Just a Heads Up for Mobile Marketers......

88 replies
Ok, so I am brand new to this Forum and it is full of wonderful information and I thank you all for it. I don't have much to contribute other than to make one observation. I apologize if this statement is obvious but I have noticed that there are a fair amount of mobile marketing products offered that are just a white label version of another product. I'll give one example;

There have been a couple of threads about the Go Mobile Solutions App Builder. Apparently, these guys are selling the "rights" to this platform for $1000 entry fee. This platform is actually from biznessapps.com and Go Mobile is just a reseller. You can do these same apps for no up front fee and you can become a reseller yourself. I have no problem with someone making money but I'd just say to the marketers (especially the new ones like myself) do some homework and research before buying into something. Personally, it seems a little cheesy and lazy to me to try and make money off of other marketers by just jacking up another product, especially when there is so much good free information on here. Apparently the moderators of this forum agree somewhat since there is a rule against reselling a product as a Warrior Special Offer. It looks like there were a couple of WSO's regarding mobile products moved to the Classified section when they were found out to be just white labeled.

I know mobile is really hot right now, but please be careful. In my research into the mobile arena I have found that there is a ton of duplicity out there and I'd do a little looking around before you buy somebody's "propietary" product.

Thanks.
#heads #marketers #mobile
  • Profile picture of the author Lmr1
    Thank you for your info....hope this helps out some people here on the forum!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5318368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HappyGayleen
    Thank you for sharing this. A great example of always doing your due diligence.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5319160].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MaxxC
      Thank you mobilemarketer2012 !!
      I wish your quality of testicular fortitude was more commonplace among members here on the forum.

      It's a pity more members of the forum don't share the attitude of the OP of this thread.
      What is even more sad to me - to say the least - is the fact that more experienced / knowledgable members
      who are reasonably expected to spot these "improprieties", do see them, but choose to look the other way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5320042].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HypeText
        Originally Posted by MaxxC View Post

        Thank you mobilemarketer2012 !!
        I wish your quality of testicular fortitude was more commonplace among members here on the forum.

        It's a pity more members of the forum don't share the attitude of the OP of this thread.
        What is even more sad to me - to say the least - is the fact that more experienced / knowledgable members
        who are reasonably expected to spot these "improprieties", do see them, but choose to look the other way.
        I have a copy of Jane Fonda's Balls of Steel Video if anyone wants to borrow it....you know, to build Testicular fortitude!
        Signature
        (916) 520-HYPE (4973)
        Local & Mobile Marketing Solutions
        $0 Setup & $99/mnth Private Label Reseller Accts
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5320166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThisTimeNextYear
    Cheers for the info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5327432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tftom
    Thanks for the heads up. I was actually looking for an alternative to this company when I found this thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5330223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author susanrlincoln
    Thanks and good point. A pity people feel they need to do that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5332359].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5332734].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author milusos
      mobilemarketer2012,

      Thanks so much for that heads up as I was looking into Go Mobile Solutions. There's a big name marketer that is setting up 3-hour webinars with them to get people to sign up. But at $1000 (almost $1400 if one uses the payment plan), it's quite a chunk of change for this economy.

      So that I could do better due diligence in the future, could you let me (and perhaps everyone else on this forum ) know how you did your research to find out that Go Mobile is a reseller?

      Thanks,

      Kevin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5371107].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ayda2010
        Thanks for sharing!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374165].message }}
      • Originally Posted by milusos View Post

        mobilemarketer2012,

        Thanks so much for that heads up as I was looking into Go Mobile Solutions. There's a big name marketer that is setting up 3-hour webinars with them to get people to sign up. But at $1000 (almost $1400 if one uses the payment plan), it's quite a chunk of change for this economy.

        So that I could do better due diligence in the future, could you let me (and perhaps everyone else on this forum ) know how you did your research to find out that Go Mobile is a reseller?

        Thanks,

        Kevin
        Kevin

        I'm not sure who you mean by the big name marketer but the webinar I listened to had a guy named Jeff Mills and some other guy on it. I had actually already seen the biznessapps platform so I recognized it immediately when they started doing a demo. I should have left the webinar right then because staying on only made me frustrated. They did all the hyped up BS to get people to pay the $1000. I am all for Capitalism and I know that much of sales and marketing is BS but they really laid it on thick. Afterward, I went on his website, jeffmills.com. On his site, he says was a youth minister and he promotes the fact that he is a Christian. This is just my opinion, but it bothers me when a guy tries to earn your trust by saying he is a Christian and then spews the crap he was spewing. I suppose some might say that it is no different than some guru lies to you saying he was once like us, just starting out in IM and $8 million dollars in debt. I personally just don't like it when someone uses religion to promote themselves and then lies right to you.

        As I said above, I had already seen the biznessapps platform so I recognized it right away in the webinar. But whenever I see somebody marketing software or a platform, I do some google searches to see if there is anything like it out there. I have found numerous white label/relseller SMS platforms this way. I just googled "sms reseller" or "white label text message marketing" and they pop up like crazy. You can also do a search in this forum or read the reviews section.

        Hope this helps.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5376171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rileyenterprises
    I am also new to the forum and almost bought into the resellers above. Thanx for the honesty and reminder to be vigilant and do diligence!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374747].message }}
  • By the way, there is another thread on here about Go Mobile Solutions. In that thread, someone pointed out that some years ago the CEO of Go Mobile got in trouble with the FTC for selling some shady IM products. The thread is here

    http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...bile-apps.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5376191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kfira
    I agree witn the guy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5379723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carlos Tabora
    I just watched a Go Mobile Webinar and will note that I enjoyed the presentation and I think that the the package they're offering is fair and most likely dependent on the JV bonuses that are provided by the affiliate promoting the product. For example, the "big-name" marketer that sent me the invite to watch the Webinar tonight included 7 bonuses that focus specifically on getting your mobile app building business up and running (credit card merchant account, phone system, etc.). Often times, these bonuses are worth the premium price because it will give you additional training, support, etc. not offered by the original creators of the product.

    Having said that, I did not purchase the Go Mobile app solutions package yet. I requested more information from Bizness Apps about their "white label" reseller program so I can do a complete comparison.

    Since I do social media and community management for my day job, I regularly monitor the top social media news sites. Here's a post on Mashable that lists a few mobile app creation services (including Bizness Apps).

    4 Tools for Building a Business Mobile App
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5381102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BurntOut254
      It's called mobile marketing solutions arbitrage! Thanks for letting us know!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5381239].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author D.A.
      Originally Posted by buzzaddict View Post

      I just watched a Go Mobile Webinar and will note that I enjoyed the presentation and I think that the the package they're offering is fair and most likely dependent on the JV bonuses that are provided by the affiliate promoting the product. For example, the "big-name" marketer that sent me the invite to watch the Webinar tonight included 7 bonuses that focus specifically on getting your mobile app building business up and running (credit card merchant account, phone system, etc.). Often times, these bonuses are worth the premium price because it will give you additional training, support, etc. not offered by the original creators of the product.

      Having said that, I did not purchase the Go Mobile app solutions package yet. I requested more information from Bizness Apps about their "white label" reseller program so I can do a complete comparison.

