The Number 1 reason many forum readers WILL FAIL within 3 months of starting

50 replies
Many marketers fail within the first three months because they never let go of their GET RICH QUICK mentality. Unless you quickly realize that online marketing is a BUSINESS not a hobby, you are bound to fail. Sure, there are many come ons and hokey ads saying you can make money in your pajamas working only a couple of hours a week. Either those are peddling scams or using illegal or unethical means, REAL money is made the old-fashioned way... YOU WORK FOR IT.

Photo Credit



Working for your money does not necessarily mean hard, back-breaking, cotton-picking type of work. No. HARD WORK means MENTAL WORK. This is probably harder than physically punishing work because it pushes you to go beyond your comfort zone, your old assumptions, and your old ideas. There's no cliche "thinking outside the box" BS here. This is the reality. Unless you are willing to look at your LIFE, YOUR HABITS, and WHAT YOU WISH TO ACHIEVE with fresh eyes, you will be stuck where you are. Treading water. Looking for direction.

Many people say that the hardest part of affiliate marketing is getting started. No. I argue that that the hardest part is changing your MENTALITY. Even if you read 100000000000 free and paid ebooks and check out 1000000000 WSOs and put in some time, if you DO NOT CHANGE HOW YOU THINK, you will be left with PENNIES on the DOLLAR.

Read this carefully. If you don't feel the sting of realization, you aren't improving and you aren't making any progress. REAL progress takes PAIN. Just like how painful it is to break out of a cocoon...... But you need to go through it, for you to SOAR!

As Gandhi said: BE the change you want to SEE. The change can only come from WITHIN.
#fail #forum #months #number #readers #reason #starting
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    If you're going to fail, choose to fail the RIGHT way
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author obin94
    I completely agree with you!

    There must be a good and strong "why" if you want to make it online. And it can't be to make money, thats not good enough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BarryOnline
    Some good points but I think the main reasons that people fail are because of…

    Procrastination

    Lack of focus

    Not having a plan to follow

    Doing to many things at once

    They're chasing the next shinny get rich quick product

    No taking action on the things they've learned

    I think many people are sitting around waiting on that one product that's got the information in it that will make them rich.

    The only person that can make you succeed is you...

    and you only fail when you stop trying.
    Signature

    We are the universe contemplating itself - Carl Sagan

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641594].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author icoachu
      Great response but all those factors you mentioned all flow from the WRONG mentality. The wrong mentality ensures people fail. It can also land folk in JAIL due to illegally cutting corners and other shenanigans.

      Your MENTALITY determines your DESTINY.

      Originally Posted by BarryOnline View Post

      Some good points but I think the main reasons that people fail are because of...

      Procrastination

      Lack of focus

      Not having a plan to follow

      Doing to many things at once

      They're chasing the next shinny get rich quick product

      No taking action on the things they've learned

      I think many people are sitting around waiting on that one product that's got the information in it that will make them rich.

      The only person that can make you succeed is you...

      and you only fail when you stop trying.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641647].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author deji yusuf
      [QUOTE=BarryOnline;6641594]Some good points but I think the main reasons that people fail are because of...

      Procrastination

      Lack of focus

      Not having a plan to follow

      Doing to many things at once

      They're chasing the next shinny get rich quick product

      No taking action on the things they've learned

      I think many people are sitting around wait hey
      Hey man, I think you are so so right we are all guilty for the above listed 'crimes, and I think it is time to Step Up our game 8)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6813186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GoBlog
    I think the main reason of their failures is NO ACTION.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641708].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kragsig
      Originally Posted by GoBlog View Post

      I think the main reason of their failures is NO ACTION.
      I agree!

      Most people knows that, but they need somebody to push them out of their comfort zones! KAPOWW!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6662171].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mr Bill
      Originally Posted by GoBlog View Post

      I think the main reason of their failures is NO ACTION.
      With respect Go' I disagree. I think that's a myth that is so often repeated that people are starting to believe it and repeat it without looking at the real reasons.

      They will "take action" and should take "action" when they find something that suits them. You can't just (or expect people to) "take action" and run off in the first direction that someone suggests or that they come across. You have to find something that clicks with you and matches your skill and when you do believe me; you WILL take the apropriate steps to make it happen.

