking the fridge full of beer before the day of the Daytona 500... lol

Stop complaining about others getting richer, all you do is sit around, drink beer and watch NASCAR. How do you think you're going to get any richer? hahaha

/rant

Let me hear your opinions.
#reason #rich #richer
  • Profile picture of the author Sillysoft
    NASCAR? Really? Out of all the sports you pick NASCAR? Are we all barefoot and live out of a mobile home too?
    Signature
    No more...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5745961].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    yeah I agree totally.... most people that say that dont do anything different from day to day...

    I try and work every day differently so that I continue to grow and taking risks is the best way.... someone who never makes mistakes rarely makes anything....

    Keep doing what you always done.... get what you always got....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746065].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author absoluteallen
      I'm working my ass off online and offline.. and still drinking beer

      It's the "feeling richer effect" of accomplishing things while intoxicated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mostavios85
    I can not agree but i do not disagree, i would say Money is Power and it opens doors that no Other key would open.

    if you are rich your living standards shifts to a different level where u get to meet people and have more connections that will convert into more Money or more businesses,..

    So if u r rich and u drink beer and watch nascar on your couch you are still going to get a phone call from a well know business man offering you a new Opportunity..

    and for people who say that Money can not buy happiness i would say : I would Love to be sad in a Ferarri
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    Money cant buy happiness... but it makes things a whole lot easier but you have different things to stress about....

    It is easier to make money money when you have money....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746111].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author czilbersher
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      Money cant buy happiness... but it makes things a whole lot easier but you have different things to stress about....

      It is easier to make money money when you have money....
      I respectfully disagree. A new Maserati Quattroporte would make me very happy indeed. Money, however, cannot buy you love ("love" in this context should not be confused with "sex")
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746611].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Josh MacDonald
        Originally Posted by czilbersher View Post

        I respectfully disagree. A new Maserati Quattroporte would make me very happy indeed. Money, however, cannot buy you love ("love" in this context should not be confused with "sex")
        You're right.

        I've been rich and I've been poor, rich is better.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746710].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Traffic Master
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      Money cant buy happiness.
      I disagree with this. Thats just too sarcastic in my opinion. Money does bring happiness for one reason only. CAUSE YOUR GOD DAMN RICH!

      But you are right in a way, Money can't buy happiness... Because money is happiness.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5747941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdwordsMogul
    Hahaha!

    The thing is, most people want to believe that the rich have got some sort of secret powers not available to other people.


    If they admit to themselves that they're not making money because of their own actions then they won't have anyone to blame for their problems.
    Signature
    "Those who can - DO IT. Those who can't, say it's impossible."
    Jean Paul a.k.a AdwordsMogul
    PHPDevelopers.net - Top of the range PHP developers

    Easy Link Saver - Are you tired of the pain of constantly searching for your affiliate links? ( Chrome extension - FREE )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mostavios85
    I can not agree but i do not disagree, i would say Money is Power and it opens doors that no Other key would open.

    if you are rich your living standards shifts to a different level where u get to meet people and have more connections that will convert into more Money or more businesses,..

    So if u r rich and u drink beer and watch nascar on your couch you are still going to get a phone call from a well know business man offering you a new Opportunity..

    and for people who say that Money can not buy happiness i would say : I would Love to be sad in a Ferarri
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Linley
    Yea, I have to say that more money just helps to create more money and I am working towards a 4 hour work week and then I can sit around if I want to but I would rather volunteer my time and do things I enjoy rather than sit around watching nascar???
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    Well said. I learned the hard way to stop contributing to websites that are not also benefiting ME in addition to the operators.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746206].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Real Deal
    Originally Posted by Josh MacDonald View Post

    It's kind of comical when people say "The rich are getting richer".
    Originally Posted by Josh MacDonald View Post

    I like to think of it as "The hard working, just keep getting richer".
    Here is an interesting statistic for you to consider:

    The 400 richest people in the US combined wealth is greater than the total wealth of the 140,000,000 poorest Americans!

