Register Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 77
Thanks: 25
Thanked 67 Times in 16 Posts
Default
My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share


On Monday I started cold calling businesses from groupon and living social after reviewing there website to see if they had a mobile website. I contacted groupon people because I want to get into sms along with developing mobile websites, and thought that since these people are doing a deal on these daily deal sites that they need a way to follow up with the people that come in from those offers.

SMS would be a great way for them to capture all the customers from groupon in there own system and then start offering there own deals to there customers and keeping all the money instead of splitting it with daily deals companies.

So for that reason I started calling these businesses.

My first contact was with a businesses voicemail, I left a message that simply said.

"Hello, my name is Ryan Padilla, I am a small business owner and I am calling because I found you on groupon and noticed your website is not mobile ready. I would like to create a sample for you and come in and show it to you." I then just gave a brief description of why it's important for him to have a mobile ready website and left my phone number.

He called back about an hour later and talked to me briefly asking me a few questions, I just told him more about the mobile website and that I can create a sample for him and come into to show it to him. Before I could even ask for the appointment he said, "can you come in tomorrow at 11am?" I immediately said yes.

I set up the mobile mock up and got a qr code ready to show him.

I went to the meeting on 11am on Tuesday and we sat down. I showed him the mobile site, and explained the value of having one, even though he immediately say how different it looked then his regular website on a mobile phone.

After the presentation, I started talking to him about his marketing, and just having a simple conversation with him. He told me everything he does to market his business.

After that I just opened up to him and started sharing free information with him about google places, google voice, google analytics, etc. Telling him how he can capitalize on all the free stuff that's out there to promote his business. He told me how many times he has been burned and that he was so surprised I was willing to just tell him all this stuff for free. After a while he was overwhelmed with information, and said, "you know I've never had a meeting like this. Most people call and are trying to sell me stuff, but your actually just giving it to me." (I **** you not almost exact words)

He said. "all of this is great, but I don't have the time to do all of this, I'm so busy with everything I have going on that I just don't have time to do this stuff, I've been meaning to put videos on my google places page, but I still haven't had anytime to do any of it." Here's the kicker, he then said, "can you do this?"

I then showed him a list of my services and explained them all to him, and after he chose a few services to start with and gave me a check for $947. For this month I am going to be doing 3 services I offer, and then next month, we are going to do some video work, google places optimization, he's got a new product coming out soon that he wants me to set up a mobile page and qr code for, and he wants me to do his marketing for him. So after I do all the work that we agreed on, we are going to set up more services. He said by December I want to get all of this stuff (my services) done.

So that means I found a client that wants me to be his personal marketing consultant.

And on top of that he offered me some referrals. Once being a guy that owns 9 domino's pizza franchises.

Woohoo.

Thank you warrior forum.

I quit my job to become a full time internet marketing consultant and now it's time to scale it u and get more clients.

I would not have been able to do this if it wasn't for the people on here that helped me along the way with free information like I am sharing above.

And now I am walking proof that ACTION is the key to this business. There are people out there that can do the work if you can't, it's all about setting up meetings with business owners and giving them valuable information that is going to help them. ANd chances are they are going to be to busy to do it themselves which is why you need to do it for them.

The plan worked. I wish I could write a WSO and make more money, but I am not ready for that yet.

Anyways,

Thanks,

Ryan
ryanpadilla is offline  
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 324
Thanks: 54
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Well done Ryan, its time to expand

WilliamL is offline  
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 11:51 AM   #3
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 215
Thanks: 4
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Great story Ryan

Just shows how taking action and targeting a calling list of people that are already spending money on advertising works wonders.

Now scale it..

Appointment Setting Services With 20 Years In Telemarketing...Very Affordable Rates....
Guaranteed Results...Pm Me For Details
dericks3 is offline  
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Your Next Writer
War Room Member
 
bhuff85's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,634
Thanks: 151
Thanked 462 Times in 256 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

That's awesome man! I've been reading through some of your other posts on another thread you started. Sounds like you're really out there grinding away and are finally making some great progress. I've already picked up some great tips from your posts so far, too (which I appreciate)!

