Register Advertise with usHelp Desk Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 28th Apr 2013, 05:09 AM   #101
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Scotty,

One thing I have done last week was to get the builders who are doing work for me to buy my sites...you see I have purchased a barn to renovate (should be done in 3 months), so the contractors who quoted me have all been told they have the work but they need to buy my £595 mobile websites, bearing in mind the typical cost for one of the trades is £15K is nothing.

I did have an electrician ask me "who I thought I was?" So I just asked him, "without my work how many other jobs do you have for the next 3 weeks?" He told me "none". So I then asked him, "you are making good profit on this job - correct? So £595 is nothing?"

He then told me, he would buy, by last Wednesday I had the following websites to do:
1 electrician
1 x roofer
1 x builder
1 x plumber
1 x aerial engineer



I did the same with the kitchen, I got 4 designers to come round and quote, then when they chased up their quote, I told them the price was within budget but I was concerned as they did not seem to have a grip of new technology, then I mentioned a mobile website needless to say I sold one for £895 and we got the kitchen we want.:p

Dexter.
DexterGallagher is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterGallagher For This Useful Post:
Unread 28th Apr 2013, 09:35 AM   #102
Skochy - Musical Salesman
War Room Member
 
Scott Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Perpetually Travelling...
Posts: 343
Thanks: 825
Thanked 117 Times in 51 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by DexterGallagher View Post

Scotty,

I find in the UK that the business owners of small companies are very skeptical when they get a cold call...they think how much will it cost me? But by mentioning their competitors in the SAME town or city they want to "protect" their turf so will do (within reason) anything to protect their livelihood.

One builder told me to sling my hook (using other words...) so I did what I said and contacted 4 other competitors of his in HIS town and got 3 of them to buy mobile websites, 2 weeks later the same builder who told me to go away called me asking how long it would take to build a mobile site as his competitors are getting all the enquiries - I explained that I had created mobile websites for them and he confirmed that was the reason he was calling...I told him £1300 and he paid! If he had not been rude I would have done it for £500 - his loss my HUGE gain.
I don't think you'd be alone in thinking British businesses are narrow-minded.

But taking into account your first post in this thread, you've obviously found your sweet spot over here and turned it around.

Fair play to you. Seems like selling by fear of loss is working for you.

Yours in prosperity,
Skochy - The Musical Salesman
Scott Stevens is offline  
Unread 28th Apr 2013, 09:53 AM   #103
Skochy - Musical Salesman
War Room Member
 
Scott Stevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Perpetually Travelling...
Posts: 343
Thanks: 825
Thanked 117 Times in 51 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by DexterGallagher View Post

Scotty,

One thing I have done last week was to get the builders who are doing work for me to buy my sites...you see I have purchased a barn to renovate (should be done in 3 months), so the contractors who quoted me have all been told they have the work but they need to buy my £595 mobile websites, bearing in mind the typical cost for one of the trades is £15K is nothing.

I did have an electrician ask me "who I thought I was?" So I just asked him, "without my work how many other jobs do you have for the next 3 weeks?" He told me "none". So I then asked him, "you are making good profit on this job - correct? So £595 is nothing?"

He then told me, he would buy, by last Wednesday I had the following websites to do:
1 electrician
1 x roofer
1 x builder
1 x plumber
1 x aerial engineer



I did the same with the kitchen, I got 4 designers to come round and quote, then when they chased up their quote, I told them the price was within budget but I was concerned as they did not seem to have a grip of new technology, then I mentioned a mobile website needless to say I sold one for £895 and we got the kitchen we want.:p

Dexter.
You got balls, boy.

Yours in prosperity,
Skochy - The Musical Salesman
Scott Stevens is offline  
Unread 28th Apr 2013, 11:54 AM   #104
HyperActive Warrior
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Andy Lemos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 120
Thanks: 22
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Mr. Bill I agree with your post. Objections should be overcomed and not let it stress you whatsoever.
Andy Lemos is offline  
Unread 29th Apr 2013, 12:18 AM   #105
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Scotty Stevens View Post

You got balls, boy.
Scotty,

I had one builder threaten to walk off site - thought that would worry me...so right in front of him I called up the building supervisor who arranged the builders and asked for another one as I could not work with him and seeing I am paying the bill, what I say goes.

The builder "bricked himself"! He thought like many British workmen that they had me over a barrel, after I passed him my phone to speak to his supervisor he certainly changed his attitude and purchased a mobile site from me - I call it "reciprocal business".
DexterGallagher is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterGallagher For This Useful Post:
Unread 29th Apr 2013, 12:21 AM   #106
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Andy Lemos View Post

Mr. Bill I agree with your post. Objections should be overcomed and not let it stress you whatsoever.
Objections are there because you have not sold the buyer into buying - they have so many doubts and they think you are going to scam them.