    Think about that for a minute and if you really believe that the reason those 400 people have more money than the 140 million poorest is because they "work so much harder"... :rolleyes:

    Getting rich is all about working smarter, not harder!
    Signature

    I've made over $6 million dollars in profit from simple websites, mostly affiliate sites. Click here if you want to learn my simple formula for success, and want my team and I to help you build your online business [WSO].

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Grateful Warrior
      Originally Posted by The Real Deal View Post

      Here is an interesting statistic for you to consider:

      The 400 richest people in the US combined wealth is greater than the total wealth of the 140,000,000 poorest Americans!

      Think about that for a minute and if you really believe that the reason those 400 people have more money than the 140 million poorest is because they "work so much harder"... :rolleyes:

      Getting rich is all about working smarter, not harder!
      Exactly! And also, they tend to use their mind properly to focus more on what they want and less on what they don't want.

      The "don't haves" tend to have little thought/emotion control. Their minds run them instead of vice versa. Or, they inherited a bunch of poverty programming from their parents and never hit the "delete" button on it once they were old enough to discriminate a little.

      I watched a Mike Dillard presentation recently with a guy that managed investors whose net worth was usually somewhere between $10 million to $100 million. The whole "secret" he gave to his success in producing huge returns for them was "it's all about what you focus on." And, as part of his program, all his wealthy clients had to go through a system that helped them get clear on exactly what they wanted and to focus on that end result (with *feeling*).

      Anyway, good stuff. It works and have used it for years to produce some very nice, consistent results. But, you can't sit on your butt and do nothing either. In fact, I've found that once you fully *feel* yourself into the *assumption* that you already have your goal, you can't avoid taking the necessary action because it will come effortlessly and spontaneously. It's kind of like how if you think about something intensely before you go to sleep at night, you'll end up dreaming about it and taking all kind of spontaneous actions based on the assumptions you made about that topic before you fell asleep. The "dream theme" is cast by your assumption and then it just "appears" and you spontaneously go through the dream without much if any choice at that point. Same thing with this "waking dream". Set your intention and the outer "movie" must follow.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by Josh MacDonald View Post

    The people who take risks, are usually the only ones who are getting richer. The biggest risk you ever took was not stocking the fridge full of beer before the day of the Daytona 500... lol
    Nah... the biggest risk people ever take is skipping Oprah and Dr. Phil for a day.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Keith
    The entire american government and tax system is designed to make the rich get richer.

    Think about this. The normal tax rate ranges from 10-35%. That is the amount of tax money people pay when they trade their time (work) for money.

    However, the capital gains tax rate is a flat 15% no matter how much you invest. So if you work really damn hard a whole bunch of hours, you will pay the government 35% of everything you make.

    But if you have some money to invest and create capital gains, you will only be charged 15% of the profit you make. So if I have 1 million dollars and make 10% on it this year. I would make about 100,000 less 15,000 in taxes.

    If you work for that 100,000 you would be in the 28% tax bracket and have to pay in 28,000... almost double.

    The system is rigged guys. Thankfully, I have made it past the point of having to trade my time for money, because this is only going to get worse.

    Don't get me wrong, I do believe in hard work. However, you won't get rich working hard. You will get rich by owning things that pay you income in the form of capital gains and not in the form of ordinary income.

    BTW, talk to your tax guy, it is very possible to sell websites and only pay capital gains on the money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746313].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AdwordsMogul
      Originally Posted by David Keith View Post

      The entire american government and tax system is designed to make the rich get richer.

      ....
      David although you make a really good point consider this: at some point EVERYONE has to put in some hard work, that's just life.

      Say Warren Buffet. Yes, he makes money through investments. But he doesn't close his eyes and pick whatever company shows up first on the screen.

      He studies a lot, in order to get results.

      Now, the system is not rigged. It is designed to reward those who do what the system needs to grow and survive.

