Post #500: Beautiful Beginnings Disguised As Horrible Endings

25 replies
500.

Checked my mailbox this afternoon. No popcorn tin from Paul Myers

There must be thousands of you perusing this forum looking for a way out.

Some of you may hate your job, hate your hobbies, or even hate yourself.

If you fall into one of those categories currently, I can relate to you very well.

6 Years ago, I hated my job. It was soul crushing and purposeless.

I was also beginning to hate my hobbies. I was losing interest in the only activities that brought me any joy - working out, athletics, reading, etc. Bored with all of it.

Losing interest in my hobbies stemmed from losing interest in myself. I hated myself at that point in my life.

I felt desperate and stuck.

And I am willing to bet that a lot of you feel that same way, right this second.

My story isn't unique per se, nor is it Earth shattering, but it is my story.

And I hope it helps someone out there who is going through hell right now.

2012 was my best year ever as a marketer.

I felt as though after 5 years of dabbling, but never giving up, I was really beginning to see the fruits of my labor.

I had since quit my horrible job to build not one, but two successful businesses in a very short amount of time. I'm not talking millions, but they were certainly successful.

Life was good.

I got to watch my beautiful baby daughter grow up right before my eyes.

There are very few fathers in this ill-prioritized country we call The United States of America that get to experience what I was able to see.

And then 2013 came.

Divorce filings.

Custody battle.

Earth shattering revelations.

Household debt mounting.

No light at the end of the tunnel.

Zero help.

Yep.

This all went down - and still is, as we speak.

I am not looking for sympathy. That isn't my style.

I don't need anyone feeling sorry for me.

The point I would like to make, if I may though, is this:

If you think you are going through absolute hell right now, and you are trying to change your way, any way you can, just KEEP GOING.

Time isn't on our side. It's a constant race against the clock.

I am willing to bet that you can do it.

I did.

And I still am.

In fact, I have produced more content, coached more students, and helped more people this year that in any other year of my life.

This is fact.

I will have launched almost 10 high quality products before this year is over.

I have revamped my coaching program and it is better than ever.

I have grown my influential business network by almost 1,000 people since the year started.

And I did all of this with a heart that was destroyed.

If you are wallowing in your sorrows right now about your disposition, you have no choice but to keep going.

On your way to the coffee shop tomorrow, you could get smashed by an 18 wheeler and be dead in an instant.

What if you knew that would be your reality tomorrow?

You'd hug your kids a little tighter tonight.

You'd tell your loved one's how you love them with every fiber of your being.

Your dinner would taste like no other.

Your laughs would be deeper.

Everything you do you would do with a purpose.

Just keep going.

From this moment on, no matter how dire your situation might seem, you have the strength to turn your life around. You have total control over how you react to what is presented to you.

If you want to make tons of money on the internet, then get the fxck up and go get it. Stop making this so difficult on yourself, and please stop making excuses for your lack of production.

Phil Knight wasn't kidding when he said "Just Do It". That slogan will never go away. It's too important, and ALWAYS relevant.

There is an incredible amount of wealth in this world. Incredible amount.

It's right there for the taking.

So go and get it for gxd's sake.

Stop with the excuses.

For those of you that have seen the movie Fight Club with Ed Norton and Brad Pitt, you'll remember a scene called the 'Human Sacrifice'.

For those of you who have not seen that movie - please go look up "Fight Club Human Sacrifice" or "Fight Club Raymond K Hessel".

Go look this up and watch the three minute scene between Pitt, Norton, and Hessel. I am speaking directly to those of you who can't get over the hump in your life, for whatever reason. There is an incredibly relevant lesson to be learned by watching that scene.

If someone wants to embed the actual clip in a response, go for it.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

And I sure as hell won't let the events that have transpired in my personal life in 2013 get in the way of the future I know I deserve.

And you shouldn't either.

You have no excuses.

If there was a WSO you had your eye on today, buy the damn thing. And then go and make it work. Don't stop until it does.

There was a mentor you were going to reach out to but didn't because of fear of something.

Would you rather be dead?

Make the connection.

Start making things happen.

No one else is going to do this for you.

They don't care.

They're too busy making things happen for themselves.

