Woman slashes to death two Pit Bulls. What would you do ?

31 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Yeah, did these pits have it coming to them or could it have been avoided ?
I say the victim ( the woman defending herself) was a bad arse

  • Profile picture of the author Joe Mobley
    Hah! I like it!


    Joe Mobley
    Signature

    .

    Follow Me on Twitter: @daVinciJoe
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047367].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    This is sad, but self defense is self defense no matter what you're saving yourself from. Too bad she stopped before she put the owner down, too, though.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    I would tell the woman she's not 16 anymore. Hopefully the dogs died quickly.

    And since when can you walk around with a 12" knife on you?

    Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

    This is sad, but self defense is self defense no matter what you're saving yourself from. Too bad she stopped before she put the owner down, too, though.
    Wai, whu? What about the owners of the Jack Russells, Shit-Zus and other small dogs that have zero qualms about biting you? ---- ZERO They're encouraged to do it because "it's cute, it doesn't hurt". Send this lady to put those owners down, too?

    Jack Russels are more vicious than pitbulls -- when it comes to chasing down an animal and killing them. And more possessive of their owners. You'll get bit going near them.

    The lady admitted the dogs accidentally got out. I'm a pitbull owner so I already know how it went down.

    Her 1-year old PUPPIES got out of the garage. Pitbulls are normally intense animals, but are loving from the onset, especially 1 year old PUPPIES.

    They got out, ran up to the other dogs and this crazy 12" knife wielding woman looking for something to kill, and started sniffing each others asses.

    This crazy intense lady upped the amount of energy, tried pulling her dogs back, and probably tried physically forcing the pitbulls away from her -- instantly acting aggressive in their mind.

    When she acted aggressive, and pulled her dogs back -- probably while yelling and wielding a knife -- the puppies got defensive and attacked / defended themselves (they shouldn't have been there, so be it).

    This psychopath, remember -- carrying a 12" knife around a neighborhood wtf??? --- started slashing and stabbing until the dogs were dead.

    Her dogs? 1 puncture wound. That's not exactly a vicious attack, especially when you're dealing with 2 pitbulls.

    If those pitbulls were attacking, her mutts would have been dead before she could have killed them with her knife. They were trying to play, the same way they do with each other -- rough as hell -- and the psycho got scared, upped the energy level, then a fight broke out and she went to town.

    I think she should be brought up on charges for walking around with a damn 12" knife. You're leaving the house with a weapon like that for one reason -- to kill something.

    And trying to be 16. Seriously, my 13 year old cousin has that outfit and looks like she's too old to wear it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047722].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post




      Wai, whu? What about the owners of the Jack Russells, Shit-Zus and other small dogs that have zero qualms about biting you? ---- ZERO They're encouraged to do it because "it's cute, it doesn't hurt". Send this lady to put those owners down, too?

      Jack Russels are more vicious than pitbulls -- when it comes to chasing down an animal and killing them. And more possessive of their owners. You'll get bit going near them.
      Gimme a break !! Lets look at stats, please !
      How many human and dog related deaths can be contributed to little shitzus in the last 5 years in US ?

      Lets take it one step forward. Everyone is talking about with Pit bulls , that it is the owners that make Pit Bulls deadly.Bad owners etc..etc..
      Well, Iam sure there have been MANY terribly bad owners of border collies, golden retrievers, cocker spaniels etc..etc.. and how many deaths ( human, other dogs) have they caused related to Pits ??

      The fact of the matter is Pit Bulls by nature are aggressive. There is just no getting around it. You can try to argue this and that but you know the truth.

      You can have the nicest , family pit bull and when another dog comes around it will go for its juggler.And try to destroy it. I witnessed this first hand. My good friend had the most loving pit bull named log-dog. A small poodle one day was on the street and it just lunged unexpectedly and took the dog down in a few seocnds it was dead. He snapped its neck !

      Iam not saying all family pit bulls are like this but a large amount of them are.

      Thats fact !!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047750].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        Gimme a break !! Lets look at stats, please !
        How many human and dog related deaths can be contributed to little shitzus in the last 5 years in US ?

        Lets take it one step forward. Everyone is talking about with Pit bulls , that it is the owners that make Pit Bulss deadly.Bad owners etc..etc..
        Well, Iam sure there have been MANY terribly bad owners of border collies, golden retrievers, cocker spaniels etc..etc.. and how many deaths have they caused ??

        The fact of the matter is Pit Bulls by nature are aggressive. There is just no getting around it. You can try to argue this and that but you know the truth.

        You can have the nicest , family pit bull and when another dog comes around it will go fir its juggler.And try to destroy it.

