As a result, it is something that can be worked on and improved every day.
Below are ten ways to improve your level of belief every day -
1. Go for a long walk - This may seem like a strange item to be at the top of the list. However, anytime that I have been down or not believing in myself, I realized that it was because I was not in action. Now, when I am completely sedentary and not moving forward, I usually can not figure out what I need to do. However, I always know that I can go for a walk. Getting the body moving starts getting the mind moving in the direction and gives me positive thoughts. Positive thoughts lead to positive actions. Positive actions lead to positive successes and an increase in the level of success.
2. Read about success stories - No matter what you are trying to do. Somebody has done it before or somebody has done something similar. That means if any person can do something then it is very likely that any person can accomplish the same goal. When you read a story about somebody who was successful in your area, then you can begin to realize that you can do the same thing that this person did. You are not really different than anybody else who is successful. Most likely that person just took more action than you did and dealt with the fear and anxiety that you may be facing right now.
3. Listen to music that gets you pumped up - Similar to going for a walk, belief comes when you feel good. A great way to shift your mood and increase your level of belief is to listen to some music that gets you excited and pumped. Music can connect you to a memory from the past or an experience that you want to relive or re-experience.
4. Create a plan and work that plan - My belief is directly related to the action that I am taking in my life. One of my biggest challenges is to believe that I what I am doing is leading me towards success. If I am challenging the actions that I am taking when I am taking them, then it is very unlikely that I will have experience the success that I want to experience. However, if I separate the planing process from the execution process, then I can ask myself while I am planning whether or not the plan I have is going to be effective in the long run. Most importantly, when I am executing, I do not have to worry about success. I just have to worry about executing my plan.
Take a Break and listen to John Mayer's song - Belief
5. Reward yourself for little successes - This is something that I avoided for a long time. When I started to implement rewards for little successes, my little success began to stack on top of each other and became big successes. It is simple as that. You may be quite a few days from your major success. You may get there without any rewards but why risk it. A reward reminds you that you are on the right track. Give yourself minor rewards along the way and you will have more fuel to face the next plateau.
6. Create a success statement in present tense - This is the common advice that we are given related to success. A lot of people assume that there success is somewhere out there in future. The problem is that if you do not have clarity about this date and cannot relate to it like it is here now, it is not very likely that it will every come to you. Pick a date in the not to distant future and figure out what the experience is going to be on that day. Write it out so you can experience that feeling every day.
7. Realize that you are going to die one day (it does not really matter) - This is a great pressure relief. Although you are the center of the universe, most people are not really focused on you. How many days to you think about the life of your great grandfather? Probably not that many. The point is that you do not need to put too much pressure on yourself. Relax and do what you need to do or don't do what you need to do. In the end it really does not matter that much in the grand scheme of things.
8. Do a LITTLE better each day - If you follow this lesson, you will eventually hit the success that you are seeking. The most important thing is that you DO each day. When you are taking action, then you want to repeat the action and then figure out how you can do it a little better the next day. It is as simple as that. Have incremental increases each day and you will find yourself making major changes over a long period of time.
9. Get enough sleep - Some of you do not need a lot of sleep. However, for me (and probably for most of us), sleep is required to have a clear mind. When your mind is clear, there is room for belief and for success. If you do not get enough sleep, then you may face a fuzzy mind and lot of other junk will get in the way of your success.
10. Eliminate something that does not work in your life - This is key. To get done what you need to get done, you need to do the right things. Conversely, you need to stop doing the things that do not work and are in the way of your success. You have a couple of choices in this matter - 1. You can keep doing those things. 2. You can procrastinate on doing those things. 3. You can eliminate those things completely.