Why you CAN'T Create your own Reality

27 replies
Sorry folks... you cannot create your own reality. It really doesn't make too much sense since we live in a universe based on cause and effect.

#control #create #reality
  • Profile picture of the author damiensuccess
    For success you more so take on your reality with a better perspective. Allowing for better decisions.. Guarantee for success? No, and never will be unfortunately.

    In a way, I do agree with you. It isn't the reality you create, because our reality is influenced by everyone else's reality. Again, it is our perspective on that reality, and until we place action towards those perspectives, the influence of others will overwhelm our reality...

    That was a lung full, but I hope that made sense...
    Signature
    Damien Parsons
    Success Coach | Writer
    Join me on Successful Lifestyle Secrets
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9374875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    so you can't create your own reality .

    so people get rich by taking advantage of random events .. so they get rich based on luck.. so it is only fair to take it from them and gove to the less lucky . who have absolutly no responsibility for being poor or destitute ..because random events .

    If you believe in cause and effect .. how can you then claim we don't create our reality .

    we don't have to directly create bad events .. there is a long list of bad things that can happen when we are in certain environmental, physical and emotional conditions .

    i have had a pretty crappy week .. quite literally as it started with me getting a case of diarrhea ..so i have learned not to drink anything with ice in it in hotels in other countries unless the water is filtered.

    a signal three typhoon hit Tuesday and knocked power out for 5 days and water out for three .. so i was carrying water from a well pump to flush the toilet ..and shower .. and the woman i came from one side of the planet to the other hit a case of pms ..and i just had to kick her out . and forget that its been three weeks and i still do not have reliable internet access .

    now i did not create the typhoon , the power outage ..or the case of pms ..but i had willingly come from one part of the world where those thing are ..well except the pms .. too a part of the world they can happen .

    now what i am in control of want what i do have full power in creation..is my response..to these things happening .

    when the word Responsibility is used it does not mean taking the blame for what happened .. but taking full ownership over your response to what happens .

    if you keep responding the same way the same kind of things keep happening
    Signature

    "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9375452].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cyberzolo
      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      so you can't create your own reality .

      so people get rich by taking advantage of random events .. so they get rich based on luck.. so it is only fair to take it from them and gove to the less lucky . who have absolutly no responsibility for being poor or destitute ..because random events .

      If you believe in cause and effect .. how can you then claim we don't create our reality .

      we don't have to directly create bad events .. there is a long list of bad things that can happen when we are in certain environmental, physical and emotional conditions .

      i have had a pretty crappy week .. quite literally as it started with me getting a case of diarrhea ..so i have learned not to drink anything with ice in it in hotels in other countries unless the water is filtered.

      a signal three typhoon hit Tuesday and knocked power out for 5 days and water out for three .. so i was carrying water from a well pump to flush the toilet ..and shower .. and the woman i came from one side of the planet to the other hit a case of pms ..and i just had to kick her out . and forget that its been three weeks and i still do not have reliable internet access .

      now i did not create the typhoon , the power outage ..or the case of pms ..but i had willingly come from one part of the world where those thing are ..well except the pms .. too a part of the world they can happen .

      now what i am in control of want what i do have full power in creation..is my response..to these things happening .

      when the word Responsibility is used it does not mean taking the blame for what happened .. but taking full ownership over your response to what happens .

      if you keep responding the same way the same kind of things keep happening
      Ok the reason most people are succesful is because they focus on the thing that they can control, they know they can't create their own reality but they make sure to only focus on the things they can have some control over. You don't have 100% over anything in your life, that is just my opinion. Any unfortunate thing can happen to you out of the blue.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9377802].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by cyberzolo View Post

        Ok the reason most people are succesful is because they focus on the thing that they can control, they know they can't create their own reality but they make sure to only focus on the things they can have some control over. You don't have 100% over anything in your life, that is just my opinion. Any unfortunate thing can happen to you out of the blue.
        the truth in this ..may not be what you meant ..the only thing anyone has real control over .is themselves ..and what they do every day and how they respond to what happens to them..