The bullshxt stops now.

I sincerely hope someone reads this and it changes their point of view.

KEEP GOING.
##500 #beautiful #beginnings #disguised #endings #horrible #i am ready to quit #internet marketing coach #internet marketing mentor #perseverence #post #success stories
  • Profile picture of the author Fredbou
    Wow, that is just SO inspirational. I won't tell you that it brought tears to my elderly eyes, or that it crossed my mind that there are just so many wonderful young people out there, no matter what the media are continually thrusting down our throats.

    Please keep telling your story!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528521].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KenJ
      Hi Brendon

      Thanks for giving me a great start to my day. You do not ask for sympathy (Although you have mine in bucket loads for sure) but persist with a "Can Do" attitude and outlook that is inspiring.

      You have turned my day around

      KenJ
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8528553].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
        Originally Posted by KenJ View Post

        Hi Brendon

        Thanks for giving me a great start to my day. You do not ask for sympathy (Although you have mine in bucket loads for sure) but persist with a "Can Do" attitude and outlook that is inspiring.

        You have turned my day around

        KenJ
        Thanks KenJ.

        Take a big stride today, whatever that is. It only has to be BIG in your terms, because the size is relative.

        Don't wait to do it.

        Do it now.

        Brendon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529082].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by Fredbou View Post

      Wow, that is just SO inspirational. I won't tell you that it brought tears to my elderly eyes, or that it crossed my mind that there are just so many wonderful young people out there, no matter what the media are continually thrusting down our throats.

      Please keep telling your story!

      There's a TON more to my story.

      It's merely proof that humans are damn powerful and you are one of those humans.

      There isn't one thing you can't do if you put your mind to it.

      We are all here looking for ways to increase our income or make life changes, and it is much easier than we all make it out to be.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamBringIt
    Awesome post bro! A lot of what you have typed, really hits deep and most can relate to it...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529133].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by TeamBringIt View Post

      Awesome post bro! A lot of what you have typed, really hits deep and most can relate to it...
      Thank TBI.

      Just gotta keep going.

      Never know when that day is coming, so the time to do something is always right now.

      Brendon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stevie C
    Nice post , you didn't change my point of view because I totally agree with it. Grab life, take action and take responsibility.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529148].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by Stevie C View Post

      Nice post , you didn't change my point of view because I totally agree with it. Grab life, take action and take responsibility.
      I like your style my man.

      Brendon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529207].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529216].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by x3xsolxdierx3x View Post

      Completely refreshing to read something like this so early in the morning.

      Thanks, Brendon!
      I have the utmost respect for you and your service my friend.

      You are an action taker - I remember reading your posts in this forum years ago.

      Glad I could recharge your battery this morning!

      Brendon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JessZ07
    awesome- great read. thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529225].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by JessZ07 View Post

      awesome- great read. thanks
      JessZ,

      It is my pleasure. I hope you have the best day you've had this week

      Brendon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8529236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aurelijus
    Powerful. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530063].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by Aurelijus View Post

      Powerful. Thanks!
      Always brother.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
    Great post. Thanks Brendon. : )

    Reminds me of one of my favourite quotations: “If you're going through hell, keep going.”¾ Winston Churchill.
    Signature
    "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8530115].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

      Great post. Thanks Brendon. : )

      Reminds me of one of my favourite quotations: "If you're going through hell, keep going."¾ Winston Churchill.
      That about sums it up J2!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8531097].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NewBirth2010
        Wowww... Man..... Thank you so much. . I identify with your story....

        I am going through a hell right now with a boss that screams on me on a daily basis, a girl that does not want to see me anymore..... I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE....

        I have so many good ideas going around my mind but I can not believe in my self enough to pursue them....

        Your post gave me that sparkle... I swear I will kick this life in the ass. I WILL MAKE MY SELF IN THE POSITION TO BE ABLE TO SAY BYE TO THAT IDIOT BOSS and donkey work I am doing now. And also all those stupid angry anxious terrified colleagues that blackmail each other every day ......

        Sorry guys, I got to do something. Things can not go more wrong appart from, thanks god, I have no debts !
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533562].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
          Originally Posted by NewBirth2010 View Post

          Wowww... Man..... Thank you so much. . I identify with your story....