      Besides, they are taking action. They are on here (and probably other sites), they are reading, researching, buying a course or two and studying what is a very large topic. When the right thing comes along they will move in that direction and besides, the biggest success generally is not from taking blind action but from making the right decisions at the right time. 100 miles of running won't help you get anywhere if you choose the wrong road.

      I wonder how many professionals will "succeed" within 3 months of starting a brand new career? How many apprentices "fail" to become tradesmen within 3 months of going to trade school? Maybe some people just like reading and hanging out? I know I do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6662316].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author icoachu
        Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post

        With respect Go' I disagree. I think that's a myth that is so often repeated that people are starting to believe it and repeat it without looking at the real reasons.

        They will "take action" and should take "action" when they find something that suits them. You can't just (or expect people to) "take action" and run off in the first direction that someone suggests or that they come across. You have to find something that clicks with you and matches your skill and when you do believe me; you WILL take the apropriate steps to make it happen.

        Besides, they are taking action. They are on here (and probably other sites), they are reading, researching, buying a course or two and studying what is a very large topic. When the right thing comes along they will move in that direction and besides, the biggest success generally is not from taking blind action but from making the right decisions at the right time. 100 miles of running won't help you get anywhere if you choose the wrong road.

        I wonder how many professionals will "succeed" within 3 months of starting a brand new career? How many apprentices "fail" to become tradesmen within 3 months of going to trade school? Maybe some people just like reading and hanging out? I know I do.
        Beside, IF PEOPLE TAKE ACTION on a PIPE DREAM being peddled as an IM, they are still wasting their time.

        NOT having a GET RICH QUICK mentality enables them to weed out SCAMS/ SPECULATION / REPACKAGED LOW ROI garbage from REAL opportunities
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6804908].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author contentwriting360
    Banned
    In a nutshell, your thinking becomes your reality.

    This word 'thinking' can be turned into so many specific items. It covers some, but not limited to, analyzing, planning, executing, etc...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641824].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert M Gouge
    The most profound changes in people's lives usually begin with 3 simple words:

    I've. Had. Enough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641849].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashp0wer
      Great post and I agree mostly. I also think the reasons that BarryOnline posted are why many people fail too. I almost failed and it was just because I failed to actually start something and just do it.
      Signature
      My Internet Marketing Blog - Warts And All!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketwarrior06
    Banned
    if you really want to become rich in a few months its totally crap. but if you have a very long cherished desire in your heart and start learning IM then you will definitely get the success. and yes its not a hobby. you have to give time, talent and everything to improve in this section.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6642208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NezNezAt5
    Sometimes I think its a matter of persistance and patience. I know of someone who started IM business and quit after a few months and his reasons are: too much work involve and too little income generated.

    So he decided that internet money making is all about scam. And he gave up.
    Signature
    They Laughed When I Said I've simple but powerful system--
    But When I live an internet lifestyle They Begged Me For it. Check out my blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6642276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DonnyBoy
    Everything that was said here are true! A dream remains a dream, no matter how big, until you take action. Opportunity is often lost in deliberation. Handle struggles at first sight, it will stay no matter how you run away from it. Where we are now is a consequence of our decisions in the past. Failures happen because we wait so long to even begin.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6642522].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Faustus
      I completely agree with this.

      I'm not embarrassed to admit that when I first attempted IM, i was 17 and got completely sucked into the whole become-a-millionaire in a few months thing. Wasted quite a bit of my precious childhood savings on scammy products. Gave up pretty quick.

      Attempted to start again a 2 years later when I was 19 and in university but that didn't last long too. I didn't fall for the scammy ones this time, but I wasn't seeing any results at all and didn't have much funds to go on.

      The third attempt was a couple of months back and I think im on the right track. I've dropped any thoughts and temptations to get-rich-quick (can be pretty tempting if you're desperate). So right now im seeing results and totally motivated to go on.

      I guess I've failed terribly in my first 2 attempts due to not having the right mentality. Glad I've learned from my mistakes
      Signature

      [100% Pure Internet Marketing Product Reviews]
      Marketing Pwnage

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6642635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author go4glory
    Agreed. As they say, there are no free lunches in life. You've got to work for the moolah.
    Don't know but for some strange reason, people have come to think that internet is a place for all the easy money. Then these people then get trapped in the Quick Online Money Making scams running rampant on the Net.

