What is the Law of attraction?

27 replies
I'm looking for good resources to learn more about the law of attraction and start putting it into action and manifesting massive things in my life. What do you recommend to read?
#attraction #law
  • Profile picture of the author Joe Mobley
    What is the Law of attraction?
    An advertising gimmick for WooWoo BS.

    Joe Mobley
    Signature

    .

    Follow Me on Twitter: @daVinciJoe
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8630732].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Dinero
      Originally Posted by Joe Mobley View Post

      An advertising gimmick for WooWoo BS.

      Joe Mobley
      Well... you clearly dont have a clue, listen... not just because we cant see something it doesnt exist... theres a lot of stuff humans cant explain right now, dont be so closed minded dude. The law of attraction exists, thats all Im gonna say, read up on it and put it to practice
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8638589].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joe Mobley
        Originally Posted by Rod Dinero View Post

        Well... you clearly dont have a clue,
        Let me tell you some things I do have a clue about; facts, evidence, truth, logic, reason, etc. You know, those characteristics that the "Law of Attraction" has successfully eluded.

        Originally Posted by Rod Dinero View Post

        listen... not just because we cant see something it doesnt exist... theres a lot of stuff humans cant explain right now,
        Which obviously means that woo-woo must be true-woo... NOT!

        Originally Posted by Rod Dinero View Post

        dont be so closed minded dude.
        I'm pretty open-minded. I'm just not foolish enough to be so open-minded that my brains fall out.

        Originally Posted by Rod Dinero View Post

        The law of attraction exists,
        Yea, and it's more accurately called "coincidence!" That's why there are long discussions about why the "Law of Attraction" is not working for you.

        Originally Posted by Rod Dinero View Post

        thats all Im gonna say,
        And that would be because there's not really much more to say about the woo-woo "law of attraction."

        Originally Posted by Rod Dinero View Post

        read up on it and put it to practice


        I think I'm go'na stick with reality. It's way more fun and productive.

        Joe Mobley

        Signature

        .

        Follow Me on Twitter: @daVinciJoe
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8640610].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rod Dinero
          Originally Posted by Joe Mobley View Post

          Let me tell you some things I do have a clue about; facts, evidence, truth, logic, reason, etc. You know, those characteristics that the "Law of Attraction" has successfully eluded.



          Which obviously means that woo-woo must be true-woo... NOT!



          I'm pretty open-minded. I'm just not foolish enough to be so open-minded that my brains fall out.



          Yea, and it's more accurately called "coincidence!" That's why there are long discussions about why the "Law of Attraction" is not working for you.



          And that would be because there's not really much more to say about the woo-woo "law of attraction."



          I think I'm go'na stick with reality. It's way more fun and productive.

          Joe Mobley

          "Theres no worse deaf man than the man who doesnt want to listen"

          Whatever dude, I wont waste my time trying to explain anything to you... since you seem to already have it all figured out about life and the universe with your precious little human logic.
          I respect your opinion though

          Good luck dude
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8641735].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MartynM
            The Secret is a lot of hollywood bullshit! This is what a lot of it was based on. An excellent book with support forums too. The Science Of Getting Rich

            The Science of Getting Rich Network - Since 1999, FREE Law of Attraction resources
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8641751].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author teknetz
              Originally Posted by MartynM View Post

              The Secret is a lot of hollywood bullshit! This is what a lot of it was based on. An excellent book with support forums too. The Science Of Getting Rich

              The Science of Getting Rich Network - Since 1999, FREE Law of Attraction resources

              Umm this is actually incorrect... The Secret was based of Napolean Hills Think & Grow Rich, written in 1937. The stories in that book, the methods used, are EXACTLY what the law of attraction is. Don't you find it ODD that only 1% of the population controls 98% of all the wealth? They obviously know something, and I'm not talking about their education. Don't you think if Think & Grow Rich were full of "woo-hoo" and "bullshit" that more than a million millionaires would publically attribute their gains & riches to the lessons learned in that book? Look it up.