If we say it buyers think we are lying, if Google says it they believe it...so show them proof on Google .
DexterGallagher is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterGallagher For This Useful Post:
Unread 29th Apr 2013, 12:24 AM   #107
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Scotty Stevens View Post

Seems like selling by fear of loss is working for you.
Yes fear sell works for me

  • Fear of their competition taking all THEIR customers
  • Fear of no money to pay the bills
Like I say, when I am spending my money on this build I expect to get reciprocal business, if not I will find a contractor who will and in the UK economic climate there are many who will buy your mobile sites for some work.
DexterGallagher is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterGallagher For This Useful Post:
Unread 4th May 2013, 07:23 AM   #108
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Just started offering the virtual scratch card for free as long as the business takes a mobile landing page, this is appealing to the prospects I targeted before and got a no from!

I have posted a link on a restaurant owners forum and I am getting 10 calls a day from eager buyers. Paying $450 for a landing page and 500 cards, takes 15 mins to set up
DexterGallagher is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DexterGallagher For This Useful Post:
Unread 4th May 2013, 08:14 AM   #109
Bill Holton
War Room Member
 
usndsd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 33
Thanks: 32
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

[QUOTEFor many businesses when you call you first get a gatekeeper or some other worker that is not the DM (owner, mangager, dentist, etc.). What do you say to get to the DM and do you try to find the name of this DM beforehand or not?
][/QUOTE]

I use Manta with great success to get the DM or owners name and contact info .....so I make a list of owners directly from Manta for the vertical I want to call and then I go through the list either calling if I have the number from manta or emailing the owner directly....

Bill Holton -Appznation Co Founder
skype: bill_holton
Mobile Apps|Speed Draw Hitman Vol 1|Speed Draw Hitman Vol 2|Looney Vectors
usndsd is offline  
Unread 5th May 2013, 06:28 AM   #110
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Dexter

How do you sell mobile sites for £595? just break it down for me, how do you approach these businesses, what do you say to them? Do they pay you the all amount on the spot or in two installments deposit and completion. Need to make £3000 in 2weeks, starting coldwalking Tuesday. Do you go with a mockup and a information flyer? and in your experience what businesses should I target to best archive my goal.

Ready or not I need to start this week.mr ActionAction is my name now, initially I was going to sell the m.sites for £295 but not any more your selling for £595+ I need to be on that mindset.
Also do you do offer mobile marketing and for how much?


Thanks
consultmobi is offline  
Unread 5th May 2013, 08:38 AM   #111
First Ecover Action Guy
War Room Member
 
RichardDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Mich, USA
Posts: 402
Thanks: 13
Thanked 48 Times in 43 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

DexterGallagher

What will you do when you run out of things to get fixed.

You got your roof fixed you will not need another roof for at least 25 years if they did a good job.

So then what?

Richard

5 Minute Mobile Sites... My Next WSO Comming Soon.
RichardDean is offline  
Unread 5th May 2013, 09:50 AM   #112
VIP Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,957
Thanks: 262
Thanked 478 Times in 326 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

He already said other things he is doing successfully to get business.

Originally Posted by RichardDean View Post

DexterGallagher

What will you do when you run out of things to get fixed.

You got your roof fixed you will not need another roof for at least 25 years if they did a good job.

So then what?

Richard
ronr is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronr For This Useful Post:
Unread 6th May 2013, 02:05 AM   #113
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hi,

I have PMed you

Originally Posted by dziraba View Post

Dexter

How do you sell mobile sites for £595? just break it down for me, how do you approach these businesses, what do you say to them? Do they pay you the all amount on the spot or in two installments deposit and completion. Need to make £3000 in 2weeks, starting coldwalking Tuesday. Do you go with a mockup and a information flyer? and in your experience what businesses should I target to best archive my goal.

Ready or not I need to start this week.mr ActionAction is my name now, initially I was going to sell the m.sites for £295 but not any more your selling for £595+ I need to be on that mindset.
Also do you do offer mobile marketing and for how much?


Thanks
DexterGallagher is offline  
Unread 6th May 2013, 02:08 AM   #114
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Richard I have been selling mobile sites BEFORE I started on the renovation, so I know what I am doing

I thought why have contractors on site that are NOT buying MY product? In my book it is called reciprocal business, in the building industry in the UK they are lucky to have work, when I am paying thousands of pounds for a job, a mobile site will not kill their profit.

On a daily basis, I sell mobile sites so it does NOT depend on what work needs doing on the house.

Less procrastination and more action Richard.

Dexter :p

Originally Posted by RichardDean View Post

DexterGallagher

What will you do when you run out of things to get fixed.

You got your roof fixed you will not need another roof for at least 25 years if they did a good job.

So then what?

