No one believes in you!

26 replies
What'sup Warriors!

What you think of the title? Pretty negative right? Well believe it or not, this is a very positive thread! The title is a just a way to grab your attention!

Family, friends, strangers, it's likely that none of them believe in you! There's always going to be the odd exception where one person has 110% belief that you will achieve your goals and ambitions. But more often than not, they won't be like that.

For me, most of my friends and family don't think that I will succeed! In fact, some of them disapprove of my outlook on life and I think that's great! I truly do appreciate their honesty. I don't agree with their opinions but I don't argue over it, I accept reality and keep on working.

What does bug me is when people say they have faith in you when they actually don't! I have recently told people to be honest about it, tell me!

At this point, you're like "Why would you want criticism to and to feel that no one actually believes in you?". Well, it's my life, not theirs! I believe in myself, and to be frank, knowing that not that many others do, is a great source of motivation!

I learnt today that it's okay that no one believes in you, I accept that. I shouldn't worry about it, I should just get my a** in gear and prove them wrong!

Don't let others affect you! You're quite capable of making success happen. You just need to do it! No more wasting time, just start working right now! Forget about what others think, you're the one working to be successful!

Good luck!

Joe Crosbie,
#believes
  • Profile picture of the author Terry Coombes
    Nice post Joe.
    Whenever I'm feeling like I'm on my own, I think about the lines from Rudyard Kipling's "If":

    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
    But make allowance for their doubting too.

    That second line reminds me not to dismiss comments out of hand just because they disagree with me. At the same time don't give up even if everyone says you're wrong.

    It's true that self-belief counts for a lot in the struggle for success.

    Regards,

    Terry
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7780502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Heart Cardio
    Only you can do what you believe is best for you. I know that I have the support of my family for what I am doing. But I am driven to succeed and they do see that. But even if they did not understand it, I would still do it. You have to believe in yourself, even if others do not. If you believe in yourself then anything can happen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7780782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimK06
    Wow! This is awesome! Yes, there are a lot of negatives in the road of positivity at times, but I just take my licks and keep ticking.

    With internet marketing for some reason people looking on as you venture out into this business think the steps to having an online career should be like this" Step 1: Start a business. Step 2: Cash out."

    My response is always in what business have you ever saw a long term business become successful that quickly? It takes time. Just like in any other business you have to learn the ins & outs.

    You've gotta figure out what works for you, what doesn't work for you, what to implement to get better results, track analytics, a/b split testing, and much more.

    So sometimes it can get frustrating when people are saying maybe you should do something else for right now and when you're in a better place you can play on your computer and if it works it works.

    They just don't understand that what I'm doing is my way to a better situation and I think sometimes the most pressure comes when you don't know many successful people and that doubt is in the back of your mind saying "what makes you any different?"

    I've given up(not officially but by my actions) a few times, but I keep coming back and each time I come back I get closer to becoming successful and I keep learning which is a form of success in its own right. So thanks for this post! It couldn't have possibly came at a better time.

    Kind Regards
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7780841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonChoi
    If no one believe in you, see it as a test of your commitment to success!

    The reason they don't believe in you is because they are projecting their fears into whatever it is you are doing. They don't believe in you because the truth is they don't believe in themselves and since they don't think they can do it, they project that into you.

    Perhaps the most compassionate thing you can do is prove them wrong, so they can see the possibilities of what they can do once they see what you've done!
    Signature
    ================================================== ================
    >>>14 Top Entrepreneur Experts Show You How To Own Your Financial Lifestyle <<<
    ================================================== ================
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7780950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kellyyarnsbro
    Nice one. If you don't believe in yourself then who else will. And if you don't have trust in yourself then who else will trust you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7782475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Japles
    Originally Posted by Joe Crosbie View Post

    What'sup Warriors!

    What you think of the title? Pretty negative right? Well believe it or not, this is a very positive thread! The title is a just a way to grab your attention!

    Family, friends, strangers, it's likely that none of them believe in you! There's always going to be the odd exception where one person has 110% belief that you will achieve your goals and ambitions. But more often than not, they won't be like that.

    For me, most of my friends and family don't think that I will succeed! In fact, some of them disapprove of my outlook on life and I think that's great! I truly do appreciate their honesty. I don't agree with their opinions but I don't argue over it, I accept reality and keep on working.