        Iam not saying all family pit bulls by a large amount of them.

        Thats fact !!
        lol.... It's physically impossible for chihuahua, border collie or cocker spaniel to kill someone, they're just not big or strong enough and they get scared when they get hurt, tuck tail, and run while they're looking backwards.

        There's no denying the fact a pitbull can -- and does. It's what they were bred over generations to do -- be fearless, feel no pain, and not think about putting themselves in harms way to please their master. A real dog.

        To argue little dogs haven't caused any deaths is just dumb. Turn that Jack Russell or chihuahua into a 100lb animal and you'll have more deaths.

        I've got a "nicest family pitbull" that rolls over and submits when she runs up to other people. I could make her kill in an instant if I asked her to. I have control over her.

        Show me someone with that kind of control over a Jack or chihuahua?

        These dogs may have attacked, but like I said above, chances are that this lady left the house looking for something to kill and happened to find these pups -- and then caused her dog to receive a puncture wound. She doesn't exactly come off as the rational type.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047769].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author discrat
          Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post


          To argue little dogs haven't caused any deaths is just dumb.

          I.
          Show me where little dogs have caused deaths. How is that dumb. Its just fact
          . What part of that rationalization do you have a problem with !!

          Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post


          Turn that Jack Russell or chihuahua into a 100lb animal and you'll have more deaths.
          But their NOT 100lbs. Geesh what kind of nonsensical argument is this
          Please just go back down to your Mommy's basement and get ready for school

          Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

          lol.... It's physically impossible for chihuahua, border collie or cocker spaniel to kill someone, they're just not big or strong enough and they get scared when they get hurt, tuck tail, and run while they're looking backwards.

          .
          Not sh@t ! Thats my whole point

          Seems to me your letting your love of this dog dilute your .rationalization

          My whole point is that Pit Bulls are by nature BIG, bad , and naturally aggressive. Whereas these other dogs are not.

          Thats why people need to really sit down and think about whether it is worth the risk to own one
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047799].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      This psychopath, remember -- carrying a 12" knife around a neighborhood wtf??? --- started slashing and stabbing until the dogs were dead.
      Funny, the women having the dogs in the first place and taking the chance that they could and possibly get out attack human beings and possible young children seems like the Psychopath

      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      Her dogs? 1 puncture wound. That's not exactly a vicious attack, especially when you're dealing with 2 pitbulls.
      Typical Pit bull owner response. "Oh its just one puncture wound, big deal". What drugs are you taking to sit there and minimize a dog inflicted wound. Like I said typical response from a Pit Bull lover who is always wanting to make excuses for their beloved pet.




      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      I think she should be brought up on charges for walking around with a damn 12" knife. You're leaving the house with a weapon like that for one reason -- to kill something.
      I tell you this right now if your Pit Bull comes after me I will not hesitate to break its neck and then some. I can promise you that !!
      If your dog comes at anybody they have EVERY right to destroy your dog No questions asked.
      That is the risk you take when you decide your family just has to have a Pit


      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      And trying to be 16. Seriously, my 13 year old cousin has that outfit and looks like she's too old to wear it.
      Oh okay this explains a lot about your mentality.
      Okay this all makes sense now. Gotcha
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047794].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        Funny, the women having the dogs in the first place and taking the chance that they could and possibly get out attack human beings and possible young children seems like the Psychopath

        Typical Pit bull owner response. "Oh its just one puncture wound, big deal". What drugs are you taking to sit there and minimize a dog inflicted wound. Like I said typical response from a Pit Bull lover who is always wanting to make excuses for their beloved pet

        I tell you this right now if your Pit Bull comes after me I will not hesitate to break its neck and then some. I can promise you that !!
        If your dog comes at anybody they have EVERY right to destroy your dog No questions asked.
        That is the risk you take when you decide your family just has to have a Pit

        Oh okay this explains a lot about your mentality.
        Okay this all makes sense now. Gotcha
        Read what I quoted about putting animal owners down. Then read it again. Then you may proceed.

        ONE puncture, in the amount of time it took her to kill those 2 dogs. They didn't just die from the first wound. I didn't minimize it, I said they got ONE bite in, while she got dozens of stabs in. It wasn't a vicious attack. Turn on your reading comp y0

        A vicious attack from 2 pitbulls would mean one of her, if not both, dogs are severely mangled or dead.

        Remember, pitbulls are vicious? Actually, here. This is what a pitbull "attack" looks like: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-q...l-attack-1.jpg



        There are NO deaths from Shit-zus and other small aggressive breeds because they can't kill. Should you take a knife at them, though? It's a vicious dog, being aggressive. And the owners encourage it most times.