      The thing is, most people don't realize that the system is a privilege. Without out it we'd have to build our homes with bare hands, hunt and fish for meat, and grow our own vegetables.

      It's all a privilege.

      If you're healthy, and you're not repelling to the opposite sex life has been more than fair to you. You have everything you need to succeed. Including the system.
      Signature
      "Those who can - DO IT. Those who can't, say it's impossible."
      Jean Paul a.k.a AdwordsMogul
      PHPDevelopers.net - Top of the range PHP developers

      Easy Link Saver - Are you tired of the pain of constantly searching for your affiliate links? ( Chrome extension - FREE )
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746371].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Josh MacDonald
      Originally Posted by David Keith View Post

      The entire american government and tax system is designed to make the rich get richer.

      Think about this. The normal tax rate ranges from 10-35%. That is the amount of tax money people pay when they trade their time (work) for money.

      However, the capital gains tax rate is a flat 15% no matter how much you invest. So if you work really damn hard a whole bunch of hours, you will pay the government 35% of everything you make.

      But if you have some money to invest and create capital gains, you will only be charged 15% of the profit you make. So if I have 1 million dollars and make 10% on it this year. I would make about 100,000 less 15,000 in taxes.

      If you work for that 100,000 you would be in the 28% tax bracket and have to pay in 28,000... almost double.

      The system is rigged guys. Thankfully, I have made it past the point of having to trade my time for money, because this is only going to get worse.

      Don't get me wrong, I do believe in hard work. However, you won't get rich working hard. You will get rich by owning things that pay you income in the form of capital gains and not in the form of ordinary income.

      BTW, talk to your tax guy, it is very possible to sell websites and only pay capital gains on the money.
      Don't get me started on taxes. If you raise the taxes for corporations, then they'll just turn around and raise the prices. Believe me, taxes won't fix anything. The only thing that's going to fix no money, is to stop being lazy, or win the lottery.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AS2012
    Most of those 400 richest people are rich because they have family wealth. This wealth has been handed down- it is far easier to make money if you already have it to invest in opportunities.

    But if you love to drink beer you can always open a beer store and sell beer to your NASCAR friends! Or you can choose to give up trying- then you will be stuck in the same place. Don't give up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMAdam
    But if you have some money to invest and create capital gains, you will only be charged 15% of the profit you make. So if I have 1 million dollars and make 10% on it this year. I would make about 100,000 less 15,000 in taxes
    And this is why Warren Buffett's salary is less than his secretary. He takes his profit via creating those capital gains. He knows that if he took a big salary from Berkshire Hathaway, he'd be paying that 35% on it.

    It's no coincident the system is this way, indeed.
    Signature

    "Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right" - Henry Ford

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Keith
    I totally agree that hard work is required by almost everyone who does get rich. Except those who get it handed to them (very few about 25% of the top 400).

    But, I do disagree that the system is not rigged to in fact reward owning things more than it rewards work. Thus the lower taxes paid on investment income vs work income. Which is a major reason the (already) rich among us keep getting richer.

    If me and warren buffet worked equally as hard starting today. And we invested in exactly the same things making the exact same rate of return, he would get more rich faster than I would. Thus, its not extra work that is making him get richer faster than me, its the fact that he owns more stuff already.

    Again, I should stress that I firmly believe you must work hard. I also believe that as a rule, those that work hard usually end up getting rewarded better for their efforts. But there is no doubt in my mind that the answer to accumulating wealth is not in fact work at all.

    The answer to having a decent amount of money and paying your bills on time is certainly work. With that in mind, I fully realize that for most people to achieve what they consider to be "rich" the key ingredient is indeed work. But the rich among us know that hard work is not the key to continually accumulating more wealth at an every increasing pace.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746415].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Josh MacDonald
      Originally Posted by David Keith View Post

      I totally agree that hard work is required by almost everyone who does get rich. Except those who get it handed to them (very few about 25% of the top 400).

      But, I do disagree that the system is not rigged to in fact reward owning things more than it rewards work. Thus the lower taxes paid on investment income vs work income. Which is a major reason the (already) rich among us keep getting richer.

