I also wrote a short article here on how I'll attack it. Bottom line, I just don't want to neglect the medical and scientific facts about sitting beyond what's necessary.
Just a reminder especially for Internet Marketers here who consume at least 6 hours of internet... Most often than not, you're also doing it on a chair. Let me point out some facts.
• Sitting 6+ hours a day makes you up to 40% likelier to die within 15 years than someone who sits less than 3. Even if you exercise.
• Average Physical Activity (Waking Hours)
- Sedentary (Inactivity such as sitting) – 9.3 hours per day
- Low-Intensity Physical Activity (Walking, Standing) – 6.5 hours/day
- Medium-Vigorous Strenuous Physical Activity (Running, Sports) – 0.7 hours/day
Studies show that only reducing sitting time helps. But how can sitting kill?
• Obese people sit for 2.5 more hours per day than thin people
• 1 in 3 Americans is obese
• Between 1980 and 2000
- Exercise rates stayed the same
- Sitting time increased 8%
- Obesity doubled
• Sitting expends almost no energy
Perhaps you can also do something about it.