I've been kicking around the idea of getting involved in mobile marketing (especially since it's the next big thing that would be ideal to get in on now), but my only issue is still with the day job. Makes it tough to setup meetings and what not, unless I can find someone who is willing to meet in the evening.

Is the script that you use to build these (Quentin's script) pretty simple? I am advanced in HTML and CSS (which I see is all you need to know to use his script), but just curious on how long it takes you to mock up a simple design to show clients?

Want to speed up your writing and save time?
This book will show you how:
--> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
bhuff85 is offline  
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 77
Thanks: 25
Thanked 67 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by bhuff85 View Post

That's awesome man! I've been reading through some of your other posts on another thread you started. Sounds like you're really out there grinding away and are finally making some great progress. I've already picked up some great tips from your posts so far, too (which I appreciate)!

I've been kicking around the idea of getting involved in mobile marketing (especially since it's the next big thing that would be ideal to get in on now), but my only issue is still with the day job. Makes it tough to setup meetings and what not, unless I can find someone who is willing to meet in the evening.

Is the script that you use to build these (Quentin's script) pretty simple? I am advanced in HTML and CSS (which I see is all you need to know to use his script), but just curious on how long it takes you to mock up a simple design to show clients?
I am so glad that you are picking up great tips from me, that is the only reason I am posting here, it's nice to have this support online to check into every now and again. This place is literally teaching more than I ever learned in college. Boy what a waste of money that was.

Set up appointments in your spare time, you can try to do phone appointments, I am scheduling something with a business that is out of my reach physically, I just cold called them a minute ago, and we will literally have to do everything virtually. If you can find times to work around it then that is your best bet. I actually quit my job because I wanted to make this work. It was a big risk though because my girlfriend was having to pay for things these last few days and this couldn't have come at a better time for me. Rent and Gas is due today and my girlfriend was going to have to pay all of that for me, so I'm glad it came through in the nick of time.

She was so scared man, she was actually really worried when i told her I was quitting without any real promise of money in the near future, and my dad thought I was nuts, hell everyone thought I was nuts, until I called them today and sent a picture of my first check. I believed I could do it and saw the potential.

You just have to find a way to make it work no matter what, and take action, just start calling businesses and try to find times that they are willing to meet with you.

Quentin's script is very simple, it takes me about 30 minutes to an hour to create the mobile mock up after a few times of doing it now, and I am new at designing, and know nothing about html or any of that stuff. I am learning more as the days go by, but I started not knowing a damn thing about any of it. I started a little over a month ago. In the mobile mock up I just focus on the tap to call feature, tap for directions, and setting up a couple pages to show them what these things can do and explain why it is so important for them to have one, because quite simply put, it is important. Very important to any business that wants to be ahead of there competition or at least in competition with there competition.

One niche that may be great to start with in your current situation are bars, because a lot of the time owners will be in on Saturdays and in the evenings. So if you could just figure out what businesses are open in the evenings and start calling them then that might be a route you can go. Just find businesses that are open in the evenings and do some field research to find out when the owners are available I'm sure that is going to vary.

Anyways,

thank you Bhuff!!
ryanpadilla is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryanpadilla For This Useful Post:
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 12:44 PM   #6
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
joman1717's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 135
Thanks: 562
Thanked 115 Times in 90 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi Ryan,

That is great stuff, that is an inspiring story. Congrats!!!

-Josee
joman1717 is offline  
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 01:11 PM   #7
Your Next Writer
War Room Member
 
bhuff85's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,634
Thanks: 151
Thanked 462 Times in 256 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by ryanpadilla View Post

One niche that may be great to start with in your current situation are bars, because a lot of the time owners will be in on Saturdays and in the evenings. So if you could just figure out what businesses are open in the evenings and start calling them then that might be a route you can go. Just find businesses that are open in the evenings and do some field research to find out when the owners are available I'm sure that is going to vary.

