Crop Circles - Who Is Creating Them?

61 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |

Besides the rare hoaxer creating them, where are they coming from and who is creating these crop circles?

Maybe my next movie will be: Indiana Jones and the Mysterious Crop Circles

  • Profile picture of the author WalkingCarpet
    Banned
    Indiana Jones.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      The skeptics will say a couple of scientists with planks and powerful torches or night vision goggles!

      Although this explanation won't cover then all, and certainly doesn't account for radiation in the area!

      Not even the electromagnetic vortices that randomly crop up could explain code found within some!

      Some say that it is powerful, thinking computers deep inside Mars, that are controlling drone vehicles that create these circles. Which are then controlled by a central gov, on Mars as well?

      Hmmm, sounds good, but l will go with UFO's doing some!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9778557].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
        Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

        Some say that it is powerful, thinking computers deep inside Mars, that are controlling drone vehicles that create these circles. Which are then controlled by a central gov, on Mars as well?
        Be honest, Shane. When you say "Some say", you mean "Shane says".

        My big mystery is "Where do babies come from?"

        It could be a stork. It could be UPS. Some say that babies are cloned from DNA samples take when the parents are asleep. And the robot that takes the samples tracks the couple by the scent of pheromones, released after they have sex. The procedure is harder on the female, and causes her stomach to swell. And the doctors that deliver the babies are all androids working in tandem with the aliens.

        I think I'm going to start a website, expanding on my theory.
        Signature
        One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

        Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779100].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

        The skeptics will say a couple of hoaxers with planks and powerful torches or night vision goggles!
        "Fixed that for ya'."

        Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

        Pretty obvious that some are genuine!
        I think they're all "genuine": nobody's suggesting that all the people seeing them are hallucinating, surely?

        Their "genuineness" isn't in dispute at all, as far as I'm aware?

        .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9780666].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          I think they're all "genuine": nobody's suggesting that the people seeing them are hallucinating, surely?

          Their "genuineness" isn't in dispute at all, as far as I'm aware?

          "Fixed that for ya'."

          .
          True, they are what they are, a small percentage are done by hoaxers, some possibly by mother nature, but others, can't be put in those categories.

          Like most things of this nature, a small percentage are so hard to dismiss as non - -terrestrial, that it boggles the imagination as to why some will train-wreck a thread or take offense to this?

          If we can land a man on the moon, and probably warp space time to travel to a distant planet, in an instant by 3000, then discussions like this shouldn't be so one sided!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9780708].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
            Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

            Like most things of this nature, a small percentage are so hard to dismiss as non - -terrestrial, that it boggles the imagination as to why some will train-wreck a thread or take offense to this?
            Shane; Nobody is taking offense. The thread is train wrecked because the explanation is that they are easily created by people. Human people. Even the most complicated designs can be complete by 5 people, with a plan, in a few hours.

            Frank is right. There was a NOVA special that showed how to create very massive and complex designs very quickly. And they created the designs in corn fields, over and over again.

            Haven't you ever wondered why it's always corn fields? Because corn stalks are easy to bend so they stay bent. And why are the stalks always bent in the same direction? because bending them in haphazard directions wouldn't create the designs, and would take more time.

            Can't UFOs land in soy beans? wheat fields? pumpkin patches?

            These aren't even really hoaxes. It's just a fun thing to do, and a few people want to believe they are magic. Just like there are still people (although not many) who still believe that professional wrestling is a real contest, and not a soap opera. Or a few people who still believe in the Loch Ness Monster, or Big foot. Even after the hoaxers came forward, and Pro Wrestlers have written books about the reality of the shows.
            Signature
            One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

            Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781299].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
              Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

              Just like there are still people (although not many) who still believe that professional wrestling is a real contest, and not a soap opera.

              Wait, what??? It's not real?

              I'm...I'm... stunned.

              Signature

              Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781308].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

              These aren't even really hoaxes. It's just a fun thing to do, and a few people want to believe they are magic. Just like there are still people (although not many) who still believe that professional wrestling is a real contest, and not a soap opera. Or a few people who still believe in the Loch Ness Monster, or Big foot. Even after the hoaxers came forward, and Pro Wrestlers have written books about the reality of the shows.
              We're back to the poxy Bosnian pyramids, here: there are always a few people whose beliefs in these things are actually strengthened by the revelation that they were only a hoax, all the time.

