Motivation is useless : Self Confidence is the key : Read the REALITY of the world

18 replies
I am writing this Thread/post for YOU.
================================================== ======

You are the sole reason for YOUR success, nobody will ever give you success in life, nobody ever has given success in life to somebody, Success is something that needs to be TAKEN and not received.


Don't be sad that nobody cares for you, or wants you to succeed, you are unique for yourself, just like they are unique for themselves. They are too busy trying to succeed themselves, why do you expect or want them to help you succeed?

You are just one of 8 BILLION people in the world for them, then why should/would they want to give you success out of those 8 billion people?

You are responsible for your success and failure - each and everytime. not luck, not govt, not your family nobody but you.

These are just excuses of losers.

Winners dont' have excuses - if you ask a loser why he lost, he can give you a million reason why he lost, but if you ask a winner why he won, he just would have 1 reason - because i wanted to succeed.

Thats it.

Losers try to solve all problems all the time, winners move on.
losers try to change the world all the time, winners deal with the world as it is.
If you are not getting what you want, dont be so harda$$ to keep on holding in the situation believing that it will change, move on.

patience is good, Sometimes , most of the times it just keeps you from getting what you want, when you want it, and in the end gives you what others have left and deemed to be worthless of their time.

Motivation is useless in my opinion - self confidence is the key - of all the gurus that you hear about, they make you beleive that you can do anything, but as soon as you are out of that room, all that motivation vanishes, i have never seen a guy who got success reading about motivation.
Motivation is like a tree , without roots, tree looks great on the outside, but as soon as slight wind blows, it falls down.

Self confidence is the key i think - it is like a plant with deeeeeep roots, no matter what hurricane comes, it stays there, and grows. self confidence is what trivialises the biggest problems, mega issues appear like dying flies, not worth spending a second on.

my mom once said - son , getting born and dying are the only two problems in life, rest is just inconvenience.

Read this again, it takes 3-5 readings to let the idea sink in.

----------

Please do comment, if it is a good response, i will surely write more.
#confidence #key #motivation #read #reality #useless #world
  • Profile picture of the author t3cn1c0
    I agree with your idea, society keeps blaming something to pacify themselves that they do not have control to their life. They do not understand their responsibility. Life is not fair but being idle and stagnant is your fault. No one will carry your burden but yourself. If you want something done, get it done. Then again, if you have money, you can outsource it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7920879].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author namktqs
      Why do you want get something? How you feel about it with your situation in this time, do you want to decide change that. Take action and get experience by ourselves want and through help build self confident and get new level life.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7921185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Natniszakov
    Totally agree. Nobody will ever have the power to bring you down unless you let them.
    Signature

    Nat Niszakov

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7922456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WarrenPeterson
    Mostly agree, but these two lines I do not agree with:

    "Losers try to solve all problems all the time, winners move on.
    losers try to change the world all the time, winners deal with the world as it is."


    In business, the winners are solving problems daily - it is virtually impossible to have a successful business and not be solving problems. To the second line, it is possible to both deal with the world the way it is, and try to change the world - those are not opposites...
    Signature
    Do you really want to build a real business?
    Then you need this: 21 Days To Business Success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7922508].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author competent123
      Originally Posted by WarrenPeterson View Post

      Mostly agree, but these two lines I do not agree with:
      "Losers try to solve all problems all the time, winners move on.
      losers try to change the world all the time, winners deal with the world as it is."
      In business, the winners are solving problems daily - it is virtually impossible to have a successful business and not be solving problems. To the second line, it is possible to both deal with the world the way it is, and try to change the world - those are not opposites...
      I think you misunderstood what i meant, please read it in context.
      what i mean is - loser get fixed on smallest of problems, and waste time solving it, which are worthless in time or money, while winners move on to the bigger problems not wasting time on worthless problems., which will make them successful.

      Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

      I don't necessarily agree..

      Self Confidence without motivation will get you absolutely nowhere. I know plenty of people that are insanely self confident (not fake confidence) but don't have motivation to do anything. They know they can but they just don't want to.

      Motivation without self confidence will also get you nowhere...at least not fast.

      You need both

      So I sort of agree and disagree with you
      i meant in context as - self confidence - a belief in yourself that you can do it NO MATTER WHAT THE PROBLEM, and whatever it is , you WILL get over it, this will help you move on from problems, while motivation is what will make you move . only motivation will move you, but you will lose it as soon as you hit a roadblock, because you will lack the necessary self confidence to actually tackle the problem.

      so you need both motivation and self confidence to succeed in life, not 1 of two.

      hope i've been able to clarify the two.

      Regards
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7924277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Banned
    Summary:
    Be self reliant because nobody will love you like you will, (in fact nobody will ever give you the superstar treatment like you will). stay dogged persistent, just do it,

    THE END
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7922509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    I don't necessarily agree..

    Self Confidence without motivation will get you absolutely nowhere. I know plenty of people that are insanely self confident (not fake confidence) but don't have motivation to do anything. They know they can but they just don't want to.

