5 Characteristics of the Mindless Massess

30 replies
1. They're Afraid, Spineless & Weak: Fear means projecting bad thoughts or expectations into the future. People say "What if it doesn't work," "what if I quit my job and I fail and I can't get it back," "What if the real estate market crashes again?" They "what-*‐if" the opportunity to death and never get started.

2. They Aren't Decisive: The mindless masses have a difficult time making or keeping decisions. In other words, they're wishy-*‐washy. What does it say in the Bible? Revelation 3:16: "So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Don't be lukewarm: make a decision to be hot or cold, either one is fine. Just pick one or reap the consequences of picking neither.

3. Lack of Action: I have a family member who has some of the most incredible ideas for his passion. He's come up with some brilliant stuff and wows the rest of the family. But when it comes down to execution? He's terrible. Do you know someone like this? I'll show you the exact step-*‐by-*‐step system for how to quit your job and have an incredible lifestyle but YOU have to act, YOU have to do something. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it should be something small every day.

4. Excuses: The mindless masses make excuses for everything. You've heard them: no time, no money, no knowledge, yada yada yada. You can either make excuses or get rich: you pick.

5. They're Negative: This is one of the most important, because if you don't completely understand how to think and act like a wealthy person, then all the following information is worthless. We could do another whole book on successful self-*‐talk, the voice of the rich. I cover this in detail in my system.


I got this from a real estate investing book that I'm reading and I thought that I would share it with everyone.
#characteristics #massess #mindless
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Mindless masses? The author seems to take a very negative view of most people. I'd be careful about how much influence you let this writer have in your life. Negativity is like a slow poison, it kills a little at a time.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7947625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
    It's an accurate description of how most people are. That's why they're called Sheeple.
    Signature
    Affiliate links are not allowed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7947693].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      The effective way would have been to look at it from the reverse, positive perspective. i.e:


      * 5 Characteristics that make a Successful and Productive person.



      ....then listing the positive bullet points which make up the minerals of that type of person.

      Controversy perks eyes and ears however the negativity in this case does the opposite of what the message should do. It should be a "Get up and go!" not a "Slag off the populus" because those people could well be the market.

      Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post

      What does it say in the Bible? Revelation 3:16: “So, because you are lukewarm – neither hot nor cold – I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”
      The Bible also says "Love they Neighbour".


      Daniel
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7947735].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
        Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post

        The effective way would have been to look at it from the reverse, positive perspective. i.e:


        * 5 Characteristics that make a Successful and Productive person.



        ....then listing the positive bullet points which make up the minerals of that type of person.

        Controversy perks eyes and ears however the negativity in this case does the opposite of what the message should do. It should be a "Get up and go!" not a "Slag off the populus" because those people could well be the market.


        .
        The Bible also says "Love they Neighbour".


        Daniel
        I love that title. That's awesome. I'm going to steal it. Maybe I can use it as part of a website or blog that will help me to get people to start waking up and seeing what life is really all about.

        It's almost similar to Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
        Signature
        Affiliate links are not allowed.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7948473].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post

      It's an accurate description of how most people are. That's why they're called Sheeple.
      It's an opinion, not a fact; and from a particularly toxic perspective at that, in my opinion.

      The only way to know if "most" people are like that is to devise a way to test for it and then test a large enough cross-section of people to have statistically valid representation ... and even then it's just representative sample.

      I doubt if the author or you have done that.

      However, if the author wants to position himself as better than others, that's his right. He can expect to be challenged on that position though, and so can his sheeple.
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7947811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
    What the author is saying is very true. You don't need to do a sample of people to figure that out. All that you have to do is look in the Newspaper and see what they are saying and go out and meet people in person and I have done that numerous times.

    Our society teaches people that the only way to get ahead is to go out, get a good education, and then get a good job that you can work at until you retire and then you will collect a big fat pension.

    Robert Kiyosaki discusses that concept in his book 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad'. We are also taught to be very suspicious and wary of people as well. That's why your mother always told you to never talk to strangers.