Anyways,

thank you Bhuff!!
You know, I've got some GREAT ideas for bars/clubs/restaurants that I'm thinking of implementing. I think what I'm going to do first is buy Quentin's script and start developing some mock ups, just to get a feel for the development process within his script.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some research and find out who needs a mobile website and get in touch with them to discuss that and some of my other ideas, too. Around my city, there really isn't many competitors doing this (at least that I know of at the time), which could really open the floodgates if I do this right.

Keep on trucking. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress, and thanks again for sharing your experience with us. Goes to show you that hard work and persistence pays off!

Want to speed up your writing and save time?
This book will show you how:
--> Write Fast: 21 Powerful Ways to Cut Your Writing Time in Half! <--
bhuff85 is offline  
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 03:36 PM   #8
Digital Marketer
War Room Member
 
WillR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 12,473
Thanks: 1,984
Thanked 8,187 Times in 4,079 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by ryanpadilla View Post

The plan worked. I wish I could write a WSO and make more money, but I am not ready for that yet.
Ryan,

Yes, don't get too ahead of yourself. As they say, one check does not an expert make. Stick at it and get some more clients and after you have some proven methods you could definitely look at creating a WSO report to teach others the methods you have been using successfully. Just don't do it too early. People can smell BS a mile away and if done correctly, you should be making more money from your offline efforts than you would releasing a WSO report anyway. So definitely concentrate on what you are doing now and don't get sidetracked - very important.

Keep up the great work.

P.S. If you found a voicemail message that is working for you don't forget you can call all these businesses after hours so you know you will get their answering machines. That way you can call a lot more businesses in a shorter period of time since you don't have to waste any time speaking with gate-keepers and you'll only hear back from those people who are interested.

WillR is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillR For This Useful Post:
Unread 5th Oct 2011, 04:08 PM   #9
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 77
Thanks: 25
Thanked 67 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by WillR View Post

Ryan,

Yes, don't get too ahead of yourself. As they say, one check does not an expert make. Stick at it and get some more clients and after you have some proven methods you could definitely look at creating a WSO report to teach others the methods you have been using successfully. Just don't do it too early. People can smell BS a mile away and if done correctly, you should be making more money from your offline efforts than you would releasing a WSO report anyway. So definitely concentrate on what you are doing now and don't get sidetracked - very important.

Keep up the great work.

P.S. If you found a voicemail message that is working for you don't forget you can call all these businesses after hours so you know you will get their answering machines. That way you can call a lot more businesses in a shorter period of time since you don't have to waste any time speaking with gate-keepers.
Haha thanks WillR

I definitely wasn't getting ahead of myself, I know I'm not ready for that. It was a joke. My reputation is all I've got in this. I wouldn't want to ruin it.

And that is a great idea I will try that tonight. Thanks.
ryanpadilla is offline  
Unread 6th Oct 2011, 12:15 AM   #10
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Warren Tibbotts's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 186
Thanks: 32
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by WillR View Post

Ryan,

P.S. If you found a voicemail message that is working for you don't forget you can call all these businesses after hours so you know you will get their answering machines. That way you can call a lot more businesses in a shorter period of time since you don't have to waste any time speaking with gate-keepers.
That's really good tip- I like that one!
Warren Tibbotts is offline  
Unread 6th Oct 2011, 06:13 AM   #11
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Rayn you did very good job keep it up.

Baker1 is offline  
Unread 6th Oct 2011, 02:57 PM   #12
HyperActive Warrior
 
Anthony Boult's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 225
Thanks: 20
Thanked 45 Times in 40 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hiya Ryan,

That's a very inspiring story and I'm very pleased that things are going well for you (in the nick of time too).

