I want you to save time and to avoid to reproduce the same mistakes I've done on the road to make money on the internet.
I've had successes on that road, but I also lost a lot of time doing crap and trying to find shortcuts.
Please read that list carefully, it's from my own experience online (I started 3 years ago).
1) Don't try to find shortcuts: You won't make 1,000$ overnight, at least, not at the begining. Maybe some people will tell you it's possible, but trust me, it's not.
2) If you are not proud of it, don't do it: Never invest time or money or efforts in developing something that you are not proud of, or that you wouldn't sell to your friends or family. When you invest your time, which is your most valuable asset, do it for a good reason. Would you really sell that ebook about how to cure breast cancer to your old grandma' ?
3) Build relations: Good relations are very useful in online business. You'll always go further with people you can work with or who you can help.
4) Give good value so that people want to spend their money: When you develop a product or a website, make sure to give good content to your readers or customers. Don't waste your time, your readers' time or your customers' money. Be respectful to the people who read what you've written and who purchase what you sell.
5) Stop postponing action: Stop reading that list now (ok, you can read until the end...), take a piece of paper, turn OFF your computer and start thinking how you can make that money online. But remember : always have a business plan in mind.
6) Take 5 minutes to think before you turn ON your computer: I think it's one of the most useful advice. Your computer is a tool, if you don't need it, don't use it. Do you spend time watching an axe when you are not cutting wood ? Stop wasting time doing nothing. You are not acting, you are just dreaming. I think for most people (including me a few months ago...), 80% of the time spent online is wasted or at least not 100% productive...
7) Evaluate the time you spend: At the end of the day, take a piece of paper and write down what you did to increase your incomes. Be honest. If you can't write at least 3 things in the first 30 seconds, then you wasted your time. And "looking for ideas on WF" is not something you can write in that 3-points - list, you know it...
8) Give before you ask: Stop alway asking for help and start helping people. Try to spend time resolving their problems. You'll make them happy and you'll meet opportunities. Stop being selfish and greedy.
9) Don't blog if you have nothing to say: I see hundreds of people blogging and writing about their challenges and their "incomes reports" about how they made 10$ a month promoting hosting services or aweber...Guess what: no one give a damn. If you don't have anything interesting to write, just don't.
Reach at least one goal, help people, get some experience and then you can start writing your own blog.
10) Stop jumping from one idea to another one: Just find a good idea, something that you are interested in and that can be monetized with a good business plan and then put all your efforts in it. Do it for one month without doing anything else. Then take one day OFF to think about what you've done during that month. Have you reached your goals ? have you made money ? If not, it's time to go to the forum to ask for help, but not after your first day of labor...
11) If you don't want to invest money, that means you don't trust your project: If you don't want to spend 20$ buying a domain name and a hosting, that mean you don't even think you are able to make 20 bucks from your idea. You are wasting your time...
Hope this list will help you.
I wish I could have had that kind of advices a few years ago, it would have saved me a lot of time...
Feel free to add more advices or to ask questions