    I personally think that is very bad advice in general as you cannot get to know anyone if you are playing the role of Chicken Little.

    I posted another thread that is called 5 Characteristics of an REI Mogul. The point behind that one was to be positive. I posted what he listed just to get it out there.

    I would love to put up this stuff online and even market it because I more often than not tend to meet people who think that you are Ted Bundy or Jack the Ripper and will rarely try to take the time to really get to know you.

    Because of what I've studied I've tried to develop a positive outlook on life, but it's hard to do when you are constantly surrounded by people who think that you are out to get them.

    Entrepreneur Press labels those types of people Naysayers and they say that the best idea is to eliminate people like that from your life and surround yourself with people who do actually have your best interests at heart and who will encourage you to be your best.

    I've learned a lot from studying NLP about how to think positive and how to make positive changes to your life, but unfortunately I seem to be in the minority because most people tend to believe only the so called guru's like Dr. Phil.

    My problem with getting people to change their tune is that I do not know how to create websites or really market them nor do I really have a lot of people in my life that I can trust and count on.

    One thing that I've learned the hard way is that a lot of people out there can and will assume that they are experts on you based upon their presumptions, fears and stereotypes. I'd like to change that, but at the moment I just don't know how to do that.
    Signature
    Affiliate links are not allowed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7947976].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author heavysm
      I just see these points as the extremes of what people with dead end lives marinade in. I have worked with people (when i had a formal job, of course ) that used the last two points to DEATH making it a pretty horrible work environment.

      Steer clear of people who have all of these attributes though. Most people will glean over one of two of these, maybe one or two more at times, but it's those people that are continually in their own dead end little worlds that have ALL of these traits plus more (gossipy, heavily hypocritical etc). You really want to steer well clear of those people
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7948005].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post

      What the author is saying is very true. You don't need to do a sample of people to figure that out. All that you have to do is look in the Newspaper and see what they are saying and go out and meet people in person and I have done that numerous times.
      The newspapers, in my opinion, have devolved into a propaganda tool for government and big industry. Setting that aside for now, the news by its very nature focuses on the negative extreme more often than not. I wouldn't call what they report a good measure of the average person. In fact, if the average person was like the newspapers portray, I'd agree with you to a certain degree.

      Our society teaches people that the only way to get ahead is to go out, get a good education, and then get a good job that you can work at until you retire and then you will collect a big fat pension.
      Yes, and we need people just exactly like that for society to function as it does. If those "inglorious" jobs went undone life would be very different, and I speculate that most of us wouldn't like the change.

      Many people find their comfort zone in "the program." That's no reason to look down on them. That does not make them mindless. It only means we all fill different roles and find our purpose in different ways.

      ...more often than not tend to meet people who think that you are Ted Bundy or Jack the Ripper and will rarely try to take the time to really get to know you.
      This doesn't surprise me. I don't mean that as an insult, it's just that when you look down on people few of them will look up to you. In other words, perhaps they're reading your disdain for them and responding to your energy.

      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us."- James Truslow Adams

      Because of what I've studied I've tried to develop a positive outlook on life, but it's hard to do when you are constantly surrounded by people who think that you are out to get them.
      It takes time. Time to change and time for others to realize the change. Sometimes we have to change our circle of friends too, or spend less time with them. Don't give up the fight, it's worth it.

      I've learned a lot from studying NLP about how to think positive and how to make positive changes to your life, but unfortunately I seem to be in the minority because most people tend to believe only the so called guru's like Dr. Phil.
      I don't concern myself with what others believe -- that's their business.

      My problem with getting people to change their tune is that I do not know how to create websites or really market them nor do I really have a lot of people in my life that I can trust and count on.
      People only change when they want to change and are ready to change. I can empathize with you not having a lot of people in your life you can trust or count on. I was in that same situation when I was young. That will change for you. The best thing I can tell you is to be the kind of friend to others that you want to have and the pieces will fall into place.

