20 Things Users Want Most From Mobile Sites!

7 replies
Some useful ammo to push your mobile websites or even for sms marketing.
The 20 Things Users Want Most From Your Mobile Site [New Google Data]

Stats are good but I'm sure building a rapport and relationship with the business owner is really what will seal the deal. But having the stats to back things up, shouldn't hurt either.
#mobile #sites #stats #things #users
  • Profile picture of the author geolocal
    I think they need to see and hear about competitors getting more customers via mobile sites, apps, SMS etc. Just like it was in the early days of offline marketing, pain and fear of loss is the biggest motivator for many. Prove that they're losing money, then they'll listen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7057087].message }}
    • Originally Posted by geolocal View Post

      I think they need to see and hear about competitors getting more customers via mobile sites, apps, SMS etc. Just like it was in the early days of offline marketing, pain and fear of loss is the biggest motivator for many. Prove that they're losing money, then they'll listen.

      You're right but you have to be able to prove statements like that. How do you quantify that their local competitors around them are actually getting more customers than they are because of their mobile sites? That would be my first question if I were the business owner.

      I think if you're showing them mobile search volume for their local keywords and if you can then point to competitors that do have mobile sites, then that's definitely proving they are losing business and money to competitors. But again this goes back to including stats and numbers into the mix.

      Couple that data/stats with the emotional triggers, your "likeability" and other value adds and it's a nice recipe to help you close more sales. I think it can all be mixed together to educate the client.
      Signature
      Struggling To Make Money With Internet Marketing?
      -->> DISCOVER HOW I EARNED $8486 ONLINE WITHOUT SELLING! <<--

      No SEO, No List Building, No Social Media, No PPC, No Email Marketing Required!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7057168].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author geolocal
        As we get more detailed stats, it will become easier. Here's an infographic that helps to paint the picture: Mobile Web Traffic Statistics [Infographic]

        What we need now are more niche stats, i.e. percentage of "choice of restaurant" decisions that are made from the car, real estate sales resulting from mobile technology, etc. It's easy enough to find competitors in any niche with mobilized sites, it's quantifying the mobile traffic and proving it translates to sales that's the next step.

        Originally Posted by workathomecareers View Post

        You're right but you have to be able to prove statements like that. How do you quantify that their local competitors around them are actually getting more customers than they are because of their mobile sites? That would be my first question if I were the business owner.

        I think if you're showing them mobile search volume for their local keywords and if you can then point to competitors that do have mobile sites, then that's definitely proving they are losing business and money to competitors. But again this goes back to including stats and numbers into the mix.

        Couple that data/stats with the emotional triggers, your "likeability" and other value adds and it's a nice recipe to help you close more sales. I think it can all be mixed together to educate the client.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7058237].message }}
        • Originally Posted by geolocal View Post

          As we get more detailed stats, it will become easier. Here's an infographic that helps to paint the picture: Mobile Web Traffic Statistics [Infographic]

          What we need now are more niche stats, i.e. percentage of "choice of restaurant" decisions that are made from the car, real estate sales resulting from mobile technology, etc. It's easy enough to find competitors in any niche with mobilized sites, it's quantifying the mobile traffic and proving it translates to sales that's the next step.
          Exactly! I totally agree with you.
          Signature
          Struggling To Make Money With Internet Marketing?
          -->> DISCOVER HOW I EARNED $8486 ONLINE WITHOUT SELLING! <<--

          No SEO, No List Building, No Social Media, No PPC, No Email Marketing Required!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7062125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author umeedngo
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7060042].message }}
    • Originally Posted by umeedngo View Post

      i don't have much knolwedge about mobile marketing ...i just want to know about how we can create the mobile site.
      WillR's My Mobile Business
      http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...available.html

      It's what I use to create mobile websites. If you understand basic html and if you don't you can make mobile sites. The first one may take you time. But after doing one or two, you fly through the other ones. I've created 3 this past week. lol
      Signature
      Struggling To Make Money With Internet Marketing?
      -->> DISCOVER HOW I EARNED $8486 ONLINE WITHOUT SELLING! <<--

      No SEO, No List Building, No Social Media, No PPC, No Email Marketing Required!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7062174].message }}
  • Great post, I was hoping for a personal touch.... Not a link
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7062554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shoopt
    Since people are getting indulge more in mobile platforms and loves to browse web from smart phone devices, making your business websites mobile friendly is the need of present time. The article is nice and the stats are pretty interesting, seems in coming time websites that are not mobile friendly will produce zero web revenue.
    Signature

    I am Daniel Jones, working in a Mobile Application Development Company as a Mobile App Developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7066456].message }}

Trending Topics