              You can hit people over the head with Michael Shermer's books (and plenty of others), but you can't force anyone to read them.

              Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

              Can't UFOs land in soy beans? wheat fields? pumpkin patches?
              They can land in my little backyard, but it's mostly just decking over concrete, so they don't leave any marks there. I know who they are, though. But once I've identified them, of course, they're not "unidentified" any more. It's quite frustrating.


              .
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781402].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                There have been reports of crop circles, mainly just simple single circles going back to the 15 century and possibly further back than that. Like fairy rings (small little circles in grass formed by natural phenomena) It is most likely some natural processes that formed them or even they, were the work of pranksters.

                The sophisticated ones you see now are all the work of artists, enthusiasts of pranksters. It's a worthless, blind alley for psychic or UFO investigation.

                If any self respecting alien wanted to prove their existence in this convoluted, teasing way then they should at least spell out the answer to some as yet, unsolved, mathematical equation or something. Something useful.
                Signature

                Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781422].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

                  There have been reports of crop circles, mainly just simple single circles going back to the 15 century and possibly further back
                  Assume nothing. They had night-vision goggles then, as well. It's a well-known fact. They got the technology off earlier alien visitors (to Bosnia).

                  Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

                  If any self respecting alien wanted to prove their existence in this convoluted, teasing way then they should at least spell out the answer to some as yet, unsolved, mathematical equation or something. Something useful.
                  Hmmmm, well, now you mention it, they did give Andrew Wiles the proof of Fermat's last theorem.

                  .
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781452].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Riptor
          In the past I have spoken to people who made crop circles so yes some are man made, but they also told me about weird happenings during their nocturnal activities, namely strange lights in the fields. It seems that when the genuine circles occur military helicopters get involved and try to distract people away from the area, this has been reported many times. Light Orbs or balls of light over fields have also been reported on numerous occasions. In the following video look carefully at around 3.35 and at 4.20, you will see a glimpse of them.


          Light Orbs have also been spotted in the air many times, this one was chased by a police helicopter in the south of England.
          (Cue x files theme and the little green men statement..,. yawn)

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9780943].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Aliens. Notice they have never once managed to communicate in anything remotely resembling a clear, coherent manner.

          So the only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn is that these alien pranksters are the cosmic equivalent of drunken frat boys.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9780986].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          No great mystery. No one saw the show a couple of years back that actually showed the hoaxers going out in the middle of the night and creating elaborate crop circles?

          It was on either Nova or Nature on PBS.

          Cheers. - Frank
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781019].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
            Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

            No great mystery. No one saw the show a couple of years back that actually showed the hoaxers going out in the middle of the night and creating elaborate crop circles?

            It was on either Nova or Nature on PBS.

            Cheers. - Frank
            Frank; Your completely reasonable explanation has no place here.
            Signature
            One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

            Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781282].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

              Frank; Your completely reasonable explanation has no place here.
              Nor does my existence, in general. :-)

              Cheers. - Frank
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781300].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author LarryC
            Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

            No great mystery. No one saw the show a couple of years back that actually showed the hoaxers going out in the middle of the night and creating elaborate crop circles?

            It was on either Nova or Nature on PBS.

            Cheers. - Frank
            It's faulty logic to conclude that just because it's possible to fake something that therefore all instances are hoaxes.
            Signature
            Content Writing, Ghostwriting, eBooks, editing, research.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781503].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author ThomM
              Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

              It's faulty logic to conclude that just because it's possible to fake something that therefore all instances are hoaxes.
              Not if a TV show tells you they're all hoaxes
              Signature

              Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
              Getting old ain't for sissy's
              As you are I was, as I am you will be
              You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781522].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
                Originally Posted by myob View Post

                Aliens. Notice they have never once managed to communicate in anything remotely resembling a clear, coherent manner.

                So the only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn is that these alien pranksters are the cosmic equivalent of drunken frat boys.
                Not if they made a deal with the US gov, to butt out of our affairs!

                It is a bit like a kid that plays with fire, a parent will have to intervene when it looks like the kid is about to burn himself, but will stay clear, and warn everyone else that if this kid sets himself on fire, you won't go up in smoke with him!

                Or the US gov, is saying, we want power and control, so don't land in a US park, and share free energy or antigravity with the masses, we want to control and s*** everyone, and keep feeding them oil based energy systems instead!