      As for not being able to build websites, there are software programs that practically do everything for you. Learning to code by hand like I do isn't even that hard. You can learn it if you want to. It's easier than learning NLP, in my opinion.

      One thing that I've learned the hard way is that a lot of people out there can and will assume that they are experts on you based upon their presumptions, fears and stereotypes. I'd like to change that, but at the moment I just don't know how to do that.
      What other people think and believe is their business. How much credence you give to what they think and believe is your business.

      Look, I'm probably a lot older than you, so forgive an old guy if I've gone to far, but there's a reason I called that "mindless masses" a toxic perspective. It doesn't hurt the masses, it hurts the person who holds that attitude.

      Our thoughts and attitudes give off a subtle (or not so subtle) energy that others can pick up on, at both the conscious and subconscious levels. If we want to be accepted, we have to be accepting of others. If we want to receive love, we have to give love. And so forth...

      What happens when we give an attitude of superiority? That, too, is reflected back to us in different ways.

      This is why I cautioned you to be careful about how much you let this writer influence you. That attitude he promotes is one that will isolate you from others. Life is hard enough without making it harder on ourselves.

      If I got too personal and you'd like me to delete my posts let me know.

      Good luck. I wish you well.

      PS - I do agree with you in a way. Humanity as a whole, with our wars, greed, vanity, and so on, doesn't seem very enlightened. The difference is, I see myself as a part of the masses, not apart from them. We will live together or perish together. There is no them and us in the cosmic sense.
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7948133].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
        Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

        The newspapers, in my opinion, have devolved into a propaganda tool for government and big industry. Setting that aside for now, the news by its very nature focuses on the negative extreme more often than not. I wouldn't call what they report a good measure of the average person. In fact, if the average person was like the newspapers portray, I'd agree with you to a certain degree.



        Yes, and we need people just exactly like that for society to function as it does. If those "inglorious" jobs went undone life would be very different, and I speculate that most of us wouldn't like the change.

        Many people find their comfort zone in "the program." That's no reason to look down on them. That does not make them mindless. It only means we all fill different roles and find our purpose in different ways.



        This doesn't surprise me. I don't mean that as an insult, it's just that when you look down on people few of them will look up to you. In other words, perhaps they're reading your disdain for them and responding to your energy.

        "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us."- James Truslow Adams



        It takes time. Time to change and time for others to realize the change. Sometimes we have to change our circle of friends too, or spend less time with them. Don't give up the fight, it's worth it.



        I don't concern myself with what others believe -- that's their business.



        People only change when they want to change and are ready to change. I can empathize with you not having a lot of people in your life you can trust or count on. I was in that same situation when I was young. That will change for you. The best thing I can tell you is to be the kind of friend to others that you want to have and the pieces will fall into place.

        As for not being able to build websites, there are software programs that practically do everything for you. Learning to code by hand like I do isn't even that hard. You can learn it if you want to. It's easier than learning NLP, in my opinion.



        What other people think and believe is their business. How much credence you give to what they think and believe is your business.

        Look, I'm probably a lot older than you, so forgive an old guy if I've gone to far, but there's a reason I called that "mindless masses" a toxic perspective. It doesn't hurt the masses, it hurts the person who holds that attitude.

        Our thoughts and attitudes give off a subtle (or not so subtle) energy that others can pick up on, at both the conscious and subconscious levels. If we want to be accepted, we have to be accepting of others. If we want to receive love, we have to give love. And so forth...

        What happens when we give an attitude of superiority? That, too, is reflected back to us in different ways.

        This is why I cautioned you to be careful about how much you let this writer influence you. That attitude he promotes is one that will isolate you from others. Life is hard enough without making it harder on ourselves.

        If I got too personal and you'd like me to delete my posts let me know.

        Good luck. I wish you well.