      Since I do social media and community management for my day job, I regularly monitor the top social media news sites. Here's a post on Mashable that lists a few mobile app creation services (including Bizness Apps).

      4 Tools for Building a Business Mobile App
      If you got that quote, it would be great to show it.

      Thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5454257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bonn
    Originally Posted by mobilemarketer2012 View Post

    Ok, so I am brand new to this Forum and it is full of wonderful information and I thank you all for it. I don't have much to contribute other than to make one observation. I apologize if this statement is obvious but I have noticed that there are a fair amount of mobile marketing products offered that are just a white label version of another product. I'll give one example;

    There have been a couple of threads about the Go Mobile Solutions App Builder. Apparently, these guys are selling the "rights" to this platform for $1000 entry fee. This platform is actually from biznessapps.com and Go Mobile is just a reseller. You can do these same apps for no up front fee and you can become a reseller yourself. I have no problem with someone making money but I'd just say to the marketers (especially the new ones like myself) do some homework and research before buying into something. Personally, it seems a little cheesy and lazy to me to try and make money off of other marketers by just jacking up another product, especially when there is so much good free information on here. Apparently the moderators of this forum agree somewhat since there is a rule against reselling a product as a Warrior Special Offer. It looks like there were a couple of WSO's regarding mobile products moved to the Classified section when they were found out to be just white labeled.

    I know mobile is really hot right now, but please be careful. In my research into the mobile arena I have found that there is a ton of duplicity out there and I'd do a little looking around before you buy somebody's "propietary" product.

    Thanks.

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not confuse my company GO MOBILE INNOVATIONS with these go mobile solutions guys. We are a technology company thats been around for 3 1/2 years, and have built our own proprietary mobile content management platform that took us 2 years to build.

    again. PLEASE do not confuse use with the other white labelers selling access to some other tech.

    LOVE YOU WARRIORS! Sorry if any of you paid 1000 dollars Ours is free. Check it out --- and AGAIN, don't confuse us for similarly named profiteers.
    Signature
    GoMobile Enterprise : Enterprise Grade Mobile Content Management Software for Everyone

    Our WSO

    Watch a video of the founder building a site with the platform here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5405822].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marketingstatic
      Originally Posted by bonn View Post

      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not confuse my company GO MOBILE INNOVATIONS with these go mobile solutions guys. We are a technology company thats been around for 3 1/2 years, and have built our own proprietary mobile content management platform that took us 2 years to build.

      again. PLEASE do not confuse use with the other white labelers selling access to some other tech.

      LOVE YOU WARRIORS! Sorry if any of you paid 1000 dollars Ours is free. Check it out --- and AGAIN, don't confuse us for similarly named profiteers.
      I looked at your site not bad but your offer here is for mobile websites only as far as I can tell correct me if I am wrong. These other people are talking about Mobile Apps not just mobile websites
      Signature

      Happy 4th of July AKA Happy Independance Day

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5714870].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IDVision
        I just bought the GoMobile system, and though I find some of the posts interesting, I can say GoMobile's team has over delivered in terms of support, advice and we are happy campers. If Bizness is the mother ship, that is interesting, but it does not stop us from making this work with GoMobile Solutions. They have added value, and when we resell, we will add still more value to our target markets...and we will charge more.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5717437].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmbrennan
      Hey Go Mobile Innovations, I clicked on your examples page and I'm getting a "Malware" warning on the re-direct site: Fliprap Arena - FRONTPAGE

      Just thought you'd like to know. --Dennis
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6494072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nownzen
    I have no objections to anybody wanting to make a buck, "profit" is not a dirty word, but if you can buy the same thing for less, do it!!! They offer a white label reseller account, waiting to hear from them to get started so I can add to my offline business. BTW, I have tried several mobile app builders for clients, this is the slickest, quickest way to do it with a quality delivery to your clients. Thanks for the post
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5444361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author D.A.
    anyone done a comparison on all the app white labelers mentioned on the mashable article and its comments?

    4 Tools for Building a Business Mobile App
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5454144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sam m
    Thanks for the heads up
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5454262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author billecans
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5454268].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author metalwax mike
      well I was going to transfer funds in the am and buy the go mobile program after the long webinar tonight. but after reading this ill look into the other programs at a 1/3 of the price. thanks guys for this post.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5454606].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TonyBabb
        Thanks very much for the info. I have been looking into Go Mobile Solutions as well. It looks like BiznessApps will do what I need at a much cheaper cost.

        Thanks again....
        Signature
        **** Partners Needed Now! ****

        Will pay you monthly for 4 months. Several sources of income and tax returns to back it up. Plus other benefits. DO NOT MISS THIS! Find out more here: http://linktrack.info/profitez
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5454713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author D.A.
    go to businessapps and you can Be GoMobile Answers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5457397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PauletteVA
    Thanks for that info. I'm new here too. I wasn't planning on paying $1000 for anything but it's good to know.
    Signature
    Paulette Romero
    Virtual Assistant and Administrative Consultant
    Rhythm Virtual Solutions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5457766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Qcreek
    Originally Posted by mobilemarketer2012 View Post

    There have been a couple of threads about the Go Mobile Solutions App Builder. Apparently, these guys are selling the "rights" to this platform for $1000 entry fee. This platform is actually from biznessapps.com and Go Mobile is just a reseller. You can do these same apps for no up front fee and you can become a reseller yourself. I have no problem with someone making money but I'd just say to the marketers (especially the new ones like myself) do some homework and research before buying into something.
    I totally agree with the "Doing The HomeWork Thing" Just to let you know I've read the Warrior Forum for a while but had not joined till a few months ago. Actually I became a War Room Member tonight. The main reason I joined is beacuse of tips and questions that people put out there, Like yours.

    But one thing I can tell you for sure, is that there are a majority of people on this forum out for one purpose.

    It is to make money. Plain and simple.

    Whether they do it by "selling a system" of offering high quality training or as a full time job, or just a newbie. Not everything may be as it seems.

    But not everyone is bad either, some people are here to help, or to help and "make a profit", but like you said, "Do Your Homework", and research who your buying from. Read all the replies if you can. If there is a "Bad Apple" the forum will point it out after a while.

    Remember, you're here for a reason. Everyone is. It is to gain knowledge and sometimes share it.

    As for those guys that are selling the product, they brought something to the table that people did not know about. As for their pricing... it's a little out there.

    Either way good luck and "share what you know, learn what you don't"
    Gabe
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5567537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Voasi
    I wanted to chime in on this thread, as I've become a recent seller of these apps to biz owners.

    I had originally bought GoMobile - it was the first time I'd seen anything like that. I did find out about BiznessApps thru snooping around and signed up with them as well. Now, you may be asking..."you bought both?"

    Yup.

    While BiznessApps is the technology, GoMobile is the "sales" side. They offer incredible training, support and tools to get your mobile business going. I actually had my sales staff on a 2-art webinar that GoMobile put together with Omar Periu ( Omar Periu | Sales Motivation Wealth | Omar Periu | Omar Periu International ). This guy knows how to sell. Again, this is something that BiznessApps doesn't do; they look to hire people like GoMobile to get the ball rolling on sales and strictly focus on technology and making their app platform better. Just the education alone is worth the price tag I paid.

