The Secret of the Law Of Attraction

71 replies
The Secret of The Law Of Attraction

I find that there are always people complaining about the LOA and saying that it doesn't work. I wish to provide some answers to that.

I was skeptical about the LOA at first and thought that if attracting or manifesting abundance is so easy, then there wouldn't be poverty anywhere else. Anyway after reading The Secret, I thought that there will be no harm trying out.

I read and researched more about the LOA and implemented what I learned and gradually I attracted more and more money. I started making sales online and I received a sum of $800 from my mom's sister's employer which I had talked to for once in 23 years. (how cool is that?)

So why is it that lots of people are not using LOA correctly?

Let me explain. The LOA theories(positive thinking, gratitude,think of what you want instead of what you don't want) are needed to condition our mind to perform at it's optimum state but one thing that alot of people mistook about the LOA is that they don't need to do anything to attract abundance.

They thought that they can lie on bed all day and think positively and keep thinking about what they want and everything will just be manifested right infront of them.

The LOA doesn't work that way. When you had conditioned your mindset to think positively, show gratitude and think about what you want instead of what you don't want, you have only activated 50% of the LOA.

The other 50% lies in your action. Only by taking action, the LOA can then attract opportunities for you to get what you want. If I wasn't taking action to set up a website, do you think that I will make those sales online? Impossible.

So I would like to remind everyone who is thinking that the LOA is a lazy man way to riches, think about it again.

Vincent
Personal Development Blogger
#attraction #law #secret
  • Profile picture of the author solardave
    Vinelog,

    You are absolutely right.I have lapses in what I believe and it comes to a stop. As soon as I get my thinking right,start in action again,the attraction starts to flow.My problem is my thinking. I have doubts in myself to overcome. Thanks for what you said though because it does work if we work at it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[613547].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nhynes57
      I think that taking "inspired action" is the important part. Often you will
      be looking for a solution to a problem and suddenly a possible solution
      appears, that is the time to take action.
      Signature

      "There is no spoon"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[613660].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author michellec
        Originally Posted by nhynes57 View Post

        I think that taking "inspired action" is the important part. Often you will
        be looking for a solution to a problem and suddenly a possible solution
        appears, that is the time to take action.
        Absolutely!

        The universe is 'answering' you all the time. We need to listen and pay attention to that intuitive 'nudge' and take action.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[615474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sid Kaplan
    I think if you look at the premise of LOA and concentrate on what you want - you get more "wanting"! I think it is much more effective to think "how may I serve" and the LOA will find ways to serve you in return. Paying it forward in this forum is a good example.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[614488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Richard A.Cox
    Naw, the LOA is all smoke and mirrors.

    It's all a fairy tale. Pure, unadulterated nonsense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[615495].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author keithaul
      LOA is a universal law, just like the law of gravity. It works exactly the same for everyone in every situation. The key for it to work correctly as you want it is to work in harmony with it. There is a definition of attitude I would like to mention here because it fits so well with LOA.

      Our attitude is comprised of our thoughts, feelings and actions. It's not one or two of these, but it's all three that make up our attitude. With that being said, in order to attract our desire, all 3 (thoughts, feelings and actions) must be in harmony with each other to attract our desire. You see our thoughts create our feelings and its our feelings that make us act in a certain way. It those actions that are sent out to the universe and the universe responds to those actions. Our thoughts will either set up a positive or negative emotion/vibration in our body. It's that vibration that will cause you to act.

      Remember there are other things at play here. Our paradigms, which is comprised of our habits, control the type of thoughts we attract. For example, it was instilled in me as a child to be shy and never take action because of my fear of rejection/failure/humiliation. So that habit or paradigm was formed. When it came time to try anything, my self talk would always focus in on the failure part or rejection. The imaginative failure or rejection was more painful for me than the actual process to succeed. Whatever your current paradigm is ( your internal belief system), those are the only thoughts you will attract. If you want to attract new and better thoughts you will have to change the paradigm.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[615774].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard A.Cox
        Originally Posted by keithaul View Post

        LOA is a universal law, just like the law of gravity. It works exactly the same for everyone in every situation. The key for it to work correctly as you want it is to work in harmony with it. There is a definition of attitude I would like to mention here because it fits so well with LOA.

        What a load of tosh.

        'Laws' are usually required to stand the test of scientific analysis.

        This nonsense is without any foundation.

        You may as well read 'Alice in Wonderland' for your inspiration.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[616948].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Saul
          Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox View Post

          You may as well read 'Alice in Wonderland' for your inspiration.
          indeed, there are plenty of things to learn from that novel.
          Just like there are plenty more to learn about the LOA :°)

          It is correct though to *not* consider it a scientific law. It isn't.

          There are no scientific bases for it (with the exception of some quantum theories which
          are though...as the name implies... theories, and therefore still *not* scientific evidence),
          and there have been no positive scientific tests, if in fact you could even test such a
          theory (not sure how the lab experiment would work ;°)

          It could be called (like sociology, psycology etc) a human science: something not
          scientific (the human nature) approached with a more scientific view (do this, do that,
          rinse and repeat, result. do this, do that, rinse and repeat: result confirmed, etc).

          None the less, if you believe in it, it works.
          If you don't, it won't - confirming your belief that it's a load of... tosh.

          Although I'm a *very* scientifically minded person, one little "trick" (on top of the
          massive amount of positive experiences of other people) convinced me and overcome
          my scientific skepticism.

          In one of the many books I read about this subject the author invites the reader
          to think of an object you want to see "materialised". The author provided an example
          with a blue feather but encouraged the reader to think of a different object and then
          follow some simple practices that allegedly should increase the chances of obtaining
          the object you have been wishing to see.

          I thought about a green turtle and followed the various exercises to the letter, with
          no skepticism and truly believing it could happen. I decided to trust the experience
          of so many other people and chose to "suspend my disbelief".

          Less than 10 days later I received a postcard from a dear family member living abroad...
          and guess what picture was on the card? A green turtle. Yeah, coincidence. Right.
          And how many coincidences do we need to choose it's not just a coincidence any more?
          Because judging by the huge literature that exists there are a LOT of people experiencing
          a LOT of coincidences around the world

          That (and the massive amounts of literature that exists on this subject) was enough to
          convince me that although there is NOT a scientific explanation (yet, at least ;°) the
          LOA actually *does* work. For me at least, and maybe for all the other people who say it
          works too. I don't see why someone not having success with it should say it does
          work, so I choose to believe the people who seem to have had my same experience, and
          I choose to encourage anyone to open their minds, suspend their disbelief and try it.

          ciao!
          Saul
          Signature

          Ω OmegaRainbow - Player of Games! Ω

          | Youtube | Twitter | Google+ |

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[617496].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author michellec
            Originally Posted by Saul View Post

            I choose to encourage anyone to open their minds, suspend their disbelief and try it.
            Absolutely, Saul.