    What does bug me is when people say they have faith in you when they actually don't! I have recently told people to be honest about it, tell me!

    At this point, you're like "Why would you want criticism to and to feel that no one actually believes in you?". Well, it's my life, not theirs! I believe in myself, and to be frank, knowing that not that many others do, is a great source of motivation!

    I learnt today that it's okay that no one believes in you, I accept that. I shouldn't worry about it, I should just get my a** in gear and prove them wrong!

    Don't let others affect you! You're quite capable of making success happen. You just need to do it! No more wasting time, just start working right now! Forget about what others think, you're the one working to be successful!

    Good luck!

    Joe Crosbie,
    Couldn't have said it better Joe

    The comments I have heard the past few weeks:

    Roommate 1 - " You're a dumb*** for believing you can make money online"

    Roommate 1 - "Oh no Josh, what are you reading?? You know none of that will actually work" (Upon seeing me reading "The 4-Hour Workweek" by Tim Ferriss. Very good book by the way. Reading it through a 2nd time.)

    Roommate 2 - "I am going to laugh when you make $0"

    Mother - "And then you're going to get a "real" job right?" (After trying to explain to her my online business plan. This one stung a little)

    Girlfriend - "Is this your get rich quick scheme?"

    Well to answer her question, I don't believe in "get rich quick schemes."

    I believe in hard work and I believe in smart work.

    I have realized that it is impossible to explain to these people that making money online isn't a "lazy lifestyle," it is a smart lifestyle. People associate working from home with being "lazy and selfish" when in reality, it is the exact opposite.

    Think of how much time you waste in a normal job. Surely not everyone takes 8 hours each and every day to accomplish their work. Some people finish in only a couple hours and then must "act" like they are working until they are allowed to be free. Getting paid for your time doesn't make sense. Getting paid for results does.

    Anyways, I am digressing. But the point is that I have yet to meet one person who believes in me. And the strange thing is, I prefer this. I have gotten so much work done in the past few weeks because no one believes I can do it. If I had someone holding my hand and telling me everyday that I am just the greatest person ever and could make 1 million dollars by tomorrow if I wanted to, I would probably either puke or sit around on the couch all day eating Cheetos.

    You are not growing unless you are uncomfortable. I don't let anyone tell me I cannot do something and I will work my butt off to prove them wrong. Negativity is great motivation, IF you know how to channel it. Keep doing what YOU believe in and soon all the others will be begging you to teach them your ways.
    Signature

    YOU are awesome :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7782805].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author namktqs
      Believe in ourselves is great mind. However we need work hard to get knowledge and build something. If we choose work for our dream and believe in that will become true, that is you work for yourself and that is good feel.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783077].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MaxTheMarketer
      Originally Posted by Japles View Post

      Couldn't have said it better Joe

      The comments I have heard the past few weeks:

      Roommate 1 - " You're a dumb*** for believing you can make money online"

      Roommate 1 - "Oh no Josh, what are you reading?? You know none of that will actually work" (Upon seeing me reading "The 4-Hour Workweek" by Tim Ferriss. Very good book by the way. Reading it through a 2nd time.)

      Roommate 2 - "I am going to laugh when you make $0"

      Mother - "And then you're going to get a "real" job right?" (After trying to explain to her my online business plan. This one stung a little)

      Girlfriend - "Is this your get rich quick scheme?"

      Well to answer her question, I don't believe in "get rich quick schemes."

      I believe in hard work and I believe in smart work.

      I have realized that it is impossible to explain to these people that making money online isn't a "lazy lifestyle," it is a smart lifestyle. People associate working from home with being "lazy and selfish" when in reality, it is the exact opposite.

      Think of how much time you waste in a normal job. Surely not everyone takes 8 hours each and every day to accomplish their work. Some people finish in only a couple hours and then must "act" like they are working until they are allowed to be free. Getting paid for your time doesn't make sense. Getting paid for results does.

      Anyways, I am digressing. But the point is that I have yet to meet one person who believes in me. And the strange thing is, I prefer this. I have gotten so much work done in the past few weeks because no one believes I can do it. If I had someone holding my hand and telling me everyday that I am just the greatest person ever and could make 1 million dollars by tomorrow if I wanted to, I would probably either puke or sit around on the couch all day eating Cheetos.

