What is your Mobile Business Plan?

14 replies
Eveyone talks about "selling" mobile services of all sorts,, Sites, SMS marketing, QR Codes, etc. Ok,, but what is your plan? Or, if you are already operating, how are you operating?

I'm hoping people will open up here and either discuss your plan of operation, or let us in on how you run your mobile business operation.

How did you start?

Did you build a website? Or did you use a pre made one that some offer in WSO's?
Did you get a separate phone #? A 1-800 #?
Did you file a fictitious business name?
Do you run the whole biz yourself? Or, do you outsource? If so, how do you outsource and what part do you outsource?
What courses (WSO's) did you buy to gain your knowledge and what do you recommend?

Tell us your whole set up.

It seems here that a lot of people mention how they are scared about getting started and maybe, if they had a better idea of how to get off on the right foot, it might be a little (or a lot) less nerve racking.
So please, let us all here how you run your day to day operations. You might help out a person or two,, and isn't that what we're all here for,, either to help or get help.


Robert X
#business #mobile #plan
  • Profile picture of the author gottalovegoogle
    You always need a website plan when it comes to a mobile site. People will use your site more on a computer than on your phone. The biggest thing is everything needs to be planned religously.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6457721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alfid
      Originally Posted by gottalovegoogle View Post

      You always need a website plan when it comes to a mobile site. People will use your site more on a computer than on your phone. The biggest thing is everything needs to be planned religously.
      Well, I would say if you can have both a PC as well as a mobile site that would be best. Either that, or a site that is compatible with both straightaway. I guess you have to have a contact form on your site that includes their mobile phone number to create a list. I have not done this yet, but that's what I would do if I was ready for mobile marketing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6471447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author meochain
    Nice information...Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Social Guy
    First: learn how to read the Warrior Forum.. There are a lot of interesting and successful IM in this forum but also A LOT of garbage (just like the one above my post: "Nice information" reply's etc. Just a wast of your time)

    When you see the quality posters you will find the WSO's that best suite your needs..

    Second: Take ACTION and show PASSION! If you do not have passion for your IM you will NOT succeed, period. You can learn the trics, you can get the people in the "yes mode" but in the end you got to have pasion for the thing you are selling and must ask for the sale because you know how to help your client(s).

    Third: Yes, I do have a website wich I build myself (using a nice template) yes. I do have a normal telephone where people can call me (also mobile off-course).

    Fourth: Outsourcing... I tried some oDesk people. Found some terrible people and some good (pay more, give good instructions and expect to pay more than you agreed on because most of the time they wil bill more hours...)

    Fifth: (In relation to 'fourth'). I'm now working with local people that know the market we are operating in and I think this is working best for my company.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6459790].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brandon_holcomb
      Originally Posted by Social Guy View Post


      Fourth: Outsourcing... I tried some oDesk people. Found some terrible people and some good (pay more, give good instructions and expect to pay more than you agreed on because most of the time they wil bill more hours...)

      I have used oDesk quite a bit in the past few years. I have found that it is way better to present a project with a set budget and if you and they both accept the project either for the budget amount that you suggested or that they offered and you accepted. Then the project will not go over the budget.

      As with any project the success will greatly depend on the level of clear concise directions.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6460099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert X
    No,, I mean what's your plan of operation?

    Sheesh!
    Signature

    [

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6460678].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Social Guy
      Originally Posted by brandon_holcomb View Post

      As with any project the success will greatly depend on the level of clear concise directions.
      Maybe that has something to do with it as well. I just learned a lesson and for me (at this time) working with people you can meat in person works best. Maybe this will change in the future.

      Originally Posted by Robert X View Post

      No,, I mean what's your plan of operation?

      Sheesh!
      Thank you very much! I was the only one replying with some thought and explaining how I WORK. Not my complete business plan, sorry about that :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6462298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mjbmedia
    First we set up sites including mobile, limited company (UK) , VAT registered, branded social presence, marketed our services, filled in some of our knowledge weaknesses re running a business.

    We deal with clients, set up strategies , outsource the actual technical and deliverables
    Signature

    Mike

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6462744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Bell
    SMS/TEXT MARKETING

    specifically with restaurants. I have two models:

    1) Mobile rewards V.I.P clubs- I help restaurants build a in house list and drive and increase traffic for them running varied campaigns

    2) Restaurant Daily deal sms/text company- I have a super list of city residents in which i promote restaurant deals to. Restaurants pay me for increasing sales and foot traffic. Simple yet effective model.

    both models are super simple yet very effective. i just wash and repeat!
    Signature

    Want real world field tested SMS training? SMS is what I know. You can check out our best stuff here: http://mobilebizsuccess.com/sms-madness//

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6467739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lavalink
    Well I'm only just getting started breaking into mobile - but here goes - will try to answer your questions in relation to what my plan will be...

    Did you build a website? Or did you use a pre made one that some offer in WSO's?
    A)
    Yes... I am currently building my site which will be at lavalinkmobile.com. It's a WordPress, and an offshoot of my main business that provides web design and SEO which is lavalinkonline.com. The website will feature videos, sales statistics, reasons to act now, and a dedicated sales/landing page targeted to each niche which I plan to build apps for: realtors, law firms, and non-profits.