          I am going through a hell right now with a boss that screams on me on a daily basis, a girl that does not want to see me anymore..... I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE....

          I have so many good ideas going around my mind but I can not believe in my self enough to pursue them....

          Your post gave me that sparkle... I swear I will kick this life in the ass. I WILL MAKE MY SELF IN THE POSITION TO BE ABLE TO SAY BYE TO THAT IDIOT BOSS and donkey work I am doing now. And also all those stupid angry anxious terrified colleagues that blackmail each other every day ......

          Sorry guys, I got to do something. Things can not go more wrong appart from, thanks god, I have no debts !
          Don't succumb to the BS.

          Just keep learning, and keep doing. Tomorrow won't come back and is now irrelevant.

          You can do it my friend.

          Glad this helped ya out.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8536132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NewBirth2010
    Thank you friend

    This is going to be the biggest leap in my life at 39 !



    #
    Every time when I look in the mirror
    All these lines on my face getting clearer
    The past is gone
    It went by, like dusk to dawn
    Isn't that the way
    Everybody's got the dues in life to pay
    ....
    etc
    ...
    ..
    You got to lose to know how to win
    #

    That aerosmith song finishes like:
    "Dream on
    Dream until your dreams come true"

    Regardless of age and disability.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8536457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author natebunger
    This is one of the reasons why I spend many of my time here in the Mind Warriors section. Your story really moved me. Yes, it's not unique as many are experiencing the same things but it's your attitude and how you handle them that caught me. You didn't really change my point of view as well because I agree with what you have posted here but you made me stronger. Thanks a lot, man. It's not always that you get to make someone stronger. I would definitely love to hear more of your stories.
    Signature
    ##ATTENTION##

    Do You Hate Writing Sales Copy?

    I create killer copy for squeeze pages, video scripts, email auto-responders and sales pages. Click here to see reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8541102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by natebunger View Post

      This is one of the reasons why I spend many of my time here in the Mind Warriors section. Your story really moved me. Yes, it's not unique as many are experiencing the same things but it's your attitude and how you handle them that caught me. You didn't really change my point of view as well because I agree with what you have posted here but you made me stronger. Thanks a lot, man. It's not always that you get to make someone stronger. I would definitely love to hear more of your stories.
      Nate,

      Glad you enjoyed it - it's real life stuff.

      Everyone's got a story though, and my story isn't unique.

      But when it's all said and done, it will come out as one hell of a remarkable success story.

      Brendon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8546426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arun Chandran
    This post is fantastic. The best I've read so far. Thanks Brendon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8542401].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SShip
    What a great post but I am extremely sorry for all your pain this year though.

    I hear you. I've a couple of not so nice scares this year myself and this is the attitude I've held through them. I feel staying positive and looking at things in a positive light and not a negative light is the best medicine for most things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8542433].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NewBirth2010
      Sorry, there is not such a thing like "positive" or "negative"....

      You are "positive", then your boss starts yelling at you and you are instantly within in the"negative" state.

      Don't be superficial. If you don't have a strong Spiritual and Physical body to support you, you will always be in the negative state no matter how you try.... I am not against persistence. I fight everyday to keep standards that to my boss look like bullshit.

      Instead, focus your effort on Spirit and Body. Spirit is your software and Body is your hardware....

      A strong spiritual "Operating System" is what can get you out of the missery and make you feel "positive". But you can not say to others "be positive". You can teach them how to be positive and this must be routed down to the spiritual Operating System of each person.....

      Fight and focus on the right elements. Your goal is still to make your dreams come true.

      Take care.
      (Back to the fight, with my stupid co-workers).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8544017].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brendon Zahrndt
      Originally Posted by SShip View Post

      What a great post but I am extremely sorry for all your pain this year though.

      I hear you. I've a couple of not so nice scares this year myself and this is the attitude I've held through them. I feel staying positive and looking at things in a positive light and not a negative light is the best medicine for most things.
      Thank you for that.

      I'm over the pain for sure.

      Trying to be the change, you know?

      Brendon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8546435].message }}

Trending Topics