            I would never believe something (a movie, book or otherwise) on hearsay. I test things and make my own decisions. As the movie suggested, start small, such as intending a 'cup of coffee'.

            I did exactly that, SEVERAL times to make sure I wasn't just 'lucky', started specifying what brand of coffee was offered too, then tried parking spaces (during impossible Christmas rush and such), asked for a ladybug with one spot on each wing (OUT OF SEASON), then on to winning something VERY specific. Again and again it proves itself to me, and living your life intentionally moment by moment can have fantastic results. When I don't -- it's just pure laziness on my part, as I know it works.

            The key is believing it is possible for you and that it's not up to you how it comes. That is where most of us get hung up in our disbelief, or not being able to believe the end result can materialize without having the plan that will make it happen. And if you expect bad things to happen, to be disappointed yet again, guess what? You will be!

            Once you get some practice and develop some 'muscle' you will have confidence to ask for bigger and bigger things. I have brought some very wonderful things into my life, but my focus hasn't been on bringing in the multi-millions.

            I don't really care about debating the how of it, or defending it (though it would seem as I am!), but I'm not going to mess with something that works for me.

            The secret is much more than the movie, and goes much deeper than bringing external things into our lives. To really understand it you need to read much more and practice it.

            Cheers,
            Michelle
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[618063].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Saul
              Originally Posted by michellec View Post

              I would never believe something (a movie, book or otherwise) on hearsay. I test things and make my own decisions.
              This is a much smarter approach to life: you don't know something?
              Then you research it and try it (well, not if it's something bad like drugs! lol ;°)

              If you don't know something it's not healthy do speak badly about it "just because"...
              that's prejudice and it's the first step of a process that leads to racism and all that crap.

              On occasion prejudice can be good (if they tell you a snake is very poisonous you don't
              need to test it just because prejudice is bad... it's ok to have the "prejudice" of thinking
              it a dangerous animal ;°) but most times -and this thread proves to be a great example-
              it will limit your vision of life and deprive you of very positive experiences that could
              improve your quality of life many times...

              I strongly urge the readers of this thread who still haven't tried LOA (and all that "stuff")
              to research it, go to the library, read some books, get them on Amazon, try it and think
              for yourself what you think of it... don't be a victim of prejudice just because it sounds silly!
              ...and I agree: it does sound all silly and frilly and whimsical... but I can assure you it only
              "sounds" silly: it is in fact a very powerful and possibly life changing force!

              Well.. it was in my case and apparently for quite a few other people who chimed in on this
              thread :°)


              ciao,
              Saul
              Signature

              Ω OmegaRainbow - Player of Games! Ω

              | Youtube | Twitter | Google+ |

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[621069].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Richard A.Cox
                Originally Posted by Saul View Post

                it is in fact a very powerful and possibly life changing force!

                ciao,
                Saul

                There you go again.


                Why do you make the assumtion that I do not 'know' the subject?

                If you replicate Newton's experiments, you will find that gravity accelerates objects at exactly the rate predicted by the Law. The so-called "Law of Attraction" simply does not work like this. Actually, it doesn't work at all - simply wishing for something will not make it appear, and pretending that it does and that this is a Law like gravity, is naive childish gibberish.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[621085].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Saul
                  Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox

                  There you go again.
                  Why do you make the assumtion that I do not 'know' the subject?
                  I make that assumption because of what you write, which is the only means I have to make
                  such an assumption... what other means would I have?? We're on a forum, we don't know
                  each other, I'm speaking about something I know, and I assume you're not: that can be
                  gathered even just by quoting the following:

                  Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox

                  The so-called "Law of Attraction" simply does not work like this. Actually, it doesn't work at all - simply wishing for something will not make it appear, and pretending that it does and that this is a Law like gravity, is naive childish gibberish.
                  eheheh busted ;°)

                  If you had taken the time to read other people's posts, including the opening one, you
                  would have seen that no one claims that it's about "simply wishing". It's not. In fact
                  it's a lot more complicated than that and quite hard to do as well. For starters one has
                  to radically change their own mindset, like I did - and that ain't easy, believe me. Just
                  how passionately you bash the LOA without even knowing it proves how hard it can be
                  to embrace its principles.

                  Having yourself just proved (like I started suspecting, although initially I preferred to
                  think you at least tried it...never mind reading about it - I gave that for granted!) that
                  in fact you do not know much about the principles that go around the so called "law" of
                  attraction what's the point of debating it? Furthermore I should have left work 1/2 an
                  hour ago ;°)

                  On one thing I do very much agree with you, and although apparently you didn't notice it,
                  I did write it in my posts many times: the "law" of attraction isn't very much of a "law",
                  as much as it is a principle. An habit. A way of looking at life. No way it's anything
                  scientific, and -again- it's not an immutable law that always works. It doesn't. And if
                  you knew about it as much as you claim... well... you'd knew eheh

                  Nonetheless it is a beautiful way to approach life and it does bring amazing rewards if
                  you choose to trust these principles and suggestions. It's a philosophy of life and one
                  of the best I've ever read about.

                  Said this, feel free to moan and groan and complain about it... or about the people who
                  call it a law...gods forbid we use a catchy term to label something, who do we think we are?
                  Marketers?? or wait... ehr... LOL ;°)

                  Take care Richard, I'm going out for dinner so I'll read replies tomorrow, although it would
                  be really nice to read other people's opinions too... it seems like we are monopolizing this
                  thread, which can't be a good thing! eheheh

                  wishing life will offer you the best it can,
                  Saul

                  Ps. also I hope you're not taking this debate too personally, you can think the sky is purple
                  and grass is blue... and who am I to say you're wrong? But I do appreciate a lively debate
                  like this one is... as long as no one feels "attacked" in any way!
                  Signature

                  Ω OmegaRainbow - Player of Games! Ω

                  | Youtube | Twitter | Google+ |

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[621162].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author aapillc
                    I have actually enjoyed this debate. There is so much proof, from both sides, that the LOA works exactly as it is supposed to. You are what you think. EVERYTHING on this earth started as a thought, including the computers we are typing on, and this forum that allows us to converse...... ALL began as a thought or dream of someone's somewhere.