I hope you don't mind me asking but, you say you only started a little over a month ago without knowing anything about html or any of it. What are the services you are able to offer the client and how did you learn to do them so quickly?

I am really wanting to get in on the Mobile Marketing craze but just don't know what else I should be able to offer a client to get their business.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Congratulations again

Anthony

Easy To Join CPA Network with NO PHONE INTERVIEW
Anthony Boult is offline  
Unread 6th Oct 2011, 04:41 PM   #13
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Was there a WSO that you purchased to help get you going? I would like to find out how to offer a mobile website, regular websites and free advice on google services. Let me know if there was an ebook or something else that helped you get started. Thanks!
k10spot is offline  
Unread 6th Oct 2011, 06:09 PM   #14
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
rleejr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: SFL
Posts: 143
Thanks: 4
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Can you tell me where to get the mobile local directory script?

"Get more leads and sales for your business"
]
rleejr is offline  
Unread 6th Oct 2011, 08:17 PM   #15
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Many Many congrats buddy on such a big achievement. You story of success has really inspired me. Amazing stuff thanks for sharing it here.

SEOCHAMP is offline  
Unread 6th Oct 2011, 08:45 PM   #16
MOBILE MANIAC
 
deum's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Montreal - Toronto - CANADA
Posts: 59
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default
WAY TO GO!
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Im happy for you!

but you one advice never sell a price! sell a benefit. we begin to sell our mobile at 6 to 750. now we are going for a minimum of 1500 with a regular 5 pages.

after all by next year more than 200 millions people will use a mobile!

Thats the biggest market opportunity ever since the invention of the wheel!

and im there this time!
deum is offline  
Unread 6th Oct 2011, 09:56 PM   #17
Curt Boa
War Room Member
 
sacrg793's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 65
Thanks: 3
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Congratulations, inspiring story, but I am not in the US, here is China, there is less demand for mobile sites, can I do it remote way? Because if you run across the country, it could have been tiring and time consuming.

sacrg793 is offline  
Unread 7th Oct 2011, 01:21 PM   #18
New Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
elmoiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 10
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Congratulations Ryan. It's great hear to from someone who actually took information learned here take action and start making money.

Great Job!
Martin
elmoiii is offline  
Unread 7th Oct 2011, 02:27 PM   #19
Mobile Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
EvanBeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 123
Thanks: 31
Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by ryanpadilla View Post


On Monday I started cold calling businesses from groupon and living social after reviewing there website to see if they had a mobile website. I contacted groupon people because I want to get into sms along with developing mobile websites, and thought that since these people are doing a deal on these daily deal sites that they need a way to follow up with the people that come in from those offers.

SMS would be a great way for them to capture all the customers from groupon in there own system and then start offering there own deals to there customers and keeping all the money instead of splitting it with daily deals companies.

So for that reason I started calling these businesses.

My first contact was with a businesses voicemail, I left a message that simply said.

"Hello, my name is Ryan Padilla, I am a small business owner and I am calling because I found you on groupon and noticed your website is not mobile ready. I would like to create a sample for you and come in and show it to you." I then just gave a brief description of why it's important for him to have a mobile ready website and left my phone number.

He called back about an hour later and talked to me briefly asking me a few questions, I just told him more about the mobile website and that I can create a sample for him and come into to show it to him. Before I could even ask for the appointment he said, "can you come in tomorrow at 11am?" I immediately said yes.

I set up the mobile mock up and got a qr code ready to show him.

I went to the meeting on 11am on Tuesday and we sat down. I showed him the mobile site, and explained the value of having one, even though he immediately say how different it looked then his regular website on a mobile phone.

After the presentation, I started talking to him about his marketing, and just having a simple conversation with him. He told me everything he does to market his business.

