My New Motivational Site...Your Thoughts?

12 replies
Hey everyone! I thought this would be the appropriate section to put this post in.

I have been into the motivational/inspirational field for many years now, probably since I was around 18 years old. After browsing through FB and seeing a ton of motivational pictures my partner and I decided to just make a site with all of them put together in one place.

The whole point of the site is to share "Images that Inspire" to help motivate someone to get through their day.

There's NO Monetization at all at the moment, since that wasn't the overall goal of the site. The goal is to spread the positive vibe. (call us crazy for not wanting to make money I guess..hahaha)

I would love to see what you fellow warriors think about the site since we all have the same positive mindsets here.

Also if you know of a way I could spread this site to others that may want to get motivated as well, feel free to inbox me and let me know!

Here it is.

Sharing Inpirational Quotes, Pictures & More | PixPirations.com

Also, if you know of any good authors I could add as well, that would be great!

Take care

-Omar
#inspiration #motivational #siteyour #thoughts
  • Profile picture of the author JustinP
    Great idea for a site. It should have mass appeal and something that could get some love on social sites.

    Would be a great site to do some paid discovery clicks on Stumbleupon. I've had some decent success with that in the past. Motivation/inspiration tends to get shared and "liked" a lot. Good luck with it, well done
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7091862].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
      Originally Posted by JustinP View Post

      Great idea for a site. It should have mass appeal and something that could get some love on social sites.

      Would be a great site to do some paid discovery clicks on Stumbleupon. I've had some decent success with that in the past. Motivation/inspiration tends to get shared and "liked" a lot. Good luck with it, well done

      Thanks a bunch! I appreciate your support! Yeah I am hoping it gets some social networking shares across the different platforms.



      -Omar
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7092019].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Harris
        Hey Omar,

        You have a nice, clean site that is easy to navigate,
        making it very user friendly..

        I think it has great potential to be very "viral"
        because if the niche you chose..

        I would be using your images on FB as a way of
        promoting it..

        Wish you all the best with it..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7092111].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
          Yep...I want to use those images and spread them around FB to hopefully start getting more interested people to the blog. I have not really promoted it much at all. Just been focusing on finding inspirational pictures up.

          Thanks for the advice!

          -Omar


          Originally Posted by quantumtiger View Post

          Hey Omar,

          You have a nice, clean site that is easy to navigate,
          making it very user friendly..

          I think it has great potential to be very "viral"
          because if the niche you chose..

          I would be using your images on FB as a way of
          promoting it..

          Wish you all the best with it..
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7092144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bonniecolvin
    I really like the look and easy navigation of your site, nice job! Are you considering making your website mobile-friendly or getting a mobile site?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7092195].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
      Originally Posted by bonniecolvin View Post

      I really like the look and easy navigation of your site, nice job! Are you considering making your website mobile-friendly or getting a mobile site?
      Thanks so much!

      Yep, I was looking into the mobile friendly site as well. I think eventually I will want the site to look good on a mobile.


      I appreciate your input!

      -Omar
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7092566].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bonniecolvin
        Originally Posted by OmarNegron View Post

        Thanks so much!

        Yep, I was looking into the mobile friendly site as well. I think eventually I will want the site to look good on a mobile.


        I appreciate your input!

        -Omar
        Sounds like you're on the right track, I just thought I'd ask because I often look at pictures just like yours on my phone and my friends' phones, so a mobile site might be a good investment Good luck!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7092998].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
          Originally Posted by bonniecolvin View Post

          Sounds like you're on the right track, I just thought I'd ask because I often look at pictures just like yours on my phone and my friends' phones, so a mobile site might be a good investment Good luck!

          Yes you are right! I will have to think of a simple design for the mobile version since that is my goal, to keep the site super simple.

          I will do some investigating when it comes to the mobile market some time in the future.

          =D

          -Omar
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7097594].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author IprovideSEO
            Hey I like the clean feel of the website but I have a couple suggestions for improvement.

            I would design a way to allow a user to stop an image from sliding on the home page or atleast be able to select it again without waiting.

            Also I would add an Inspirational Quote of the week Image somewhere, maybe on the left sidebar. That opens up possibilities like users sending you their inspirational quotes/pictures to be featured on your website for a week.

            Great idea for a website
            Signature
            Need high quality SEO services at the best price for your small business? Call today for a free SEO or Web Design quote!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7098163].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
              Originally Posted by IprovideSEO View Post

              Hey I like the clean feel of the website but I have a couple suggestions for improvement.

              I would design a way to allow a user to stop an image from sliding on the home page or atleast be able to select it again without waiting.

              Also I would add an Inspirational Quote of the week Image somewhere, maybe on the left sidebar. That opens up possibilities like users sending you their inspirational quotes/pictures to be featured on your website for a week.

              Great idea for a website
              Awesome stuff!

              I think in the main page, I can SLOW DOWN the images or even stop them from sliding. I will work on that.

              I like that other idea about the Quote of the week Section. That's a great way to keep the users engaged.

              I appreciate all your suggestions!

              -Omar
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7098708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author speedbird
    The site looks good but I believe you can improve on the design. The quotes are really great!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7100907].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OmarNegron
      Originally Posted by speedbird View Post

      The site looks good but I believe you can improve on the design. The quotes are really great!

      Glad you liked the quotes!

      What are some ways you think the design can be improved while continuing to keep it VERY simple.

      I would love to hear your suggestions as well.

      Thank you!

      -Omar
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7101480].message }}

Trending Topics