                    I once designed an electronic instrument in THOUGHT ONLY..... I designed it in my head for nearly six months, working out the kinks as I pondered its operation. When it came time to build it, I completed the task in less than two hours. In two short hours, I had a functional prototype that I then used to obtain a Patent for......ALL through thought first. During that six months, no one could have scientifically proven what was in my thoughts, they were a theory of how my product would function.

                    One thing that I have always found to be true, science does not have all of the answers. Science is a TOOL that we used to test, discover, and learn about things with. Just as with any tool, you must have the right tool for the job. Would you say that a Philips Head Screw does not exist because you can't use a wrench to work it? If the wrench represents science and you can not operate the screw with it, that doesn't mean the screw does not exist, you are simply using the wrong tool. Science is unable to prove MANY things that even Science itself believes to be true. We diligently work to stop or prevent diseases simply because we know they can be stopped if we apply ourselves to the task.

                    And so there it is, that is how the Law of Attraction works. You have the thought, it becomes a theory, you see the theory develop into a belief, and the belief leads you to find a way to make it work and PROVE IT.

                    Again I have enjoyed this whole thing.

                    Smiles,
                    Ken
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656651].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Richard A.Cox
            Originally Posted by Saul View Post


            Less than 10 days later I received a postcard from a dear family member living abroad...
            and guess what picture was on the card? A green turtle. Yeah, coincidence. Right.
            And how many coincidences do we need to choose it's not just a coincidence any more?
            Because judging by the huge literature that exists there are a LOT of people experiencing
            a LOT of coincidences around the world


            Thank you for proving my point.

            There is a true story about an Englishman who was in New York on business strolling along the sidewalk.

            He passes a ringing public payphone, and, out of curiosity, answers it.

            The person on the phone is known to him, it is a colleague from his London office.

            They had intended to ring someone else in New York, but mis-dialled and he happened to answer.

            Now here is the point.

            If he had been thinking about that person or his office, this event would have seemed like magic, or the LOA.

            But it would have happened anyway.

            People with flimsy belief systems are happy to attach the 'LOA" label when if works in their favour.

            But do not in the TRILLIONS of instances when it does not.

            You are fooling yourselves by attaching great importance to nothing more than a series of coincidences where you are the sole arbiter.

            For every LOA event that 'works' there are several trillion that do not - thereby disproving the theory, using the very same logic.

            so, to summarize.


            The 'Law' of Attraction is a fiction and does not exist in any way, shape or form.

            As long a you have faith in it, you will look for reasons to support it, so you don't look like an idiot. That is human nature.

            Give it up and get real.

            Life is much more fun that way.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[618720].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author garyt
              Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox View Post

              Thank you for proving my point.

              There is a true story about an Englishman who was in New York on business strolling along the sidewalk.

              He passes a ringing public payphone, and, out of curiosity, answers it.

              The person on the phone is known to him, it is a colleague from his London office.

              They had intended to ring someone else in New York, but mis-dialled and he happened to answer.

              Now here is the point.

              If he had been thinking about that person or his office, this event would have seemed like magic, or the LOA.

              But it would have happened anyway.

              People with flimsy belief systems are happy to attach the 'LOA" label when if works in their favour.

              But do not in the TRILLIONS of instances when it does not.

              You are fooling yourselves by attaching great importance to nothing more than a series of coincidences where you are the sole arbiter.

              For every LOA event that 'works' there are several trillion that do not - thereby disproving the theory, using the very same logic.

              so, to summarize.


              The 'Law' of Attraction is a fiction and does not exist in any way, shape or form.

              As long a you have faith in it, you will look for reasons to support it, so you don't look like an idiot. That is human nature.

              Give it up and get real.

              Life is much more fun that way.

              How do you know the guy wasn't thinking or having some postiive vibrations about his office or colleagues? If this is a true story, only the person involved knows (or maybe he may not even know it consciously).

              There are still lots of things we don't know about this universe. Quantum physics really opened my mind to this. Wave particle duality, entanglement, etc. There are simply mind bloggling. They show us that what we know may not be what it is after all
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657365].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author JoelMatthews
              Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox View Post

              Thank you for proving my point.

              As long a you have faith in it, you will look for reasons to support it, so you don't look like an idiot. That is human nature.

              Give it up and get real.
              The logic behind you trying to disprove it?

              Its human nature
              Signature
              Stop Spinning Your Wheels Trying To Get Started In Internet Marketing.
              Step By Step Guide To Starting Out In Online Marketing. FREE <<
              WANT TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH FAMILY?
              Your Total Wealth Solution.
              My Blog at Joel Matthews
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[874555].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author aapillc
            Saul,

            What was the Title of the book with the exercise with the feather?
            Ken
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656722].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author claycath
        So how do you change the current paradigm?
        Signature

        Cathy

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[879832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author whodoesdo
    Is this like that book "The Secret"? If you think hard enough the riches of the world will "come to you" I couldn't believe how popular that was. I thought the whole thing was a Load, but maybe that's just me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[618759].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard A.Cox
      Originally Posted by whodoesdo View Post

      Is this like that book "The Secret"? If you think hard enough the riches of the world will "come to you" I couldn't believe how popular that was. I thought the whole thing was a Load, but maybe that's just me.
      Yes that is what they are talking about, although the 'theory' pre-dates 'The Secret' by about a Century or so.

      As does theater.

      And illusionists.

      And Mediums.


      You get the idea.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[618766].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MovingAhead
        The Law of Attraction is a nice theory, but it doesn't work in the real world.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[619863].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Saul
          Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox View Post

          Thank you for proving my point.
          you're welcome, and thank you for proving mine

          Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox View Post

          The 'Law' of Attraction is a fiction and does not exist in any way, shape or form.
          I didn't want to dwelve in more-complicated-than-necessary stuff, but I think the universe
          is not a single universe. I think (after having read many purely scientific books on the matter
          of the universe, books that had nothing to do with "flimsy" things like the LOA) we live in
          a multiverse. Each of our own choices determines the nature of our universe.

          Most things are shared among the different "versions" but many are unique to mine, or your,
          universe.

          Case in point: you say the LOA doesn't work. I guess you have at least tried it and
          it must have failed (if you haven't even tried your opinion is based on prejudice and has
          therefore little value, which would mean I'm wasting time, so -since I hate wasting time-
          I'll assume you have tried and failed). The reasons for your failure can be many, nevertheless
          the fact is that for you it's not working. You now believe it doesn't work so -just
          as it should be according to LOA "rules"- it won't.