        because i am living in a reality i have created..yes it has it's problems ..but just a few months ago when i told people i wanted to do something like this they figured i was telling stories ..that i hardly ever left the city i lived in forget about going to the other side of the planet and living in another country ..with no income ..but the money came ..and i am here .

        now i need to find a woman with very good english writing skills to help me do what i want to do to support myself and possible her into the future ..

        the problem is i am creating my own reality and i am well aware of how and why i create what is in my reality ..why the problems are there and why the good stuff is there .

        when you take ownership of what you creating..you then have the power to create something much more suited to what you want .

        for you it may seem like new age bull shat.. for me .. i am doing it .

        hey look bad stuff can a still will happen to me .. but noting that i can't learn from and get past to get to the next set of things that can happen ..

        the cool thing is when you don't create an new and better reality for yourself .. when you spen most of you energy trying to keep it the same the same problems happen over and over again.. for long periods of time ..

        where as if you learn to deal with fix and get past the problems .. the next level will have problems of its own .

        i believe in your video you asked.. why people would create so many problems for themselve if they where creating their realities .

        from personal experience.. it was from identifiying the causes of the problems and what i needed to do to solve or eliminate them ..that i have been able to continually create a better life for myself over the past 2-3 years ..even though i was walking through emotional hell to do it ..

        so again.. my rebuttel of your op..comes from the personal fact that i am controlling my reality and moving from a life that did not suit me to creating one i prefer .
        Signature

        "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9378268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IntuitiveMonkey
    You cannot just say that you don't create your own reality without testing it out thoroughly first.

    I have been testing it for over 25 years. I had a personal mentor. My best friend who is a reverand and head of a church.

    See my WF post on how to control your life energies here.

    I do know one thing, most people don't understand how to do it. Even if they read a book on LOA or watch the Secret because they don't understand how to control their feelings or their life energies. They don't understand how to remove their blockages or resistances.

    It doesn't matter what other people's intent is because once you understand how to create the right pure positive vibration, your energy is more powerful than thousands of people who think negatively or differently than you do. So other people's thinking is immaterial.

    Law of Attraction is not Law of action. That is another misunderstanding on this forum. It is about holding the right frequency or vibration and getting into FLOW. Of course there is action involved in getting the final result, but the action comes from a much higher place. It comes out of inspiration, out of the energy or frequency. Out of FLOW. The action involved may be minimal. The energy is everything. Learn about your life energies for a few months! Then your perspective will change.

    The energy gives you LEVERAGE! That is what LOA is about, giving you LEVERAGE over your life by understanding your Life energies better! It is just like martial arts or Kung Fu. You learn how to get in flow with that, you'll win over your opponents every time who don't know it.

    Here is a video which teaches you more about FLOW and how to get into it!

    Signature

    SuperYounique Things FB page
    SuperYounique Things store.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9375546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author heavysm
      Hmm...you're not taking into account a CRAP TON of factors that create our reality on a very much subjective neuro-psychological level.

      When bad stuff happens to people, let's say even good people, there are so many factors on a subjective level you just can't account for which makes your point a little...uninformed? I'm not even sure what the correct term would be here. You're just really off, that's all i can say.

      That in which we fear creates it's own vibration of attraction.

      Saying "Oh crap, i really hope no one steals my car." and flooding that image with powerful negative emotion actually empowers that event giving it attractive energy.

      I'm going to say that 99% of the population is effectively ignorant about how to seriously attract things consciously into their lives. By this i mean going from the intent > to the manifestation of that thing - whatever it may be.

      You're almost taking the hard determinism route to reality and consciousness...and that is a very dangerous route to take in terms of free will and considering what options in life that we really have.

      This post is already far longer than i intended, but let me just say that you need to expand your gaze quite a bit more to see beyond the limitations you have imposed upon yourself.

      And they are limitations since the very thought that "you CAN'T" Create your own Reality" is possibly one of the most limiting thoughts you can possibly have.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9375618].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Maximus93
        Originally Posted by heavysm View Post

        Hmm...you're not taking into account a CRAP TON of factors that create our reality on a very much subjective neuro-psychological level.