    Motivation without self confidence will also get you nowhere...at least not fast.

    You need both

    So I sort of agree and disagree with you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7922547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    Yep, got to agree with Kenster on this.

    I know a woman who is very insecure and lacks a great deal of self confidence. However, she is very ambitious and successful. Part of me use to believe that the reason she was so ambitious, was BECAUSE she was insecure and lacked confidence. She always had voids that needed filling, and her way of filling those voids was by becoming successful in her career ... which doesn't exactly require confidence in the first place (accounting) ...just smarts.

    The reality is that everyone who takes action, takes action for their own reasons.

    Humans have a bad habit of oversimplifying things in order to make complex circumstances seem easy to understand. For all you know, someone might be successful merely because a loved one (like their mother/father) couldn't afford health bills and died poor. Then they told themselves, "I will never let that happen to me when I get older".

    We are very weird creatures. Which is what makes us human in the first place. We're not always so easy to understand. And most people have a hard enough time understanding themselves. =]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7924003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andyredsox
    - Agree with Kenster. Without motivation, you cannot do everything, especially our confidence. They are partner. More motivation the more that we can build our self confidence.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nic Oliver
    At one level this is true. Dig deeper and things are not as simple.

    As an example, if you had a completely free choice, would you choose to celebrate your future or worry about it? Most of us would choose to celebrate, to feel good. However, most people actually spend more time worrying about their future.

    Or how many people, on January 1st, are confident that THIS year is the year that they will make $100,000 online/lose 50lbs of weight/get a new job/exercise at least 3 times a week etc. Within a week or two, the New Year's resolution has gone the same way as least year's and the year before's and the year before's etc. They wanted to do it but ended up doing something else.

    So they don't do what they'd ideally do. Why? Because unless they are made aware of it, people's lives are governed by the programs they run. Programs that we acquired from parents, from a multitude of people and experiences in the past.

    And the sad thing is, not only are most people unaware of this, they also don't realise that they are not their past!

    You can be as self-confident and as motivated as you like but until you go beyond your programming, beyond your script, beyond the script others have written for you, you are unlikely to achieve very much.

    Ironically, it's not that hard to do. Once you recognise that it's your script that's undermining you and that you are not your history, you are well on the way!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    Self-confidence and working hard are two different things. Self-confidence means that you think you can do it, you have psychological and emotional reassurance. Hard work is hard work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925321].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nic Oliver
      Originally Posted by RogozRazvan View Post

      Self-confidence and working hard are two different things. Self-confidence means that you think you can do it, you have psychological and emotional reassurance. Hard work is hard work.
      Sssssh! Don't mention hard work - it's not a popular concept, nowadays!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925382].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kenster
        Originally Posted by Nic Oliver View Post

        Sssssh! Don't mention hard work - it's not a popular concept, nowadays!

        So true...unfortunately so true!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7926618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    Oh, really? Well, let me give my two cents on this then

    Dear warriors,

    There is one way to get whatever you want in life. That is to work hard and to work smart. If you are tired of not having enough money to buy un-discounted hosting or if you spend more time talking money than making money, here is your problem.

    Yes, self-esteem helps, confidence helps, a lot of stuff helps. Being 6 foot 4 helps too if you think about it.

    But when it comes to tangible things like MONEY no matter if it's Euro, USD, R$, etc, then the formula is simple:

    Efficiency X Effectiveness = Results

    Efficiency is the effort you put in.
    Effectiveness is the quality of that effort.

    Results are tangible things like an website that generates revenue.

    E X E = R

    Think anything else and you are deceiving yourself.

    Razvan

    “If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.”
    -- Stephen King
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7925405].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theory expert
      Banned
      Originally Posted by RogozRazvan View Post


      "If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot."
      -- Stephen King

      "whether you want to be a Zen master or a master of anything--I don't really care what it is--it's all in the practice. It's in the discipline of doing something over and over, in repetition. It doesn't matter what practice--whether you're talking about exercise or about being a Zen priest. It's in the practice that you get there, that you get all the rewards." --Susan Powter

      Well, there are two things that I do that most people don't know about--I do photography and I knit, and recently I spoke with a brilliant photographer and I asked him, "How do you get great at this? I mean, I don't just want to be really good, I want to be exceptional." He looked at me and said, "Take pictures. If you want to be a great photographer, photograph." If you want to be a great knitter, knit. If you want to be a great writer--didn't Virginia Woolf say it?--"write." --Susan Powter
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7926528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moinuddin
    I read many books which says,the turning point of a person is when he realizes his personal responsibility :
    (as you say)
    You are responsible for your success and failure - each and everytime. not luck, not govt, not your family nobody but you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7938526].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    "Someone once said to me 'Motivation doesn't work - it wears off.' I told him, 'So does bathing. That's why we recommend it daily.'" - Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7938866].message }}

Trending Topics