After that I just opened up to him and started sharing free information with him about google places, google voice, google analytics, etc. Telling him how he can capitalize on all the free stuff that's out there to promote his business. He told me how many times he has been burned and that he was so surprised I was willing to just tell him all this stuff for free. After a while he was overwhelmed with information, and said, "you know I've never had a meeting like this. Most people call and are trying to sell me stuff, but your actually just giving it to me." (I **** you not almost exact words)

He said. "all of this is great, but I don't have the time to do all of this, I'm so busy with everything I have going on that I just don't have time to do this stuff, I've been meaning to put videos on my google places page, but I still haven't had anytime to do any of it." Here's the kicker, he then said, "can you do this?"

I then showed him a list of my services and explained them all to him, and after he chose a few services to start with and gave me a check for $947. For this month I am going to be doing 3 services I offer, and then next month, we are going to do some video work, google places optimization, he's got a new product coming out soon that he wants me to set up a mobile page and qr code for, and he wants me to do his marketing for him. So after I do all the work that we agreed on, we are going to set up more services. He said by December I want to get all of this stuff (my services) done.

So that means I found a client that wants me to be his personal marketing consultant.

And on top of that he offered me some referrals. Once being a guy that owns 9 domino's pizza franchises.

Woohoo.

Thank you warrior forum.

I quit my job to become a full time internet marketing consultant and now it's time to scale it u and get more clients.

I would not have been able to do this if it wasn't for the people on here that helped me along the way with free information like I am sharing above.

And now I am walking proof that ACTION is the key to this business. There are people out there that can do the work if you can't, it's all about setting up meetings with business owners and giving them valuable information that is going to help them. ANd chances are they are going to be to busy to do it themselves which is why you need to do it for them.

The plan worked. I wish I could write a WSO and make more money, but I am not ready for that yet.

Anyways,

Thanks,

Ryan
Thanks for sharing, and good for you. I am going to try this pretty much the same but am in a really small market, n=but figure I can do it over the phone or via email for starters.

EvanBeck is offline  
Unread 7th Oct 2011, 03:06 PM   #20
Banned
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Turks & Caicos Island
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

nice read i hope i start make some money like that sometime soon
Oriole101 is offline  
Unread 7th Oct 2011, 09:06 PM   #21
MOBILE MANIAC
 
deum's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Montreal - Toronto - CANADA
Posts: 59
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

sacrg793,

Can you contact me?

i have some project in Chine, we could do something

thanks
deum is offline  
Unread 8th Oct 2011, 03:10 AM   #22
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
rickray's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 17
Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Great story Ryan. Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing. You're an inspiration.

Rick Ray
skype: rickray2
rickray is offline  
Unread 9th Oct 2011, 05:31 PM   #23
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 36
Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

That's really great to hear Ryan! You've definitely got the right mindset- you went ahead and did what you knew was right for you, even when the people around you thought you were crazy!

Congratulations on this first client and thanks for sharing your story with us!

highincome is offline  
Unread 9th Oct 2011, 05:34 PM   #24
Banned
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 29
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Rock on! These types of stories are why we all do this day in and day out.
Technology is offline  
Unread 10th Oct 2011, 10:00 AM   #25
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mo Goulet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 1998
Location: Sun Valley, Idaho
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 57
Thanked 251 Times in 170 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by ryanpadilla View Post


And on top of that he offered me some referrals. Once being a guy that owns 9 domino's pizza franchises.


Ryan
Local franchises are great contacts since their greatest source of revenue comes from repeat customers. Selling them on the benefits of mobile marketing is easy. Check with your other franchise businesses to see if they are independently owned. The company stores are off limits.

Mo Goulet is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mo Goulet For This Useful Post:
Unread 11th Oct 2011, 07:14 PM   #26
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
MrSDPromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 99
Thanks: 11
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by ryanpadilla View Post

I am so glad that you are picking up great tips from me, that is the only reason I am posting here, it's nice to have this support online to check into every now and again. This place is literally teaching more than I ever learned in college. Boy what a waste of money that was.