        So, yeah, wtf is your point dude? You've actually confused me with this. Well played, troll.

        Was that your point to begin with?

        Re-read what I've written. Tone down your own emotions, and come back try again.

        Please just go back down to your Mommy's basement and get ready for school
        lol

        Oh yeah, you know why the lady that owned the dogs seemed like a psycho? She was reenacting the other woman's actions as she was slaying the mutts.

        And if you did manage to get your hands on my dog (lawl....) I'd want to see you try to snap her neck. You're special.

        I still want to know why the lady is wielding a 12" knife and have it given back to her after this. Sad part, she can probably sue the pitbull owner because of it. ;/

        I don't agree with the dogs being out, and like I said, I know they can be aggressive. I also know from looking at the photos, seeing dog fights, dog attacks, and dealing with both pits and other aggressive breeds, this didn't go down like she said. Those dogs weren't "viciously" attacking her, and it took her a long time to kill them both.

        They play with each other rough as hell on a daily basis, probably went to do the same and the lady got scared seeing two pits run at her. Understandable.

        When she got tense and amped up, she probably pulled her dogs back and they growled in self defense. That's a trigger mechanism for any dog, and she started the fight. Then went to town on the two pits.

        One of the dogs may have gotten some nips in on her mutt while she was killing the first, but it wasn't like she said.

        And she's still allowed to leave the house with a 12" knife. Again, I'm failing to see any legit reason to need to leave the house with a weapon like that unless you intend to kill something.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047823].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author discrat
          Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

          There are NO deaths from Shit-zus and other small aggressive breeds because they can't kill. Should you take a knife at them, though? It's a vicious dog, being aggressive. And the owners encourage it most times.
          No you should not take a knife to those dogs because they cannot kill you. Whereas a Pit Bull can. If you can't understand that then to put it simpler to you if a 4 year old child starts to attack me and is vicious should I shoot him ? Of course not. Whereas if a 300 lb grown man viciously attacks me do I have a right to shoot him. Of course to defend my Life I can.

          Can you make sense of it now ?


          Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

          There are NO deaths from Shit-zus and other small aggressive breeds because they can't kill.
          So, yeah, wtf is your point dude? You've actually confused me with this. Well played, troll.

          Was that your point to begin with?

          Re-read what I've written. Tone down your own emotions, and come back try again.
          Really ? You can't figure it out ? Can you not read what I just wrote? Okay let me repeat it again. We need to take a hard look at this breed because it CAN kill. And it has killed. And it does KILL. The other breeds I mention do not kill and can't kill. Just as you said.

          What part of that do you not understand ?

          So Iam saying people should reconsider owning one because of this ability that they CAN kill.

          clear now ?

          Been here since 2008 and first time called a Troll
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HeySal
      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      I would tell the woman she's not 16 anymore. Hopefully the dogs died quickly.

      And since when can you walk around with a 12" knife on you?



      Wai, whu? What about the owners of the Jack Russells, Shit-Zus and other small dogs that have zero qualms about biting you? ---- ZERO They're encouraged to do it because "it's cute, it doesn't hurt". Send this lady to put those owners down, too?

      Jack Russels are more vicious than pitbulls -- when it comes to chasing down an animal and killing them. And more possessive of their owners. You'll get bit going near them.

      The lady admitted the dogs accidentally got out. I'm a pitbull owner so I already know how it went down.

      Her 1-year old PUPPIES got out of the garage. Pitbulls are normally intense animals, but are loving from the onset, especially 1 year old PUPPIES.

      They got out, ran up to the other dogs and this crazy 12" knife wielding woman looking for something to kill, and started sniffing each others asses.

      This crazy intense lady upped the amount of energy, tried pulling her dogs back, and probably tried physically forcing the pitbulls away from her -- instantly acting aggressive in their mind.

      When she acted aggressive, and pulled her dogs back -- probably while yelling and wielding a knife -- the puppies got defensive and attacked / defended themselves (they shouldn't have been there, so be it).

      This psychopath, remember -- carrying a 12" knife around a neighborhood wtf??? --- started slashing and stabbing until the dogs were dead.

      Her dogs? 1 puncture wound. That's not exactly a vicious attack, especially when you're dealing with 2 pitbulls.

      If those pitbulls were attacking, her mutts would have been dead before she could have killed them with her knife. They were trying to play, the same way they do with each other -- rough as hell -- and the psycho got scared, upped the energy level, then a fight broke out and she went to town.

      I think she should be brought up on charges for walking around with a damn 12" knife. You're leaving the house with a weapon like that for one reason -- to kill something.

