Personal Development forums - Any recommendations?

11 replies
As great as the Warriorforum is, it would be even greater if I could be part of any other online personal|business development communities.

Thanks in advance for reading and responding to this post. Until next time.
#development #forums #personal #recommendations
  • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
    This is a good one: www.selfgrowth.com

    Rose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7120219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmemo
    I appreciate you response Rose, but after checking out the sites discussion board, there apparently wasn't a lot of activity.

    Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Thanks!!

    ex. There was an active site by Steve Pavlina, that was pretty decent, until he closed it.
    Signature
    eBiz Mastermind Group. Interested? PM me for details.
    === To a successful year and beyond!! ===
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7120424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon Ashari
      Originally Posted by affmemo View Post


      ex. There was an active site by Steve Pavlina, that was pretty decent, until he closed it.
      Why did he close his forum?

      I liked a few of his blog posts and would have loved to have gone through any forum he was connected to.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7125053].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author affmemo
        I actually saw a post about this somewhere else, that had a link to why Steve closed it.

        Just Google the keywords 'steve pavlina closes forum' for the links.

        And yeah, when his forum was active, it was active. Ahh well. Moving on.

        Originally Posted by Simon Ashari View Post

        Why did he close his forum?

        I liked a few of his blog posts and would have loved to have gone through any forum he was connected to.
        Signature
        eBiz Mastermind Group. Interested? PM me for details.
        === To a successful year and beyond!! ===
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7126368].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author affmemo
          Thanks for the idea Paul, I'm actually on that right now. But, the topic is more broader than P.D. and is about being successful in this online business industry.

          And you are correct about there being a lack of action takers. I'll admit to being that many times; but at least I'm taking action on learning how to take action. It's a process that's been taking me some time, due to being so overwhelmed by the amount of things I had to learn (and still learn) in this online business industry ( in my case, that would be Affiliate Marketing) .

          Originally Posted by Paul Gram View Post

          If I were you, I'd try to find (or create) a mastermind of like minded people who are interested in personal development. Many of those types of forums are full of people who like to "talk" about it but not "do" it. I'm not aware of a good one although maybe there is one out there somewhere.
          Thanks for this too. It's a perspective that I obviously share.

          Not everyone is a superstar at anything day one; most have to work at it ( some more than others). This is partly reason I get so annoyed and frustrated with so many of these Gurus, who forget that they were once fumbling around, trying to figure things out too. And in many cases, the reason they got to so-called Guru status, is partly because of the resources they already had at there disposal to fast track there success in this industry. ex. Money, connections, prior business experience, etc.

          Originally Posted by Ernie Lo View Post

          Nope you're wrong. Personal development is real and works if you put the work in. It's not a magic bullet just like anything else. Some may not require it, but many could benefit from it.
          Well, that is all I have for now.

          Again, thanks for allowing me to express myself. - The Warriorforum is awesome!!
          Signature
          eBiz Mastermind Group. Interested? PM me for details.
          === To a successful year and beyond!! ===
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7126439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bluestarace
    Here's one:-

    ENotAlone
    Signature

    Email me with your content writing needs at awriter4@gmail.comDescramble this word " LPIEKC" and use it as your subject line to earn a 10% discount on your order with me

    Whatever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it, they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.~ Walt Disney.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7120569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Will Edwards
    As you say, Steve Pavlina's is gone, but here's a couple ...

    Personal Development Forum

    Will
    Signature
    Whether you are a Reader, an Author or a Website Owner, we have something for you!

    Books that Inspire
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7120991].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author affmemo
      Hey Will,

      I actually just saw a thread of yours that had a link to your IM course|mentoring program. As well as, I saw some of your Youtube vids. Great stuff, man.

      So, since I have your attention here, I was wondering if you help Affiliate Marketers become successful as well?

      ** Actually, if anyone else is reading this, I'm always on the lookout for any recommendations for Affiliate Marketing mentoring - free or paid. Just so long as the mentor|coach is at least patient enough to work with the newbies in the industry.

      Oh, I forgot to mention the reason why I was interested in the P.D. community. It's because it is always great to have available folks who are about positive personal and business progress, to keep one going.

      Originally Posted by Will Edwards View Post

      As you say, Steve Pavlina's is gone, but here's a couple ...

      Personal Development Forum

      Will
      Signature
      eBiz Mastermind Group. Interested? PM me for details.
      === To a successful year and beyond!! ===
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7122835].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Will Edwards
        Originally Posted by affmemo View Post

        Hey Will,

        I actually just saw a thread of yours that had a link to your IM course|mentoring program. As well as, I saw some of your Youtube vids. Great stuff, man.

        So, since I have your attention here, I was wondering if you help Affiliate Marketers become successful as well?

        ** Actually, if anyone else is reading this, I'm always on the lookout for any recommendations for Affiliate Marketing mentoring - free or paid. Just so long as the mentor|coach is at least patient enough to work with the newbies in the industry.

        Oh, I forgot to mention the reason why I was interested in the P.D. community. It's because it is always great to have available folks who are about positive personal and business progress, to keep one going.
        Hi There

        Thanks for the question. The idea of my Mentoring Course is to help people to create their own successful online business - whatever is right for you. There is no reason you could not promote products as an affiliate. Here's some details of what it covers ...

        Personal Mentoring – What’s in the Course?

        Will
        Signature
        Whether you are a Reader, an Author or a Website Owner, we have something for you!

        Books that Inspire
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7125032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Gram
    If I were you, I'd try to find (or create) a mastermind of like minded people who are interested in personal development. Many of those types of forums are full of people who like to "talk" about it but not "do" it. I'm not aware of a good one although maybe there is one out there somewhere.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7125164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stan22
    "Personal development" term is a misnomer.
    Don't waste your time with all the merchants of false hopes.
    Best way to advance yourself is to read "Power vs. Force" by Dr David R. Hawkins.
    Signature
    Domain Names with high potential & low price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7125239].message }}

Trending Topics