        PS - I do agree with you in a way. Humanity as a whole, with our wars, greed, vanity, and so on, doesn't seem very evolved. The difference is, I see myself as a part of the masses, not apart from them. We will live together or perish together. There is no them and us in the cosmic sense.
        What the author is doing here is pointing out how people tend to think and act based upon real world observation and I'm guessing by what he has read as well.

        Saying that he's wrong about this stuff is just plain idiotic because it's all around us whether we like it or not.

        It's common knowledge for example that the government is and has been broke for a long time, but instead of trying to actually fix the problem they just keeping more of a mess. If business owners and entrepreneurs and even the average Joe were to run their businesses and their lives like the government, then it would not be very long before they were filing for bankruptcy.

        Much of what he is saying is just plain old common knowledge and common sense stuff that most people should already know.

        Much of what he is saying is also very a kin to what might happen if you were to burn your hand on the stove.

        Stop and ask yourself for a minute. How likely would you be to go back to the stove and touch the hot burner after it's already burned you once? Would you go back to it and stick your hand on it just to see if it's really hot or would you get the message the first time that it's hot and that you shouldn't touch it again while it's hot.

        This is what the author is basically saying and he's right about, but unfortunately many people just don't get the message the first time. It's kind of like going up to a rattlesnake and hoping that it isn't going to bite you when you try to pet it like you would pet a cat or dog.

        His point is that we all have to wise up and change how we think and act and that's why I created a separate thread that talks about the kinds of things that successful people should be thinking and doing.
        Signature
        Affiliate links are not allowed.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7948451].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
          Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post

          What the author is doing here is pointing out how people tend to think and act based upon real world observation and I'm guessing by what he has read as well.

          Saying that he's wrong about this stuff is just plain idiotic because it's all around us whether we like it or not.
          So you're calling me an idiot? Very mature, thank you.

          It's common knowledge for example that the government is and has been broke for a long time, but instead of trying to actually fix the problem they just keeping more of a mess. If business owners and entrepreneurs and even the average Joe were to run their businesses and their lives like the government, then it would not be very long before they were filing for bankruptcy.
          While that's true, the problem is that the problem is too big for one person to fix, so they don't know what to do. That doesn't make them mindless. Calling people mindless is making a value judgment about people he's never met. I'd be willing to bet money many of those "mindless" people are smarter by far than he is.

          His point is that we all have to wise up and change how we think and act and that's why I created a separate thread that talks about the kinds of things that successful people should be thinking and doing.
          All that can be done, and is better done, without insults and positioning yourself as better than everyone else. Such positioning is vanity.
          Signature

          Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7950049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    The problem is that these "mindless masses" can make you rich or poor.

    Let's say you want to become rich. How do you do that? By selling something, solving a problem. Who pays for this?

    Well, usually the middle-class, unless you are selling yachts. So these people you consider stupid are the only ones who can actually make you rich.

    And in order to achieve anything worthwhile you must serve those around you.

    It doesn't matter if you are a salesperson, entrepreneur, stock broker or a drug dealer. You are still serving those around you.

    I have yet to meet a millionaire who thinks that everyone around him is stupid. The bigger you are, the more you need them. This attitude of superiority "I'm better than you because I have developed success traits" is very artificial. Anyone whose been in the real world knows that a "sheep" will serve you dinner at a restaurant, repair your car, clean your hotel room, make sure that you have electricity and running water and so on.

    That view is pure immature.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7948514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you want to get out of debt or you want to make any kind of positive changes in your life, then you need to change what you are doing.

    People who are considered to be one of the mindless masses won't do that because they are afraid to step out of their comfort zone.

    They are like the guy that goes up to the red hot stove, touches it, gets burned and then decides to go back for more.

    Basic common sense says that if a stove is hot then don't touch it. If something isn't working, then change it. People who cannot figure that out are not exactly the brightest bulbs in the barrel.