              If you study the men that MAKE millionaires, then you will learn that attitude, intention, thought and action has EVERYTHING to do with success.

              After all, Isn't everything we see here today in our reality once a thought in someone's brain?
              Signature

              Master Your Life! 5 Day Plan! - http://mastery4.me

              Help Fight Diabetes! Get my FREE report, Diabetes Cheat Sheets!

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8677609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CupcakeCandyWolf
    The law of attraction is a way to improve your life. (self help)
    Basically, if you change your way of thinking you can get what you want in your life. I've done it and it has worked wonders for me.

    Further explained in this video.--->
    Amazon.com: The Law Of Attraction - Mastering The...Amazon.com: The Law Of Attraction - Mastering The...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8631932].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tobyjensen
      The movie The Secret was very popular. It was on Oprah also. It emphasizes the imagination part and only has one line in the whole movie about taking the appropriate action to deliver those goals. That's the basis of manifesting - that whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe the mind of man can achieve. It is obviously much more involved than this but that is the basis for it.

      One of the books that The Secret was based on was The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles. Many groups have formed around this as well. Courses are offered all over the internet as well as an almost limited supply of life coaches offering to teach it to you.

      If none of your beliefs contradict being successful you should have a fairly straight forward go of it. But if you are like the majority of people who are afraid of success and hate failing then it would be a bit more strategic if you work to straighten out your beliefs. Then you will have a far greater chance not only of achieving success, however you define it, but also you will actually enjoy that success.
      Signature

      Toby Jensen - Invest in what works this time

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632149].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SarahThomas
      I loved that movie.

      Originally Posted by CupcakeCandyWolf View Post

      The law of attraction is a way to improve your life. (self help)
      Basically, if you change your way of thinking you can get what you want in your life. I've done it and it has worked wonders for me.

      Further explained in this video.---> The Secret FULL MOVIE - YouTube

      Amazon.com: The Law Of Attraction - Mastering The Law Of Attraction In 3 Simple Steps (The Law Of Attraction, Personal Success,) eBook: Nathan Farrelly: Kindle Store
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bridget10
    You can read Esther Hicks law of Attraction.
    You can check her out on You Tube.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632389].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    let me tell you the secret secret of the secret and the secret to it
    you can't attract much while you are stuck on your butt or chewing on a list of butts

    close your eye and imagine the healthy body you want to have .

    now write out a but list

    but i will need to go on a diet
    but i will need to workout more
    but i don't have the time
    but my parents where chubby
    but my genes are genes that keep me fat
    but i do not like salad
    but but but

    now think of the body healthy body you want

    and go over your but list and think ... maybe if i start by driveing to the grocery store and parking a bit far away from the fron and walk in and buy lettus tomatoe onions ..or what ever you want on a salad for a few days ..

    the secret to the law of attraction is to focus on what you want and allow ideas to come to you that get you moving in the direction you want.

    don't believe me test it out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632475].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author YHmuWong
      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      let me tell you the secret secret of the secret and the secret to it
      you can't attract much while you are stuck on your butt or chewing on a list of butts

      close your eye and imagine the healthy body you want to have .

      now write out a but list

      but i will need to go on a diet
      but i will need to workout more
      but i don't have the time
      but my parents where chubby
      but my genes are genes that keep me fat
      but i do not like salad
      but but but

      now think of the body healthy body you want

      and go over your but list and think ... maybe if i start by driveing to the grocery store and parking a bit far away from the fron and walk in and buy lettus tomatoe onions ..or what ever you want on a salad for a few days ..

      the secret to the law of attraction is to focus on what you want and allow ideas to come to you that get you moving in the direction you want.

      don't believe me test it out
      Ideal is where you are going rather than what you want to achieve.Thanks for the secret of secret.I just read the latter only.
      Signature

      Number 11 is lucky in snake & ladders.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8632833].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rrogers82
        It's a good movie, inspiring, but totaly useless unless you take ACTION, I remember a quote by Larry Winget "If everything you thought about came about then all adolescent boys would become girls."