      You are not growing unless you are uncomfortable. I don't let anyone tell me I cannot do something and I will work my butt off to prove them wrong. Negativity is great motivation, IF you know how to channel it. Keep doing what YOU believe in and soon all the others will be begging you to teach them your ways.
      I can completely relate to the parent's comment as my parents are the same since I am young (24 YO) and they want me to get a "real" job as they have been raised to believe that it is the only way to make a living.

      I want to make money by helping people and then get my father and my mother off their regular 9-5 jobs so they can enjoy doing what they like, my mom loves taking dog to "beauty contents" and my father needs to lose weight (LOL, but with all love intended saying this).

      I have heard some acquaintances tell me, "Max, you will NEVER make a million dollar!" while the guy saying it is slightly overweight and is a very young truck-driver.

      It is understandable that he would say something like this. Because, if he believes in me, it also reflects his own reality and situation and whether he is happy with that or not.

      By pushing and trying to keep me down, my "friends" can feel better about themselves. But I am thinking of actually getting new "friends".

      Furthermore, I totally agree with hard PLUS smart work. Slaves work hard, but it ain't the "smartest" way of working (indeed most of them did not choose their jobs).
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7784893].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Japles
        Originally Posted by MaxTheMarketer View Post

        I can completely relate to the parent's comment as my parents are the same since I am young (24 YO) and they want me to get a "real" job as they have been raised to believe that it is the only way to make a living.

        I want to make money by helping people and then get my father and my mother off their regular 9-5 jobs so they can enjoy doing what they like, my mom loves taking dog to "beauty contents" and my father needs to lose weight (LOL, but with all love intended saying this).

        I have heard some acquaintances tell me, "Max, you will NEVER make a million dollar!" while the guy saying it is slightly overweight and is a very young truck-driver.

        It is understandable that he would say something like this. Because, if he believes in me, it also reflects his own reality and situation and whether he is happy with that or not.

        By pushing and trying to keep me down, my "friends" can feel better about themselves. But I am thinking of actually getting new "friends".

        Furthermore, I totally agree with hard PLUS smart work. Slaves work hard, but it ain't the "smartest" way of working (indeed most of them did not choose their jobs).
        Exactly!

        I am 20 years old and share some of the same interests you have. That's why I love the WarriorForum. We all know what it's like to be laughed at and we are ok with that because we believe in ourselves! And when we come on this forum, we know that we will be surrounded by people who believe in us and share our same interests. It's refreshing to find like-minded people who share your vision.

        I want to be financially free to not only help myself, but to help others around me as well. I want to show those who do not believe in me just how powerful this stuff really is and then help them to achieve their goals.
        Signature

        YOU are awesome :)

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787145].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Terry Coombes
          Originally Posted by Japles View Post

          Exactly!

          I am 20 years old and share some of the same interests you have. That's why I love the WarriorForum. We all know what it's like to be laughed at and we are ok with that because we believe in ourselves! And when we come on this forum, we know that we will be surrounded by people who believe in us and share our same interests. It's refreshing to find like-minded people who share your vision.

          I want to be financially free to not only help myself, but to help others around me as well. I want to show those who do not believe in me just how powerful this stuff really is and then help them to achieve their goals.
          I love this post Japles because it sums up for me what the Warrior Forum is all about.
          I'm over three times your age and I have exactly the same hopes and ideals as you.
          The thing that keeps us all going is the attitude that says, "Believe in yourself and never, EVER give up."
          It has nothing to do with age, gender, nationality, politics, religion, etc.
          I still have an absolute certainty that I'll be a multi-millionaire in the not-too-distant future and when I get there, I'm going to do great things for people's lives.
          One of my passions is to campaign for ways to provide meaningful work for all who want it.
          I heard a quote yesterday from some top business guy where he said, "You breathe the same air as a billionaire." That's the kind of throw-away remark that keeps me motivated.
          Regards,

          Terry
          Signature


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787989].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Japles
            Originally Posted by Terry Coombes View Post