                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                Shane; Nobody is taking offense. The thread is train wrecked because the explanation is that they are easily created by people. Human people. Even the most complicated designs can be complete by 5 people, with a plan, in a few hours.

                Frank is right. There was a NOVA special that showed how to create very massive and complex designs very quickly. And they created the designs in corn fields, over and over again.

                Haven't you ever wondered why it's always corn fields? Because corn stalks are easy to bend so they stay bent. And why are the stalks always bent in the same direction? because bending them in haphazard directions wouldn't create the designs, and would take more time.

                Can't UFOs land in soy beans? wheat fields? pumpkin patches?

                These aren't even really hoaxes. It's just a fun thing to do, and a few people want to believe they are magic. Just like there are still people (although not many) who still believe that professional wrestling is a real contest, and not a soap opera. Or a few people who still believe in the Loch Ness Monster, or Big foot. Even after the hoaxers came forward, and Pro Wrestlers have written books about the reality of the shows.
                Ok, you got me there, l will change my quote and say that a small percentage could be genuine, or UFO based!



                There is still junk and probably water on Mars, so this subject needs to be open!



                And fluffy bunnies, of course! LOL!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781557].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
              Banned
              Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

              It's faulty logic to conclude that just because it's possible to fake something that therefore all instances are hoaxes.
              In my world, logic is vastly overrated. Why deal with logic when I can depend on my preconceived notions? That would be totally illogical.

              Cheers. - Frank
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781594].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Kurt
              Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

              It's faulty logic to conclude that just because it's possible to fake something that therefore all instances are hoaxes.
              It's also faulty logic to assume that if we don't know how something happens that aliens did it. And it's also not logical that even if we had proof that aliens exist that we assume they made the crop circles.
              Signature
              Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
              Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781626].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author ThomM
                Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                It's also faulty logic to assume that if we don't know how something happens that aliens did it. And it's also not logical that even if we had proof that aliens exist that we assume they made the crop circles.
                I agree with you Kurt, but sometimes you just have to say, "F it Aliens did it".
                6 Ancient Things That Were Probably Built By Aliens - Topless Robot - Unofficial Sponsor of Your Inner Childishness
                Signature

                Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
                Getting old ain't for sissy's
                As you are I was, as I am you will be
                You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781650].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author LarryC
                Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                It's also faulty logic to assume that if we don't know how something happens that aliens did it. And it's also not logical that even if we had proof that aliens exist that we assume they made the crop circles.
                Ok...I didn't actually make the claim that "aliens did it" but this is another instance where keeping an open mind is equated with making a definitive argument.
                Signature
                Content Writing, Ghostwriting, eBooks, editing, research.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783202].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Kurt
                  Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

                  Ok...I didn't actually make the claim that "aliens did it" but this is another instance where keeping an open mind is equated with making a definitive argument.
                  I didn't actually say you did, therefore this latest statement of yours is non-sequitur. I merely made two statements of logical fact. But I did have a hunch you'd tried to spin it into something else.

                  BTW, I do have an open mind which means as more evidence is presented I may update my opinion. Someone needs to prove there are aliens and that aliens make crop circles. Until then, I'll put my money on the simpliest possibility. It's been proven humans can create crop circles. Now all you have to do is prove aliens can too.
                  Signature
                  Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
                  Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783214].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author LarryC
                    Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                    I didn't actually say you did, therefore this latest statement of yours is non-sequitur. I merely made two statements of logical fact. But I did have a hunch you'd tried to spin it into something else.

                    BTW, I do have an open mind which means as more evidence is presented I may update my opinion. Someone needs to prove there are aliens and that aliens make crop circles.
                    I don't know how it qualifies as a non sequitur since you quoted me right before making this argument.

                    Anyway, it's also worth pointing out that the word "alien," like "supernatural" is really a broad term that can refer to just about anything unexplained. It doesn't have to mean little green men who land their spaceships in the middle of the night, create the crop circles and then fly away.

                    I'm open to the possibility that they are all fakes -or, if you prefer, made with human technology. I just don't see any reason to rule out all other explanations at this point.
                    Signature
                    Content Writing, Ghostwriting, eBooks, editing, research.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783228].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Kurt
                      Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

                      I don't know how it qualifies as a non sequitur since you quoted me right before making this argument.

                      Anyway, it's also worth pointing out that the word "alien," like "supernatural" is really a broad term that can refer to just about anything unexplained. It doesn't have to mean little green men who land their spaceships in the middle of the night, create the crop circles and then fly away.