    Psychology calls that kind of behavior pattern a self defeating behavior. NLP refers to it as a limiting belief. Either way the effect is still the same.
    Signature
    Affiliate links are not allowed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7950436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you're inventing strawman arguments to justify looking down on people either.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7950855].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
      Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

      It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you're inventing strawman arguments to justify looking down on people either.
      I'm not looking down on anyone. If anything it's other people that are looking down on me because I'm not rich and because I don't have a degree or am some kind of celebrity because they think that they are better than me and that's total BS.

      Psychology calls those types of people Narcissists. They are in love with themselves and think that they are entitled to everything because they don't want to work hard for anything.

      That's total BS and it's not how I operate. Like most people do I struggle from paycheck to paycheck just trying to make ends meet and I'm sick of it, but I'm also not the type of person that believes in get rich quick schemes either. I've seen too many of those and I know that most of them are scams.

      In my book there is only one way to get anywhere in life and that is to honest, ethical, realistic, intelligent and to work hard for anything that you get.

      Contrary to popular belief the government and corporate America is not going to save you. To them you are nothing but a disposable number and that's been proven time and time again.

      It was proven in the late 90's when thousands of middle managers who thought that they had secure lifetime jobs in a large corporation were suddenly let go citing cutback reasons.

      Over half of them decided that instead of returning to the unforgiving corporate grind that they would start their own businesses.

      Anyone who thinks that corporate America feels any compunction to keep you is an idiot because they don't and that has been proven time and time again in the current economy.

      Many companies now, because of the recession have made things even more difficult for people by taking the responsibilities of two or more jobs and combined them into one and more often than not they can and will feel that unless you have at least a 4 year degree in something, then you are not qualified. I disagree with that concept and theory big time.

      Many companies are also requiring people to take behavorial assessment tests that are nearly impossible to pass. Some of the questions on these tests are utterly stupid and retarded.

      I've seen one question that asked 'What would your high school teacher say about you?'.

      I don't know and I don't care either because high school for me was a long time ago and I certainly did not hang around my teachers for any reason. The only time I even remotely interacted with them is when it related to the assignments that they handed out. Outside of that I didn't care because like everyone my age at the time I didn't care about school. What I along with countless others my age at the time cared about was having fun and getting laid.

      Those were the priorities back then.
      Signature
      Affiliate links are not allowed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7951088].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
        Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post

        I'm not looking down on anyone.
        I wasn't referring to you looking down on people, I was referring to the "mindless masses" attitude of author you're defending.

        The rest of your last post I agree with ... maybe we should leave it there.
        Signature

        Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7951185].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
          Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

          I wasn't referring to you looking down on people, I was referring to the "mindless masses" attitude of author you're defending.

          The rest of your last post I agree with ... maybe we should leave it there.
          I think that you need to go and read my other threads before judging me or anyone else.
          Signature
          Affiliate links are not allowed.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7951210].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
            Originally Posted by rdonovan1 View Post

            I think that you need to go and read my other threads before judging me or anyone else.
            No, I don't need to do that. I haven't judged you. My comments have been about a specific attitude of the author's that you posted. I simply offered you a friendly warning about not letting someone with that kind of attitude have too much influence in your life. It's dangerous, IMO. Then I got sucked into your defense of that attitude. I'm done with that.

            By the way, you're the one who has been making character judgments. Do "mindless masses", "idiotic", and "sheeple" ring a bell?

            Pot. Kettle.

            Mirror.

            Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it.
            - Ernest Holmes

            Life is a mirror: if you frown at it, it frowns back; if you smile, it returns the greeting.
            - William Makepeace Thackeray
            Signature

            Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7951306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author btchristopher
    another characteristic is they hate, HATE to hear the truth, especially about themselves and mankind in general.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9519621].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
      Originally Posted by btchristopher View Post

      another characteristic is they hate, HATE to hear the truth, especially about themselves and mankind in general.
      I agree with what you are saying and there certainly are a lot of people like that out in the world. I myself try not to be like that. I try to keep and open mind about everything and I try to do what I can to create my own luck while at the same time being as honest and ethical with both myself and with others that I can be and know how to and I think that is what is truly important.
      Signature
      Affiliate links are not allowed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9519649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arun Chandran
    I think Rogoz pretty much nailed it in his comment.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9526792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dorian Anthony
    Thanks rdonovan1

