On Warrior Forum I Think Most People Are BUYERS, Not DOERS...

16 replies
Hey Warriors,

Something I consciously take not of every time I visit Warrior Forum, is the amount of people viewing each section of the forum. I find it interesting to see where the majority of Warriors & Guests are spending their energy and time browsing.

There's one section of the forum in particular that ALWAYS has the most amount of people viewing. I've never seen it any other way and I usually visit this forum at least 4 times a week.

I'm talking about the Warrior Special Offers section, that place is always full! I've never seen the visitor count below 3,500 people. I find that fascinating!

How many of those people viewing it, actually take action, or do they just constantly buy product after a product but never do anything significant with all the information? Or, are the majority of the people viewing that newcomers? I'd love to know how many actual registered users are viewing that section right now. (If anyone can tell me, they'll be awesome for life )

So, what are your thoughts? How many registered Warriors (who signed up in the attempt to learn how to make money online), just spend all of their time purchasing product after product? Never taking any action to move theme close to their dreams? Are you on of them?

I look forward to hearing from you Warriors.

- Joe
#buyers #doers #forum #people #warrior
  • Profile picture of the author Christian Swift
    Hi Joe,

    This is an interesting topic... thanks for opening it up!

    One of the problems with working online is that it is so easy for people to see the next 'bright and shiny object' and get distracted. In my experience, Internet Marketers without a masterplan (and a marketing plan) may drift from doing adwords, to writing articles, to doing every other form of marketing if they do not have a clear-cut strategy to follow on a consistent basis.

    It is clear to see that for some marketers (particularly beginners who do not have a solid plan of action) give up easily on their master-plan, and try other options instead of working hard and succeeding. I suppose that is where the winners are separated from the losers at the end of the day! People would rather change their plan ENTIRELY stating that it isn't working, rather than tweaking bits until it works.

    An interesting point to make though is that for people making products, the WSO section is the perfect place to establish your competition (if you are in the IM niche), and see what is currently out there selling well. Maybe there are so many people selling IM products that they are all doing research on the WSO section at the same time? Lol!

    Christian
    Signature
    Revealed: "The 7 Horrendous Mistakes Beginner Internet Marketers Make in Their Business That Stop Them From Ever Making Any Money Online"

    Click HERE To Grab Your Free Report!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9285547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    The thought of doing something new and transforming our lives is always more appealing than doing it.

    Gyms are overbooked by 300% in January. By February there are down to 50%. Why?

    Because it is far easier to say ...
    - I'm going to lose weight ...
    - I'm going to become ambitious ...
    - I'm going to change my situation ...

    Than actually taking any form of action and doing it. eBooks can generally be an excuse for getting the emotional reward without doing anything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9285553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author C G
    Most of them just buy products after products just to get the instant gratification that the illusion of taking action brings.

    Cheers,

    C.G.
    Signature
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9285614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    LOL Joe, well said! Many Warriors mean well but want to pay a fee and see an immediate return, with Facebook campaigns, products, etc. Gotta factor in the work!
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9285869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imrizk
    I guess people Tend to give up really fast, and just when they start thinking of giving up they see this new cool way to make money and its promised to me easy.
    Imagine how many people stopped their projects because of it, just when they were about to see some results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9285886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeff Schuman
      I know I am an old Warrior, but here are my thoughts on this. When I first joined 12 years ago for the first year all I did was lurk in the shadows and read, learn, and apply what I learned. There was no WSO area back then.

      I think if more Warriors were to do that they would not need the WSO area for awhile. The Warrior Forum is packed with useful information, and helpful IMers, beyond the WSO section.

      Learn something and then apply what you learn. Eventually your income will be at a level that WSO's are something to read, or even buy, to add to it, and not because you are still searching for the magic system to finally make money.
      Signature
      Jeff Schuman - Blog Writer For Hire! Buy affordable, quality niche blog articles written by me for you. Quick turnaround.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9287200].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author M Bissonnette
        I agree Jeff! The WF is filled with great information, tips and lessons!
        Many great minds sharing their thoughts and ideas here!
        Signature

        An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9287970].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Becky Fourtion
        Originally Posted by Jeff Schuman View Post

        I know I am an old Warrior, but here are my thoughts on this. When I first joined 12 years ago for the first year all I did was lurk in the shadows and read, learn, and apply what I learned. There was no WSO area back then.

        I think if more Warriors were to do that they would not need the WSO area for awhile. The Warrior Forum is packed with useful information, and helpful IMers, beyond the WSO section.