                      I'm open to the possibility that they are all fakes -or, if you prefer, made with human technology. I just don't see any reason to rule out all other explanations at this point.
                      It's non sequitur because you made a conclusion based on a faulty assumption, although it did have some elements of a straw man fallacy as well, since you argued against a point I never made.

                      And while we're keeping an open mind, I like the Big Foot hypothesis better than aliens. Big Foot has big feet, and big feet would be a big advantage when trampling corn stalks.
                      Signature
                      Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
                      Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783260].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
                        Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                        It's non sequitur because you made a conclusion based on a faulty assumption, although it did have some elements of a straw man fallacy as well, since you argued against a point I never made.

                        And while we're keeping an open mind, I like the Big Foot hypothesis better than aliens. Big Foot has big feet, and big feet would be a big advantage when trampling corn stalks.
                        Personally I like the Children Of The Corn theory better. The circles are a message from He Who Walks Behind The Rows.


                        Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

                        You must be a descendant of Bragg from This Island Earth. I was sorry to see the destruction of your planet by Bill Halley and his Comets.
                        .
                        Have you seen the movie Mystery Science Theater 3000? They install comments while This Island Earth is playing. It was so funny in parts, I almost peed my pants.
                        Signature
                        One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

                        Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783281].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author LarryC
                        Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                        It's non sequitur because you made a conclusion based on a faulty assumption, although it did have some elements of a straw man fallacy as well, since you argued against a point I never made.

                        And while we're keeping an open mind, I like the Big Foot hypothesis better than aliens. Big Foot has big feet, and big feet would be a big advantage when trampling corn stalks.
                        I'm afraid I'm a compulsive offender when it comes to logical fallacies. I think I might also be guilty of ad hominem, circular reasoning and appeal to authority.

                        List of fallacies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                        Bigfoot is indeed a possibility. Bigfeet -is that the accepted plural?- could, of course be aliens as well.
                        Signature
                        Content Writing, Ghostwriting, eBooks, editing, research.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783354].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
              Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

              It's faulty logic to conclude that just because it's possible to fake something that therefore all instances are hoaxes.
              No. I hear this exact statement often. It isn't that it's possible to fake crop circles. All crop circles are done by using simple tools and an eye for design.

              They are not hoaxes. They are art, done by people who enjoy creating designs in corn fields.

              It's exactly like saying that paintings are hoaxes, because some of them are painted by humans...but many are painted by extraterrestrials. Nope. All are just paintings by humans.

              It's the entire "extraterrestrial" angle that's made up. The fascinating part to me, is that there is no reason to think these are anything but art by people.. There is no evidence...or extrapolations of logic, that points to anything else.

              But I also know, that when evidence conflicts with imagination...imagination wins. We are hard wired that way.

              I know, I know, it's arrogance to think we have all the answers. But this isn't a mystery....except in the Off Topic Forum.


              Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

              It's also faulty logic to assume that if we don't know how something happens that aliens did it. And it's also not logical that even if we had proof that aliens exist that we assume they made the crop circles.
              However, there is strong evidence that Kurt is an alien. Have any of us ever met him? I didn't think so. The plot thickens.
              Signature
              One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

              Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9782913].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                No. I hear this exact statement often. It isn't that it's possible to fake crop circles. All crop circles are done by using simple tools and an eye for design.

                They are not hoaxes. They are art, done by people who enjoy creating designs in corn fields.

                It's exactly like saying that paintings are hoaxes, because some of them are painted by humans...but many are painted by extraterrestrials. Nope. All are just paintings by humans.

                It's the entire "extraterrestrial" angle that's made up. The fascinating part to me, is that there is no reason to think these are anything but art by people.. There is no evidence...or extrapolations of logic, that points to anything else.

                But I also know, that when evidence conflicts with imagination...imagination wins. We are hard wired that way.

                I know, I know, it's arrogance to think we have all the answers. But this isn't a mystery....except in the Off Topic Forum.




                However, there is strong evidence that Kurt is an alien. Have any of us ever met him? I didn't think so. The plot thickens.
                The name Kurt is actually a Germanic rendering of the name Gort. And as we all know, a simple glance at the galactic map places aliens of that name as coming from the planet, Myson 4 in the Thiroid system.

