29 replies
I currently have a good life. Have a small family and every thing we need is available. We live modestly. I'm comfortable with the conditions right now. But there is something I really want to have a profitable business, which can run without me paying much attention to it. I'm on it right now, but it seems that I'm running to slow. I think that's because I have no pressure. You know that kind of pressure like I need to get this done otherwise what will I eat tomorrow.

What should I do? I believe when I'm in pressure, I will work better. Is this because don't have enough determination?
#pressure
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Originally Posted by goodmast3r View Post

    I currently have a good life. Have a small family and every thing we need is available. We live modestly. I'm comfortable with the conditions right now. But there is something I really want to have a profitable business, which can run without me paying much attention to it. I'm on it right now, but it seems that I'm running to slow. I think that's because I have no pressure. You know that kind of pressure like I need to get this done otherwise what will I eat tomorrow.

    What should I do? I believe when I'm in pressure, I will work better. Is this because don't have enough determination?
    It's because you are comfortable. Either create marketing that will force activity and sales, or hire someone to work with you. You'll be training tem, but really, their job will be to force you to work.

    I've used both ideas and they both work.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

    "Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound to the crowd strive for obscurity" Friedrich Nietzsche
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7953997].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goodmast3r
    Thanks. Yes, I'm sure when I got sales, I'll be working hard again. I only got 1 client this month, need to work harder to market my service.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7954017].message }}
  • Is your income diversified? If not, then it's time to get to work. I've had revenues chopped in half over night 3 times in my life over the last 10 years in the internet business, mainly due to visa regulations and chargeback thresholds. I've also lost thousands of rebills and customers due to a processor running into chargeback issues and dropping 30% of their portfolio (including me) over night.

    Bottom line, if you have one source of revenue it's not enough. You never know what can happen, so keep growing, keep building your income, and never stop.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7954029].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goodmast3r
      Originally Posted by HealthWebmasters Dave View Post

      Is your income diversified? If not, then it's time to get to work. I've had revenues chopped in half over night 3 times in my life over the last 10 years in the internet business, mainly due to visa regulations and chargeback thresholds. I've also lost thousands of rebills and customers due to a processor running into chargeback issues and dropping 30% of their portfolio (including me) over night.

      Bottom line, if you have one source of revenue it's not enough. You never know what can happen, so keep growing, keep building your income, and never stop.
      Sort of, I have multiple client and also do stock investing
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955819].message }}
    • Originally Posted by HealthWebmasters Dave View Post

      I've also lost thousands of rebills and customers due to a processor running into chargeback issues and dropping 30% of their portfolio (including me) over night.
      Dave, which company was it that specifically dropped you? I know with changing regulations there certainly have been a few who got into some trouble so I'm curious to hear which one.

      Also goodmaster, as many of the above have specified, there are many ways to grow your online business and clearly this website is your best resource to learn. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, as you grow your business make sure you have multiple veins of income consistently streaming in. Try different approaches if one way isn't as profitable as it should, and you'll continue to have a better understanding out it works.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webrankingservices2000
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7954108].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rbates
      It is also called "Self-Discipline". If you have a family, then you should be feeling some kind of urgency (pressure) to provide for them. You must be feeling some pressure or you would not have posted here in the forum. Maybe it is just that you are lacking direction, or do not know what to do next. It could also be that you are just not interested in what you are supposed to be doing.

      Decide on what is going on within, and go from there. If you need help and motivation, then this forum has enough to go around. If you are just not into what you are doing, either change your focus, or do something else.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7954741].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author goodmast3r
        Originally Posted by rbates View Post

        It is also called "Self-Discipline". If you have a family, then you should be feeling some kind of urgency (pressure) to provide for them. You must be feeling some pressure or you would not have posted here in the forum. Maybe it is just that you are lacking direction, or do not know what to do next. It could also be that you are just not interested in what you are supposed to be doing.