      If me and warren buffet worked equally as hard starting today. And we invested in exactly the same things making the exact same rate of return, he would get more rich faster than I would. Thus, its not extra work that is making him get richer faster than me, its the fact that he owns more stuff already.

      Again, I should stress that I firmly believe you must work hard. I also believe that as a rule, those that work hard usually end up getting rewarded better for their efforts. But there is no doubt in my mind that the answer to accumulating wealth is not in fact work at all.

      The answer to having a decent amount of money and paying your bills on time is certainly work. With that in mind, I fully realize that for most people to achieve what they consider to be "rich" the key ingredient is indeed work. But the rich among us know that hard work is not the key to continually accumulating more wealth at an every increasing pace.
      Sorry, all the cases except for you an warren buffet :$ you're missing the point :/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746443].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rickstooker
      My biggest "ah ha" moment came when I thought about what would happen if we could somehow take redistribute the country's entire wealth and give it out evenly to everybody, so everybody had an equal share.

      Within 6 months to a year, the wealth would again be just as "inequal" as it is now.

      Because the formerly poor would spend all their new wealth, buying things sold to them by the formerly rich.

      So eventually the wealth would go back to those willing to fulfill the needs of other people.
      Signature

      Wanted: Bloggers. Youtubers. Facebook Page Admins. Authors. Artists. Bands. Pinterest and Instagram Stars.
      Find out how you can make more hands and hassle free money selling Print-On-Demand T-shirts.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746447].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IMAdam
        Originally Posted by rickstooker View Post

        My biggest "ah ha" moment came when I thought about what would happen if we could somehow take redistribute the country's entire wealth and give it out evenly to everybody, so everybody had an equal share.

        Within 6 months to a year, the wealth would again be just as "inequal" as it is now.

        Because the formerly poor would spend all their new wealth, buying things sold to them by the formerly rich.

        So eventually the wealth would go back to those willing to fulfill the needs of other people.

        And let's go a step further and take away all of the rich's money making assets they own (just for arguments sake) leaving them with essentially nothing.

        They would be back in business and acquiring that wealth in a reasonable amount of time because they have the KNOWLEGE on how to gain wealth, and KNOW how to form business relationships. That is something no one can take away from a successful business person, ever!
        Signature

        "Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right" - Henry Ford

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Keith
    Josh, You are making the point that the rich are getting richer due to the fact that they work harder than other people.

    I am simply discussing the fact that that is not true.

    That is only true for the low to mid income people, not the rich. Yes, if you are poor and work harder than other poor people you will become richer (relatively speaking).

    But to say that the "rich" are getting richer due to the fact that they work harder is not accurate unless you define rich as somewhere in the 6 figure range. Once you get above that, its not work that makes you richer as you suggest.

    Your points about work are valid for the working class of people, but not for the ownership class of people. The truly rich are the owners of the stuff the working class work on / in / around.

    but I will leave your thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746472].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdwordsMogul
    The rich do work harder: just that they work on different things.

    Even changing your own mindset is hard work. Again, the system is a privilege.

    Most of the people who complain about how hard they work have no discipline when it comes to spending.

    Now, I've slept on newspapers before, and I know what it's like to be homeless and hungry. So I'm not coming from the point of "Why don't these poor people just go and buy some food if they're starving".

    The point is, if you have wealth, you do have to work hard to keep it. If you don't have it, you do have to work hard to get it ( and then keep it)

    I don't see how it's possible to gain/maintain wealth without work, regardless of who you are. Heck, even Paris Hilton has to party to get paid - surely, there are times when she would rather go to sleep rather than be in front of cameras.
    Signature
    "Those who can - DO IT. Those who can't, say it's impossible."
    Jean Paul a.k.a AdwordsMogul
    PHPDevelopers.net - Top of the range PHP developers