                A very advanced race with extra wide heads which harbor brains the size of our dolphins, these aliens purged themselves of emotion and are dedicated to pure science and sarcasm.

                Their covert activities on the earth have been known since the days of Eisenhower's presidency.

                Their home planet is very dusty and they are used to breathing it in and over time developed gills to process it, they actually eat it and it provides their staple diet.

                That's probably why Claude is targeted the most by the one frequenting this forum. They have no notion or comprehension of Vacuum cleaners but do see them as a threat if we were ever to invade their planet. Hence the hostility.
                Signature

                Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783212].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
                  Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

                  The name Kurt is actually a Germanic rendering of the name Gort. And as we all know, a simple glance at the galactic map places aliens of that name as coming from the planet, Myson 4 in the Thiroid system.

                  A very advanced race with extra wide heads which harbor brains the size of our dolphins, these aliens purged themselves of emotion and are dedicated to pure science and sarcasm.
                  Everything you said in your post is true. You know too much. Your days are numbered.

                  By the way, want to prove that Kurt is an alien? Say the words, "Gort klaatu barada nikto" and see how he reacts.


                  Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

                  Back in my Dombom days we had a couple of meets in Las Vegas. Another theory shot down due to facts.
                  Are you saying that I've met you?
                  Signature
                  One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

                  Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783242].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                    Everything you said in your post is true. You know too much. Your days are numbered.

                    By the way, want to prove that Kurt is an alien? Say the words, "Gort klaatu barada nikto" and see how he reacts.




                    Are you saying that I've met you?
                    You must be a descendant of Bragg from This Island Earth. I was sorry to see the destruction of your planet by Bill Halley and his Comets.

                    You obviously studied his native language by repeatedly viewing the government covert movie, The Day The Earth Stood Still.
                    Signature

                    Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783272].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kurt
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post


                However, there is strong evidence that Kurt is an alien. Have any of us ever met him? I didn't think so. The plot thickens.
                Back in my Dombom days we had a couple of meets in Las Vegas. Another theory shot down due to facts.
                Signature
                Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
                Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    >Crop Circles - Who Is Creating Them?

    Amish farmers with vacuum cleaners.
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779103].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

      >Crop Circles - Who Is Creating Them?

      Amish farmers with vacuum cleaners.

      I hate you.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779128].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Be honest, Shane. When you say "Some say", you mean "Shane says".

        My big mystery is "Where do babies come from?"

        It could be a stork. It could be UPS. Some say that babies are cloned from DNA samples take when the parents are asleep. And the robot that takes the samples tracks the couple by the scent of pheromones, released after they have sex. The procedure is harder on the female, and causes her stomach to swell. And the doctors that deliver the babies are all androids working in tandem with the aliens.

        I think I'm going to start a website, expanding on my theory.
        Noooo, l read about it on the internet, so it must be true!


        Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

        >Crop Circles - Who Is Creating Them?

        Amish farmers with vacuum cleaners.
        Armish farmers don't have vacumn cleaners, it is considered evil, since it has an electric motor, and you know what they say about electric motors!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Well, of course, it's Aliens. We don't get the circles in the US because the aliens refuse to land in GMO fields.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9779706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arnaudSP
    Leprechauns in the middle of the night
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9780418].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9780434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
    Must have been Bigfoot. Heard somewhere he can fly 2 Just kidding but it does make you wonder how some of them are made so perfectly, if they weren't done by UFO's.
    Signature

    HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
    http://needbucksnow.com/
    JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
    http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
    Banned
    Did anyone see these MIT students trying to create "legit" crop circles on the Discovery Science channel? It was a fairly interesting episode, it's too bad this copy is low resolution.


    They were trying to quickly create circles at night with certain characteristics...it proved to be a relatively tough task for them.

    1) Elongated apical plant stem nodes (the first node beneath the seed-head)

    2) Expulsion cavities in the plant stems (holes blown out at the nodes)

    3) The presence of 10-50 micron diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly
    Nancy Talbott, the president of the BLT Research Team Inc. was not super impressed...

    Discovery Channel fakes crop circles evidence

    Cheers

    -don
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9781666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    I give some leeway for some stuff to be true. Nessie? Could be. She seems to have the shape of some ancient sea creatures and the area they are seen in are relatively deep channels. It's more than possible that something survived extinction in a remote location - or just a new species evolved. I don't find that strange at all - we find new species every day and deep water exploration is turning up some pretty phenomenal creatures - every once in a while we find something we thought was extinct.