    There's no easy money to be made on the Net. But Yes, you'll get the money if you're ready to work hard, stay focused, don't lose heart if you don't start making money instantly, give it some time and most importantly learn, learn & learn!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6643268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MayfairNoble
    Everyone wants a fast buck, but they don't want to work for it.

    For some reason IM seems to attract even more of these types.

    "How can I make $1000 by the end of the month with no money!"

    Go sell your TV and get a job buddy, there are no free rides around here.
    Signature

    Mayfair Noble

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6643905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebmasterLabor
    Add to that list, another major reason for failure: a sense of entitlement. Many people get into business, school, and relationships with an attitude that things should be easy and they should get results quickly. Talk about getting your behind handed to you. Life sure doesn't work that way nor does online marketing. Everyone has to pay their dues. No exceptions. Still, in our modern culture of convenience and instant noodles, too many people expect things to just fall in their laps. No wonder many governments are going bankrupt catering to this mindset.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6644189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adie
    The main reason is that, many started many activities at the same time, and their time is not allowing them to occupy those multiple things. Another reason is that, they give up easily and start another way, so on and so forth... without completing anything..
    Signature



    Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

    Signature edited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6644204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lightlysalted
    I agree that get rich quick mentality is a major reason for failure. I set myself a 5 year plan and to be fair I'm doing ok against it. Short term profit I'd rarely sustainable, but having a long term plan for profitability is essential
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6644211].message }}
  • The only way to fail is to give up and that should not be an option.
    Signature
    Conversion Magnet - Instapage Premium accounts for $39/mo, normally $99/mo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6644224].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tracy Moore
      Another reason is because it is so hard to do work when you do not see immediate results. The book, The Slight Edge is a great book to read for help in pushing through those necessary tasks. Just do the work (the sometimes hard, lonely and tedious work) and the results will come.
      Signature

      Get a free pack of PLR at my site :)

      www.advancedwritingsolutions.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6644680].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tantivy
      Originally Posted by leadsuccess View Post

      The only way to fail is to give up and that should not be an option.
      This is basically my stand on this matter. When you enter this business, quitting is not an option. Or rather put it this way, try to trick your mind that you have no option left but to make it in this business. When you are left with no option, patience and perseverance follows. Then after sometime, you'll see your dream starting to take shape with only one color: green. $$$$... :-)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6644797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LetsGoViral
    Procrastination is usually the #1 reason.
    Signature
    Time of thinking is over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6645095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maggie2
    I think there are many reasons for people failing in IM but probably the biggest one for me was trying one thing after another and not sticking to any one of them long enough. I now have found something that works for me and I'm sticking to it and developing it.

    I also think attitude plays a big part in any success or failure you may have.
    Signature

    Marg

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6655342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrick Kelly
    This is so true AND...

    'If you always DO what you have always DONE, you will always GET what you have always GOT' - (grammatically incorrect yet focus on the meaning)!

    cheers, Patrick
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6655371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr Bill
    There are no absolutes in IM or in making money outside of a job. Some people succeed well with 3 months if their goal is to make money. Failure is more often a case of mistaken identity. If you define failure is a lack of progress then very few people will fail at making money online. Making money online is probably the easiest way to make money I've ever seen. "Rich" is often mis-described and a vapour goal (can't be defined) but almost everyone who tries (hobby or not) can easily make money within 3 months. Heck, most can do it within a few days. A few will take offense at this but I think a few people need to stop the "copy and paste platitudes".

    If you keep your expectations reasonable there is no reason to fail.

    Just saying.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6655851].message }}
  • sometimes 'if' is the reason too
    Signature
    Make it simple, but not simpler.. ~Albert Einstein
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6663881].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mr Bill
      Originally Posted by Indraraja Purbosatryo View Post

      sometimes 'if' is the reason too
      Care to elaborate? What do you mean?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6663933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr Bill
    I agree. It's not about just "taking action" as spouted by many on here. It's about taking action on something that fits several of your lifestyle criteria. Nothing wrong with trying things but I've bought (probably) hundreds of WSO and really only gave a few a decent chance. Lately I've been making more than enough with just one thing I learned from one WSO so in the end was buying (and not taking action) on all those other WSOs worth it...it certainly was. Buying WSOs and "how to make money" courses and books is all research.