        It's not just what you think about but what you do something about, the movie never really mentions doing anything, just thinking a lot, which is nice to hear, it makes you feel good but thinking alone isnt going to produce results, not in my opinion anyway.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635098].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Chris Kua
          Originally Posted by rrogers82 View Post

          It's a good movie, inspiring, but totaly useless unless you take ACTION, I remember a quote by Larry Winget "If everything you thought about came about then all adolescent boys would become girls."

          It's not just what you think about but what you do something about, the movie never really mentions doing anything, just thinking a lot, which is nice to hear, it makes you feel good but thinking alone isnt going to produce results, not in my opinion anyway.
          ROGERS THAT! I'll be the first to say that I was enamored by The Secret. It was my first delve into the metaphysical world that even scientists agree exist.

          HOWEVER...

          You can think a thousand positive thoughts...
          Say a thousand affirmations...
          Have a thousand good emotions...

          And still end up not achieving anything...

          Jim Carrey put it best....

          "Visualization works. But you can't just visualize and then go eat a sandwich."

          There's only one thing that ACTUALLY gets you to your goals...ACTION!

          Think about it. There are a lot of rich negative people and there are a lot of broke positive people.

          If you want to really study something, study the principles of successful people...not their STRATEGIES...not what they do...but how they live and conduct themselves daily...that will work much faster than watching The Secret.

          Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ghoster
    Whether the metaphysical aspects of the Law of Attraction work or not, the process can train you to spot opportunities in your environment that you might otherwise miss.

    The process involves imagining what you want to experiences and then allowing yourself to feel as if you've already obtained it. The concept is similar to being happy rather than waiting for something to be happy about.

    It encourages a different perspective.
    Signature

    On the whole, you get what you pay for.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8635305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abdovic
    Law of attraction techniques are meant to set you in the proper mindset to actually do the work to get what you want. You have to stick with the affirmations and visual aids and whatever law of attraction techniques you use on a daily basis to truly recondition your brain to work the way you want it to. In turn, this reflects in your actions and behaviors. Simply wishing doesn't make it so.

    Your affirmations should be along the lines of these:

    "I remember everything I read."
    "I enjoy learning more each new day."
    "I learn and comprehend with ease."
    "I am learning what I need to improve my grades"
    "I am an excellent student. I am always on top of my work."


    So, you're having trouble with studying, but you want to get good grades...along with the law of attraction techniques, the next step is to take a look at why you are having such a hard time focusing on your studies. What's distracting you? Eliminate these distractions during a set time period every day. Allow yourself a small treat of some sort when you have completed your daily studies. Perhaps you need to find a tutor to help you get on the right track in improving your study habits, your comprehension, and your grades.

    Your future is what you make of it. Do whatever you can to help yourself reach your goals. If you want something badly enough, then it's worth working for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8638782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TerryX
    Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich is a classic, Also look up Wallace Wattles Science of Getting Rich, Also like Earl Nightingale The Strangest Secret, Charles F. Haanel The Master Key System, and William Walker Atkinson's Thought Vibration

    I prefer the old school New Thought Stuff

    But I do enjoy Esther Hicks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xohaibx
    I'd recommend Creative Visualization by Shakti Gwain. Although it doesn't directly speak about the law of attraction, it is one of the best books on "attracting what you want".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author avrthecreator
    Law of Attraction just don't come up only with release of "The Secret". The Master Life Coach NAPOLEON HILL's "Think and Grow Rich" is a very simple practical explanation of Law of Atrraction. There is no big mystery out there, just practical do-dos and no woes..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8640965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author A2black
    Esther/Abraham Hicks on You Tube is a great way to learn all about it. I also recommend the book A Happy Pocket Full Of Money (it's hardly about dollars) by David Cameron. It's an excellent book that will help you understand LOA.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8673706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
    So many things in life to read. It really depends on what you want to know, better to read that.
    Signature

    Ricardo Furtado

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8674451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesse Helms
    "The secret" is really good, I took something away from, its free, not even a squeeze page check it out!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8674485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goindeep
    The secret is OK but for me it leans more on the side of hokey pokey good joo joo AKA new age mumbo jumbo all for the purpose of making money from someone that honestly does not really understand it.