    Crop circles, though? I don't know much about them, but seems to me that if humans can make the Nazca lines, that a few mathematically inclined pranksters/artists could do the same thing. I've seen these people do phenomenal things in snow and sand - and they do it even knowing it will be blown or melted away. I'd have to see some startling stuff to even assume it was other than human on this one.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ForumGuru
      Banned
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post


      Crop circles, though? I don't know much about them, but seems to me that if humans can make the Nazca lines, that a few mathematically inclined pranksters/artists could do the same thing. I've seen these people do phenomenal things in snow and sand - and they do it even knowing it will be blown or melted away. I'd have to see some startling stuff to even assume it was other than human on this one.
      Supposedly art and mathematics may not be the only distinctive characteristics of some of the patterns. Some of the so-called crop circles seem to have shown some anomalous data.

      1) Elongated apical plant stem nodes (the first node beneath the seed-head)

      2) Expulsion cavities in the plant stems (holes blown out at the nodes)

      3) The presence of 10-50 micron diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly

      Above I had posted this Discovery Channel episode that documented several MIT students trying to produce a relatively simple crop circle in a timely fashion, at night, with the above characteristics and they did not have such an easy time of it.

      At about the 10 minute mark is where the MIT students are contacted and eventually they craft some devices and then they head out to a field to try to create crop circles that replicate those anomalies.


      Cheers

      -don
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783403].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HeySal
        Originally Posted by ForumGuru View Post

        Supposedly art and mathematics may not be the only distinctive characteristics of some of the patterns. Some of the so-called crop circles seem to have shown some anomalous data.

        1) Elongated apical plant stem nodes (the first node beneath the seed-head)

        2) Expulsion cavities in the plant stems (holes blown out at the nodes)

        3) The presence of 10-50 micron diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly

        Above I had posted this Discovery Channel episode that documented several MIT students trying to produce a relatively simple crop circle in a timely fashion, at night, with the above characteristics and they did not have such an easy time of it.

        At about the 10 minute mark is where the MIT students are contacted and eventually they craft some devices and then they head out to a field to try to create crop circles that replicate those anomalies.

        Crop Circles - Mysteries in the Fields - YouTube

        Cheers

        -don

        Wow. Didn't realize that. I always thought it was a lot of to-do over nothing.

        I would presume that if it's something besides someone with the mind and equip to prank ........then we'd have to figure out the point of what is being done to figure out who might be doing it.

        If this is something that can't be accomplished by pranksters - whatever would be the point? Seriously. I'm not against the thought of alien visitation - but seriously, what would be the point of someone from remote locations (which time wouldn't matter to at all with the ability of such travel), artistically decorating our fields? If there's hidden messages in the math of the artwork, why would they pick fields to deliver a msg? By this time they'd have to realize they were doing not much but causing controversy and that their communication is lost on us.

        Some time when I actually have time to check into it, I might just see what scientists have to say about the matter. It's interesting no matter what the story behind it turns out to be.
        Signature

        Sal
        When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
        Beyond the Path

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9786025].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

          but seriously, what would be the point of someone from remote locations (which time wouldn't matter to at all with the ability of such travel), artistically decorating our fields?
          Seriously? It's called, 'being punked by aliens.'

          Cheers. - Frank
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9786028].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author HeySal
            Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

            Seriously? It's called, 'being punked by aliens.'

            Cheers. - Frank
            Well, I hope they don't get internet. How embarrassing.
            Signature

            Sal
            When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
            Beyond the Path

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9786050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author peterj
    After much digging by my team of psychotic investigators it has been concluded that the crop circles were created by Mr Claude getting very creative with his Ba Gua circle walking exercises. (if your not familiar with Ba Gua circle walking, watch )

    So Shane I'm afraid to say you were right, it is aliens creating the crop circles. More precisely an alien masquerading as Zhongli Quan, one of the 8 Daoist immortals who is in turn masquerading as Claude Whitacre for the sake of this lifetime.

    I mean come on, it's been staring us in the face all along. Claude, the arch sceptic. Poo Pooing any notions of out of the ordinariness, throwing everyone off the scent (with the poo poo) whilst practising Ba Gua one of the 3 main internal martial arts steeped in ancient Daoist magic and mysticism.