          It is a weird thing (if it works it works, if it doesn't it's still working... huh??), very close to
          a tautological definition or a circular thought, but there aren't many other ways to explain it.

          The only proof you'll ever believe is if it will work with you. Since you don't want it to work
          it won't work, further enforcing your belief. In turn the "universe" will register your will for
          it to not work (so that your point is proven) and to give you what you want (LOA in
          other words ;°) it will not work. Case proven? I would say not... the problem is that LOA,
          as I wrote earlier, is NOT a scientific matter, no one will ever be able to give you proof
          (other than their own experience which you'll dismiss, as you have, as coincidences) of
          the effectiveness of LOA: there is no objective material scientific proof to show you....

          Just like there isn't objective material scientific proof of many other things which are just
          theorized before someone finds a way to prove them... An ancient greek decided matter
          was made by little blocks that could not be divided ("atom" comes from the greek word
          meaning "that which cannot be divided"). His theories have been laughed at until some
          scientist proved that atoms did in fact exist. Then someone theorized that there could
          be smaller things... and after a while, again, it was scientifically proved.

          My point is that just because something hasn't been scientifically proved it doesn't mean
          it's not real... there would be no progress if we didn't believe in anything which hasn't been
          proved yet: it's not at all "scientific" to think that that which has not been proven is fake...

          in fact, that's what the church would say to Galileo and so many other scientists... "ooohhh
          you can't prove it, it's false, you'll burn in hell for just having suggested that the world
          goes around the sun... "... well... guess what? The world really did (and does!) go around
          the sun, even when they couldn't give any scientific evidence of the fact ;°)

          Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox View Post

          Give it up and get real. Life is much more fun that way.
          On this I beg to differ: not having money to pay the heating in winter or to put food on the
          table is not fun (and I mean it: i had to eat at other people's houses because I did not have
          enough money to do food shopping, never mind paying for bills...). I thank the universe
          every day for having provided tools (i.e. the right books at the right time) I could use at
          that time to get out of that baaaad situation. It worked, they helped me. It has been
          working since and life couldn't be more fun now that I have plenty of food on the table :°)

          But it's all a moot point: you will not be convinced by my babbling, so now I'll go and read
          your other thread and pick on you over there (just kidding, I'm not picking...I hope you
          see that I'm just trying to share my experience, it isn't my intention to force any view on
          anyone: we each build our universe to our pleasure and taste ;°)

          ciao,
          Saul

          Ps. just for the record I still haven't read or seen "the secret" so all I've been saying does
          not come from that book/film... we might say the same thing but that is because, like
          you said, "the secrete" is about something that was already known way before they spoke
          about it... in fact way before than just a century
          Signature

          Ω OmegaRainbow - Player of Games! Ω

          | Youtube | Twitter | Google+ |

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[620911].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Richard A.Cox
            Originally Posted by Saul View Post


            I didn't want to dwelve in more-complicated-than-necessary stuff, but I think the universe is not a single universe. I think (after having read many purely scientific books on the matter of the universe, books that had nothing to do with "flimsy" things like the LOA) we live in
            a multiverse. Each of our own choices determines the nature of our universe.

            Most things are shared among the different "versions" but many are unique to mine, or your, universe.
            Again, more psuedo claptrap

            Originally Posted by Saul View Post

            Case in point: you say the LOA doesn't work. I guess you have at least tried it and it must have failed
            You guessed wrong

            Originally Posted by Saul View Post


            in fact, that's what the church would say to Galileo and so many other scientists... "ooohhh you can't prove it, it's false, you'll burn in hell for just having suggested that the world
            goes around the sun... "... well... guess what? The world really did (and does!) go around
            the sun, even when they couldn't give any scientific evidence of the fact ;°)
            Two wrongs do not make a right
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[620936].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Saul
              Originally Posted by Richard A.Cox

              Originally Posted by Saul
              Case in point: you say the LOA doesn't work. I guess you have at least tried it and it must have failed

              You guessed wrong
              well that's a big waste of time then... does that mean you're just talking out of "hearsay"?

              lol... at this point it isn't even worth replying, since you're actually saying you don't know
              what we're talking about...but at least you've been honest about it ;°)

              And since your prejudicial position is not a good starting point for a healthy debate I'll drop
              it here.

              Two wrongs do not make a right
              But three lefts do! LOL :°)

              take care,
              Saul
              Signature

              Ω OmegaRainbow - Player of Games! Ω

              | Youtube | Twitter | Google+ |

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[621025].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Richard A.Cox
                Originally Posted by Saul View Post

                well that's a big waste of time then... does that mean you're just talking out of "hearsay"?

                lol... at this point it isn't even worth replying, since you're actually saying you don't know
                what we're talking about...but at least you've been honest about it ;°)

                And since your prejudicial position is not a good starting point for a healthy debate I'll drop
                it here.


                But three lefts do! LOL :°)

                take care,
                Saul


                So your mind is closed to debate?

                Interesting.

                As for your earlier point, I also have never built a jet engine, but I know they work.

                I have never seen a pixie, or investigated the possibilty of them existing, yet I am satisfied that they do not.

                To clarify, my argurment is with people who make statements as fact (invoking fictional laws), when they are in no position to do so.

                You use the word prejudicial.

                Ironic, that.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[621051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christie Love
    The key to making the LOA work for me is to maintain a level of high vibration throughout the day.

    Visualizing what you want for 5 minutes a day then feeling down about things the rest of the day is not going to help. You've got to keep that vibration going all day long. That's the key to manifesting your life perfect life.

    For all the skeptics, just try it and see. You might get a pleasant surprise.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WEALTHYME
    I agree the Law Of Attraction.
    This is like as "Auto-suggestion" which can activate your will-power.
    The Law Of Attraction makes opportunities come to you and you catch these opportunities to accomplish for your wealth.
    You must have strong desire and think again and again about for what you want.

    I have experiences that I got something if I have strong desire and think about it again and again. My weakness is that I am the one who is easy to be content.

    Can you share with your experiences...
    how do you make your desire to be stronger and stronger?
    how do you make step by step to attract more and more money?

    You can say repeately like as the following.
    1. The favor of God surrounds me and precedes me.
    2. The blessings of God are chasing me and overtaking me.
    3. Whatever I set my hand to shall prosper.
    4. My Heavenly Father gives me power to get wealth.
    5. God is liberally supplying all my needs according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.

    God Bless you all.

    Wish your dreams come true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[874309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adrian Cooper
    I wish everyone would stop talking about "The Law of Attraction" - it does not exist.