    Here is the thing from someone (me) that has used manifestation before, successfully -many times and also has what I personally believe to be a great basis on science and a pretty sturdy bullshit meter.

    Law of attraction is basically otherwise referred to as manifestation. the word manifestation should be used not "Law of Attraction" or "The Secret" or whatever other modern day BS it has now been associated with.

    Manifestation is a real thing and it does work, if you don't believe in it I am not here to convince you, if you don't want to have an understanding of a tool that you can use to help youself, so be it, your loss.

    HOWEVER a big however... you have to really really understand manifestation.

    It's not some magic trick where the Universe just spits out candy like a never ending free candy ATM and there are consequences for every action in this Universe, call it what you want, action = reaction, Karma, whatever!

    Just understand that there is an exchange of energy going on so before you selfishly and ignorantly start trying to manifest a boat load of money for yourself understand that the money comes from somewhere and maybe you just took it from the kid down the street that needed it for his bone marrow transplant or that when you ask for big boobs or a big penis that the energy it requires to grow those might be taken from your vital organs so you end up dying of a heart attack! lol.

    It's funny but it's all true - there are many more things at play here then just silly kids magic. Be careful what you wish for. You have been warned.

    Now, without getting into the nuts and bolts of it all because I honestly do not have time and I happened to stumble on this thread, here is a very brief explanation of what it is and how it works.

    Manifestation is simply you willing something that normally could not or 'should' not have happened by simply using intent.

    Manifestation works because the Universe you reside in is all connected, it's all one thing and that thing is alive! It's alive and in a sense it's kind of like one big organic organism no different to your own body. Take that how you want, there are levels with those statements.

    This Universe is made or designed as an electronic or better put and "energetic" hologram of sorts. Well this hologram has code to it, like programming. So because there is a code, you can in a sense "hack" this code. That's all I'm saying on that.. I've already said too much, if you get it, well done, if you don't bad luck for you.

    So your whole existence and reality that you live in, everything from your brains perception of reality and your external life such as your home, your work, your town etc is all just energy that is constantly inter reacting. Well this energy can be effected by your thoughts or better yet your "emotions".

    This is why people that are said to have "bad luck" always seem to have bad luck, or this is why when you have a bad run, things just seem to constantly go bad for you e.g. you smash your car, your get sick, you get into an argument with your spouse etc. And the same works in reverse.

    it's because you are now sending signals out that this is your reality and not only this but also you believe it to be so, belief has a very big factor to play in all of this.

    Well manifestation is where you wilfully sit down and ask for whatever it is you want and or need to happen and you go through a set of steps to kind of "ask" it to happen. I wont get into the exact steps of what I do and how I do it, but lets just say that I use emotions, visualizations, I ask for it and I assume or believe it will simply happen, I kind of expect it to happen because that's how it is written...

    But remember a few things. Firstly you can't be too specific, if your too specific you limit your options and you make it too hard for the Universe to give you what you want and need.

    Remember that the Universe is not only efficient but it kind has to work within the realms of what we would consider reality so it's not going to drop a sexy, blonde 21 year old girl onto your doorstep just out of thin air because well that's not really how it works, you kind have to work with it and put yourself out into a cafe where that is going to happen for you.. get it?

    Good luck and all the best, nuff from me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8675088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author teknetz
    A lot has been said here about the law of attraction, but let me break it down for you as it all comes down to one, simple concept.

    Everything in the universe from the atoms in your body, to the largest stars and planets all have their own, unique frequency. Your thoughts also emit a frequency.

    When you are continually emitting the same frequency, over and over, it is going to draw to you, more of the same. The problem is, most people are emitting or thinking about what they don't want, and wonder why they keep getting more of it.