            I love this post Japles because it sums up for me what the Warrior Forum is all about.
            I'm over three times your age and I have exactly the same hopes and ideals as you.
            The thing that keeps us all going is the attitude that says, "Believe in yourself and never, EVER give up."
            It has nothing to do with age, gender, nationality, politics, religion, etc.
            I still have an absolute certainty that I'll be a multi-millionaire in the not-too-distant future and when I get there, I'm going to do great things for people's lives.
            One of my passions is to campaign for ways to provide meaningful work for all who want it.
            I heard a quote yesterday from some top business guy where he said, "You breathe the same air as a billionaire." That's the kind of throw-away remark that keeps me motivated.
            Regards,

            Terry
            Awesome Terry!

            Cool quote too. A reminder that we all have the potential to do great things but only some people act on it.

            Wishing you the best,

            Josh
            Signature

            YOU are awesome :)

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7791660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MsHeart
    If nobody believes in you and you still make it and succeed, it will feel good to show them. Not that they will understand any of this anyway. My boyfriend thinks I'm making all my money writing articles as this is something he can understand, whenever I try to explain about IM and affiliate marketing I hit a wall. One day he saw MY payday loans affiliate site that was open on my laptop and actually thought I don't make any money online and instead I take loans to support myself
    Signature

    How about some FREE unique handwritten articles for your website, blog, SEO, guest posts, etc?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jay walters
    I believe this is what they called being secure even though lots of people may criticize you. It is because you already saw your purpose and your success in the future that you don't have to prove them what you are capable of. I believe that it is a good attitude and a trait. Keep up the good work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CamisOnline
    Dear All, thanks for the post and everyone who has contributed.

    Dear Japles

    Thanks for the below:

    Getting paid for your time doesn't make sense. Getting paid for results does.
    True and to the point
    Signature
    CamisOnline - 30 Day Free Trial - No Contracts! - Online Business Administration Solution
    Customer Relationship Management - Quotes - Sales Orders - Dispatches - Invoices - Suppliers - Purchases - Document Management - Stock Control - Business Reports
    Find us at: www.camisonline.net
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783442].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Japles
      Originally Posted by CamisOnline View Post

      Dear All, thanks for the post and everyone who has contributed.

      Dear Japles

      Thanks for the below:



      True and to the point
      Glad you found something useful in my rant
      Signature

      YOU are awesome :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7784606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vallank2
    Let me get on my Soap Box before I jump through the secreen.......Okay, where does it say anywhere that you have to "tell everybody", in fact Bob Proctor, Napoleon Hill and others explicitly warn against such things as this.

    Listen folks, I believe it is VERY IMPORTANT that "1" person knows everything. Someone you can confide in, trust, Mastermind with. But NOT the whole world.

    My suggestion is to not only read the classics such as Think and Grow Rich--Napoleon Hill, You Were Born Rich--Bob Proctor, As A Man Thinketh--James Allen (those are my top 3 recommendations, but there are others as well that I can suggest.

    Reading is not enough, you must apply what you read by taking massive action and follwing direction and the suggestions as they have outlinned.

    Just My Take
    Lank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7785337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author admike
    I think If you had some sucess in life, you can move past the point where you take the fact that others dont believe in you, as something to use to fuel your ambition.

    I've been there, and honestly, it wont really feel that good showing of your BMW or whatever to the people that didnt have faith in you, it just doesnt matter.

    You should be going after your dreams primarily in a positive light, where you think of it as something that lets you enjoy life more and you can provide for yourself and whatever family you have.

    Leave the negativity behind you and dont care about other people too much... This is the way to a healthy life.

    I was personally very much that guy that wanted to show the world, and im not anymore. But being more at peace with myself and the world hasn't lowered my productivity.

    All the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790607].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author admike
      If you use pain for motivation in life, you are setting yourself up on the wrong path, that will ultimately lead to depression.

      And please only try to help people that want to be helped, very few people are willing to share your view on the world, even if you have success to back it up.