Set up appointments in your spare time, you can try to do phone appointments, I am scheduling something with a business that is out of my reach physically, I just cold called them a minute ago, and we will literally have to do everything virtually. If you can find times to work around it then that is your best bet. I actually quit my job because I wanted to make this work. It was a big risk though because my girlfriend was having to pay for things these last few days and this couldn't have come at a better time for me. Rent and Gas is due today and my girlfriend was going to have to pay all of that for me, so I'm glad it came through in the nick of time.

She was so scared man, she was actually really worried when i told her I was quitting without any real promise of money in the near future, and my dad thought I was nuts, hell everyone thought I was nuts, until I called them today and sent a picture of my first check. I believed I could do it and saw the potential.

You just have to find a way to make it work no matter what, and take action, just start calling businesses and try to find times that they are willing to meet with you.

Quentin's script is very simple, it takes me about 30 minutes to an hour to create the mobile mock up after a few times of doing it now, and I am new at designing, and know nothing about html or any of that stuff. I am learning more as the days go by, but I started not knowing a damn thing about any of it. I started a little over a month ago. In the mobile mock up I just focus on the tap to call feature, tap for directions, and setting up a couple pages to show them what these things can do and explain why it is so important for them to have one, because quite simply put, it is important. Very important to any business that wants to be ahead of there competition or at least in competition with there competition.

One niche that may be great to start with in your current situation are bars, because a lot of the time owners will be in on Saturdays and in the evenings. So if you could just figure out what businesses are open in the evenings and start calling them then that might be a route you can go. Just find businesses that are open in the evenings and do some field research to find out when the owners are available I'm sure that is going to vary.

Anyways,

thank you Bhuff!!
Good job Ryan! Where can I find information (FREE) on how to build these mobile sites?
MrSDPromo is offline  
Unread 12th Oct 2011, 06:38 AM   #27
IMBizCoach - Rob R
War Room Member
 
TycoonRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Area 51
Posts: 1,323
Thanks: 305
Thanked 408 Times in 282 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

This is awesome. Unfortunately I can't quit my job to do this full-time, but I know if I put in full-time effort I could probably match what I'm making now. But even part-time action leading to some residual income might pave the way for me to quit in 2012.

Doubt everything you believe.
TycoonRob is offline  
Unread 15th Oct 2011, 09:06 AM   #28
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
djasmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: WF
Posts: 101
Thanks: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Congrats Rayn, rock on..
djasmin is offline  
Unread 15th Oct 2011, 10:52 PM   #29
Back End Specialist
War Room Member
 
Steve Rosenbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 46
Thanks: 46
Thanked 85 Times in 48 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Congrats, Ryan! You're an inspiration to many. Your thinking about Groupon follow up is right on target! From what I see of our posts, I think you can easily to a WSO. Why not just doing a compilation of your posts? Let me know if you would like some help.

Steve

Steve Rosenbaum - The Back End Specialist
Legally Extract Facebook User Data into Your Database
Steve Rosenbaum is offline  
Unread 16th Oct 2011, 12:19 AM   #30
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Big Gee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 251
Thanks: 240
Thanked 44 Times in 23 Posts
Default
Re: WAY TO GO!
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by deum View Post

Im happy for you!

but you one advice never sell a price! sell a benefit. we begin to sell our mobile at 6 to 750. now we are going for a minimum of 1500 with a regular 5 pages.

WTH, can you post a sample of what features or type of design they get for that amount ? That seems crazy ! BTW I'm not slamming you I just want to see what quality someone expects out of a mobile site for that amount of money ?
Big Gee is offline  
Unread 16th Oct 2011, 03:25 AM   #31
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Wow. Congrats Ryan! That is a great start.
ferclint20 is offline  
Unread 16th Oct 2011, 06:18 AM   #32
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Congratulations Ryan ! you seem to be quite excited, which is natural. But as others have said and me too, am adding to that, take a long breath and do whats right.
Best of luck for your future endeavors.
Bijay Ghimire is offline  
Unread 16th Oct 2011, 08:01 PM   #33
Squidoo Guru
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 71
Thanks: 15
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Your the man!
Landoy is offline  
Unread 17th Oct 2011, 10:37 AM   #34
Maximum Marketing
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 80
Thanks: 14
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Very motivational story.