        Decide on what is going on within, and go from there. If you need help and motivation, then this forum has enough to go around. If you are just not into what you are doing, either change your focus, or do something else.
        Yes, I don't feel the urgency. Like I said I live good not great.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955824].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Handdy
          Give yourself a very high goal to set
          Keep a timeline to achieve the goal
          Work everyday to achieve the goal
          You will definitely come out of your current situation
          Signature

          Get Handdy Online Invoicing and Online Accounting for small business

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955845].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AlyseS
          I understand what you are going through, because I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm still trying to solve this problem, but I've made some improvements.

          Claude's right. I am comfortable. I want things (successful businesses, more money etc), but I don't need those things to survive. I have lots of business ideas or models that I could follow through with which just provide distractions.

          A couple of things that I did that have really help me:
          1. Go through the whole "personal development" thing (watching videos on youtube, reading books, audio books etc)
          2. Chose one area to focus my business efforts on - offline marketing for me
          3. Chose one specific area to focus on first within offline marketing and create a killer package for those potential clients that makes you excited
          4. Emptied my brain - got all my best ideas within offline marketing out of my head and into basecamp with actionable to-do lists and not idea summaries. Now I can actually focus on the killer package without my mind drifting to my other ideas.
          5. Do the things on my list in basecamp everyday
          6. Stop doing things that you don't like to do. There was a great post about that somewhere here. I don't like doing off-page SEO, so I don't plan to do any. I'll outsource, if it's what someone needs. After having made that simple decision, I felt so much better about my business efforts. I wasn't secretly/mentally dreading getting new clients, because they "might" need or want SEO anymore.

          I have also started to do what Claude said about creating marketing that forces action. If you send out a bunch of emails talking about this package you've created or call up a bunch of businesses and offer let them see a free sample website by tomorrow or the end of the day, when you get a positive response you're going to take action immediately and with urgency.

          Those are the actionable things that I've done, but I think a huge part of it is mental. Therefore, I will end with something that is really silly, but triggers a sense of urgency within me. When I'm in a slump, I'll think about someone, anyone who I don't respect, that has a better quality of life than me. When I think about them, I can't help but look at myself and ask is this the best use of my time, you really can't do better than them etc. Then I get back into high gear.

          Hope you could find something helpful above. I know everyone's journey is personal, so there's no one size fits all solution. You might have to piece together lots of ideas and things. If you keep looking, you'll find it just like I did.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955967].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author namktqs
            Want get any result need have right mindset, efforts, know what you do on prove system. If not you are hope lucky happen, reevent even losing time and efforts. Because if you can learn from mistake but you might wait for a long time to get result with right thing right way.
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956078].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author goodmast3r
            Originally Posted by AlyseS View Post

            I understand what you are going through, because I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm still trying to solve this problem, but I've made some improvements.

            Claude's right. I am comfortable. I want things (successful businesses, more money etc), but I don't need those things to survive. I have lots of business ideas or models that I could follow through with which just provide distractions.

            A couple of things that I did that have really help me:
            1. Go through the whole "personal development" thing (watching videos on youtube, reading books, audio books etc)
            2. Chose one area to focus my business efforts on - offline marketing for me
            3. Chose one specific area to focus on first within offline marketing and create a killer package for those potential clients that makes you excited
            4. Emptied my brain - got all my best ideas within offline marketing out of my head and into basecamp with actionable to-do lists and not idea summaries. Now I can actually focus on the killer package without my mind drifting to my other ideas.
            5. Do the things on my list in basecamp everyday
            6. Stop doing things that you don't like to do. There was a great post about that somewhere here. I don't like doing off-page SEO, so I don't plan to do any. I'll outsource, if it's what someone needs. After having made that simple decision, I felt so much better about my business efforts. I wasn't secretly/mentally dreading getting new clients, because they "might" need or want SEO anymore.

            I have also started to do what Claude said about creating marketing that forces action. If you send out a bunch of emails talking about this package you've created or call up a bunch of businesses and offer let them see a free sample website by tomorrow or the end of the day, when you get a positive response you're going to take action immediately and with urgency.

            Those are the actionable things that I've done, but I think a huge part of it is mental. Therefore, I will end with something that is really silly, but triggers a sense of urgency within me. When I'm in a slump, I'll think about someone, anyone who I don't respect, that has a better quality of life than me. When I think about them, I can't help but look at myself and ask is this the best use of my time, you really can't do better than them etc. Then I get back into high gear.