    Ha! Good one Claude.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9783988].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by peterj View Post

      After much digging by my team of psychotic investigators it has been concluded that the crop circles were created by Mr Claude getting very creative with his Ba Gua circle walking exercises. (if your not familiar with Ba Gua circle walking, watch

      So Shane I'm afraid to say you were right, it is aliens creating the crop circles. More precisely an alien masquerading as Zhongli Quan, one of the 8 Daoist immortals who is in turn masquerading as Claude Whitacre for the sake of this lifetime.

      I mean come on, it's been staring us in the face all along. Claude, the arch sceptic. Poo Pooing any notions of out of the ordinariness, throwing everyone off the scent (with the poo poo) whilst practising Ba Gua one of the 3 main internal martial arts steeped in ancient Daoist magic and mysticism.

      Ha! Good one Claude.
      Peter;

      1) I'm impressed with the Ba Gua circle walking's similarity to crop circles. I can't believe it didn't occur to me before.
      2) Believe me when I say...80-90% of what is learned in internal martial arts is a mix of superstition and Chinese traditions. You have to sort through a lot of nothing, to get to the meat.
      3) The walking? It looks silly, but there is no better way to give you a stable sense of balance and an awareness of your center of gravity, than walking in a circle as the video shows. Although this was a beginner sequence. What I practice is far more intricate. But then, I've been doing it most of my adult life.
      4) Literally every Youtube video showing "internal power" is a trick of leverage or an out and out fraud. A medicine show for the slow thinking.

      5) My wife is completely disinterested in my Ba Gua practice. To her, I look like an idiot waving my arms around...while walking in circles.

      One day, she asked "What are those gyrations supposed to be? They don't look like fighting to me"
      I said "Mostly neck breaks, striking the neck, spinning an opponent's body in one directing, and spinning the head in the opposite direction. Throwing them, while breaking the neck".
      She just said "And when would you ever need to do that?" (Like she was talking to a child)
      I said "Almost certainly never. "

      When I think about it, it really is a strange thing to be interested in.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784137].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Peter;

        1) I'm impressed with the Ba Gua circle walking's similarity to crop circles. I can't believe it didn't occur to me before.
        2) Believe me when I say...80-90% of what is learned in internal martial arts is a mix of superstition and Chinese traditions. You have to sort through a lot of nothing, to get to the meat.
        3) The walking? It looks silly, but there is no better way to give you a stable sense of balance and an awareness of your center of gravity, than walking in a circle as the video shows. Although this was a beginner sequence. What I practice is far more intricate. But then, I've been doing it most of my adult life.
        4) Literally every Youtube video showing "internal power" is a trick of leverage or an out and out fraud. A medicine show for the slow thinking.

        5) My wife is completely disinterested in my Ba Gua practice. To her, I look like an idiot waving my arms around...while walking in circles.

        One day, she asked "What are those gyrations supposed to be? They don't look like fighting to me"
        I said "Mostly neck breaks, striking the neck, spinning an opponent's body in one directing, and spinning the head in the opposite direction. Throwing them, while breaking the neck".
        She just said "And when would you ever need to do that?" (Like she was talking to a child)
        I said "Almost certainly never. "

        When I think about it, it really is a strange thing to be interested in.
        The next time your wife says "Cut that out you silly old Bagua", remind her that walking around in circles demonstrating a vacuum cleaner in an animated way in your store is common business practice, gets sales and puts food on the table.

        Women, just no appreciation.

        Mind you, it is better to twist customers arms than their heads.
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784248].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author peterj
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Peter;

        1) I'm impressed with the Ba Gua circle walking's similarity to crop circles. I can't believe it didn't occur to me before.
        2) Believe me when I say...80-90% of what is learned in internal martial arts is a mix of superstition and Chinese traditions. You have to sort through a lot of nothing, to get to the meat.
        3) The walking? It looks silly, but there is no better way to give you a stable sense of balance and an awareness of your center of gravity, than walking in a circle as the video shows. Although this was a beginner sequence. What I practice is far more intricate. But then, I've been doing it most of my adult life.
        4) Literally every Youtube video showing "internal power" is a trick of leverage or an out and out fraud. A medicine show for the slow thinking.

        5) My wife is completely disinterested in my Ba Gua practice. To her, I look like an idiot waving my arms around...while walking in circles.