    People who want to make others feel guilty for buying too many WSOs or doing research need to back off in my opinion. They are just repeating mantras like "shiny object syndrome" without thinking. People who buy lots of information do not have "shiny object syndrome" or lack taking action. The opposite is true. They are buying for the pleasure of discovery and are looking for something that will work for them.

    I'm all for buying what looks interesting, not feeling guilty for not taking action and working your way through all the possibilities until you find something that suits you. THEN you can take massive action and really make it work. It only takes one thing to work for you to make all those previous purchases more than worth it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6804921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mannyconrady
    One of the the is that they stop learning, they think that they have it already.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6805079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor
    That's what I always say - The Warrior Forum is a great resource and anyone looking for free information should use for their benefit to get free information fast.

    However, it's totally important to take action first and do the reading after that. If you already know what you should be doing (even if you have just a bare idea), go ahead and start doing and when a particular question arises, find the information here.

    It's a tough play but that's the only way to truly learn something new - by actually doing and not just reading. If you're on this forum just browsing through the threads and reading around, you are essentially wasting your time.

    The WF can be pretty addictive, nevertheless, so be careful about that lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6805387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sony Baby
    quit and die or move on and live
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6806022].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mr Bill
      Originally Posted by Sony Baby View Post

      quit and die or move on and live
      What does that mean?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6806035].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Matida
        I think the information overload in this industry plays also an important role in the failures. There are so many different business models that it is hard to grasp for newbies what to do. And this leads to procastination and chasing new products and techniques all the time. Just my two cents.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6806660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Killara
    I've just read the most inspiring story in Pat Flynn's blog. I was led to it via this forum.

    I liken his story and experience to your message, Ioachu, that is, don't focus on the Get Rick Quick Dream but focus on delivering good content and building a relationship with visitors. I'm looking forward to what he has to say in his free ebook.

    Keep up the good work, Ioachu. I like your posts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6806804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author annsjones
    Completely right. there is no formula for quick cash with no work
    or very little work. Every new start requires change, and willingnes to change to new habits and lifestyle....and ofcourse...walking the whole mile!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6806951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMLearningIM
    agreed! I think people fail when not follow a plan, wait for happen a Miracle which made him millionaire in a while.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6812886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wildjack
    The No.1 reason why people fail is they give up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6813258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JRat
    Agreed about no get rich quick success. I have a tiny business that gives me freedom to be at home, not have a boss and just pay the bills. I'm happy with that. Every month it grows tiny bit, I make a tiny bit more. Will I ever be rich? Maybe not, but I'm progressing slowly towards a goal, and that in itself is a reward.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6813758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dviraz
    Try to fail as much as you can, and get recover from as quickly as you can
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6815554].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author raywarrior1978
      I agree and disagree with this post.

      You are right. You need to be focus on one thing and one thing only. No distractions! Period.

      But here comes the problem. You purchased a WSO. You read it and tried to implemented. But you failed and are stuck. They said that part of being successful is failing over and over again. I agree. But you also need to be realistic in the world we are living in.

      Many times, those people who purchased this products, take action, and get stuck because they can understand a certain part can not, and I repeat, they can not continue, why? Because there is no lack of support. They ask the OP seller but he either explains things too late or he respond to your question not correctly or you still don't understand. Some people get email support but they are still confused. They are confused to a point that what they really need is just a few minutes of live support.

      What is live support.
      Many wso sellers consider this skype chat.
      Nooooooo!!!

      This is wrong!

      In my case that is the way I see it.

      Live support to me is someone who can talk to you on the phone or on skype but it has to be real talk communication.

      Here comes the problem. Either they don't offer this, and if they do they will charge you 100 dollars or more an hour for this service. Now the wso that you purchase for 10 dollars has turn out over 100 dollars.

      Do you think that the seller is going to tried to help you for free?
      Heck no!! He is only there to sell as many copies as he can and will send you an email if you are lucky.

      So is not that "some" people don't succeed because they don't put in the effort, is because they need someone to answer all of their questions with live support.

      You can not tell me that text messaging is better than talking live.

      For example, have you ever misinterpret something someone text you?
      Or have you ever text back and forth for hours?

      Well all of that time could of been fixed within 50 to 10 minutes of talking.
      The question can be answer so quickly and one can ask questions, right there on the spot and get corrected immediately.

      Unfortunately, in the world that we are living, there is nothing free.
      People tried to take advantage of you anyway they can. They say they want you to succeed but only if it means charging you 100 dollars an hour.