    And that's just the sales side, they offer so much more too, like financing, merchant account processing, reseller websites, etc... I mean, the list goes on.

    Here's the bottom line: Yes, GoMobile is reselling BiznessApps. Are you buying the same product and trying to "cut-out" the middle man? Definitely NOT! BiznessApps is the technology and GoMobile is the sales training.

    Final thought: Let's look at another industry, SEO. You might have your vendor who handles link building, social media, on-page optimization, etc... and then you have your tools to actually sell SEO services: predictive dialer, training seminars, phone line, sale mentor, WSO's, direct mail templates, etc... It's very similar.
    Signature
    Want $6,000/mo. SEO Clients? Watch My Free Video!
    We do WSO Designs TOO!!! Best on WF! - Click Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5579474].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Voasi View Post

      I wanted to chime in on this thread, as I've become a recent seller of these apps to biz owners.

      I had originally bought GoMobile - it was the first time I'd seen anything like that. I did find out about BiznessApps thru snooping around and signed up with them as well. Now, you may be asking..."you bought both?"

      Yup.

      While BiznessApps is the technology, GoMobile is the "sales" side. They offer incredible training, support and tools to get your mobile business going. I actually had my sales staff on a 2-art webinar that GoMobile put together with Omar Periu ( Omar Periu | Sales Motivation Wealth | Omar Periu | Omar Periu International ). This guy knows how to sell. Again, this is something that BiznessApps doesn't do; they look to hire people like GoMobile to get the ball rolling on sales and strictly focus on technology and making their app platform better. Just the education alone is worth the price tag I paid.

      And that's just the sales side, they offer so much more too, like financing, merchant account processing, reseller websites, etc... I mean, the list goes on.

      Here's the bottom line: Yes, GoMobile is reselling BiznessApps. Are you buying the same product and trying to "cut-out" the middle man? Definitely NOT! BiznessApps is the technology and GoMobile is the sales training.

      Final thought: Let's look at another industry, SEO. You might have your vendor who handles link building, social media, on-page optimization, etc... and then you have your tools to actually sell SEO services: predictive dialer, training seminars, phone line, sale mentor, WSO's, direct mail templates, etc... It's very similar.
      I'm sorry, but it is very hard for me to buy what you are saying here. It looks to me more like you bought into Go Mobile because you didn't know about Biznessapps and then when you found out who was behind it AND you could get it cheaper directly, you bought into Biznessapps. I'm not sure why you are defending Go Mobile here other than it sounds like you have developed a relationship with them.

      Let me ask you this. If Go Mobile had said to you " Hey, we are reselling Biznessapps platform so you can get it from them for free instead but we'll give you sales training for $1000", would you have signed up with them? How many of the biz op seekers that signed with Go Mobile would have done so had they known they could go directly to Biznessapps? I listened to a Go Mobile webinar. The $1000 fee was all about being able to develop and sell unlimited apps. If you really want the training, you can buy Omar Periu's entire Investigative Selling CD course for $197 off of his website.

      Now both Jeff Mills and Damien are promoting other ways to make money via webinars. This tells me they aren't really in the business of mobile apps. They are in the business of selling the next shiny object.

      Just my 2 cents.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5597351].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jclaybrooks
        Exactly what is the cost to resell Bizness Apps'? Is there a one-time fee or is it a monthly license or both?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5621132].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Riq
          doesn't cost anything to get info from biznessapps - just give up you contact info!
          Signature

          Making customers HAPPY! <=><

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5781782].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Voasi
        Originally Posted by mobilemarketer2012 View Post

        I'm sorry, but it is very hard for me to buy what you are saying here. It looks to me more like you bought into Go Mobile because you didn't know about Biznessapps and then when you found out who was behind it AND you could get it cheaper directly, you bought into Biznessapps. I'm not sure why you are defending Go Mobile here other than it sounds like you have developed a relationship with them.
        ...and this is coming from someone this is completely "anonymous"... No name, "in the clouds", no signature, no picture. For all I/we know, you're a competitor to GoMobile.

        And to set the record, we "found out" about BiznessApps while on the webinar, but when I heard about their training and support, (knowing we're jumping into this niche and could use any/all help to jump-in), then I decided to pull the trigger.

        As for why I'm defending, because I defend good companies that are really trying to help business owners. It just so happens I have met them, so I know even more then most about what their trying to do for their customers, rather then being on the outside and guessing while looking in.

        Originally Posted by mobilemarketer2012 View Post

        Let me ask you this. If Go Mobile had said to you " Hey, we are reselling Biznessapps platform so you can get it from them for free instead but we'll give you sales training for $1000", would you have signed up with them? How many of the biz op seekers that signed with Go Mobile would have done so had they known they could go directly to Biznessapps? I listened to a Go Mobile webinar. The $1000 fee was all about being able to develop and sell unlimited apps. If you really want the training, you can buy Omar Periu's entire Investigative Selling CD course for $197 off of his website.
        I'll answer you question with my own:

        When you're cold calling (or however you prospect) for SMS deals, do you tell your prospects:

        "Hey, I'm "Anonymous" with MobileMarketer2012 and we resell SMS texting services from ABC SMS Company. If you go direct with ABC SMS Company, it will be cheaper then paying me, but I'll be able to coach you on how to structure your SMS texts to get the optimal conversions or "foot-traffic" within your store.

        Originally Posted by mobilemarketer2012 View Post

        Now both Jeff Mills and Damien are promoting other ways to make money via webinars. This tells me they aren't really in the business of mobile apps. They are in the business of selling the next shiny object.

        Just my 2 cents.
        Lastly, here's a bit most forget about: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. ...and you're probably, "yea, of course". But it's true. The internet is a big place and it's not easy to find the information you want/need. Yea, you're privy to internet marketing and SMS/mobile marketing knowledge, but not everyone else is. Should everyone else who isn't web savvy in finding information on the internet have to pay for your knowledge, including the countless years of researching your field? Yes, they should. The internet is only growing and your knowledge and years of research is what sets you apart, I'm sure.

        Final thought:
        ADT. Do you know how many resellers there are for ADT security services? Thousands! Why? ...when consumers could go direct to ADT.com and sign-up. Same with Dish Network, DirecTv, etc... But there must be a reason why people go with local ADT resellers, or big powerhouse resellers like Red Ventures.
        Signature
        Want $6,000/mo. SEO Clients? Watch My Free Video!
        We do WSO Designs TOO!!! Best on WF! - Click Here
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5646188].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Voasi View Post

          ...and this is coming from someone this is completely "anonymous"... No name, "in the clouds", no signature, no picture. For all I/we know, you're a competitor to GoMobile.

          I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MULTIQUOTE WITHIN A POST SO I'LL JUST TYPE IN BOLD FOR MY RESPONSES TO YOUR STATEMENTS. OK, NOT TO BEAT THIS THREAD TO DEATH BUT ONCE AGAIN YOUR STATEMENTS DON'T MAKE MUCH SENSE TO ME. I HAVE LOOKED INTO BEING A RESELLER FOR BIZNESSAPPS BUT THAT IS NOT WHY I POSTED HERE. IF I WAS A COMPETITOR TO GO MOBILE AND I DIDN'T WANT SATURATION IN THE MARKET WHY WOULD I TELL EVERYONE ABOUT BIZNESSAPPS????

