5 Obvious Truths To Life
1. To be loved, you must love
People go through life and expect people to be attracted to them as though they are a magnet, but that never ends up being the case at all. To truly be loved, and not just popular, you must first love. When people see that you are interested in them, they become interested in you. You want to be loved, not just liked or popular. You may want to have favours done for you but for that to happen you must also be willing to return the favour, or do them a favour before you are done one. True love isn’t necessarily the ability of one person to give the other person without anything in return, every relationship is built off this principle of exchange. You exchange your love for their love, true can’t exist on a one way street where one person is giving and the other is receiving all the time. We are all made of love, but it’s your choice whether you want to engage in it.
2. Being busy does not mean we’re productive
A lot of times people see a productive life as one where a person does not stop working, or they are just simply too busy. That is not the definition of productivity. Economically productivity is the amount of output from the input, that is the same for every aspect in life. Productivity is not just the output but in fact how much you get out from what you put in. You aren’t necessarily going to be a productive person by taking up 5 new projects and working on them all for one hour each per day.
3. What we become is based on what we do
To become a self-made millionaire you must do something, an action, to get you that money. No self-made millionaire got the money they have today by just sitting around, they did something whether that’s thinking of a business idea, creating a gadget or investing money in a company. Money does not grow itself, it grows on actions, whether that is actions by you or by other people around you. You aren’t going to grow as a person yourself, you must do something to make yourself grow as a person – read, travel, physical activity, they are all actions that will help you grow. There’s always the excuse of genetics or how you were raised but that’s all bull shit. Those things may be out of your control and factors that may hinder your growth but a disadvantage is not a disability. A homeless child can still become a self-made millionaire, it may just take more than it should but that does not mean it’s impossible.
4. Time doesn’t stop
A very obvious truth in life but people fail to understand the reality of it. You aren’t going to be the same age you are right now for more than a year. If there’s something you wish to achieve before you a certain age then now is the time to start doing it. There’s not a single moment in time where time stops for longer than a second. Don’t leave essay papers to the last minute expecting time to stop and wait for you to finish it. A second now is the same as a second an hour before the deadline, there’s no difference.
5. Life is shorter than you expect
100. That’s the age many people give themselves but really how many people really reach that age? How long does it take before your body begins deteriorating, having problems. It’s inevitable that you will age and reach an age where you will start feeling weaker. Don’t leave plans to the later stages of your life, if there’s something you must do then the time to do it should be now. Time is limited and life is actually short if you look at it from afar, there will be a lot of things you do but there will be far more things that you will not have done by the time your life is over, so make sure the things that you must do are done and leave no regrets behind.
Source: yolodiary.com (see sig)
David Hunter | Duke of Marketing