    One of the best posts I've read on Warrior Forum in a while. TRUTH is hard to swallow-you won't make many friends sharing it. "Afraid, spineless, and weak" is exactly right. You have to FIGHT to get what you want in this world. Doesn't mean you can't fight to help others get what they want as well but I've heard enough of the "THINK POSITIVE" crowd to barf up a years' worth of b.s.

    Getting rich isn't a dainty process, nor should we treat it as such, especially if you're starting with nothing to your name. You have to attack, attack, attack, and attack some more, to get noticed, you can't surrender....EVER.

    There will always be lazy, mindless do-gooders trying to bring you down. They're the same people hanging on every word of advice from trust fund babies like Donald Trump. It's much easier to write books about simple little feel-good rules when you have a cool $5 billion sitting in the bank, $750 million of which Daddy loaned you. Let those types live in their self-righteous bubbles-the rest of us have to make it on our own by stepping on a few toes, ruffling feathers, and hurting some feelings in order to achieve our goals. There's no shame in that. You can't please everyone, nor should you try.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9527719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rdonovan1
    It's all about believing in and trusting yourself and being willing to step out of your comfort zone. I don't know of too many people that have gotten rich, gotten a job or gotten a date by staying home watching tv and wishing that it would happen.

    All of the people that I know that have achieved their hopes, dreams and goals in life, love, and business are the ones that chose to step outside of their comfort zone, go out and take some risks in life.

    It's the mindless masses that refuse to go out and try that don't go very far because they are afraid of actually trying. Positive thinking by itself is not the problem. Having a positive mental outlook is the first step toward achieving all of your hopes, dreams and goals in life. The next step is actually going out there and doing it.

    I don't know about the rest of you, but I have never seen any famous sports stars or music stars that got to be successful by sitting around telling themselves 'It can't be done, It's too hard, I'll never make it'.

    All of the really successful sports and music stars thought exactly the opposite. The told themselves that they could do it and that they could be successful and that all they had to do was to venture out and try.

    Those are the one's that have truly been successful in life. The same is true with people like Bill Gates, Michael Dell, and Steve Jobs. All three were risk takers. They didn't care if they offended someone. They just went out and did it.

    Steve Jobs is probably best known for that as he didn't care if someone liked him or not. He cared about being successful. He was the type of person that was truly bold and courageous (definitely more than I am). On at least one ocassion that I know of he went into one cell phone company and told them (not asked) that they were going to sell his products and he was successful in doing so.

    I personally wouldn't suggest his approach as in my opinion that was a little over the top, but it worked for him.

    The point is that he wasn't afraid to step out into the real world and give it a try. He just went out and did it and it paid off handsomely for him. That's what I personally like about the guy. He wasn't about anyone or anything deter him from achieving his goals.
    Signature
    Affiliate links are not allowed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9528162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    well .. here is the problem. with the type of thinking .

    we live on one planet .. and we are all the same race ..

    steve jobs most likley did not have a condescending negative view of most of humanity .

    steve job.. even donald trump ... just added what they could to the world to make things better how they could.

    when you have the attitude expressed by the list in the op.. you can risk following a path that makes it ok to take advantage of an make the live of the masses worse off .

    then again the list also serves to foster some self hate in the reader ..because the reader tends to be a member of humanity and still in the masses .

    now .. has the real estate investor who wrote the book made money in real estate sense 2007 .. or is it from the boom years where a lot of fraud was going on at every level .

    you mentioned sports stars and music stars .. how many of them have lives that are a total mess off the field ..

    look at what is going on with the nfl .. and the way many stars end up broke and phyisically ruined after they stop playing .
    Signature

    "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9528801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick Rodd
    I have always believed in people and "mindless masses" is the stuff big corporations in business, politics and media have coined to put into fruition their goals of betterment themselves. I know it's hard to be an individual, but being one gives you the scorn of being ousted in that so-called herd. People have reasons that they do things, it's just that it is not always feasible to be successful if you just decide to 'go out there and stand out.'