        One day, she asked "What are those gyrations supposed to be? They don't look like fighting to me"
        I said "Mostly neck breaks, striking the neck, spinning an opponent's body in one directing, and spinning the head in the opposite direction. Throwing them, while breaking the neck".
        She just said "And when would you ever need to do that?" (Like she was talking to a child)
        I said "Almost certainly never. "

        When I think about it, it really is a strange thing to be interested in.
        Yeah Claude, I couldn't agree with you more (ok, maybe if I tried real hard) about the crap surrounding the internal arts.

        For me it's Tai Chi or the principles behind Tai Chi. Both arts are are founded on the same principles just have different forms of expression.

        When I think about it, it really is a strange thing to be interested in.
        I agree. You do that out in public, you're gonna get tasered and carted off for sure.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9785365].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        2) Believe me when I say...80-90% of what is learned in internal martial arts is a mix of superstition and Chinese traditions. You have to sort through a lot of nothing, to get to the meat.
        Ah, Zen humor...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9785512].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post

          Ah, Zen humor...
          HA! I had to read the bolded part of my post several times to "get" your remark.

          Good eye. I wish I could say it's what I was going for.
          Signature
          One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

          Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9785565].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kurt
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Peter;

        1) I'm impressed with the Ba Gua circle walking's similarity to crop circles. I can't believe it didn't occur to me before.
        2) Believe me when I say...80-90% of what is learned in internal martial arts is a mix of superstition and Chinese traditions. You have to sort through a lot of nothing, to get to the meat.
        3) The walking? It looks silly, but there is no better way to give you a stable sense of balance and an awareness of your center of gravity, than walking in a circle as the video shows. Although this was a beginner sequence. What I practice is far more intricate. But then, I've been doing it most of my adult life.
        4) Literally every Youtube video showing "internal power" is a trick of leverage or an out and out fraud. A medicine show for the slow thinking.

        5) My wife is completely disinterested in my Ba Gua practice. To her, I look like an idiot waving my arms around...while walking in circles.

        One day, she asked "What are those gyrations supposed to be? They don't look like fighting to me"
        I said "Mostly neck breaks, striking the neck, spinning an opponent's body in one directing, and spinning the head in the opposite direction. Throwing them, while breaking the neck".
        She just said "And when would you ever need to do that?" (Like she was talking to a child)
        I said "Almost certainly never. "

        When I think about it, it really is a strange thing to be interested in.
        Don't worry. To the rest of us you don't need to wave your arms around or walk in circles to look like an idiot.

        BTW, isn't Ba Gua hard to do with your walker?
        Signature
        Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
        Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9792928].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

          Don't worry. To the rest of us you don't need to wave your arms around or walk in circles to look like an idiot.
          Dear Kurt;

          I already know that you guys know I'm an idiot. I wave my arms around and walk in a circle, so the rest of the world knows I'm an idiot.

          I feel it's my responsibility to remove all doubt.
          Signature
          One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

          Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9793185].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by peterj View Post

      After much digging by my team of psychotic investigators it has been concluded that the crop circles were created by Mr Claude getting very creative with his Ba Gua circle walking exercises. (if your not familiar with Ba Gua circle walking, watch Baguazhang Jiulong: Basic Circle Walking Turns - YouTube)
      This man seriously needs to get a life!

      Although l see kids trying to walk against the escalators at shopping centres, so!

      But they are practicing the ancient art of Ga Ga walking against shopping centre escalators and looking like a twat!

      So Shane I'm afraid to say you were right, it is aliens creating the crop circles. More precisely an alien masquerading as Zhongli Quan, one of the 8 Daoist immortals who is in turn masquerading as Claude Whitacre for the sake of this lifetime.

      I mean come on, it's been staring us in the face all along. Claude, the arch sceptic. Poo Pooing any notions of out of the ordinariness, throwing everyone off the scent (with the poo poo) whilst practising Ba Gua one of the 3 main internal martial arts steeped in ancient Daoist magic and mysticism.

      Ha! Good one Claude.
      You sure about that! I could have swarn that it was an alien, from the fifth dimension, (which must exist since it was on Lost in Space) masquerading as Ga Ga Bla Bla, the 9 Daoist Immortal, who in turn was masquerading as Claude Whitacre for the sake of a few laughs?

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784140].message }}
  • I dont think there is any explanation of any such activities such as crop circles or accidentsat bermuda triangle, there are many mysteries and scientists are doing research.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9784231].message }}

Trending Topics