    One of the tricks, is to be very specific with what you want... Make the pictures in your head BIGGER and BRIGHTER and add SOUND. Also, make sure that YOU are in the picture and that your statements are in PRESENT TENSE. i.e. "I'm so glad I have this new car"

    Now, I'm going to share something that most people will just brush off and never use, but I have found a way to almost eliminate the time-delay it usually takes for things to manifest. Again it comes back down to frequency...

    The sound of "Ahhh" is the first sound of creation. We hear it in all the names of "God".. BudAH, KrishNA, AllAH, JehovAH... This is the sound that manifests reality 1000 times faster than doing what the movie "The Secret" tells you...

    To use this, each morning begin to meditate by breathing in and releasing this sound into the world. Feel the sound come up from your root chakra, up your spine, and out through your third eye as you say "ahhhhhhhhhhh".....

    While you are doing this, visualize your crystal clear image of what it is that you want, but in your vision, don't go to it, bring IT to YOU..

    Do this for 20 minutes each morning and tell me where you are in a week. I promise it will be TOTALLY different than where you are today.

    I'd be interested to know your results(if your willing to try it that is)
    Signature

    Master Your Life! 5 Day Plan! - http://mastery4.me

    Help Fight Diabetes! Get my FREE report, Diabetes Cheat Sheets!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8676469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vikram Anand
    Just watching The Secret is not enough to manifest Law of Attraction. Otherwise everyone would have found Genie saying "Your wish is my command"!
    You have to have specific guidelines to follow.
    Speaking from my personal experience, I had a tough time working upon it.
    But now I finally know how it works and how to use it to manifest our wishes.
    I had to study some advanced literature by experts to understand Law of Attraction.
    Anything worthwhile is never easy!

    Now I am sharing these literature with all those who are keen to take advance lessons of Law of Attraction.

    Check out the link : Mastering the Law of Attraction

    It is well said, "When the student is ready, teacher appears"

    These literature will work as an ideal teacher for you to master the application of the Law of Attraction!

    Good Luck!!
    Signature
    Is there any area of your life where your need help??

    Click Here to access tons of resources on Self Help
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8676703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author avrthecreator
    Originally Posted by teknetz View Post

    The sound of "Ahhh" is the first sound of creation. We hear it in all the names of "God".. BudAH, KrishNA, AllAH, JehovAH... This is the sound that manifests reality 1000 times faster than doing what the movie "The Secret" tells you...
    The Manifestation from the Unmanifest subject lies in the Hindu Mythology from Beginning itself. Sorry I don't mean to talk religion here, but I am the one who is in constant research about this topic. Being a Self Help Coach Myself, I have gone through many books, religious texts etc.,

    The Hindu upanishads says that there was one unmanifest which prevails in the universe which is then manifested into various forms including us. Scientists believe the creation happened because of some vibration. If there should be a vibration there should be sound(scientists believe)

    Even John 1:8 in the bible says "in the beginning there was word", this is self sufficient that there was sound. The sound is heard in every breathe we have its not just "aaahhhhh" its with closing "aaahhhhhmmmm" bcoz we close our lips after saying aahh...mmm.. its near equivalent of Amen, amin said almost everywhere.

    So what this does

    Upanishads talk like this

    It starts from Silence and when pronounced it reaches the manifested universe thus bringing manifestation to your body and mind.

    Our silent mind then gets the capacity of manifesting its desires. This is the sound form used by Indian YOGIS to reach their desires(Mostly reaching heaven). But Kings used it in various ways. If Somebody have known "Padmanabhaswamy Temple's Treasures - Worth More than 10, 000 millions" - then that was gathered by same manifestation methodology. It is evident because these kings were following yogas.

    Now guys, I am not teaching or suggesting Yoga here. My point is LOA is every where, only it got its name here.

    Hindu upanishad which dates back to More than 10000 years as known says this

    "You are your deep and Constant Desire,
    as is your desire, so is your will,
    as you will, so is your effort,
    and as you effort, so is your destiny".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8677612].message }}

Trending Topics