Testimonials for mobile marketing

by zardon
13 replies
I am looking for good testimonials with regards to mobile marketing, apps, smartphone ready websites, etc.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to do such a thing. I did a search but got lots of testimonials for specific products rather than for the actual subject matter.

Would I be required to post a jobs post for this kind of thing? I guess I could use quotes from the likes of Google, Apple, etc -- but I'd prefer proper internet markeeteers, businesses or people that can relate to.

Thanks
#marketing #mobile #testimonials
  • Profile picture of the author AvidMobile
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5382958].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Always-A-Warrior
      Originally Posted by AvidMobile View Post

      visit avidmobile.com

      One stop solution for all sms reselling, mobile marketing and services.
      Follow our solutions and give your businesses the boost which they require.
      He is looking for testimonials and not mobile sevices... big difference.


      @ Zardon - to get any kind of testimonials you need something to review, a product or services that people can check out first and then they give you the testimonials or leave a review.

      You ain't going to get something for nothing.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5383353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HypeText
    Originally Posted by zardon View Post

    I am looking for good testimonials with regards to mobile marketing, apps, smartphone ready websites, etc.

    I'm wondering what would be the best way to do such a thing. I did a search but got lots of testimonials for specific products rather than for the actual subject matter.

    Would I be required to post a jobs post for this kind of thing? I guess I could use quotes from the likes of Google, Apple, etc -- but I'd prefer proper internet markeeteers, businesses or people that can relate to.

    Thanks
    First question, what do you intend to do with these testimonials? Why are you looking for them?
    Signature
    (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
    Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
    $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5384646].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HypeText
      Originally Posted by HypeText View Post

      First question, what do you intend to do with these testimonials? Why are you looking for them?
      There was a reason I asked the above question, which was ignored.

      That tells me the OP was looking for Fake Testimonials to deceive prospects into purchasing his services...thats just bad business!
      Signature
      (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
      Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
      $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6106267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trumpador
    Originally Posted by zardon View Post

    I am looking for good testimonials with regards to mobile marketing, apps, smartphone ready websites, etc.

    I'm wondering what would be the best way to do such a thing. I did a search but got lots of testimonials for specific products rather than for the actual subject matter.

    Would I be required to post a jobs post for this kind of thing? I guess I could use quotes from the likes of Google, Apple, etc -- but I'd prefer proper internet markeeteers, businesses or people that can relate to.

    Thanks
    Go Fivver and buy some. Though fake testimonials aren't good business practice and will be easy to spot. You are better off going to charity and offering your services for cheap
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6096806].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by trumpador View Post

      Go Fivver and buy some.
      No offence but terrible advice. Never go and buy testimonials -- they are cracking down on that sort of stuff BIG time nowadays.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6097291].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bizadpros
        I have to agree with avoiding fake testimonials and buying testimonials.

        As discussed earlier in this post, pick a few businesses that you know and patronize and just do a simple demo set up for them. When walking into a business with a demo of a NEED THAT THE OWNER HAS, they are a lot more receptive to your pitch.

        After they see the demo, don't try to sell them right away, just simply ask them to let you try your system - no strings attached.

        Once the product/system actually works, get a testimonial from them...then upsell on your main products and services to increase sales for them.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098665].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
          Originally Posted by bizadpros View Post


          As discussed earlier in this post, pick a few businesses that you know and patronize and just do a simple demo set up for them. When walking into a business with a demo of a NEED THAT THE OWNER HAS, they are a lot more receptive to your pitch.

          After they see the demo, don't try to sell them right away, just simply ask them to let you try your system - no strings attached.
          WTF kind of idiotic advice is this?

          Don't do anything like this. When you show a business owner a need and a solution to it, go ahead and sell him the solution.

          I don't believe that you need testimonials to make sales. But if you want to think so, go get them. While you're gathering them, though, make all the sales you can and don't walk away from any opportunities to sell your product.

          Sales are your priority. Testimonials come after the sale.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098893].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author trumpador
        Originally Posted by WillR View Post

        No offence but terrible advice. Never go and buy testimonials -- they are cracking down on that sort of stuff BIG time nowadays.
        Agree. I guess the humour in the message gets lost a bit when I forget to put "/s" in my post.

        Apologies OP. I wasn't being serious about the Fiverr thing. Hence my comment about it not being ethical etc.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098945].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Devin X
          Banned
          Originally Posted by trumpador View Post

          Agree. I guess the humour in the message gets lost a bit when I forget to put "/s" in my post.

          Apologies OP. I wasn't being serious about the Fiverr thing. Hence my comment about it not being ethical etc.
          Oh, I hate humor in text. You can never read it...Unless you make it painfully obvious. I thought you were serious there. apologies.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devin X
      Banned
      Originally Posted by trumpador View Post

      Go Fivver and buy some. Though fake testimonials aren't good business practice and will be easy to spot. You are better off going to charity and offering your services for cheap
      That's ****ing stupid! To the OP, give out some review copies to warriors or your subs and ask that they provide a written/video review for your product.

      If it doesn't suck, then you'll have your testimonials. Fiverr sucks and buying testimonials is what losers do...you're not a loser now are you.


      PS. loser as defined by Trump - one who sells a car without washing it first, or one who wears a fake rolex, etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6098949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MoBuzz
    In my opinion the best way to get testimonials as a new business is to give free trials of your service. We handed out flyers offering the first 20 businesses to respond a free mobile website. Over half of the 20 that responded ended up using other services that we offer so we ended up with great testimonials as well as residual income.
    Signature
    LIVE NOW
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6099730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rayalleninc
    Originally Posted by zardon View Post

    I am looking for good testimonials with regards to mobile marketing, apps, smartphone ready websites, etc.

    I'm wondering what would be the best way to do such a thing. I did a search but got lots of testimonials for specific products rather than for the actual subject matter.

    Would I be required to post a jobs post for this kind of thing? I guess I could use quotes from the likes of Google, Apple, etc -- but I'd prefer proper internet markeeteers, businesses or people that can relate to.

    Thanks
    Zardon,

    I agree, WHY do you need testimonials? What product are you promoting?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6122616].message }}

Trending Topics