        Learn something and then apply what you learn. Eventually your income will be at a level that WSO's are something to read, or even buy, to add to it, and not because you are still searching for the magic system to finally make money.
        THIS^

        You cannot put anything into action unless you do your research. Learn, then apply
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9328176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XDude
    This should be good news for anyone who can create a product to sell there

    I don't know about you guys, but I only go there to look at how people create their products and word their offerings, with the intention of perhaps stealing a brilliant idea or two to market my own offerings better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9288150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    how long is it between when you enter school..in kindigarden...graduate high school and start college,,do you start doing anything with an education..

    if you are going from the employee mindset to working for yourself..there is a lot of education needed .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9288444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lance K
    Originally Posted by Joe Crosbie View Post

    Hey Warriors,
    Something I consciously take not of every time I visit Warrior Forum, is the amount of people viewing each section of the forum. I find it interesting to see where the majority of Warriors & Guests are spending their energy and time browsing.

    There's one section of the forum in particular that ALWAYS has the most amount of people viewing. I've never seen it any other way and I usually visit this forum at least 4 times a week.

    I'm talking about the Warrior Special Offers section, that place is always full! I've never seen the visitor count below 3,500 people. I find that fascinating!
    That number includes all of the sub forums within the WSO section. Therefore, it includes vendors who are checking up on, replying to, & bumping their WSO, Warrior for Hire, Complete Web Sites For Sale, etc. listings. Also, anyone checking out the affiliate program database or posting/replying to a Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You thread.

    It also includes all of the folks who are in there to do market research and competitive analysis.
    Signature
    "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
    ~ Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9289715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dain Supero
    The problem is that almost nobody wants to (or has the discipline to) engage in long term self-improvement, and that almost everyone seems to be selling some sort of quick-fix solution or promise. It's a perfect match for buying and buying and buying and never doing.

    If it promises to make money quickly, people click. Quite laughable.
    Signature

    Visit http://www.bettermindbodyself.com for proven advice and techniques to elevate your mind, body, and self-image.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9290003].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe Crosbie
      Originally Posted by Christian Swift View Post

      Hi Joe,

      This is an interesting topic... thanks for opening it up!

      One of the problems with working online is that it is so easy for people to see the next 'bright and shiny object' and get distracted. In my experience, Internet Marketers without a masterplan (and a marketing plan) may drift from doing adwords, to writing articles, to doing every other form of marketing if they do not have a clear-cut strategy to follow on a consistent basis.

      It is clear to see that for some marketers (particularly beginners who do not have a solid plan of action) give up easily on their master-plan, and try other options instead of working hard and succeeding. I suppose that is where the winners are separated from the losers at the end of the day! People would rather change their plan ENTIRELY stating that it isn't working, rather than tweaking bits until it works.

      An interesting point to make though is that for people making products, the WSO section is the perfect place to establish your competition (if you are in the IM niche), and see what is currently out there selling well. Maybe there are so many people selling IM products that they are all doing research on the WSO section at the same time? Lol!

      Christian
      Your welcome Christian I've always noticed it, and I hadn't seen anyone really talking about it before.

      I agree completely, mostly because I've done that myself. And as you said, a masterplan, something that defines clearly how your business is going to grow is usually all that's needed to reduce this problem.

      Exactly, people don't like to admit they were wrong. It's easier to start something else, even if they are really close to seeing some success.

      That's the flip-side of this point, I would imagine a percentage of people in the WSO section are researching. But you said it best, I wouldn't think there are that many people doing it.

      Originally Posted by RogozRazvan View Post

      The thought of doing something new and transforming our lives is always more appealing than doing it.

      Gyms are overbooked by 300% in January. By February there are down to 50%. Why?

      Because it is far easier to say ...
      - I'm going to lose weight ...
      - I'm going to become ambitious ...
      - I'm going to change my situation ...

      Than actually taking any form of action and doing it. eBooks can generally be an excuse for getting the emotional reward without doing anything.
      Originally Posted by C G View Post

      Most of them just buy products after products just to get the instant gratification that the illusion of taking action brings.

      Cheers,

      C.G.
      Exactly. People don't like hard work! It's sad, but true.

      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

      LOL Joe, well said! Many Warriors mean well but want to pay a fee and see an immediate return, with Facebook campaigns, products, etc. Gotta factor in the work!
      Thanks Ryan! It's a shame, but as Christian mentioned above, it's what separates those who achieve success from those who fail.


      Originally Posted by imrizk View Post

      I guess people Tend to give up really fast, and just when they start thinking of giving up they see this new cool way to make money and its promised to me easy.
      Imagine how many people stopped their projects because of it, just when they were about to see some results.
      What's that saying? "The richest place on Earth is the graveyard, because it's filled with world changing ideas that have never been fully executed, if at all."

      Or, at least it went something like that.