            Hope you could find something helpful above. I know everyone's journey is personal, so there's no one size fits all solution. You might have to piece together lots of ideas and things. If you keep looking, you'll find it just like I did.
            Thanks. I think the key is to have someone else 'force' me. Like Claude said about creating marketing that forces action. I'm doing Google Adwords now, but only got 1 client this month. Need to have more, so they can force me work harder.
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Says

    I wasn't given the ability to live "modestly" and it's something that I really wanted, so I had pressure to push me to get there.

    I think the biggest thing you need is to hold yourself accountable to achieve your goals and if possible, get someone else to motivate you to push for those goals.
    Signature

    My name is Justin Lewis. My digital marketing company has been in business for over 10 years with multiple six-figure years. We do provide a premium web design service.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Natniszakov
    I understand you so much !
    I work better under pressure too.
    What you can do is a list with the activities for the day, and you can't go to sleep if you don't finish or something like that. It works for me.
    Having a schedule is the best way to go, I think.
    Signature

    Nat Niszakov

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlyseS
    Ok, it seems you need to focus all your efforts on getting more clients in more than one way, and not solely relying on Adwords, especially, if it's not producing the volume you need. Waiting on Adwords to supply you with enough clients to get you motivated is not a plan for the long term. You are still going to need to find something inside you that will make you want to get more clients proactively and thus filling your pipeline and keeping you busy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7960913].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lerxtjr
      Sounds like you need to join a mastermind group. Find a group of people with like minds and like situations and meet once a month or even once a week to verbally announce goals and "get accountability." Nothing sucks more than to hear reports of accomplishments from mastermind group members and ME be the only one that didn't meet the goals I announced at the last meeting.
      Signature

      Come practice your public speaking skills with us FREE every week! SpeakersSpeakLIVE.com >>

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7963640].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author goodmast3r
        Originally Posted by lerxtjr View Post

        Sounds like you need to join a mastermind group. Find a group of people with like minds and like situations and meet once a month or even once a week to verbally announce goals and "get accountability." Nothing sucks more than to hear reports of accomplishments from mastermind group members and ME be the only one that didn't meet the goals I announced at the last meeting.
        Thanks, i'll look into one
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7964010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icemonkey9
    I've always believed in the group challenge mentality. One idea is to align yourself with some people you trust and engage in a little friendly wager on who can perform the best. Obviously, don't "bet the farm" on it, but I've seen this work time and again in so many different parts of life.

    Weight loss? We're doing a weight loss challenge at work and we all put in $20. It's keeping us all totally competitive and we're at the same time watching out for each other. The money is no big deal, but it makes it a little interesting.

    Poker? Many people struggle to put in the time to play a lot to improve and make money. So many people put in challenges to put in a certain number of hands (typically 25,000+ a month) so that they hold themselves accountable for attaining their goals.

    So, you can apply this theory with others and align your goals, then come up with a challenge and run with it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7963940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mak98
    Maybe this quote will help, I will read it and its kind of motivational.

    “High achievers spot rich opportunities swiftly, make big decisions quickly, and move into action immediately. Follow these principles and you can make your dreams come true.” – Robert H. Schuller

    “If you’ll not settle for anything less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives.” — Vince Lombardi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7963971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evocess
    Well I think you need to raise your standard. Don't just get easily contented with simple things. Try to push yourself to go beyond without any pressure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7964437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aduttonater
    Set some goals that you know you will be determined to accomplish. Keep at it everyday.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7966656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Originally Posted by goodmast3r View Post

    I currently have a good life. Have a small family and every thing we need is available. We live modestly. I'm comfortable with the conditions right now. But there is something I really want to have a profitable business, which can run without me paying much attention to it. I'm on it right now, but it seems that I'm running to slow. I think that's because I have no pressure. You know that kind of pressure like I need to get this done otherwise what will I eat tomorrow.

    What should I do? I believe when I'm in pressure, I will work better. Is this because don't have enough determination?