    Did you get a separate phone #? A 1-800 #?
    A) Don't yet have a separate phone number because currently I only have about 8-9 offline clients.But if we scale up like I'm hoping, definitely will need a call answering service.

    Did you file a fictitious business name?
    A) Yes, but it's become more of a general business name which I launch all of my service offerings under: LavaLink, LLC.

    Do you run the whole biz yourself? Or, do you outsource? If so, how do you outsource and what part do you outsource?
    A) As far as our mobile offering, it will be myself and a partner who will focus solely on sales. We will create the first dozen or so apps ourselves so we can get a gauge for quality control, then outsource to an individual who can produce a deliverable that's on-par with our standards.

    What courses (WSO's) did you buy to gain your knowledge and what do you recommend?

    A) Haven't purchased any WSO's yet on mobile marketing - but we plan to use biznessapps.com and their platform for creating and marketing apps until we understand the market well.

    Hope this helps. And hopefully I'll be back in about 3 months or so to share some actual good results!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6467808].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author xtremeapp
      Originally Posted by lavalink View Post

      Well I'm only just getting started breaking into mobile - but here goes - will try to answer your questions in relation to what my plan will be...

      Did you build a website? Or did you use a pre made one that some offer in WSO's?
      A)
      Yes... I am currently building my site which will be at lavalinkmobile.com. It's a WordPress, and an offshoot of my main business that provides web design and SEO which is lavalinkonline.com. The website will feature videos, sales statistics, reasons to act now, and a dedicated sales/landing page targeted to each niche which I plan to build apps for: realtors, law firms, and non-profits.

      Did you get a separate phone #? A 1-800 #?
      A) Don't yet have a separate phone number because currently I only have about 8-9 offline clients.But if we scale up like I'm hoping, definitely will need a call answering service.

      Did you file a fictitious business name?
      A) Yes, but it's become more of a general business name which I launch all of my service offerings under: LavaLink, LLC.

      Do you run the whole biz yourself? Or, do you outsource? If so, how do you outsource and what part do you outsource?
      A) As far as our mobile offering, it will be myself and a partner who will focus solely on sales. We will create the first dozen or so apps ourselves so we can get a gauge for quality control, then outsource to an individual who can produce a deliverable that's on-par with our standards.

      What courses (WSO's) did you buy to gain your knowledge and what do you recommend?

      A) Haven't purchased any WSO's yet on mobile marketing - but we plan to use biznessapps.com and their platform for creating and marketing apps until we understand the market well.

      Hope this helps. And hopefully I'll be back in about 3 months or so to share some actual good results!
      Well, that's what i call a perfect and detailed reply to all the queries, highly appreciated! However i want to ask what does the term "WSO" means?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6468936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MdJones
    I would be happy to share my business operations, it gets pretty detailed with a staff of 12, but I will cover as much as I can with out being boring.

    We have 3 websites, all having different purposes so people don't get confused on what we offer, and it's better for SEO (we are relaunching today actually, and servers are taking forever to switch them over so were having difficulties today)

    One site is for QR codes, branded QR codes to be specific, thats our niche. We created a easy ordering system, when the client orders the QR code, it gets designed, clients get revisions and final product, everyone is happy. I have 4 designers that design QR codes all day. Codes range $35-$99 takes about 10min-hour depending on design to complete a QR code.

    The other site is for our mobile websites. We have a wordpress plugin, and a mobile site builder, or we can do it for the client for $99. Hosting is $5mo. I have 2 developers working on this full time, it is quite the project, and still in beta, but with further time and money, this program will be solid.

    The 3rd site is our creative agency, where we do full scale web dev, and design work. When people funnel in for the QR codes, and or the mobile sites, it opens the door for us to become their new webmaster and graphic designer.

    If you noticed, we have 3 different sites and products, but they can all be funneled together, and regenerating business. This way clients don't get confused on what we offer, if everything was on one site, visitors would be very confused on what service we offer. Simplify your services.

    We use a 888 number, have a registered LLC and all our developers and designers are inhouse, but contracted. I highly recommend contracting, when business fluctuates, it's easier to accommodate the lack of work load. Outsourcing hasn't worked to well for us, to many times the project gets half done and its bailed. Hope this gives a insight on our daily operations, and helps others decide their own.

    Jones.
    Signature

    Custom Branded Handcrafted QR Codes, mobile site builder, loyalty rewards, mobile coupons ad SMSQRlicious
    Increase mobile conversion rates.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6471004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoing1
    I havent read everyones posts, but I used a program called sms caster. Used a motorola E815m phone. Connected it to my computer via bluetooth and was off sending a message every second.

    I had it send once every second. Only ran it for 16 hours a day so that they wouldnt receive the message too late in the evening.

    I sent an avg of 50,000 message a day.
    Signature

    Mobile cell phone database of 300 Million phone numbers. PM if you are interested. Have several happy customers and Joint Venture partners.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6473754].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SEOUSA
      Originally Posted by seoing1 View Post

      I havent read everyones posts, but I used a program called sms caster. Used a motorola E815m phone. Connected it to my computer via bluetooth and was off sending a message every second.

      I had it send once every second. Only ran it for 16 hours a day so that they wouldnt receive the message too late in the evening.

      I sent an avg of 50,000 message a day.
      Thanks to all post in this thread including seoing1.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6482215].message }}

Trending Topics