        When bad stuff happens to people, let's say even good people, there are so many factors on a subjective level you just can't account for which makes your point a little...uninformed? I'm not even sure what the correct term would be here. You're just really off, that's all i can say.

        That in which we fear creates it's own vibration of attraction.

        Saying "Oh crap, i really hope no one steals my car." and flooding that image with powerful negative emotion actually empowers that event giving it attractive energy.

        I'm going to say that 99% of the population is effectively ignorant about how to seriously attract things consciously into their lives. By this i mean going from the intent > to the manifestation of that thing - whatever it may be.

        You're almost taking the hard determinism route to reality and consciousness...and that is a very dangerous route to take in terms of free will and considering what options in life that we really have.

        This post is already far longer than i intended, but let me just say that you need to expand your gaze quite a bit more to see beyond the limitations you have imposed upon yourself.

        And they are limitations since the very thought that "you CAN'T" Create your own Reality" is possibly one of the most limiting thoughts you can possibly have.
        As someone interested in science, that bold statement really is non-science. I'll take a citation if you have it, but it sounds bogus to me.

        As for 'creating' your own reality. I disagree and I agree in some senses. Creation of your own reality I would define as going insane or engaging in lucid dreaming, so in that way it is possible but I wouldn't really like to participate in either.

        I think what a lot of warriors here describe with the Law of Attraction or other forms of it is changing of reality via Perspectivism. We all view the same Universe, but the key is how you view it. 'Reality' is an incredibly dense idea that could possibly be explored in huge books with no conclusion ever being drawn.

        So I think you can create your own conventional reality, but you probably wouldn't want to do so.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9376258].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author IntuitiveMonkey
          Originally Posted by Maximus93 View Post

          We all view the same Universe
          I disagree with this statement. That is an assumption based on the infinitesimally small part of the light spectrum that you can view or that scientific instruments can measure which are all based on the 5 senses. Please watch this video.

          Signature

          SuperYounique Things FB page
          SuperYounique Things store.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9376300].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Maximus93
            Originally Posted by IntuitiveMonkey View Post

            I disagree with this statement. That is an assumption based on the infinitesimally small part of the light spectrum that you can view or that scientific instruments can measure which are all based on the 5 senses. Please watch this video.

            Russell Brand - Awakened Man - YouTube
            I understand entirely that there are other sources of light, other sources of sound beyond our capability to sense. I use the word 'we' to signify homo sapiens. Not for example a Mantis Shrimp that can see all forms of light.

            I see where you're coming from with this video. But I did acknowledge in my post that you can change reality by "how" you view it. That doesn't change the way the senses work. It doesn't change the matter-energy complex of the Universe. Only how you interpret it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9376352].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author IntuitiveMonkey
              The way I see things, there is no objective reality. We are energy beings living in an energy universe. There are multiple energy universes and which universe you view depends upon what you are focused on in your beliefs/thoughts/assumptions. The observed cannot be separated from the observer. Subatomic particles make themselves matter only when observed and measured, not otherwise. So energy behaves like matter only when you observe it based on your expectations. We are living in a mirage. The thing that makes sense of it all is our mind. So what we think of as reality is only in our heads. In reality everything is energy or empty space. Please see this video (just watch a few minutes and you will see what I mean - it will question the basis of our science. How can science have a basis when there is a measurement problem? (This is the basics of Quantum physics)):


              This is also a good one:

              Signature

              SuperYounique Things FB page
              SuperYounique Things store.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9376427].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author heavysm
          Originally Posted by Maximus93 View Post

          As someone interested in science, that bold statement really is non-science. I'll take a citation if you have it, but it sounds bogus to me.

          As for 'creating' your own reality. I disagree and I agree in some senses. Creation of your own reality I would define as going insane or engaging in lucid dreaming, so in that way it is possible but I wouldn't really like to participate in either.

          I think what a lot of warriors here describe with the Law of Attraction or other forms of it is changing of reality via Perspectivism. We all view the same Universe, but the key is how you view it. 'Reality' is an incredibly dense idea that could possibly be explored in huge books with no conclusion ever being drawn.