    The good news is however that Spiritually and Metaphysically we are infinitely more powerful than the so called "Law of Attraction" which strips people of their power.

    There is nothing "outside" of us and therefore nothing to "attract" and therefore no "law" that regulates it.

    The Secret and all the books it is based on is the product of seriously flawed thinking.

    Nothing exists except in the moment it is observed, and even then it does not "exist" it is only experienced in that moment.

    The power of this arises from the truth that your experience is expressed in any moment and can be changed in any moment.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[874673].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WEALTHYME
      [I wish everyone would stop talking about "The Law of Attraction" - it does not exist.] apc01 Veteran Marketing Warrior

      Actually, I also think there has no "The Law of Attraction".
      This is just a name for their philosophy to be named as "The Law of Attraction".

      They intend to inspire the people to exercise positive thinking, positive visualization, positive dreaming, positive talking, positive action which can lead the people to be prosperous in their body, soul and spirit( physically and spiritually).

      I have read in a translation book about auto-suggestion.

      A poor young man sufferred with tuberculosis and then he applied auto-suggestion (He didn't know about auto-suggestion). He thought positively and he made exercises to be strong his body that he will be healthy and healed from his tuberculosis. After years, he was healed from his tuberculosis without medication and his body was stronger and healthier than before.

      A middle aged married man who was a teacher had three young children. He thought about for his three children's future university education expenses. He can not support for his three children's university education expenses as his teacher's salary. He understood about auto-suggestion and must apply it to get more income opportunities for their family and he decided he will also work harder than before. And he also applied visualization as if his three children were already graduate.Then he found out that he had writing skill to write scripts and sent to newspaper press. Newspaper press used his scripts so he got more income. He thought that there were still not enough although now he got extra income from his scripts. He still applied auto-suggestion for more opportunities to get more income. And then one of his friends introduced to him to be insurance company agent as part-time job. In the beginning, he only got life insurance clients. Then he got opportunities to get fire insurance clients for companies and industries in his area. He got more and more income from fire insurance clients as he worked hard. Now his three children were already graduate as his imagination.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875162].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ian Jackson
        Hmm, this one's always an interesting debate

        I'm reading the LOA in the form of The Master Key by Charles Haanel. It's far from easy to put the lessons into practice, but it's working for me.

        IMHO accepting (or otherwise) the teaching is a state of mind, and my mind is in the state of accepting what I'm reading in Haanel's book. To anyone who disagrees with the teachings - fine, because that, IMHO is your state of mind, and opinion accordingly. You're perfectly entitled to it - as I am mine.

        All this borders on religion (belief) and I find too many people are too quick to impose their religion or beliefs on me. I wouldn't be as bigoted as to impose my beliefs on others. You trust/believe in what makes you happy, and I'll stick to what I trust/believe in.

        If anyone wants to tell me that Haanel's work is not the LOA because blah blah, no prob. I don't really care. For me the stuff works regardless.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875274].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle
          Originally Posted by Ian Jackson View Post

          If anyone wants to tell me that Haanel's work is not the LOA because blah blah, no prob. I don't really care. For me the stuff works regardless.
          To the rest of you... never underestimate how powerful the PLACEBO EFFECT really is. The LOA on rational thinkers has no effect, but to those who are irrational thinkers (and most people are... most of the time) it's amazing.

          Pick up a copy of PREDICTABLY IRRATIONAL by Ariely. He devotes a chapter to the placebo effect. It doesn't take much gray matter to understand how the same thing works with high priced info products.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875317].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Adrian Cooper
          Originally Posted by Ian Jackson View Post

          Hmm, this one's always an interesting debate

          If anyone wants to tell me that Haanel's work is not the LOA because blah blah, no prob. I don't really care. For me the stuff works regardless.
          You are correct. The names do not matter. But knowing how things really work is extremely empowering in that it brings with it the necessary Belief and Faith - in a Metaphysical/Quantum, not religious sense.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875461].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author strategic
            The principles behind focusing on what you want to attract into your life has been around forever.

            Successful people naturally gravitate to the principles that are promoted in The Secret and the Law of Attraction.

            All too many people are mired in negativity. And are determined to stay stuck in that mud, as it justifies their non-achievement and makes successful people just "lucky"...

            Yes, the harder I work, and the more focused I am, the more 'lucky' I become - lol!

            Call it by whatever name you want, the principles work, and always have... based on what you bring to them.

            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875507].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author a1journo
              Originally Posted by strategic View Post

              The principles behind focusing on what you want to attract into your life has been around forever.

              Successful people naturally gravitate to the principles that are promoted in The Secret and the Law of Attraction.

              All too many people are mired in negativity. And are determined to stay stuck in that mud, as it justifies their non-achievement and makes successful people just "lucky"...

              Yes, the harder I work, and the more focused I am, the more 'lucky' I become - lol!

              Call it by whatever name you want, the principles work, and always have... based on what you bring to them.

              Well put! Thats pretty much it really isn't it - positivity creates persistance - howver you look at it, if something gives you the faith to keep going, if you truly believe that you are going to succeed, then you it will be easier to face the hurdles you meet along the way.

              Whatever people use to help become who they want to be, surely we are in no position to criticise?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[878711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark 2
    Ok Vincent,

    Let's start implementing the LOA in it's true sense, all of us...

    Do you think all of us will move to same direction. And the resultant will be the same output. We all have same aim, same requirement almost.

    Only less than one percent of the population of world would have know about LOA how much in excess of their routine have they made?

    I strongly disagree to the most of the results claimed by LOA.
    Signature
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
    Home Funny Videos
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[874983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adrian Cooper
    The point I am making is that everyone has infinite powers to experience anything that can be imagined, but "attraction" has nothing to do with it and is misleading.

    One of the opening lines spoken in The Secret was something like "there is only one law, and that is attraction".

    Well attraction in this context does not exist, much less have a law that regulates it.

    The major issue is that while people think in terms of attraction - i.e. "attracting something to them that already exists out there" somehow, they are making it difficult for themselves.

    We Express our Experience as Source Energy. The more Source Energy we can Express in the direction of the Experience, the sooner it will be Experienced.

    The hardest thing for people to comprehend is that the physical Universe does not exist, Earth does not exist, the PC you are using does not exist, atoms and molecules do not exist, time does not exist - they are all holographic projections of the Subconscious Mind based upon sensory and neural feedback - all of which can be changed in a moment to something completely different.

    I refer to this as the "Experiential Loop".

    The issue is though that people instead of experiencing each moment react to what they believe is real, thereby perpetuating the illusion which become self-fulfilling.