          And to set the record, we "found out" about BiznessApps while on the webinar, but when I heard about their training and support, (knowing we're jumping into this niche and could use any/all help to jump-in), then I decided to pull the trigger.

          YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT BIZNESSAPPS ON THE WEBINAR, REALLY? HOW? DID THEY TELL YOU? (I HAD ALREADY BEEN TO THE BIZNESSAPPS WEBSITE SO I IMMEDIATELY RECOGNIZED THE PLATFORM IN THE WEBINAR.) YOU HAVE A BUSINESS AND A SALES STAFF AND YET YOU STILL BOUGHT FROM GO MOBILE? AND THEN YOU WENT BACK AND BOUGHT FROM BIZNESSAPPS? DO YOU NORMALLY BUY SOMETHING FROM A MIDDLE MAN THAT YOU BUY DIRECT? YOU CAN GET SUPPORT AND TRAINING FROM BIZNESSAPPS AND YOU CAN BUY OMAR'S ENTIRE COURSE FOR $197. MY GUESS IS YOUR SALES STAFF PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW HOW TO SELL. THIS JUST DOESN'T ADD UP FOR ME.

          As for why I'm defending, because I defend good companies that are really trying to help business owners. It just so happens I have met them, so I know even more then most about what their trying to do for their customers, rather then being on the outside and guessing while looking in.

          WHATS WRONG WITH THIS STATEMENT IS THAT DAMIEN AND JEFF AREN'T SELLING THE APPS DIRECT TO BUSINESS OWNERS, OR AT LEAST NOT MANY OF THEM. THEY ARE PRIMARILY RESELLING THE PLATFORM TO BIZ OP SEEKERS FOR A HUGE MARK UP. IF THEY WERE REALLY TRYING TO HELP THE BIZ OP SEEKERS THEY WOULD TELL THEM TO SIGN UP WITH BIZNESSAPPS THEN THEY COULD SELL THE TRAINING ON HOW TO SELL MOBILE APPS. THERE HAVE BEEN MANY WSO'S THAT TRAIN YOU ON HOW TO SELL AN EXISTING PLATFORM OR PIECE OF SOFTWARE, FOR $17, $27, $47, ETC... AS I AM SURE YOU ARE AWARE, IT IS AGAINST THE WSO TERMS OF SERVICE TO SELL A PRODUCT IN A WSO THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? I ASSUME IT IS BECAUSE THE MODS THINK IT IS UNETHICAL TO DO SO. THOSE THAT HAVE TRIED TO CLAIM A PLATFORM OR SOFTWARE IS THEIR OWN USUALLY GET BUSTED PRETTY QUICKLY-AND THANKFULLY- BY OTHER WARRIORS AND THEIR WSO'S GET YANKED. JEFF AND DAMIEN ARE SIMPLY LUCKY THAT NOONE KNEW ABOUT BIZNESSAPPS UNTIL AFTER THEY COULD TAKE MANY PEOPLE FOR $1000 UP FRONT.


          I'll answer you question with my own:

          When you're cold calling (or however you prospect) for SMS deals, do you tell your prospects:

          "Hey, I'm "Anonymous" with MobileMarketer2012 and we resell SMS texting services from ABC SMS Company. If you go direct with ABC SMS Company, it will be cheaper then paying me, but I'll be able to coach you on how to structure your SMS texts to get the optimal conversions or "foot-traffic" within your store.

          SO ONCE AGAIN, I'LL ASK YOU, DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE BIZ OP SEEKERS WOULD HAVE PAID $1000 TO GO MOBILE IF THEY KNEW THEY COULD GO TO BIZNESSAPPS DIRECT? BIZNESSAPPS OFFERS TUTORIALS ON HOW TO BUILD APPS, TECH SUPPORT AND SALES TRAINING. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU ARE PUTTING A LOT OF EMPHASIS ON THE TRAINING AND SUPPORT BECAUSE THE $1000 FEE HAS TO BE JUSTIFIED. AS I SAID IN MY EARLIER POST, ON THE WEBINAR I LISTENED TO, THE $1000 WAS TO GET THE "OPPORTUNITY" TO USE THE PLATFORM AND BUILD UNLIMITED APPS. THE TRAINING AND SUPPORT WAS A BONUS.

          BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION: AS A MATTER FACT I GET ASKED QUITE OFTEN "IS THIS SOMETHING I CAN DO MYSELF?" I TELL THEM ABSOLUTELY AND SOME TRY TO DO IT ON THEIR OWN, THAT IS FINE. I GET AND KEEP CUSTOMERS BECAUSE I AM HONEST WITH THEM UP FRONT.



          Lastly, here's a bit most forget about: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. ...and you're probably, "yea, of course". But it's true. The internet is a big place and it's not easy to find the information you want/need. Yea, you're privy to internet marketing and SMS/mobile marketing knowledge, but not everyone else is. Should everyone else who isn't web savvy in finding information on the internet have to pay for your knowledge, including the countless years of researching your field? Yes, they should. The internet is only growing and your knowledge and years of research is what sets you apart, I'm sure.

          SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING HERE IS BECAUSE NONE OF THE BIZ OP SEEKERS KNEW ABOUT BIZNESSAPPS THEN IT IS OK FOR JEFF AND DAMIEN TO SELL IT TO THEM AS THEIR OWN? I'LL REVERT BACK TO MY STATEMENT ABOVE ABOUT WSO'S HAVING TO BE YOUR OWN PRODUCT. WHILE JEFF AND DAMIEN DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL (THIS TIME) I DON'T AGREE WITH WHAT THEY DID WHICH IS WHY I STARTED THIS THREAD. I WANTED TO REALLY HELP OTHER BUSINESS OWNERS AND BIZ OP SEEKERS (NOT LIKE HOW YOU SAY GO MOBILE IS HELPING THEM) BY REMINDING THEM TO HAVE THE BUYER BEWARE MENTALITY AND MAKING THEM AWARE OF BIZNESSAPPS. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PROFIT BUT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DECEPTION.

          Final thought:
          ADT. Do you know how many resellers there are for ADT security services? Thousands! Why? ...when consumers could go direct to ADT.com and sign-up. Same with Dish Network, DirecTv, etc... But there must be a reason why people go with local ADT resellers, or big powerhouse resellers like Red Ventures.
          TYPICALLY THIS IS BECAUSE COMPANIES LIKE ADT OFFER A DISCOUNT TO THE RESELLER SO THAT THE RESELLER IS COMPETITIVE WITH ADT. WHAT ADT LOSES ON MARGIN THEY MORE THAN RECOUP ON VOLUME. NOT EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE, GO MOBILE ISN'T REALLY COMPETITIVE IN PRICING WITH BIZNESSAPPS.