Sounds like there should be some aspects of automation that could be implemented to make this biz run and grow smoothly.






Originally Posted by ryanpadilla View Post

On Monday I started cold calling businesses from groupon and living social after reviewing there website to see if they had a mobile website. I contacted groupon people because I want to get into sms along with developing mobile websites, and thought that since these people are doing a deal on these daily deal sites that they need a way to follow up with the people that come in from those offers. -snip-

Anyways,

Thanks,

Ryan
IdrisSG is offline  
Unread 17th Oct 2011, 01:46 PM   #35
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
johnsmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Now that's the result of taking action coupled with hard work. This is what I always teach my students cause it not all about outsourcing but learning to it yourself and becoming a master player..

Made my first sales 7 years ago though it was easy then with less competition but I'm still making some decent income on a daily with a technique I learnt from one of the top internet marketer..

Making money online is easy when you know how.

Methods I Use To Average Over $10,000 Per Month On A Minimum Budget!

johnsmart is offline  
Unread 30th Nov 2011, 08:33 AM   #36
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Melvin San Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 137
Thanks: 56
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Great story! they say a journey of 1000 miles begins with ONE step. Well done!
Melvin San Miguel is offline  
Unread 30th Nov 2011, 02:36 PM   #37
Real-Ninja-Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: U.K>
Posts: 141
Thanks: 183
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Ryan you are the man. well done buddy, keep us posted!
Rhino08 is offline  
Unread 30th Nov 2011, 04:05 PM   #38
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 77
Thanks: 25
Thanked 67 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: My first check for $947 and how I did it.
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I haven't actually seen this post in a long time so seeing up at the top again surprised me, but I have been over in my other post http://www.warriorforum.com/mobile-m...0-minutes.html updating on that a lot about my progress if anyone wants to check it out and there's also some helpful information from some of the other warrior members too.

I have been calling today finally after a long thanksgiving break and it took me a little while to get the cobb webs out after the long break, but I am finally starting to make some great progress again. I have two appointments tomorrow and I am working with 7 clients right now.

I have a recurring income too.

So far one of my clients websites is dancing from the first page of google to the second and I am trying to figure out how to get it to just stay on the first page. I have been tirelessly building backlinks for him and looking at ways to get his website in a better position.

So far today I have made 15 calls and set two appointments.

So things are going well, I am mad because I could have made a lot more appointments if I could just get the positive attitude flowing better in the mornings. Sometimes I'm a morning person and sometimes I'm not I guess.

Anyways, I hope everyone is calling businesses and introducing there services.

As soon as I took the emotion out of it and stopped letting the no's effect me things have really changed.

If you are on the fence about calling businesses get over it.

Maybe it's not that simple for you to do, but I thought the same thing when I started out. I thought I could never call businesses and much less sit in on an appointment with them.

But you are dead wrong if you believe this.
If you are offering mobile websites, mobile application, sms or anything for that matter.

It's as simple as calling the business and introducing yourself and your service. And trying to get an appointment to show them how what you are offering is going to get them more customers. If they say no, then move on to the next one.

For those of you that are scared to cold call, so was I, and hell I still kind of am, but just devote some of your day to calling them and you will get appointments I guarantee it.

Thanks for all the kind words.

<a href="http://bestmobi.us">I build and sell mobile websites.</a> /
<a href="http://drobelinc.net">I do internet Marketing.</a> /
2-3 page mobile website for warriors for $45. If you want more we can talk. Just PM Me.
ryanpadilla is offline  
Closed Thread


Bookmarks

Tags
$947, check


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 AM.