    The Subconscious Mind will always ensure that Experience matches Expectations.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author morry
    While I believe that our thinking strongly influences our reality, I don't believe in the "Law" of attraction. If you do enough stuff, you'll eventually get something right. You can call it a coincidence or LOA or whatever, but thinking that thinking will automatically turn into reality is a load of rubbish.

    You have to go get it. Take responsibility for your life and stop expecting the universe to bring it to you. Yes, your brain will get you there, but you still have to go do stuff.

    If anyone wants to try and prove me wrong, please jump off a tall building and visualise yourself being able to fly*.

    Sean Morrissy

    *Please don't actually do this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[879636].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Allen Lewis
      Originally Posted by morry View Post

      While I believe that our thinking strongly influences our reality, I don't believe in the "Law" of attraction. If you do enough stuff, you'll eventually get something right. You can call it a coincidence or LOA or whatever, but thinking that thinking will automatically turn into reality is a load of rubbish.
      I agree with that. The problem with many people who fail is that they are either too negative or too positive, but they are not critical.

      They are either cynical or blind optimists. In other words, their emotions control all their critical decisions.

      That's why the media loves feeding us with crap. Because many people buy into the negativity or positivity without critically asking questions in their head.

      The Law Of Attraction is a nice, comforting idea. It makes people feel good (and if it gets people to think more abundantly, why not), but that's not the point. The point is to take massive action.

      Allen
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[880008].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Adrian Cooper
        Originally Posted by Allen Lewis View Post


        The Law Of Attraction is a nice, comforting idea. It makes people feel good (and if it gets people to think more abundantly, why not), but that's not the point. The point is to take massive action.

        Allen
        I don't want to encourage people not to take action, but I assure you that you can have anything you can imagine without taking any action once you know how the Universe really works.

        The Law of Attraction includes some important ideas that can make a difference, but plain and simple the LOA in and of itself is the product of ideas from 100 years ago that have been recently revived, and just plain wrong for the most part.

        I have attached an extract from this weeks newsletter to my subscribers that might help.

        I have written extensively on these subjects and currently writing a book.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[880041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
    I think this is the answer to whether the Law of Attraction works or not.

    In an objective world, the Law of Attraction does not exist.
    In an subjective world, the Law of Attraction exists.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[880710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheGodfather
    Lemme give you some REAL info on the law of attraction...

    I'm into occult so I do know what i'm talking about.

    At January I applied for a student loan. Nothing big, about $200 a month for expenses like food, books and stuff. So I did a Tarot reading (1500+ readings and still never missed a reading 100% allways correct ) and the reading said that i will get what i wanted (i.e. that being the loan). So I decide to let everything take it's flow and not do any rituals to speed it up.

    The whole situation took 6 months to settle in and for me to start receiving that loan (by this time I'm not in the need of it since summer is here and my academy year is at it's end ) but what made a BIG difference was that a night before I got my first $200 i did a strong Will projection (it's like doing a ritual only this doesn't work for most people). The VERY NEXT DAY here is what happened: I got a call from the bank that I am about to receive my first payment. I got a call from my future employer (I'm gonna work in a telephone company over the summer) wanting me to come for a job interview. The interview went awesome and I kicked ass ( i sold the director of the company his own products) he was so amazed that he offered me a better paying job and said that i'll be the first on the list when a new better paying job opens. For now I'll have 20kn / h (about $4/h) and later i'll have 25kn /h (about $5/h) and that kicks ass...

    so there you have it... If you want the law of attraction to work, You don't have to believe in it for it to work, you have to LIVE it and it will work.

    As the chaos theory put's it: fake it, till ya make it
    Signature

    TheGodfather

    Perception is reality

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[880787].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adrian Cooper
      Originally Posted by TheGodfather View Post

      Lemme give you some REAL info on the law of attraction...

      I'm into occult so I do know what i'm talking about.

      At January I applied for a student loan. Nothing big, about $200 a month for expenses like food, books and stuff. So I did a Tarot reading (1500+ readings and still never missed a reading 100% allways correct ) and the reading said that i will get what i wanted (i.e. that being the loan). So I decide to let everything take it's flow and not do any rituals to speed it up.

      The whole situation took 6 months to settle in and for me to start receiving that loan (by this time I'm not in the need of it since summer is here and my academy year is at it's end ) but what made a BIG difference was that a night before I got my first $200 i did a strong Will projection (it's like doing a ritual only this doesn't work for most people). The VERY NEXT DAY here is what happened: I got a call from the bank that I am about to receive my first payment. I got a call from my future employer (I'm gonna work in a telephone company over the summer) wanting me to come for a job interview. The interview went awesome and I kicked ass ( i sold the director of the company his own products) he was so amazed that he offered me a better paying job and said that i'll be the first on the list when a new better paying job opens. For now I'll have 20kn / h (about $4/h) and later i'll have 25kn /h (about $5/h) and that kicks ass...

      so there you have it... If you want the law of attraction to work, You don't have to believe in it for it to work, you have to LIVE it and it will work.

      As the chaos theory put's it: fake it, till ya make it
      Well you did all the right things, but it is still not The Law of Attraction

      Once you understand how these things really work it is extremely powerful.

      The PDF in my last message provides some insight.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[881063].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheGodfather
        Originally Posted by apc01 View Post

        Well you did all the right things, but it is still not The Law of Attraction

        Once you understand how these things really work it is extremely powerful.

        The PDF in my last message provides some insight.

        I think you don't understand that the Law of attraction, as you name it, is actually something much bigger then some PDF or any other book.... it's a cosmic force not definable by name or exact purpose... The Occult teaches us how to "control" (or in some literature - "bend") that force to our will. Weather we want to use that force to attract or to reject, kill, give life, help out or just punish is simply left to the person wanting to control that same force.

        There can't be a book or even several books that can explain that same principle. The author of "The Secret" merely touched on a subject that has been known by us occultists for century's.

        In fact, just try this.... use a mantra to get something that is in your "power" to obtain. (i.e. don't ask for a house, a million dollars and a jet, if you can't even afford to live the lifestyle that you live now) I use mantras often when I go gambling (I play roulette) here at the local casino and all I ask for is to obtain the result that has a probability to happen. And guess what? imagine going into a casino with $25 and coming out with $100 (a 400% profit ) cause that's what I do.. I'm not greedy so I ask for little because I know that I can get it if I ask for it the proper way.....