      Originally Posted by Jeff Schuman View Post

      I know I am an old Warrior, but here are my thoughts on this. When I first joined 12 years ago for the first year all I did was lurk in the shadows and read, learn, and apply what I learned. There was no WSO area back then.

      I think if more Warriors were to do that they would not need the WSO area for awhile. The Warrior Forum is packed with useful information, and helpful IMers, beyond the WSO section.

      Learn something and then apply what you learn. Eventually your income will be at a level that WSO's are something to read, or even buy, to add to it, and not because you are still searching for the magic system to finally make money.
      Hey Jeff,

      I personally think you just summed up what most people need to do, can we have that imprinted on the homepage of this Forum? Hah!

      Awesome advice

      Originally Posted by M Bissonnette View Post

      I agree Jeff! The WF is filled with great information, tips and lessons!
      Many great minds sharing their thoughts and ideas here!
      Exactly! And most people, take that for granted.

      Originally Posted by XDude View Post

      This should be good news for anyone who can create a product to sell there

      I don't know about you guys, but I only go there to look at how people create their products and word their offerings, with the intention of perhaps stealing a brilliant idea or two to market my own offerings better.
      I'm working on it Only kidding haha.

      I'd imagine your one of the small percentage of regular viewers then, I still think that the majority of just compulsive / serial buyers.

      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      how long is it between when you enter school..in kindigarden...graduate high school and start college,,do you start doing anything with an education..

      if you are going from the employee mindset to working for yourself..there is a lot of education needed .
      How many people who enter education still fail at most things?

      Mindset shifting should be done from books, not WSO's. In my experience with them at least.

      Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

      That number includes all of the sub forums within the WSO section. Therefore, it includes vendors who are checking up on, replying to, & bumping their WSO, Warrior for Hire, Complete Web Sites For Sale, etc. listings. Also, anyone checking out the affiliate program database or posting/replying to a Wanted - Members Looking To Hire You thread.

      It also includes all of the folks who are in there to do market research and competitive analysis.
      I'm sure a reasonable amount of people viewing it will be vendors, but it's obviously not going to be all. And considering there are currently 5437 people viewing it now, I'd imagine a large number will be viewing with the intention to buy another product.

      But, obviously it's definitely worth considering!

      Originally Posted by Dain Supero View Post

      The problem is that almost nobody wants to (or has the discipline to) engage in long term self-improvement, and that almost everyone seems to be selling some sort of quick-fix solution or promise. It's a perfect match for buying and buying and buying and never doing.

      If it promises to make money quickly, people click. Quite laughable.
      I like your mindset, but I couldn't see a button in your response to get it? Can you please look into this?

      Haha, you speak the truth buddy! One of the bad things about today's world.
      Signature
      I chose entrepreneurship over further education despite being laughed at by my friends and family..

      I recently hit the "RESTART" button on my life, read my personal blog to find out how I did it :)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9323351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XDude
    "MAKE MONEY SLOWLY! CLICK HERE NOW!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9291058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    The first rule about Fight Club ... is NOT to talk about Fight Club.
    The second rule about Fight Club ...

    Translation:

    The first rule in IM is not to talk about the obvious.

    You knew that 90% of all books bought are never opened? This was revealed by Amazon in one of their studies. I don't know if it is about paperbacks or Kindle books.

    So yes ...
    • The book you've wrote ...
    • The video course you've shot ...
    • The audio-book you've prepared ...

    And for which the prospect paid $10, $100, $1000 ...

    Is sitting there unopened. You've got $1000 for nothing because while you were thinking that you are going to change his life ...

    ... he's too busy watching reruns of the "A Team".

    Is this your fault? No. Is this his fault? No.

    But it comes as a cautionary lesson on buying something and consuming that thing.

    I have books on Amazon I've bought on an impulse that I haven't read so far ...

    I know certain people that invested over $2000 in real cash (PayPal is real cash too) in courses yet never studied a single one.

    I even know a guy that pays his fees to a membership site for 14 months now and he logged on only once.

    But if you think about it ...

    This year I've used my apartment for about 2 months COMBINED and paid the rent for 6. It just sat there, empty and I was still paying good bucks for it. That's over $2500 down the drain.

    So it's not just an IM thing ...

    It is a HN (Human Nature) one.

    But again ...

    The first rule about IM ... is to pretend that you don't see the obvious in everything around you. And by obvious I mean anything from consumption to claims. I'm a copywriter after all. I know that best.

    PS: Did you knew that talking about your goals gives you the emotional payoff of actually accomplishing them ... therefore lowers your motivation to do them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9323476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zigzager
    Things are not always as they seem..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9328269].message }}

Trending Topics