          AGAIN, JUST MY OPINION.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5655640].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Redheadlady
        Originally Posted by mobilemarketer2012 View Post

        I'm sorry, but it is very hard for me to buy what you are saying here. It looks to me more like you bought into Go Mobile because you didn't know about Biznessapps and then when you found out who was behind it AND you could get it cheaper directly, you bought into Biznessapps. I'm not sure why you are defending Go Mobile here other than it sounds like you have developed a relationship with them.

        Let me ask you this. If Go Mobile had said to you " Hey, we are reselling Biznessapps platform so you can get it from them for free instead but we'll give you sales training for $1000", would you have signed up with them? How many of the biz op seekers that signed with Go Mobile would have done so had they known they could go directly to Biznessapps? I listened to a Go Mobile webinar. The $1000 fee was all about being able to develop and sell unlimited apps. If you really want the training, you can buy Omar Periu's entire Investigative Selling CD course for $197 off of his website.

        Now both Jeff Mills and Damien are promoting other ways to make money via webinars. This tells me they aren't really in the business of mobile apps. They are in the business of selling the next shiny object.

        Just my 2 cents.
        I am also checking into Gomobile and Bizness Apps....one of my concerns is that you are basicly held hostage to their service...once you sell a few apps hosted on their system
        are you free to move the app or are you held hostage with that company as long as your client is paying you

        thanks for your help
        confusing at best
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6787565].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rojak Moon
      Kudo's for having the nad's mobilemarketer2012 to post up. But gotta also give cred's to Voasi since I find I agree with him too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5621642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrtall74
    Thanks for the point Voasi. There's the how to make it part and then there's the how to sell part. Additional instructions on how to build the app and then how to market it would be very important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5594996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Please learn to type in normal text. That is a nightmare to read.. in fact I couldn't read it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lancelotfl
    Frankly, I'm so tired of "gurus" promoting things for $997 that are overpriced, or downright thievery, that when i see something for "only" $997, I'm outta there.

    It began with the infamous "Traffic Phoenix" and the ever present "Charlie". The webinar demonstrated everything that worked and conveniently glossed over the fact that the product didn't really work and was obviously never intended to work. It was all designed to suck in the biz op seekers.

    The deal was that "only 15" would be sold at this special link (the link is probably still up there). Support was only on Skype, and you had to make an appointment, except there was no way to do that.

    It took me 3 weeks and a whole lot of FBI and FTC threats to get my money back. They sell through Digital River, which prides itself on a "no refund" policy.

    I promptly blocked all email from that scum sucking guru that KNEW it was a scam. There were other guilty parties JV'ing the hell out of it as well.

    OK, so Traffic Phoenix went to the boneyard, never to be heard from again. Lo and behold, ANOTHER guru sends me an announcement about a terrific new way to make tens of thousands of dollars as an expansion of his WSO. I attended the Webinar, and after 30 minutes, something seemed oddly familiar.

    Unbelieveable. Traffic Phoenix rose from the ashes. They put the old hooker in a brand new dress and started pushing the scam again. They must think many IM people have advanced ADD because "Charlie" didn't even bother to change his name or his pitch.

    I immediately notified the guru putting on the Webinar that "Charlie" was a crook, the software did not work and was apparently never intended to work and that it was Traffic Phoenix with updated graphics.

    I'll bet you can't guess what happened. Yep, the guru threw me out of the webinar.

    I'm now down to a very small list of gurus that I'd buy even a $7 WSO from. I do not do business with thieves or their accomplices.
    Signature
    Google Places, local SEO, video marketing, mobile marketing and social marketing experts
    727-251-9509

    http://www.TarponInternetMarketing.com

    http://www.SimpleWordPressHowTo.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5696717].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    It's the same in the online and offline world. For every honest person there are a bunch of crooks trying to take people for a ride. They get found out soon enough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5709697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdwordsMogul
    Originally Posted by mobilemarketer2012 View Post


    ...
    Personally, it seems a little cheesy and lazy to me to try and make money off of other marketers by just jacking up another product, especially when there is so much good free information on here.
    ...
    I know mobile is really hot right now, but please be careful. In my research into the mobile arena I have found that there is a ton of duplicity out there and I'd do a little looking around before you buy somebody's "propietary" product.

    Thanks.
    Well, they did bring the product to the clients' attention so they can choose to get paid for it. There is nothing wrong with that.

    A reseller platform is actually created so people can resell stuff...
    Signature
    "Those who can - DO IT. Those who can't, say it's impossible."
    Jean Paul a.k.a AdwordsMogul
    PHPDevelopers.net - Top of the range PHP developers

    Easy Link Saver - Are you tired of the pain of constantly searching for your affiliate links? ( Chrome extension - FREE )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5711913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anora75
    Hello,

    Thank You for sharing i am new here and i will hope i will learn a lot from this forum and from blog as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5726168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BillHus
    Thanks for sharing all this great information....wow.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5728273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Riq
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! ! !
    You saved me a some mulla!
    Signature

    Making customers HAPPY! <=><

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5781735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DiVincenzo
    heh saved in the nick of time?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5787830].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WF-Shazam
      There IS( underline "is") a buzz getting out about GoMobile Solutions I've been to several of their webinars recently. I've also found other places to to develop and build & market apps.

      That's what the internet was built for; search and re-search before dropping your dimes people. If you want to learn how to build apps for free you can pm me and I'll share where I'm learning. And no it's not a affiliate program as in me getting paid ... I just get credit for sharing it and we can team up, learn together, share knowledge, and or brainstorm.

      It's Free sign up, Free to learn, Free to develop, and Free to build.

      Thanks for starting this thread.
      Signature

      Wishing U Much Success!!!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5918789].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dennism70
        Originally Posted by WF-Shazam View Post

        There IS( underline "is") a buzz getting out about GoMobile Solutions I've been to several of their webinars recently. I've also found other places to to develop and build & market apps.

        That's what the internet was built for; search and re-search before dropping your dimes people. If you want to learn how to build apps for free you can pm me and I'll share where I'm learning. And no it's not a affiliate program as in me getting paid ... I just get credit for sharing it and we can team up, learn together, share knowledge, and or brainstorm.

        It's Free sign up, Free to learn, Free to develop, and Free to build.

        Thanks for starting this thread.
        And How Free is the hosting of your app?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6706738].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author destang
        Originally Posted by WF-Shazam View Post

        There IS( underline "is") a buzz getting out about GoMobile Solutions I've been to several of their webinars recently. I've also found other places to to develop and build & market apps.

        That's what the internet was built for; search and re-search before dropping your dimes people. If you want to learn how to build apps for free you can pm me and I'll share where I'm learning. And no it's not a affiliate program as in me getting paid ... I just get credit for sharing it and we can team up, learn together, share knowledge, and or brainstorm.

        It's Free sign up, Free to learn, Free to develop, and Free to build.