    Easy Link Saver - Are you tired of the pain of constantly searching for your affiliate links? ( Chrome extension - FREE )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul_1
    Originally Posted by Josh MacDonald View Post

    It's kind of comical when people say "The rich are getting richer".
    I'm just like "You're on a gossip website, you think you're going to get any richer by reading and commenting on another article. :$"

    I like to think of it as "The hard working, just keep getting richer".
    The people who take risks, are usually the only ones who are getting richer. The biggest risk you ever took was not stocking the fridge full of beer before the day of the Daytona 500... lol

    Stop complaining about others getting richer, all you do is sit around, drink beer and watch NASCAR. How do you think you're going to get any richer? hahaha

    /rant

    Let me hear your opinions.
    Very well said It's all about the hard work and dedication plus the right mindset!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tech19
    A good quote I one heard... "The rich get richer because they keep doing what made them rich.... Same for the poor"
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5746753].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Ashari
    What some people in this thread seem to forget is that anyone has the opportunity to get richer.

    Sure, you need momentum and a solid base to get rich, but you can earn this momentum through hard work.

    Nobody is being kept poor. In fact, by being rich, you are serving the world more (which is why you are attracting money).

    Good luck all

    -Simon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5747091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AppsFromHome
    There is a lot of information on the WF about taking risks and the rewards that come along with it.

    I think IM is one of the only fields where everybody has equal opportunity to build their business to whatever level they want to bring it to....

    There are plenty of mentors, courses, and forums to support someone who is ready to take that risk and dive in 120%....but it boils down to those two words you hear so much "Taking Action".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5748858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Josh MacDonald
    The way money wouldn't bring happiness, is it brings a few headaches with it (people want your money, people treat your different, etc).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5749300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    i am going to be a pest ..and give an annoying little response to this thread.

    the rich get richer..because they know how to have their money work hard for them ..

    hard work toiling away lugging boxes around in a warehouse ..will never make you rich ..

    the first sign you rich..is your getting richer ..the second sign is you are working hard building the systems that make you richer ..

    but i am broke atm ..that is only my theory
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5749424].message }}
  • Yes, I have to say that more money just helps to create more money and I am working towards a 4 hour work week .I get earn money in this site.
    Signature
    Black Hat Cloaker is the most advanced doorway generator & cloaking tool
    IP Delivery Service is the best IP List database that you can find on the market
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5749538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thereikid
    It says it in the bible to he who has more will be given to he who has not even that which he has will be taken away. Another is when the king gave money for his servants to invest and he took away the money from the servant that just hid the money and did not take risks to grow it. There are countless example of this in all of life. Let people do them and stay focused on being your best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5749726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GT
    Not all the "rich" are getting richer. Some are going broke and going bankrupt. Whether or not they return to their former rich glory will depend on the same factors available to you and I:

    - Knowledge
    - Confidence
    - Clearly defined goals
    - Practical plan
    - Industry connections/Partnerships
    - Focus and Hard Work
    - Determination
    - And ... did I mention Confidence?

    Poor people worry about being poor. Rich people focus on adding to their wealth.

    GT
    Signature

    * You Can Begin Earning Affiliate Income Here – Direct Commissions and Residual Income!
    * Home Business Resources and Affiliate Opportunities
    * Visit This Library to Expand Your Knowledge – Blog Post
    * Reinventing Your Life - Make the Rest of Your Life the BEST of Your Life!
    * Follow Me On Twitter ===> MyPowerSite <===| gtbulmer | StarrBizzcom

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5750171].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Josh MacDonald View Post

    It's kind of comical when people say "The rich are getting richer".
    I'm just like "You're on a gossip website, you think you're going to get any richer by reading and commenting on another article. :$"

    I like to think of it as "The hard working, just keep getting richer".
    The people who take risks, are usually the only ones who are getting richer. The biggest risk you ever took was not stocking the fridge full of beer before the day of the Daytona 500... lol

    Stop complaining about others getting richer, all you do is sit around, drink beer and watch NASCAR. How do you think you're going to get any richer? hahaha

    /rant

    Let me hear your opinions.
    I knew when I read that thread title, this was going to be a mess of a thread and I couldn't help but first look in the mirror, and then jumping in.

