How should I get paid
Two of the most thought about questions by those getting started in Mobile websites.
Here is a quick review of the information floating around out there:
- 1 time fee ranging from $100 to $397 on average, up to $1000 on the high end.
- 1 time fee plus low monthly 'hosting/maintenance fee' usually ranging between $15 and $40
- Free offer plus monthly 'hosting/maintenance fees' See above rates
- Setup Fee plus monthly 'hosting/maintenance' fees
- Credit Cards (in person or via a payment link)
My pricing model works like this:
I actually charge a $100 setup fee and offer 3 pricing tiers. Each tier includes additional services and pages to add value and raise price
$100 setup fee and $67/mo for basic
$100 setup and 167/mo for upgraded
$100 setup and 267/mo for premium
I also offer a promotion - pay 6 months up front receive 1 month free or 12 months up front receive 2 months free.
As far as my payments go, I can do all the above except swipe a card, but I've been considering getting a phone /creditcard reader.
I prefer automatic payments over monthly invoicing because I don't want to be looking to see whos paying/not paying all the time.
Please share your rates and payment methods!