          So I think you can create your own conventional reality, but you probably wouldn't want to do so.
          Well as for science citations I'll just have to study anything in the field of cognitive-neuro science. Any of the derivative fields should do equally as well.

          Even in individual tests done on patients worries, fears hopes and wants created massive subjective mental scenarios completely unique to the test subject. Their entire personal reality was affected entirely by their mental state regarding a particular issue because their lives revolved around their subjective projections of reality (they created their own subjective reality!).

          A proven example of personal neuro-psychological fulfillment is the act of stating the name of a item that you've lost so that you can find it better. Somehow visually the act of saying "Keys" or "Where are my keys?" out loud empowers the event thereby manifesting an outcome geared up by our perception.

          Similarly those test subjects who said "I'll never find my keys" had a much harder time finding their keys even though they were in plain sight. The act of triggering our mental faculties in alliance with our perception pushes us forward or against attaining our particular goals.

          So the old phrase by Henry Ford:

          "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right..."

          Fits what we're now discovering about the brain! As long as we project out what our reality will be, negative or positive, our own subjective reality tends to mold itself to create to what we mentally project onto it.

          That's a small example but very big in terms of its implications. Nothing bogus or mystical here, just a result of our neural chemistry as observed by lab tests.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9378650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cataleya
    I just can`t take seriously anyone who wears sunglasses indoors
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9376398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dain Supero
      Originally Posted by Cataleya View Post

      I just can`t take seriously anyone who wears sunglasses indoors
      hahahahahahaha <-- message needed to be at least 10 characters
      Signature

      Visit http://www.bettermindbodyself.com for proven advice and techniques to elevate your mind, body, and self-image.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9377816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    maximus

    though i have my reservation about the be anything ..or the fully without limits that some get into ..

    I will explain how i view how each person builds thier reality ..and it is not a full explination .

    where you are right now there is a menue of thing that can happen ..and that you can do with the resources you have available .

    but it is really hard to get mugged in a dark ally if you do not walk down dark allies ..but if you walk down a dark ally ..there is a chance you can experience being mugged or having somthing far worse happen.

    everything you do has potential consequences many potentials . and depending how you go through each day and what mood you are in.. the potentials for something good or bad things happen .

    stress is one of the worst conditions you can stay in it does thing to your motabalism ..now say you eat food that is perfectly fine..but while you are eating you stress out about it..or after you eat it you go through stress ..the effects on how you digest the food and other biological process will run the risk of turning what you ate into fat or other bad things .

    i would not go as far as to say one event where you think oh maybe my car will get stolen..will cause it ..because sometime you park you car where the risk is greater than normal..so it is there ..

    but what if youhave had a chaine of progressivly bad events and you park your car in a rough spot...maybe at that point the risk is higher ..

    but i wouldn't blame a woman jogging in the park who get pulled behind trees and violently assaulted for what happened .it is just one of those bad possibilities that are there

    nor would i blame someone whos house gets destroyed by a tornado... or wildfire .. those are risks of living in a certain area and why we have insurance .

    the realities we creaty for ourselves are based of the options we think we have or what we believe is possible based on the experiences we have had .

    three months ago it was not really liley or possible that i would be where i am now ..but it was something i was determine to have happen so events played out for it to happen .
    Signature

    "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9376469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dain Supero
    To the OP, I suggested looking up the definition of the word reality. Here, I'll help you out:

    Reality = "The state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them"

    This is also known as true objective or absolute reality, things as they really are. Example: an earthquake; when this happens it is absolute and objective. Nobody disagrees with its happening.

    Your own reality is called subjective reality, or your perception of things as they are or should be. Example: your thinking that you actually comprehend the concept of reality. At times, this is also called day dreaming, because, at times, that's all it is.

    So you see, WE do have complete control over OUR subjective realities, as you demonstrated by putting up this thread.

    Good day, sir, and may the Force guide you to a better reality.
    Signature

    Visit http://www.bettermindbodyself.com for proven advice and techniques to elevate your mind, body, and self-image.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9377853].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
    I guess we all can agree to disagree. This is a very interesting topic. I actually found myself reading all the responses.