        Truth be told I can talk and talk about this subject all day and night but I don't wish to turn a marketing forum into a occult forum...
        Signature

        TheGodfather

        Perception is reality

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[881266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheGodfather
    Oh yeah and one more note about quantum mechanics (since i study that at collage) it only relates to small particles like electrons and other sub-molecular particles. Sure if you want to use it as a comparison then it can be used as a MODEL but not as a rule.

    Modern science only teaches us what Occultism has known for over 5000 years, the only difference is that today you have a mathematical formula to describe what we have been saying for the last 5000 years. It wasn't so long ago that science confirmed what the Cabala said over 2000 years ago - that light is energy.

    Us occultists consider that Occultism and Science were brother and sister that once parted from one another and are yet to rejoin themselves
    Signature

    TheGodfather

    Perception is reality

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[881277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adrian Cooper
      Originally Posted by TheGodfather View Post

      Oh yeah and one more note about quantum mechanics (since i study that at collage) it only relates to small particles like electrons and other sub-molecular particles. Sure if you want to use it as a comparison then it can be used as a MODEL but not as a rule.

      Modern science only teaches us what Occultism has known for over 5000 years, the only difference is that today you have a mathematical formula to describe what we have been saying for the last 5000 years. It wasn't so long ago that science confirmed what the Cabala said over 2000 years ago - that light is energy.

      Us occultists consider that Occultism and Science were brother and sister that once parted from one another and are yet to rejoin themselves
      The PDF - if you read it - was simply a few pages contained within my weekly newsletter.

      I have been involved in Spiritual, Metaphysics and Occult subjects for many years, and I am a best selling author of the subject.

      Quantum Mechanics simply confirms our relationship with our Source, and how we create our own Experience.

      All I am saying is that there is no "Law of Attraction" - it is used in the same contact as "hoover" for a vacuum cleaner.

      Law of Attraction is dis-empowering because it teaches all the wrong "methods" even though in so doing people invoke other forces that they may not be aware of and achieve results.

      I do agree that Science - Quantum Science anyway - will merge With Spirituality.

      In the meantime Quantum Mechanics conclusively proves that mainstream science has no basis, because the physical Universe has no basis.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[881454].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dndoseller
    I also think the time delay is a stumbling block.

    However, now I realize that in the past I gave up on the "wanting" because I did not see results...so then I got where I was focused - no where. Because I stopped intending.

    Now, no matter what my results are in the current moment, I will never "quit wanting" again.

    David Carradine had a great quote - "there are no failures in Hollywood, only people who stopped trying"

    When I look back at my past successes and failures that is the complete truth.
    Signature
    DanoSongs.com - Royalty Free Music for Marketing Videos

    No sign up required to try my music in your video.

    Just click to listen and download. No cost to try, only pay when you publish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[881530].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adrian Cooper
      Originally Posted by dndoseller View Post

      I also think the time delay is a stumbling block.
      Time is a human idea - it does not exist. It can be proven not to exist.

      There is only Now.

      Delays are the result of "time" associations. When time is removed it is instant - I know that to be true.

      Success in these matters really depends on overcoming a lifetime of programming and limited thinking by parents and society.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[881897].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chandni.dossani
        Try reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, it explains the law of attraction in depth. it really works!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[883165].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Adrian Cooper
          Originally Posted by chandni.dossani View Post

          Try reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, it explains the law of attraction in depth. it really works!
          For a very few people.

          The LOA does not exist. When people do succeed they have invoked other forces they are unaware of.

          The true power of the Mind is infinitely greater than anything written in The Secret which is based upon writings and ideas from 100 years ago.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[883472].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Danii Of Oz
            I absolutely believe in LOA without a shadow of a doubt. I have found more than enough evidence of its existence in my own life over the last few years. Being a daily journal writer it is clear to see when flicking back that I really have been getting what I thought about, the good and the bad stuff.
            Signature
            Happiness and success are states of mind - what state is your mind in?
            Learn to Massage | Beat The Summer Heat
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[883561].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mr. Subtle
              Originally Posted by Danii Of Oz View Post

              I absolutely believe in LOA without a shadow of a doubt. I have found more than enough evidence of its existence in my own life over the last few years.
              Anytime you (YOU as in the collective you) read a statement like this, you have to run it through The Baloney Detection Kit:


              Write down those 10 questions and always keep them handy.

              The "Law" of Attraction just doesn't make the cut. But, as I mentioned above (in another post)... never under estimate the power of the PLACEBO. Who you gonna believe... science or "without a shadow of a doubt" Danii?
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[911571].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
                Originally Posted by Mr. Subtle View Post

                Anytime you (YOU as in the collective you) read a statement like this, you have to run it through The Baloney Detection Kit
                I had a little thing I used to like doing to skeptical people when I was selling my services as an astrologer: I would make some mysterious hand gestures, and tell them I had just put the number 16 into their life. Then I would point around at a few things in the vicinity and explain how they were evidence of the number 16 in their life. And then I'd tell them to come back next week.

                A week later, I could bet on these people being at my table before I showed up to start doing charts, fidgeting and twitching with wild looks in their eyes.

                Of course, I didn't actually do anything. I told them something would happen, and they made it happen - not by changing reality, but by altering their perception. When I told them to look for the number 16 in their life, they started looking, and they found it. When they didn't find it, they shrugged and said "well it can't be everywhere". When they did, they went "OMG it's true!" - but things didn't change. They just started noticing.

                On another note, I just lost the game.

                The law of attraction is like that.
                Signature
                "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[920838].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author glide21
                  Indeed, all you have to do is watch Derren Brown and see the power of suggestion. This works for self suggestion too, by using loads of energy. But law? maybe, man made
                  Signature

                  To your success sunshine

                  Mark
                  Day Trading and Forex

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1369487].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author mumfry
            I my self am a very big fan of the law. Because it works
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[925719].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Thom Swartwood
            I find it very interesting that "The Secret" has garnered so much interest in the past couple of years. I ran across "The Secret" one night while trying to find a movie to watch on cable. We were using the On Demand service Time Warner Cable has and decided it looked interesting. My wife and I both watched it and thought it was fantastic.

            What I found so interesting is that I have know about the LOA as well as other Universal Laws for years. I can remember about 15 years ago I was reading a book which talked about the "Law of Abundance". According to this book I was suppose to write a check to myself and sign the check from the "Law of Abundance". I thought it was pretty silly, although I figured why not try it. I wrote out my check (on a blank piece of paper) made it out to me, signed it "Law of Abundance" and placed it in my wallet. I promptly forgot about it, within that week I received a check in the mail for quite a little sum of money. It was from an investment I made many years ago and forgot all about.