        Thanks for starting this thread.
        I do not have enough posts to PM you. Could you PM me instead?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6799912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PetGuru
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5920210].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MoBuzz
      Originally Posted by PetGuru View Post

      thanks for shearing. can any body tell me more about mobile marketing and seo?
      help me

      everything you could ever want to know is rite here in this forum...just start reading
      Signature
      LIVE NOW
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5921019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author advanced25
    Thank you for sharing with us
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5921436].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jdmnet30
      We've looked at GMS and also BiznessApps and knew the connection. GMS does offer the sales and marketing and while BA doesn't have the signup fee, it's my understanding they DO have monthly fees covering so many apps you've sold. I was told $150 a month for 5 apps? Whatever the rates, BA has it's own fees and not the support. That said, we're still comparing the two. Having looked at other builders out there, and yes some are free, they're nowhere near what GMS appears to have.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6666012].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author guyd
    thanks for sharing!
    Signature

    Online Amazon Seller? Click here to streamline your book keeping and learn tax saving strategies --- Amazon Streamlining

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5951505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tjalling
    Thanks for the information, you're right.. always keep an eye out on duplicates!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5952002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dr Dan
    We just did a webinar with Jeff and are really excited to offer these mobile apps to our own offline clients.

    You are always going to get good and bad comments no matter what the topic is on these forums.

    Its like Tim Castleman says, "This forum is like a public toilet... get in... get out... and hope you didnt catch anything!" haha

    But seriously... with every product you are going to get some people that just had a bad experience for whatever reason and they feel the need to vent or bash because it makes them feel better.

    But its only one side of the story.

    Heck... We get some crazy people every now and then that buy our stuff... Request a refund like... "I want a refund because I cant log in to the members area".

    We then reply... "You can reset your password and have it emailed to you by clicking on the link right below the login fields which says lost password"

    They then reply "WTF!!!!! Maybe you guys are just broke and need to keep all my money... Just give me the FU@k refund NOW!"

    Then they go in your sales thread and start saying you are a scamer and shouldnt be trusted!

    All I can say is... When reading reviews or comments on these threads... I usually look at how long they have been a member here... post count... past comments... etc

    Usually there is a trend... if they offer value and not whine in every post or complain... then I take their comment or input into account.

    Just a tip for those of you that use the forum to gather info before making a decision to buy or trust a service or product owner.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5988381].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Dr Dan View Post

      We just did a webinar with Jeff and are really excited to offer these mobile apps to our own offline clients.

      You are always going to get good and bad comments no matter what the topic is on these forums.

      Its like Tim Castleman says, "This forum is like a public toilet... get in... get out... and hope you didnt catch anything!" haha

      But seriously... with every product you are going to get some people that just had a bad experience for whatever reason and they feel the need to vent or bash because it makes them feel better.

      But its only one side of the story.

      Heck... We get some crazy people every now and then that buy our stuff... Request a refund like... "I want a refund because I cant log in to the members area".

      We then reply... "You can reset your password and have it emailed to you by clicking on the link right below the login fields which says lost password"

      They then reply "WTF!!!!! Maybe you guys are just broke and need to keep all my money... Just give me the FU@k refund NOW!"

      Then they go in your sales thread and start saying you are a scamer and shouldnt be trusted!

      All I can say is... When reading reviews or comments on these threads... I usually look at how long they have been a member here... post count... past comments... etc

      Usually there is a trend... if they offer value and not whine in every post or complain... then I take their comment or input into account.

      Just a tip for those of you that use the forum to gather info before making a decision to buy or trust a service or product owner.

      Hi Dr. Dan;

      Well, I thought this thread was dead, but I see that you chimed in. I'm not sure if your remarks about bashing and whining were aimed at me since you didn't directly state anyone, but I will guess that is what you meant since I am the one who started the thread.

      What is interesting to me is that I have been thanked in this thread by many of the people who come on this forum to gather info like me. I really have only been contested or even bashed by a couple of the "gurus" who regularly sell WSO's or make their money selling IM products.

      In my opinion, you are at least partially right in saying that this forum is like a public toilet. I believe it is many of the WSO's that are crap!! I come here to get info and give free info when I can in return for the info I have received. I truly believe you can learn as much reading the different forum threads as you can buying WSO's. I am not saying that there aren't good WSO's, but there is a lot of excrement being sold as the next great thing.

      Your analogy of some guy wanting a refund for a WSO because he couldn't log in has absolutely no parallel or relation to my original post in this thread so I am not sure why you mentioned it. I made the statement that there is a lot of stuff being sold on here that someone can get for free or cheaper and I used GoMobile as an example. I don't see how giving some advice and providing some evidence is whining.

      Just my 2 cents.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6009982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vndnbrgj
    I had a different twist to this thread....
    I attended a webinar for Royal Mobile.
    I wanted to find out who they were a reseller for, just because of one of the people running it is shady.
    Why did I want to know who the reseller was? Because if this guy jumped ship again, I wanted to know my clients wouldn't get screwed out of their lists, leaving me on the hook...
    I tried making a new thread, and the mods didn't let it go through.

    I have no problem buying the product, due to the training.
    I just want to know their system is based on a reputable platform.
    Signature
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
    - Neale Donald Wilson -
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6010633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lewisgoolsby
    I agree that Biznessapps.com is a cheaper route without all the sales training. I see a lot of non-WF marketers out there promoting their white label or GoMobile platforms. I always view those from a standpoint of what benefit does that particular marketer with them that enhances the product for the uses that interest me. The other big point is who retains the rights to the customer and the apps. Some resellers own the apps because they are through their developer IDs. Not an optimal situation for my business model.

    Thanks for the post and information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6116933].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Amber Jalink
      Well I wasn't going to chime in here, but after reading the last couple of posts in particular, I decided I should.

      I'm NOT a "ra ra" kind of person, I don't jump on every bandwagon or launch, and I certainly don't promote 90% of the launches I see.

      However... I will agree with 2 things here - and disagree with something else.

      Agree: Dr Dan - there are many scammers out there, and what you said is totally correct. Often times bashers are people who don't give something a chance, OR they're competitors in some way.

      Agree: mobilemarketer2012 - a lot of wso's are crap. However one thing I learned is that while many of them are variations of others, (unless its word for word the same), you can usually pick up at least something useful, a tidbit of new info, or just the way something is worded, it could spark ideas in your own head of a different approach.

      What I DON'T like is people who start offers (wso's or whatever), and then fall off the face of the earth till they're ready to promote the next "big thing", like a few are doing in the WSO section. I won't name names. (But no, its not Dr. Dan I'm talking about lol).

      Mobilemarketer2012 - Dr. Dan brought that up about the idiot refunder for that exact reason: to point out that not everyone is going to like an offer, or whatever. It was a simple, straightforward point. There have been some incredible offers out there that people will bash - sometimes based on price point, but they have NOT seen the true thing.

      Now I'm not here to start any argument at all.

      I am a buyer of gomobilesolutions.

      I DO know that they are a reseller of the other.

      I HAVE found another system that I will be developing rather than using GMS, so that I have a more proprietary system.

      ** However ** - the reason I DID go with gms - is (as I think someone else mentioned):

      1) Their support team is usually very quick to respond. (I have never had a question or ticket take longer than a day except on a weekend, and occasionally even then I've had a reply). It's not always the answer I want, but at least they respond and are very helpful.

      2) They have over 14 hours of training in their members area... plus documents, marketing materials, etc. You don't think that's worth $1,000??