      Business is only one part of life guys...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author krithikai
    dear fellow warriors

    I agree with the above observations. But there are instances where whatever work and effort you put in, there is no success. We forget one element called luck. There should be lots of it to succeed. Pl remember that our job is to act and the decision of whether we succeed or not is not in our hands. Keep and keep on doing what you feel is right
    There could be times when others become right when they say that we will not achieve anything. It is not because of their knowledge. It is because God destined us not to suceed.
    Prayer and Hard work is bound to suceed one day or the other.
    Best
    krithikai
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7791746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evocess
    Great post Joe.
    If no one believes in you the hell you care.
    It is a proof of being a different person.

    You just need to believe in yourself even though somebody don't.
    Get your a** off and do the things that you need to do. Leave the doubts to them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7791916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Banned
    The best thing in the world is to not have people believe in you because it gives you thick skin. I imagine thats why reality tv stars and even some marketers have succeeded because they were bold enough to put themselves out there for ridicule, and, embarrassment to reach a goal. Although, I don't admire many reality tv stars they are a prime example of going after a goal no matter what.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7792464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kumargauraw
    Hello Joe,

    Excellent post and indeed the content is very motivating though the title is attention grabber. Nice work.

    Well, I read a book "Double Your Contacts" by Les Dublin. An absolutely incredible book on list building and contacting for businesses that require person to person marketing.

    In the book, Les says, "Your friends and family is not to help you achieve your goals. In fact, they serve you by testing your character. They are there to test what are you made up of."

    And I tell you, he couldn't be more right. I've seen many entrepreneurs let their family members and close friends steal their dream of success with one little negativity.

    However, I chose to stand tall. I chose to keep standing and keep on keeping on. I decided to flush out the NOs to get to the YESes and guess what, I was blessed. The question really is, are you still standing when the dust settles? And if you do, the world will pay you the due respect in due time.
    Thank you for such an excellent thread. Enjoyed contributing here.
    Regards,
    Kumar
    Signature
    Personal Branding Coach & Social Media Strategist
    Get Kumar's Personal Branding GPS eBook for FREE
    Company: Krishna World Wide
    Services: Entrepreneurship Programs, Social Media Coaching, Brand Development Services & Coaching.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794935].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Terry Coombes
      Originally Posted by kumargauraw View Post

      Hello Joe,

      Excellent post and indeed the content is very motivating though the title is attention grabber. Nice work.

      Well, I read a book "Double Your Contacts" by Les Dublin. An absolutely incredible book on list building and contacting for businesses that require person to person marketing.

      In the book, Les says, "Your friends and family is not to help you achieve your goals. In fact, they serve you by testing your character. They are there to test what are you made up of."

      And I tell you, he couldn't be more right. I've seen many entrepreneurs let their family members and close friends steal their dream of success with one little negativity.

      However, I chose to stand tall. I chose to keep standing and keep on keeping on. I decided to flush out the NOs to get to the YESes and guess what, I was blessed. The question really is, are you still standing when the dust settles? And if you do, the world will pay you the due respect in due time.
      Thank you for such an excellent thread. Enjoyed contributing here.
      Regards,
      Kumar

      Good post Kumar.
      Looked for the book on Amazon - is it by Michael J. Durkin? Couldn't find anything by Les Dublin.

      Good on you for standing tall. I've heard it said that friends and family are really worried when you start a business, in case you fail. But what worries them most of all is that you might succeed.


      Regards,


      Terry

      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7795025].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Crosbie
    It's great to see that this post has brought pleasure to some of you! I have got some great books to read from it! and learnt many amazing quotes!

    I wanted to add too that since accepting the fact that it's okay if no one truly believes in me, I have achieved some great success! I feel overall more motivated! Let's hope this continues!
    Signature
    I chose entrepreneurship over further education despite being laughed at by my friends and family..

    I recently hit the "RESTART" button on my life, read my personal blog to find out how I did it :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Crosbie
    It's great to see that this post has brought pleasure to some of you! I have got some great books to read from it! and learnt many amazing quotes!

    I wanted to add too that since accepting the fact that it's okay if no one truly believes in me, I have achieved some great success! I feel overall more motivated! Let's hope this continues!
    Signature
    I chose entrepreneurship over further education despite being laughed at by my friends and family..

    I recently hit the "RESTART" button on my life, read my personal blog to find out how I did it :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johncpa
    don't worry about anyone, your lover are important, work hard show them. see u on success, cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7795874].message }}

Trending Topics