            It is absolutely true that what we think about, feel about and have passion towards comes our way. I also agree with many people here who have added one extra step to the LOA. That step is "action".

            Once again I believe their is a equation to success: what we might call the LOA Equation:
            An Idea(a thought/idea or what we want) + Passion (feelings of both having it and deserving it) + a Plan (look to others who have what you want and do what they do) + Perservence (a knowlege that it will happen, no matter what) + Action (active movement forward, purpose, when that little voice say go for it - DO) = Success

            People don't get what they really want for many reasons, the number one is lack of commitment. They start out all gung-ho and when it does not happen immediately, our instant gratification society, they say it is all garbage and go back to their normal way of thinking.

            Perservere and it will happen. When that opportunity comes up and your fist thought is to do it... DO It.. Your first thought is usually the best and the correct action. We all have a tendency to have a great idea and then we think about it more and more until we find all of the reasons it won't work, especially if it is out of our paradigm.

            I believe in the addage, Ready, Fire, Aim. Give passion and commitment to your ideas, and then go after them. We can always change our aim as we go. If all we do is aim.. we will never fire and we will never get what we want out of life.

            To your success,

            Thom Swartwood
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[928724].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author maxbest
            Law of attraction based on your thought that in your mind.

            Law of attraction really works, but for that you need three things:

            1) Belief 2)Desire 3)Expectation

            With this you should "SMART" about what do you want
            SMART means in long form - Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time bound.

            When you program about what do you truly want, you need first a desire, a seed of creation then expectation what you want to expect & unbreakable belief on power of mind.

            After that when you follow SMART formula, then no can stop you get what do you want.

            While these all things that described above are more than a law of attraction that gives you real success in any area of life.


            maxbest


            Signature

            Make smille for few movemants, see the best day is today !!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1369299].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author wilsniki
            Your Secret of Law Attraction is very useful,i really like it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1369375].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Ian Jackson
            Originally Posted by Adrian Cooper View Post

            For a very few people.

            The LOA does not exist. When people do succeed they have invoked other forces they are unaware of.

            The true power of the Mind is infinitely greater than anything written in The Secret which is based upon writings and ideas from 100 years ago.
            You haven't understood The Secret then, because it is exactly about the mind, and that [our] mind is a manifestation of the Universal energy

            Check out contributions from Phil here; he's got it right. First and foremost, we are "feeling" beings that "think"

            People succeed because they do things in a certain way - i.e. they adhere to the LofA, whether consciously or otherwise. If you disagree, well naturally, that's your prerogative... because that's how you FEEL about it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5899099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fypnlp
    the law of attraction does work. Still 'the secret' doesnt really reveal anything. Your better off reading the books called the Law of attraction' by ester hicks is a lot better or 'excuse me your ife is waiting' lynn garbonn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[883692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author frodoswami
    YES fypnlp, HICKS is the word. it works. To all Secrets followers, forget abt "The Secret" go directly to the source, the one that came up with LOA - Law of attraction, 15 or more years ago before The Secret:

    Get "The Secret Behind the Secret!" and intro to Abraham Hicks

    Have anyone seen it? I just love it!!

    Frodo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[883734].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wolf29
      I've seen the LOA work in my life many times now for good and bad. Just never knew what it was before. If you really think about it, there is no reality. Just what we believe or perceive to be reality.

      I can tell you you're great and others may agree, but if you believe you're a loser, what is reality? Only what you believe. So why not believe you're great, successful and happy.

      That's not to say I'm blind to what goes on the "world" but it's not my reality. Yes, the news talks about the recession we're in for example, but I'm not partaking in it. My reality is that there's still plenty of money to be made and there's enough for me as well. Not everyone is feeling the effects of the economy so why should I.

      As for the secret, it was good but leaves so much out on how it works. One of my favorites is The Science of Getting Rich. That's one of the books that started it all and is a great read. But even that is old news as the LOA was around since the beginning of time.

      The Bible itself is full of LOA theories. "Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him." Mark 11:23

      Basically.. ask, believe and know it's yours. Sure sounds like the LOA to me
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[899491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Good News Now
    I agree with Wolf29 Bible clearly points out the FAITH as important act in our lives . Faith is LOA
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[899794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clubvikram
    Banned
    Law of attraction is much being bandied about.i saw that secret book hanging in the neighbourhood book stores,it had very attractive cover and appeared to be promising but i didn't buy it since i was not carrying enough money.but now i feel i should buy it and find out if it really says some thing very revolutionary.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[909425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kanenala
    Great Post.. The Law Of Attraction is real and does work I have used it many times and have received what I asked for. Manifesting things is easy we do it all the time just not realizing it but stop for a second go back and think about all the things in your life you had really wanted or not wanted and see if you actually created that into your life you will be surprised.. at the answer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[919013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author itoro1
    The "Secret" to Success is . . . There is no Secret. Hard Work,Imagination and Persistence will get you there not buying motivational books/courses and making self-help guru's richer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[920729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carnews
    Well the LOA always worked for me. Only that I never knew it. I suspected somehow that i have an influence but never really understood how. However it always worked backwards for me.
    Signature
    Car News and Reviews - probably your next favorite auto blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1369457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glide21
    The law of gravity works on this planet under all circumstances, excpet when a vaccum is created, thus it is a law. The Law of attraction works (possibly) under a strict and limited set of condition and is thus a conjecture at best. That said, positive thinking et al is better for one anyway, but law it is not.
    Signature

    To your success sunshine

    Mark
    Day Trading and Forex

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1369469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rainspeak
    I appreciate your post and this discussion on the LOA. You mentioned gratitude which is key. There is really no point in trying to convince a non believer. Forgiveness is yet another important key. Forgiving others completely and clearing those negative blocks is extremely powerful. One should never focus on what they don't want or lack this is what sends mixed signals to the universe and gives the impression that the law isn't working. These are parts of the secret to the secret.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1373535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aatyum
    Hi.

    THERE IS A 'LAW OF ATTRACTION'.

    Tom
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5900212].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bushidosurfer
    Am a big fan of the Law of Attraction I've been applying it for a long time without knowing it consciously.

    From listening to Ester Hicks/Abraham's material have learned also the Law of Deliberate Creation and Law of Allowing. All cool stuff!

    They affect everything we do
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5922038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hireava
    Totally amazing insight. I agree that there should be a 50% of positive thinking, gratitude,thinking of what you want instead of what you don't want and 50% of action. The result will never be good unless you put an action about it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5923247].message }}

Trending Topics