    As the author said: not a lot of people are strong, those sheep...but I believe they can be brave.
    Signature
    Please follow our Warrior Forum Rules and Regulations!
    WSO Marketplace Rules[/URL]

    Do You have any Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
    Warrior Forum KnowledgebaseWarrior Forum Help DeskSuggestions Forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9528855].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TomFerencz
      Yep - this list seems quite accurate in describing most of the attitudes of the "sheep".
      btw: isn`t this sheep vs wolf stuff from some kind of movie "wolf of wall street"?

      While it is not always the best idea to just focus on the negatives, I do think it is legit in this case. And there are many of those lists around in the internet. So basically I do not fully understand why the thread starter got a ton of negative feedback.
      If it poisons ones mind or not is still to be tested (as testing has been suggested earlier).

      One more aspect I like to add to the discussion: I find it really astonishing how most of the people are living in such a negavtive millieu like listed here. They do it for decades and most of them do not really get sick of it. I have seen it myself in a big and quite successfull multinational company, it is like a djungle and those negative traits are seen everywhere.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author C G
    Nice post.

    We tend to focus on all the things that we need to do in order to be successful.

    But success is also about stopping to do certain things (mentioned by OP)

    Cheers,

    C.G.
    Signature
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author walterwombat
    I wouldn't call them "mindless". People are a product of past experiences. If they are afraid for example, they might have been taught that business is risky and a regular job is safe. Most parents taught their children that, at a time when jobs were relatively safe. Our education system trains people to work hard at school and get a good job as a result. It doesn't teach people to think outside the box and become entrepreneurs.It takes some event in life (such as redundancy) to unlearn that.

    All of these factors can be traced to the way a lot of people were brought up. Although these qualities will hold someone back when it comes to business, I wouldn't call them "mindless". Some are very intelligent and knowledgeable. They have just been taught that jobs are safe and risk should be avoided.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541832].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TomFerencz
      Walter, while this may be right what you re saying - I can see every day that this attitude of the "mindless" is hurting them a lot. Those standard jobs are more than often a jungle with survival of the fittest rules. However most of them do not have the energy to escape that struggle. Only very few are enjoying what they are doing and what they experience every day.
      As some member wrote, the whole system relies on all those people to do what they do e.g. drive taxis, make meals, etc - but I highly doubt that they would do it if they would see clear what age we are in, what opportunities the world offers nowaday, and how they are fooled by society.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9543850].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author walterwombat
        Originally Posted by TomFerencz View Post

        Walter, while this may be right what you re saying - I can see every day that this attitude of the "mindless" is hurting them a lot. Those standard jobs are more than often a jungle with survival of the fittest rules. However most of them do not have the energy to escape that struggle. Only very few are enjoying what they are doing and what they experience every day.
        As some member wrote, the whole system relies on all those people to do what they do e.g. drive taxis, make meals, etc - but I highly doubt that they would do it if they would see clear what age we are in, what opportunities the world offers nowaday, and how they are fooled by society.

        That's true. The system does rely on people with jobs. It would be a nightmare scenario if they all decided to quit their jobs and become internet marketers though.

        They are too busy to look for opportunities. Sometimes, you have to be at a loose end in a "what can I going to do with my life now?" situation to be motivated to find something new, better and different. Or you need a forced break from the rat race to just have time to consider other options. If you are jobless, doesn't feel like a risk trying something new rather than look for another job. Another way to see the opportunities is if you dislike your job so much, you are willing to risk trying alternatives.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9544846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vincent Joseph
    Great observation! I completely agree with Rdonovan1!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9574454].message }}

Trending Topics