      In comparison, I also saw features they have that the other doesn't, (and vice versa), so they're obviously doing further development within the system.

      I'm NOT advocating supporting scammers, or anything like that. I'm simply basing my opinion on the system itself. It's actually pretty good.

      However, if you're a competitor, then obviously you'll find reasons not to like them....

      And for people who can't afford that and would rather take a different approach or would rather figure out for themselves how to do it, then obviously there are other solutions.

      Just my 2 cents for what its worth (from a user).

      (And no, I haven't sold any apps yet because honestly I've been tied up with other things on my list, but I certainly see the potential with *some specific* businesses).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6174491].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Amber Jalink
        Originally Posted by mw8020 View Post

        Spose you're not gonna let the cat out of the bag here? I'd understand if you wouldn't - but one never knows unless one asks

        ps - for anyone thinking of getting into mobile apps - I don't think it's a waste of money to get gomobile's stuff (even if you look for/and use other alternatives at a later stage) - I mean what price do you put on being tapped into a pro sales and marketing community to learn how to sell the things? Then if you want to look around for other systems to save costs - why not? It's capitalism baby what the hell. I have not yet bought their system but I will in time.
        lol - well if you don't mind getting into some coding there's this:

        Cross-Platform Mobile App Development | Rhomobile

        (no affiliate link in any way, its open source)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6200169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author try_hard_samurai
    Great stuff here.

    It's a shame that many gurus are quick to push out a offer to their list without first trying out the product. I've been nailed quite a few times like this. Now I only follow a hand full of folks in the space. I try to make sure that they are running a real business and teaching on the side for extra revenue. Not just pushing digital products and teaching full time without a seriously impressive track record that can be verified somehow.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6189157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dantehicks
    Amber,

    Is that platform capable of making HTML5 mobile web apps? I just took a quick look at the site and it looks like it's for native app building/managing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6201289].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Amber Jalink
      Originally Posted by dantehicks View Post

      Amber,

      Is that platform capable of making HTML5 mobile web apps? I just took a quick look at the site and it looks like it's for native app building/managing?
      This one creates them for all - blackberry, iphone, android, and windows. It's ruby on rails that I can see. Just started playing a bit - I'm not a programmer so I can only do so much, but will be handing some off to my programmer that I use when I get stuck

      I need something more customizable than the gomobilesolutions for what I'm working on, and I really like that this one works for blackberry as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6201910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carey Archer
    A quick not to thank you mobilemarketer2012, you saved plenty of young players and some that have been around for a while are also appreciative!
    Cheers Dude!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6504563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ssmayer
    Thank you very much!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6673692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trieuphu
    Thanks for sharing man
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6673822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeGo
    I first looked into doing Mobile Marketing when Adam Horowitz came out with his course, which didn't make me any money. Since then, I've cooled to Mobile Marketing. I know it's the next frontier, but I just get tired of all the guru promises that I'll make a million dollars in a few months.

    I just bought Business Turnkey Exponential here on WF (which was WSOD) and am having fun getting that set up. I just got this on Tuesday so it's premature to say if it will make me money, but I like the idea of how you're helping business owners get government grants.

    At this point, I'm all about getting a product and focusing on making that work. It seems that if you don't focus, you tend to get Shiny Object Syndrome, which is no bueno! Thanks to the OP for the info.
    Signature

    ~Joe G.

    How To Become A Social Media Guru - The Ultimate SEO Bad-Assery Software
    http://josephjgomez.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6685323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Geoff Lord
    Great thread guys. I learned an awful lot in here today and I an greatfull for those willing to share all the Info, good and bad, it all helps..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6685883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author toddfromboston
    I'll throw my opinions in here. I bought into GoMobile and am only finding out now that they are simply a reseller for bizness apps, am I upset? Nope. First off, as mentioned they have hours of sales training which is incredibly helpful for those of use who are just starting out. The sales training is great as is the training on designing the apps. Nine times out of ten I speak directly to someone in customer service whenever I need and they are more than helpful. In fact they've even taken care of issues I've had with customer apps (like graphic issues) directly instead of saying "do this, see ya later." ALSO, my first few months selling apps was near impossible and they were nice enough to extend my 30 day guarantee to 90 days, in fact. I have to call them so they'll charge me for my remaining payments as they still have yet to(I bought back in November!!).

    I have spoken to Damien on the phone several times for sales advice. He sent me some of his closed training with Omar Periu that people paid money for, for free and he even gave me his personal cell number, and the option of using their VIP service to create an app (a $300 option) for free. All because I was having problems closing a sale. So even if they are just a reseller of another product they more than make up for it with their training and support (I feel) and that makes it worth it to me.

    One final thing I'd like to add. I've since added sms marketing and mobile website design to my business and have found that when I lead with the sms marketing and mention apps at the end (along with mobile websites), I've found several of my prospective clients have been interested in an app the most. Mostly restaurants since there is a function for ordering food through the app. Most "mobile app design firms" like Zocalo Labs or Mobilaurus would charge upwards of $5k for an app with that function! I've called them, so I know.

    Just my thoughts
    Signature
    Rock n Roll is BACK!

    Best piece of advice I've ever received... "Listen, just shut the F*#^ up and listen!" (Because there's always going to be people who have been doing what you do/ want to do for much longer. Shut up, listen to them and learn from them)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6701497].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by toddfromboston View Post

      One final thing I'd like to add. I've since added sms marketing and mobile website design to my business and have found that when I lead with the sms marketing and mention apps at the end (along with mobile websites), I've found several of my prospective clients have been interested in an app the most.
      One thing you need to learn VERY quickly in marketing is that your customer is NOT always right. Just because a customer thinks an app is a good idea doesn't actually mean it is. Tell them how much the app will cost and see if they are still interested.

      The simple fact is a mobile web app will do everything a regular app does and it doesn't cost anywhere near as much. You also won't find too many customers who will want to download and keep an app just for their local chinese restaurant... it's overkill.

      You also want to keep in mind that you should only ever offer solutions to your clients that will get them the results they are looking for. Sometimes it's not always the most expensive option they need -- what's most important is you get them results.

      Offline marketing is about building a long term relationship with your clients. We all know that finding new clients is often the hardest part of having an offline business. If you impress your current clients and they keep on coming back for more then all of sudden you get to a point where you no longer need to keep finding new clients -- you just keep dealing with the same old ones over and over.

      If you sell someone an expensive solution they don't need and they end up getting no results, you can be sure that person will never want to work with you again nor will they ever recommend your services to anyone else.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6702017].message }}
    • Todd;

      I am a little late to this response but I wanted to respond because it goes back to the whole reason I started this thread.

      First off, I am glad that you are having success with mobile apps and other mobile marketing products and services. Interestingly enough, although you speak highly of the sales training provided by GMS, it sounds like you developed your own effective sales approach by leading in with SMS and mobile sites.

      If you visit Omar Perieu's website, you will see that you can buy his entire sales course for $199. Again, much less than the $1000 for GMS. Also, it's not like it cost Damien anything to give you a training video he charged other people for, but I'm guessing his other members who did pay for it and are now reading this are not very happy.