      They have soooo much money, but "greed" makes them take advantage of poor working people why they get richer and richer. All they care about is selling you a wso that is hype up by a professional copywriter and once they got your money, you are left to figure it out for yourself.

      Peace! Sorry but the truth hurts!
      Signature

      Affiliate Links are not allowed!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6815698].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BizManRobert
        Originally Posted by raywarrior1978 View Post

        I agree and disagree with this post.

        You are right. You need to be focus on one thing and one thing only. No distractions! Period.

        But here comes the problem. You purchased a WSO. You read it and tried to implemented. But you failed and are stuck. They said that part of being successful is failing over and over again. I agree. But you also need to be realistic in the world we are living in.

        Many times, those people who purchased this products, take action, and get stuck because they can understand a certain part can not, and I repeat, they can not continue, why? Because there is no lack of support. They ask the OP seller but he either explains things too late or he respond to your question not correctly or you still don't understand. Some people get email support but they are still confused. They are confused to a point that what they really need is just a few minutes of live support.

        What is live support.
        Many wso sellers consider this skype chat.
        Nooooooo!!!

        This is wrong!

        In my case that is the way I see it.

        Live support to me is someone who can talk to you on the phone or on skype but it has to be real talk communication.

        Here comes the problem. Either they don't offer this, and if they do they will charge you 100 dollars or more an hour for this service. Now the wso that you purchase for 10 dollars has turn out over 100 dollars.

        Do you think that the seller is going to tried to help you for free?
        Heck no!! He is only there to sell as many copies as he can and will send you an email if you are lucky.

        So is not that "some" people don't succeed because they don't put in the effort, is because they need someone to answer all of their questions with live support.

        You can not tell me that text messaging is better than talking live.

        For example, have you ever misinterpret something someone text you?
        Or have you ever text back and forth for hours?

        Well all of that time could of been fixed within 50 to 10 minutes of talking.
        The question can be answer so quickly and one can ask questions, right there on the spot and get corrected immediately.

        Unfortunately, in the world that we are living, there is nothing free.
        People tried to take advantage of you anyway they can. They say they want you to succeed but only if it means charging you 100 dollars an hour.

        They have soooo much money, but "greed" makes them take advantage of poor working people why they get richer and richer. All they care about is selling you a wso that is hype up by a professional copywriter and once they got your money, you are left to figure it out for yourself.

        Peace! Sorry but the truth hurts!
        I'm new here - have NEVER bought a WSO.
        So have no idea what they are like.

        My own view why people fail is simply because they give up at the first road block.
        When I started in IM seven years ago that first year I made f*ck all...
        Even the second year was DISMAL

        However, around that time as luck would have it, I managed to purchase a pile of Gary Halberts materials on the cheap. This is when I started to make some money online, BUT it still took TIME.
        Today most of my income comes from marketing for small to medium size compaines.
        Even now I still study heaps, mainly everything by Dan Kennedy.

        I wish You luck raywarrior1978...
        Signature
        ''Discover How To Make $19,289 In Just 30 Days From Biz Owners Begging You To Take Their Money!''

        "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." ~ Steve Jobs (RIP)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6815845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dviraz
    stop buying WSO's and start using the thing you have between your ears, all the billionaires and millionaires that are self made, are very rational thinkers, that don't believe most of the bull**it in society, they trust their own thinking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6815744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kdbbdk
    Banned
    Great Post
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6815764].message }}
  • I think the best thing that we can do here is we should "never give up". Most of us here have failed at some point in time in this business and i'm sure that for those who failed have tried to do everything they can to succeed. We all just need to move on and yes I agree we should also have the right mind set for us to succeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6815827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nipsyr
    People fail because they have no idea what it takes to work for themselves. we are taught and brainwashed from an early age to just be obedient, follow the directions that those in charge set for us... as in parents, teachers, bosses, etc.

    We don't have a clue how to manage our time, activities, and use critical thinking to make decisions for ourselves when it has been drummed into our head to stay in line and follow the rules and be obedient worker bees.

    Letting other make our life decisions for us is easy. Showing up as an employee and following directions someone else set up for us is easy.

    Taking charge of your own destiny, not so easy at first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6884873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author speedbird
    Get rich quick mentality has proved to be a fallacy. Only hardwork and persistence can get you where you want to be.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894065].message }}

Trending Topics