    After I read your post I thought, "this thing has more barbs than a porcupine", I could see nerve endings flashing from many who will read it. So I came up with about 1000 Old Dog possible responses, I got a whole dog house full.

    One of the first was, "If the shoe fits......"

    then "Is the WF just a Gossip site"

    or "do some make money as a result of participating in the WF?" I personally know of many.... so yes

    yes "hard working risk takers do make money" however the "smartest" risk takers are usually the richest!

    Then I thought......?? (What is the definition of rich here?)

    If rich equals being fulfilled and happy in "your" life's desires then having a full fridge for the "Big Race" is being rich????

    Stop complaining about others getting richer, all you do is sit around, drink beer and watch NASCAR. How do you think you're going to get any richer? hahaha
    Check out...
    Joyce Julius & Associates, Inc. -- which has monitored every NASCAR race telecast over the last 27 seasons --
    If I remember right so don't quote please!... In Ann Arbor Mi., Out of work husband?? ( could have been significant other) sitting on couch watching TV, possibly some beer involved too? with wife? started counting how many seconds each car was clearly seen on TV during the race. Joyce Julius (Business in her name, maybe pay off to get out of dog house for being a couch potato?) they calculate television exposure value by comparing the in-broadcast visual and verbal exposure to the estimated cost of a national commercial during the telecast and applying Joyce Julius Recognition Grading.

    They sell this info to validate then price for sponsorship and much more.
    Not bad from watching NASCAR to a multiple million dollar business. They even grade Obama appearances now. (downer) but they get paid for watching TV.

    Wish I would have thought of that back in 1985.

    Just a rant of mine that you can turn anything into money even drinking beer watching NASCAR.

    To sum up it's all relative anyway.....Who cares!

    ld Dog

    P.S. Josh, good post! Got some juices going. Old Dogs need something to bark at to keep the old heart beating!

    P.P.S. The Joyce Julius story is strictly from the "as I remember it" part of Old Dog's Brain. It's based on fact but I may have chewed a leg off of the truth a little. Don't know. It's second hand I don't know them personally...my disclaimer. It's still a great rags to riches story though. The watching TV part is true for sure.
    Signature

    P.S. If I can be of any assistance in your "Off" or "On"- line sales and marketing please PM me or email at WinnersChoice-Warrior@yahoo.com . Old Dog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5750503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    getting rich is an old economy thing .. new economy is always having the skills to creat assests that generate the income you want..for the lifestyle of your choice ..

    in that case someone making a few thousand a month ..but able to travel..live in nice apartment..eat well and have fun where they are ..can be more rich than some misserable guy who got 500k a year income ..but his wife just founf out about his mistress and his bonus check got cut by 90 % ..'

    i think it's more about how you make it as much about how much ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5751296].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mr Bill
      Originally Posted by AS2012 View Post

      Most of those 400 richest people are rich because they have family wealth. This wealth has been handed down- it is far easier to make money if you already have it to invest in opportunities.

      ...
      Incorrect, that is a fallacy. Less than 1% of all millionaires alive today come from inherited wealth.

      The overwhelming majority of millionaires alive today are self made millionaires.

      The rich get richer (or stay rich) because the rich keep doing the things that make them rich. The poor keep getting poorer (or stay poor) because they keep doing the things that make (or keep) them poor.

      It's about what you do, not what was given to you. People are given money all the time but they often lose it because they don't have the skills to make or hold onto money.

      Being "rich" is not always about how much money you have but how many money worries you "don't" have. All you need is enough money so you don't have to worry about it. There are millionaires who spend too much and they have money worries just like the rest of us. Then there are "non-rich" people who manage their money well and always have something set aside to spend on cool things as well as for a rainy day.