      Also, what most GMS members don't seem to be aware of is that Biznessapps also provides sales and app building training as part of their package. They provide numerous videos on how to sell different niches and they provide tutorials on how to build each segment of their app platform. Biznessapps has awesome support and you can call them to get answers as well.

      Ultimately, this goes back to the reason I started this thread. People need to do their due diligence before buying. There is a reason the term "buyer beware" started as a Latin phrase (I think it is Caveat Emptor). People have been screwing other people since the beginning of time.

      Above all, I wish you success in your business.



      Originally Posted by toddfromboston View Post

      I'll throw my opinions in here. I bought into GoMobile and am only finding out now that they are simply a reseller for bizness apps, am I upset? Nope. First off, as mentioned they have hours of sales training which is incredibly helpful for those of use who are just starting out. The sales training is great as is the training on designing the apps. Nine times out of ten I speak directly to someone in customer service whenever I need and they are more than helpful. In fact they've even taken care of issues I've had with customer apps (like graphic issues) directly instead of saying "do this, see ya later." ALSO, my first few months selling apps was near impossible and they were nice enough to extend my 30 day guarantee to 90 days, in fact. I have to call them so they'll charge me for my remaining payments as they still have yet to(I bought back in November!!).

      I have spoken to Damien on the phone several times for sales advice. He sent me some of his closed training with Omar Periu that people paid money for, for free and he even gave me his personal cell number, and the option of using their VIP service to create an app (a $300 option) for free. All because I was having problems closing a sale. So even if they are just a reseller of another product they more than make up for it with their training and support (I feel) and that makes it worth it to me.

      One final thing I'd like to add. I've since added sms marketing and mobile website design to my business and have found that when I lead with the sms marketing and mention apps at the end (along with mobile websites), I've found several of my prospective clients have been interested in an app the most. Mostly restaurants since there is a function for ordering food through the app. Most "mobile app design firms" like Zocalo Labs or Mobilaurus would charge upwards of $5k for an app with that function! I've called them, so I know.

      Just my thoughts
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7073240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author toddfromboston
    Will,

    I couldn't agree more. I was just trying to say that in the beginning most businesses I visited had little interest in smartphone apps. Now that I have several different options it is something that intrigues them. But yes, I would not try to lead a neighborhood Chinese take out place in the direction of investing in an app. I've been finding that smartphone apps only make sense about 20% of the time, mobile based apps, mobile websites and sms marketing make way more sense for 95% of businesses out there. I always do some research about a business before I visit it or if I know the business niche I tend to have a package of solutions I can present. It's not about selling them the highest ticket item possible, its about what works to increase their numbers. And if done properly and they appreciate your services, referrals tend to follow.

    It's funny you mention the customer is not always right... I was an automotive service technician (mechanic) for several years and we would always say "In most businesses the customer is always right, in our business, the customer is usually never right."

    -Todd
    Signature
    Rock n Roll is BACK!

    Best piece of advice I've ever received... "Listen, just shut the F*#^ up and listen!" (Because there's always going to be people who have been doing what you do/ want to do for much longer. Shut up, listen to them and learn from them)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6705584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rockong
    good initial share OP
    Thanks!
    Signature

    Are you a SEO company? Make extra money by becoming a white label backlink audits and removals service reseller.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6705657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SydMichael
    Thanks For The Heads Up!
    Signature

    `Syd Michael
    "The Real Deal"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6718405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Redheadlady
    thank you...wise words...i am doing my due diligence and I totally agree
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6786551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zoobie
    Thanks for your information. Everyone is trying to copy someone else idea. But at the end of the day only the origin wins!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6787432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webgenco
    Hey thanks for the info - I had watched the webinar and during my due diligence on Go Mobile your comment pops up in Google Search. I've applied for my own white label solution and since I'm not a total newbie to sales & marketing I can take it from there with biznessapps.com. I want to thank you for saving me $1000. To the guys credit at Go Mobile, they do offer what appears to be some good training, etc. and that might be good if you are just getting into the game. But I agree it is wrong to put forth a white label solution as your own proprietary platform. Again, thanks for the heads up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6790923].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Newman
    thanks for your input... you are truly an asset to the Warrior forum!
    Signature

    Scott Newman

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7081284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NYC Partners
    Great comment... but the one thing I would like to point out is that even if the software is ripped off, maybe one person has a great way with words and they can communicate the message in a way that the buyer will actually be more successful.

    They can add value to the existing program even if they use it as a base.
    This is worth money in many other situations as well, so i don't see this as a moral issue.

    However, on the whole, there are so many offers out there that are not 100% kosher and do NOT add value, so you gotta keep an eye out and do your HW.

    Nice post... keep up the good work!

    Sincerely,
    Roman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7091634].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott Prock
      I thought I would add my thoughts to this thread as I am trying to get the word out about these guys.

      The latest change to Damien Zamora's product comes via a JV deal with Russell Brunson. They have created Local App Broker, a subscription based membership system using the GoMobile Solutions system (BizApps Whitelabel)

      They're charging $97/mo

      I'm not going to argue the point of value on what's inside the members area, for me, it wasn't worth it. It might be worth it for someone else. The problem I have is how they have the app code structured. You get one app code per month for the $97. That means you can only create one app demo per month. If you sell the demo you can get another app code. However, it appears you need to have the demo approved in the app store before you can get a new app code (if someone knows different please correct me)

      You can also purchase new app codes for an additional $97/ea

      The recent email marketing claims made by Russell Brunson are what have caused me to speak out against their system. Russell believes you can sit outside a client's office and create a demo in 10 minutes, show them the demo and 5 minutes later walk away with a $2500 check, and he indicates there are people like you and me that are doing just that.

      I call BS on that claim. The app building system is not the fastest at transitioning between screens and refreshes after you make changes, so you would be lucky to have an app demo in 30 minutes as long as you had all the graphics created and ready to upload into the app.

      I wrote a blog post review on the whole system, but I'm unsure if it's ok to link from in the post. It will rank soon, then just do a search ;-)
      Signature

      Join - Local App Marketers Facebook Group - tips & collaboration for local app marketers.
      Web / Graphic Design - ProckStar
      Twitter - @ScottProck
      Facebook page

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7094762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Affiguy
    Thanks a ton for this useful info!))) many people can now save a buck
    Signature
    Affiliate's Recurring Commission: Up to 70%, $110 average sale rate + rebills! Both housewives and top managers highly convert. Join In Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7096956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crs30
    Yeah. Dude, I totally see your point.

    On one hand, yeah, that is kind of lame. If they are simply reselling the darn thing and just being a middleman, that's lousy.

    If they are adding some sort of value, such as consulting, training, or a mastermind group, it could be worth the additional cost. Just a consideration.

    In the bigger picture, stuff like this happens all the time. When you go buy stuff at the store, it has been marked up by the manufacturer to the retailer, who then marks it up again. Why the markup? They are delivering the thing to you.

    So I feel like this bit of markup is kind of like a self-created affiliate commission (sort of).

    I don't resell anything, and I admit I don't like buying reseller stuff like that either. But I can see the validity behind it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7102538].message }}

Trending Topics