    I am EXACTLY like you. I do this mental exercise where I pretend I need to make $X or get X done by a certain date or else the world will end. It sounds silly but it's a huge motivating force. So essentially just manufacture the pressure and eventually the benefits of feeling pressured will become habitual!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7966764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gurugrimmer
    Originally Posted by goodmast3r View Post

    I currently have a good life. Have a small family and every thing we need is available. We live modestly. I'm comfortable with the conditions right now. But there is something I really want to have a profitable business, which can run without me paying much attention to it. I'm on it right now, but it seems that I'm running to slow. I think that's because I have no pressure. You know that kind of pressure like I need to get this done otherwise what will I eat tomorrow.

    What should I do? I believe when I'm in pressure, I will work better. Is this because don't have enough determination?
    You have to find a new thing to drive you... instead of being hungry for survival.. now you can be hungry to make a real difference in the lives of the people you will help for instance... you need to tap in to what matters most to you... leaving a legacy? Showing your family how it's done? Spiritual growth? Becoming a serial philanthropist? Whatever it is... you need to create a gap between where you are now and where you want to be... and start visualising/feeling it often in detail, so you get hungry for it... there' more I can tell you but that's a start.
    Signature

    After 2 years 3 months of research... I found alternative's for essential tools (like gotowebinar, camtasia, survey monkey and many more) that are just as good as the ones you've heard about, but cost a ton less! So good even Guru's like Mike Filsaime have used and recommended them. Click here to find out what most insiders know but don't tell...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7966776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mert
    Seriously? If you don't have purpose with what you're doing, there's no point doing so. It does not have to be about the money, that's one BIG mistake by most marketers. It's a loooong and winding road and you can get caught real bad. But if you have passion for what you do (not just because you like to have it.) it won't matter. It's how you live,eat and sleep what you love to do.

    I think you should start by asking yourself...
    1. Do I really see myself doing this for life?

    2. Do I have enough knowledge or am I willing to invest my time (months and years) learning?

    3. when I achieve my goal, what's next?

    Most people think that IM is a walk in the park, or that it's a no-brainer career. Well, 2 to 5 years ago you people think that it's a quick money scheme and most of them are either broke now or have given up already. Find your purpose!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7968560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stopper
    Pressure is important for you to achieve milestones. Without the pressure of the world wars human aviation would be decades behind where it is right now. I don't have the secret to pressure right now but when I find it I will be ready to share.
    Signature
    http://www.charlesmomo.com Are you interested in 200 to 400 visitors a day to your site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7969471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SimonR
    - Try to never me comfortable , always want more

    - Build a dreamboard , were you put on it everything that you want , cars , house lifestyle , travel , etc etc etc........ put that dreamboard somewhere you can see it EVERYDAY. minimum 2 times a day

    - Take a sheet of paper and writhe on it your life goal , with all goal put a deadline , again put it somewhere can see it everyday ,minimum 2 times a day *( when you wake up and when you go sleep )

    - Everytime you go to bed ask yourself , what I did today to help my business/venture go foward , and ask yourself after that what would you do tomorrow to make it go forward ( your brain will work on solution during the night on how to make it happen , thats the magic of the subconscious.

    - Tell your goal to friends and family , since you tell them it will give you pressure to make it happens , you will have no choice to ¨Walk the Talk¨

    - become NON-NEGOCIABLE about success, if you want to success as bad as you want to breath , i promise you , you will

    - be always learning.

    - be thankfull for what life give you, everymorning when you wake up be happy about something that you have , or that you have done or that happen to you , i promise you , just this will give you enough energy for the whole day !


    If you apply those tips I promise you that in the next 90 days you will see improvement in your business and in life , and if you don't ill give you 750 free facebook like for the heck of it from my website X4Social | Fans For Facebook !


    Simon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7970053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ramcon
    Yes, it does means that you are comfortable. Don't get too much of it, because you will never know what surprises tomorrow holds. Work hard, I think you having your family is enough for a determination.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8064419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goodmast3r
    Hi Guys, I finally found it. Basically you can get pressure from other people, which is client and employee. So what you need to do is hire employee which means you need to work hard so so you can pay him. And look for more projects, if you have work to do that means you are under pressure to deliver.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8064492].message }}

Trending Topics