    Personally, I believe that we can create our own realities to an extent, but I'm not going to argue about that. If your beliefs are assisting you in your acquisition of success then I'm not going to tell you to stop believing that way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9377868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheWillisWay
    Not sure if I agree or disagree. Here are some thoughts / question I think are good to be put on the table.

    Signature
    Where There is a Willis....There is a WAY!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9378411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jkgultimate
    Originally Posted by cyberzolo View Post

    Sorry folks... you cannot create your own reality. It really doesn't make too much sense since we live in a universe based on cause and effect.

    CAN YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY??? - YouTube
    You can't create your reality, but I can
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9381519].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author damiensuccess
    Deceiving Idea.

    We live in a world of infinite realities. Everyone has their own reality that they have to build on. Each of these realities have the power, and will affect each other.

    Essentially we are creating our own reality, but are we feeding energy towards this reality?

    Focus on having an apple all day... Does it appear? No... It only added a need to your reality which you never acted upon.
    Those who are acting toward their needs will end up with lots of good apples. Since their reality is strongest from the action they put out, they left others with all the bad apples.



    Moral of the story - Don't ask for apples.. Go pick them.
    Signature
    Damien Parsons
    Success Coach | Writer
    Join me on Successful Lifestyle Secrets
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9383248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jolly Roger
      The point of this is: we create our own reality as a whole, and not "just" as individuals. Look, our realilty is the sum of us all. Who can honestly deny it?

      Now a guy with sunglasses (whos' not Agent Smith though) comes and says "don't believe those saying it". But then why would you believe him? His facts are hundreds years old and are proven wrong by today's science and ancient wisdom alike.

      Shift and broaden your perspective and it will make sense.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9383542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RogozRazvan
    You have your area of control & influence.

    You can control what happens here.

    You can't control if the power will go out today but you can prepare yourself for this by having an extra generator. You can't control if Google will slap your sites but you can prepare by having an alternative plan.

    I don't believe in predetermination.

    And as far as reality goes - reality is perception. How we perceive the world.

    Read Brave New World by Huxley. It is a great satire and philosophical book on the concept of engineered reality.

    There are default wants as hunger, sex, sleep and there are taught wants. If no one taught us that we need a mobile phone, we wouldn't need one. If no one taught us that we need to go at work every day, we wouldn't do this. You can't impose a need on someone who is not aware that the need exists.

    If I'm hungry, I'll buy food.
    If I'm not hungry, you'll find it difficult to sell me food.
    But if I don't know what hunger is nor ever been taught the concept of eating, it is impossible for you to sell me food.

    Remember that people existed without smartphones, Internet, computers and Warrior Forums for a long, long time. Now they THINK they need it because they've either taught themselves that they do (cause and effect feedback loop - using them brings pleasure, not using pain) or someone else taught them.

    Just as about everything else in life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9385095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick Rodd
    I prefer living in this reality. I don't know much about parallel universes or changing time, but I'm not that selfish to believe that the world revolves around me. I created my world and that belief is what I adhere to. There is no destiny, but perhaps a fate wherein cause and effect reigns.
    Signature
    Please follow our Warrior Forum Rules and Regulations!
    WSO Marketplace Rules[/URL]

    Do You have any Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
    Warrior Forum KnowledgebaseWarrior Forum Help DeskSuggestions Forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9385101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IntuitiveMonkey
      @Rick Rodd, You MUST live in this reality until you start understanding more over time about how this world works. That is called evolution. It is very good advice to do your best to create the best life you can in this reality for yourself and your family!

      However over time if you open up your awareness, you will start realizing that a lot of this world is smoke and mirrors. And then you start realizing that you are energy and everything around you is all energy. There are benefits in that also because you gain greater control and everything starts becoming more effortless, because you come into greater flow with those energies! Then you start bringing light to other people's lives also. There is nothing wrong in that. In fact I believe this is a path all humans are on whether we realize it or not.
      Signature

      SuperYounique Things FB page
      SuperYounique Things store.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9388229].message }}

Trending Topics