What can you charge for a mobile site !?

by chriz
22 replies
Hello everyone,

What can you charge a client for a mobile website with let's say 5 pages ? Since I am just starting out I don't exactly know. Sold my first two websites last week a normal and a mobile website.

I heard webdesigners charge up from 299 dollars to 750 dollars or more for a mobile website, but what is the average price one can ask for a mobile website globally !?

Thanks,

Chris
#horror #life #mobile #real #story
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
    Signature
    Promise Big.
    Deliver Bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8017221].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chriz
      Originally Posted by Eddie Spangler View Post

      Well Jackie do I really need to explain this to you, it is not exactly rocket science !?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8017256].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Eddie Spangler
        Originally Posted by chriz View Post

        Well Jackie do I really need to explain this to you, it is not exactly rocket science !?
        Haha now that you cut 95 percent of your initial ramble the question is now clear.

        The answer is whatever you can get for it.

        Although I will say that the range you posted is probably reasonable as an average.
        Signature
        Promise Big.
        Deliver Bigger.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8017411].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author chriz
          Originally Posted by Eddie Spangler View Post

          Haha now that you cut 95 percent of your initial ramble the question is now clear.

          The answer is whatever you can get for it.

          Although I will say that the range you posted is probably reasonable as an average.
          Haha yes my initial ramble was my about my first two website sold ever, which went horribly wrong initially when presenting it to the business owner. It turned out well in the end.

          I thought I'd share it for every newbie starting out. Making mistakes and screw- up are part of the process of becoming succesful. If one has never made a mistake one has not tried anything new. Don't know anymore who coined that Quote but I like it
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8018676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    I generally suggest people start at around the $297 mark. I wouldn't really go any lower than that. Once you get a few clients under your belt at that price you will be able to guage how they reacted to the price and adjust your price upwards accordingly.

    There is no one size fits all as different countries and different markets will react differently so you need to have your price match your particular market.

    Also I suggest you use different priced packages to help sell more.

    You can read more about that here:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...ould-help.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8017518].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chriz
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      I generally suggest people start at around the $297 mark. I wouldn't really go any lower than that. Once you get a few clients under your belt at that price you will be able to guage how they reacted to the price and adjust your price upwards accordingly.

      There is no one size fits all as different countries and different markets will react differently so you need to have your price match your particular market.

      Also I suggest you use different priced packages to help sell more.

      You can read more about that here:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/offline-...ould-help.html
      Thanks for your info WillR ! I have read your stuff and I believe you also have some great products on Warriorforum, can't remember the names however , maybe you can point me in the right direction of your products !?

      Ok you say keep the minimum for mobile sites to 297 dollars. In my country (I live close by Amsterdam the Netherlands) the local webdesign agencies start about 375 , 397 euros as a base templates fee for a 5-page mobile website including contact page.

      That's for the minimum , what can one charge as maximum for a mobile website like a 7 or 10 page website !?

      I read your stuff, you seem like someone who knows what he is is talking about so for me as a newbie starting out this is valuable information coming from you. I even was considering some of your stuff a while ago Willr but forgot the name of the products
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8018714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    You can change your title by clicking edit and then advanced edit.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Visit my site for more info

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8017604].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
    I really depends on what value the customer puts on it - saying that I am selling them form $495 for a landing page to $2080 for a rude builder...
    Signature

    We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8020810].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chriz
      Originally Posted by DexterGallagher View Post

      I really depends on what value the customer puts on it - saying that I am selling them form $495 for a landing page to $2080 for a rude builder...
      In my country I live close by Amsterdam in The Netherlands mobile sites are not used as much like in the US. For example where I live only one camera shop has QR codes on his door out of hundreds of stores and busineses. I did have one Locksmith asked me about QR codes.

      I think there is a big market in my country for mobile marketing since even webdesigner agencies are barely scratching the surface over here. For me I learn how they do it in the US to implement that here !

      $495 for a landing page then you are doing something right I would say ! $2080 even better. What kind of sites are these with how many pages and what is on the website. Must be something pretty amazing if business are paying you these prices !
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8021822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Minista
    You can charge what ever you want. If you are using the right tool, the mobile website deisgn may take 2 to 5 hours. You can charge per hour or per page.

    Most of the time the customer will prefer to pay per pages.