Richard
DexterGallagher is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DexterGallagher For This Useful Post:
Unread 7th May 2013, 04:30 PM   #115
First Ecover Action Guy
War Room Member
 
RichardDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Mich, USA
Posts: 402
Thanks: 13
Thanked 48 Times in 43 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by DexterGallagher View Post

Richard I have been selling mobile sites BEFORE I started on the renovation, so I know what I am doing

I thought why have contractors on site that are NOT buying MY product? In my book it is called reciprocal business, in the building industry in the UK they are lucky to have work, when I am paying thousands of pounds for a job, a mobile site will not kill their profit.

On a daily basis, I sell mobile sites so it does NOT depend on what work needs doing on the house.

Dexter :p

So it is a I scratch your back you scratch mine... and if they don't scratch your back you don't hire them and call their supervisor ( Fear Selling as you call it )

Don't think that would work in the US... not with me anyways I'm talking about Fear selling.

I have always lived my life where I can walk away from any deal without concern. I have never let any one deal make or break me. I just created a 150.00 logo for someone... they wanted me to make a website, my price is 795.00. I turned them away because they were such a pain in the A Double Snakes with the logo that is just is not worth putting myself through that.

I turned around and got 3 deals from one guy who owns a body shop, towing and restoration for 2000.00.

I don't have to take my cars to him NO FEAR.

Glad it works for you.

As the rule goes "what works for one person does not always work for another".

thanks for sharing

Richard

5 Minute Mobile Sites... My Next WSO Comming Soon.
RichardDean is offline  
Unread 8th May 2013, 10:35 AM   #116
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Richard, these contractors told me when I initially cold called them 2 months ago regarding a mobile website to F*** off! So I tried it the "nice" way, as you say the shoe is on the other foot, so they either play ball or go find another job! With building work been quite had to find in the UK at the moment I thought I would try it and it is working, I am smiling now not them!

Dexter.
DexterGallagher is offline  
Unread 8th May 2013, 10:46 AM   #117
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 17
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by DexterGallagher View Post

Hi,

I have PMed you
I would also like to know your answers
Also can you post any links to your mobile websites to have a look at them.
Do you have a website of your own where you list your services?

Thx!
8kaday is offline  
Unread 8th May 2013, 08:17 PM   #118
First Ecover Action Guy
War Room Member
 
RichardDean's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Mich, USA
Posts: 402
Thanks: 13
Thanked 48 Times in 43 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by DexterGallagher View Post

Richard, these contractors told me when I initially cold called them 2 months ago regarding a mobile website to F*** off! So I tried it the "nice" way, as you say the shoe is on the other foot, so they either play ball or go find another job! With building work been quite had to find in the UK at the moment I thought I would try it and it is working, I am smiling now not them!

Dexter.
You just traded services right... Example: Say a roof cost 3000.00 and your mobile site is 500.00... So you just pay 2500.00 for the roof?

If you got a kitchen remodel... my kitchen I did in 2007 it was just over 30,000.

So I guess you give them a free mobile site and they knock the price down a few hundred.

I would also like to see these sites if you PM me.

Thanks again
Richard

5 Minute Mobile Sites... My Next WSO Comming Soon.
RichardDean is offline  
Unread 9th May 2013, 12:27 AM   #119
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

hi 8Kaday,

Let me know your questions and I will try to answer them.

Yes, we have a website (who doesn't?) Why do you want to buy some websites from me? I used the WillR minute mobile mock ups and jump mobi for the full blown sites, for landing pages I use WillRs new landing page creator.

WillR has some awesome products and fantastic support if you need it!

Dexter

Originally Posted by 8kaday View Post

I would also like to know your answers
Also can you post any links to your mobile websites to have a look at them.
Do you have a website of your own where you list your services?

Thx!
DexterGallagher is offline  
Unread 9th May 2013, 12:30 AM   #120
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Living in Cambridge UK for 2-3 years.
Posts: 645
Thanks: 78
Thanked 143 Times in 103 Posts
Default
Re: Mobile Website Objections - Overcoming Them?
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Incorrect actually, I pay full price for their service and they pay me for the mobi website.

Nice try RichardDean for some hot leads for seo, reputation management etc. I once made this mistake before and the companies I posted got bombed with people offering services and I got a boll*****g

I am highlighting on how if you change the game you CAN win, I was doing what everyone else was doing and I changed the way I play and I am seeing good results.

If you have any other questions, I will gladly help if I can, but I will not pass up the contacts I have done work for - it is unethical it's not as if I am offering a WSO! Mind you that might be an idea....Only joking too busy.

Dexter.

Originally Posted by RichardDean View Post

You just traded services right... Example: Say a roof cost 3000.00 and your mobile site is 500.00... So you just pay 2500.00 for the roof?

If you got a kitchen remodel... my kitchen I did in 2007 it was just over 30,000.

So I guess you give them a free mobile site and they knock the price down a few hundred.

I would also like to see these sites if you PM me.

Thanks again
Richard
DexterGallagher is offline  
Closed Thread


Bookmarks

Tags
mobile, objections, overcoming, website


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 PM.