      It's about controlling your spending whether you're rich or poor. It's the same. We are all richer than someone and poorer than someone else. So where does it end and where does it start? It's about managing what you have. Being happy with what you've got...WHILE striving for what you want. Rich can never be a destination if all you ever want is more. Rich is now, you are rich right now. What we do here in IM is not strive for richness, because you can have a lot of money and still be poor. What we do is strive for more money so we can relieve ourselves of financial stress.

      Sure, we need more money but if we keep spending like animals we'll never be better off. What we have to do is control our spending while making more money to buy cool things. Not because we want to be "rich" but because we want cool things.

      I had to laugh one day when I heard someone say "if you want us to stop spending, stop inventing cool ****!" We get a buzz out of the new thing and I think that's normal as long as it's based on our own curiosity and not on looking cool. Some people buy Lamborghini's because they want to look cool. But give me a 32 Ford Roadster with a Nailhead and a 4 speed, a brisk Sunday morning and a quiet meandering country road and even if no one ever sees me or knows I have that cool hot rod I'm the happiest guy on earth. I'm also happy living in a modest urban home (as long as it's got a garage).

      Live now. Tomorrow never comes. Manage your money well and you'll never be (too) stressed about money. Money comes, money goes. Rich, poor, it's all the same in all the ways that truely matter.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5753687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ashishaffiliate
    the only advantage for rich are being able to fund their projects with large amounts instantly. this is where most entrepreneurs starting from ground struggles.

    - Ashish Patel
    $0 to $1 million without spending a dime
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5768904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ceogod
    It's best to be poor with the DRIVE to become rich, than RICH with no drive to stay it. So just remember my friends, when you DO become rich, or near it. Don't get content. Don't EVER think you've done enough. Once you think you have you have died. ALWAYS be on the lookout to provide value to more people and in return those people will grant you MORE MONEY.
    -CEOGOD
    Signature
    Click HERE To Get The Same Before Hidden SEO Service Done To Your Website That Is Getting High Rankings For Clients Worldwide. Only $29.99 For Page 1 Ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5768991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bookss
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769365].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TD
      Originally Posted by bookss View Post

      The system is rigged guys. Thankfully, I have made it past the point of having to trade my time for money, because this is only going to get worse.
      After reading many of the replies in this post, it seems that opinions are split between the game is rigged or that the poor are just lazy, however the answer is a little more complicated.

      Much of the education system in the western world is geared towards creating obediant employees, who will do as they are told.

      Much of the media conditioning we experience in the form of TV, movies and literature is geared towards reinforcing the idea that money is bad and having large sums of it is dangerous.

      The truth is most people don't even realise that they've been "conditioned" into poverty from an early age, which leads them to believe that the only way to recieve money is by getting a job or borrowing it.

      Watch this video of someone trying to give away money and notice the people practically running away from the guy>>>


      Notice how the people seem to be shocked by idea of recieving money without a "catch"

      This is the symptom that so many people struggle with, they don't even realise that they have an aversion to money.

      A simple idea I learned many years ago about the differences between the rich and the poor is that "unconsciously rich people actually like money and poor people don't"

      My 2 cents

      TD
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769674].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Simon Ashari
        Originally Posted by TD View Post

        ...



        Watch this video of someone trying to give away money and notice the people practically running away from the guy>>>

        YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

        Notice how the people seem to be shocked by idea of recieving money without a "catch"

        This is the symptom that so many people struggle with, they don't even realise that they have an aversion to money.

        A simple idea I learned many years ago about the differences between the rich and the poor is that "unconsciously rich people actually like money and poor people don't"

        My 2 cents

        TD
        I also would reject this.

        2 reasons.

        1) I don't like to get money for nothing. I want people to give me money after I have provided value (which is greater than the monetary value they are giving me).

        2) These things almost always come with a catch. I see this thing quite a lot. Someone will give you something 'for free' and then immediately ask for a favor in return (which you feel obliged to carry out).


        Then again, maybe they were all afraid of money.

        -Simon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769798].message }}

Trending Topics