    So you set for exmaple 200$ for admin fee + 100$ per long page and 50$ for basics pages. So you can easily charge 350 to 500$ and the customer shouldn't complain.
    Signature

    Google Maps Contact Extractor, a google maps scraper software (Scrape google places data)
    Yellow Pages Scraper software an easy to use Yellow pages scraper software
    Yelp Data Scraper software, extract data from yelp website.
    Management-Ware Extract Anywhere, Website data extractor software, create your scraper to extract data from almost any website. Door to door CRM software.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8051520].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tinyreal
    I charge $597 plus $297/year

    they arent just buying the site, they are buying me along with it, plus I bonus the crap out of them
    Signature
    Click here now for 10 Strategies to give you all the traffic you deserve absolutely free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8057385].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MrIMVO
      Originally Posted by tinyreal View Post

      I charge $597 plus $297/year

      they arent just buying the site, they are buying me along with it, plus I bonus the crap out of them
      What type of bonuses are you providing?

      It seems that with Duda, GoMobi and a host of other 'do it yourself' builders that custom sites price points will be coming down. What separates site builders (the human kind) from the online site builders are the extras we can provide. I'd love to hear what 'extras' other provide.


      cheers,
      m
      Signature

      The 'Voice' of Internet Marketing - quality voice over with a quick turnaround at a 'wso' price. :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8112618].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WillR
        Originally Posted by MrIMVO View Post

        What type of bonuses are you providing?

        It seems that with Duda, GoMobi and a host of other 'do it yourself' builders that custom sites price points will be coming down. What separates site builders (the human kind) from the online site builders are the extras we can provide. I'd love to hear what 'extras' other provide.

        cheers,
        m
        Actually, the average business owner wouldn't know the first thing about online site builders and don't want to learn either. It makes much more sense for them to pay someone like you to build a site for them.

        Don't for a minute think the average business owner is going to be looking for online tools to create mobile websites -- it's just not the case.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8113729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony11690
    $500 and up for a mobile website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8059602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Amanda786
    Originally Posted by chriz View Post

    Hello everyone,

    What can you charge a client for a mobile website with let's say 5 pages ? Since I am just starting out I don't exactly know. Sold my first two websites last week a normal and a mobile website.

    I heard webdesigners charge up from 299 dollars to 750 dollars or more for a mobile website, but what is the average price one can ask for a mobile website globally !?

    Thanks,

    Chris
    Hi
    Usually it starts from 300 dollars and also it depends on your clinets demands. What his demands are and how much he agree to give you for your efforts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8070352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aduttonater
    Charge as high as you can, then let the price drop from there. Figure out the agreed upon terms ($ in #s). Get to work and continue the process. Could be rocket science, but it's not!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8070871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by aduttonater View Post

      Charge as high as you can, then let the price drop from there. Figure out the agreed upon terms ($ in #s). Get to work and continue the process. Could be rocket science, but it's not!
      I would recommend doing the opposite of this. Start your price low and slowly build it up based on the feedback you are getting from clients. Putting up your prices is a good thing but lowering your prices just makes you look cheap. So always start lower and raise your price rather than the other way around.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8072621].message }}
      • It all depends on what features you put in? Will you be adding forms, map, etc. Also will you be hosting the site for them. Generally around $295 is the cost for a 5 page site
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8075681].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Abrar Tariq
        Originally Posted by WillR View Post

        I would recommend doing the opposite of this. Start your price low and slowly build it up based on the feedback you are getting from clients. Putting up your prices is a good thing but lowering your prices just makes you look cheap. So always start lower and raise your price rather than the other way around.

        I also agree with you, further he can also build their trust along the way.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8093113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
    £3000 that equates to $4,500 for an 11 page mobile website in the UK! This is what several companies near me are charging :0
    Signature

    We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8077655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aweinerws
    The more app you install, the cost of developing a mobile website will increase. There are many mobile website development companies which provide services in mobile app development. Contact some of them and ask for quotes to see which one can meet your needs and do the task within your budget.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8081032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mmiys
    Well I think I have been selling these far too low..I'm getting a recurring $120/yr and they take only 5 minutes to make...I found it tough to even get that...maybe I didn't ask enough and no one saw the value?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8090973].message }}

Trending Topics