      And trying to be 16. Seriously, my 13 year old cousin has that outfit and looks like she's too old to wear it.
      I didn't watch the video - I have severe problems seeing things like that involving animals. It said self defense so I assumed it was self defense. You kill a dog and it's NOT self defense - if it's my dog, you better hope your biggest worry is the police, but it won't be.

      People with Pitts and Rotties have to be very careful about animals getting loose - people are scared crapless of them (I know - I've had several rotts). There are those that aren't dead afraid of them are likely to grab them for fighting rings.

      This is tragic if it wasn't self defense -- the first fault lies with the owner for not being more careful about her little guys getting out. I realize there's no way to prevent it from happening 100% - kids or dogs. But it's not a safe world. I'm very sorry for the owner if her dogs weren't actually attacking. Sometimes bad things happen. If I watched the video I might be tempted to say that the killer needs to be shot or in a mental institution - but I'm not going to watch something I can't unsee when I know how upsetting it could be.
      Signature

      Sal
      When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
      Beyond the Path

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10048245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cansolve
    The risk you take when you own pitbulls
    Signature

    To find the best home based business ideas and
    opportunities so you can work at home.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TLTheLiberator
    Good job on a couple of wild and dangerous animals.
    Signature

    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -- Mark Twain

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author butters
    Let's face it we got no clue if she over reacted or not. If it was self defense, fair play, If she over reacted, punish her... Unfortunately, and not to sound sexiest, she was a small female, it isn't like she could of handled 2 dogs attacking her without a weapon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    Yeah I don't doubt she was scared. Especially with her size. I don't think anything is going to happen to her, but it is going to give anti's a new boost.

    There's two mentalities with pitbulls -- either kind and gentle until provoked or commanded, or completely aggressive from the get go -- these dogs weren't completely aggressive or hers would have been dead.

    I don't think there are any real answers or winners, it's a shxt situation. Jumping down the pit owners throat without questioning the person with a big ass weapon isn't the right approach, though.

    In Florida you can have a knife confiscated if it's longer than your hand. That's what I'm most curious about. I'd be arrested if I got caught with a blade like that on me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047866].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    I made sense that you're going off on another tangent, and still didn't read or comprehend what I wrote.

    The second reply talked about people putting down pitbull owners. See the problem? What about putting down other dog owners?

    That's where it ended. Why just put down pitbull owners?

    Since I spoke first, I'll continue to discredit you until you comprehend what I wrote.

    Now that we're moving towards saying the same things. Wtf dude?

    People already take a hard look at the breed and they have for years. They will continue into the future. This isn't anything new.

    We need to take a look at the smaller breeds, and their owners who encourage violent behavior with their mutts before people start jumping straight onto the pit owners.

    And psychos wielding 12" knives walking around neighborhoods.

    Troll: saying so much, while saying so little -- just to invoke an emotional response you can then try to feed off.

    See your multiple attempts to feed off it? Doesn't matter how long you've been here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047885].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      I made sense that you're going off on another tangent, and still didn't read or comprehend what I wrote.
      .
      Below you wrote this from your very first entry. This is the tangent I followed

      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      Wai, whu? What about the owners of the Jack Russells, Shit-Zus and other small dogs that have zero qualms about biting you? ---- ZERO They're encouraged to do it because "it's cute, it doesn't hurt". Send this lady to put those owners down, too?

      Jack Russels are more vicious than pitbulls -- when it comes to chasing down an animal and killing them. And more possessive of their owners. You'll get bit going near them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Without actually seeing what happened and only going by what little is said in the video, it's really tough for me to draw any conclusion. Did the dogs actually charge her? Or were they running toward her out of curiosity?

    There are a lot of unanswered questions. However, the police officers let her keep her knife because they deemed that she was acting in self defense.

    I've been attacked by dogs before and let me tell you, I don't stop defending myself to see if the dogs are okay, I continue defending myself until the threat is completely eliminated. So if she really was attacked or her dogs were attacked, she had every right to defend herself until she felt safe.

    My own bias is faulting on the side of the person being attacked because pitbulls do have the reputation of being an aggressive breed. Did she overreact though? I don't know. I wasn't there and don't pretend to know how threatened she felt.

    The lady is not a "Psycho" for carrying a 12" inch knife for protection, maybe a little odd, but I see nothing wrong with that. Granted, that's a pretty big knife, but don't see why it merits that kind of psychoanalysis.

    More people carry knifes, pepperspray, etc. for protection than you probably expect. I think it's smart to be prepared in a world that can sometimes be violent.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    I keep a .380 on me and have an AR-15 next to my bed. All about personal defense. People are stupid.

    I prob shouldn't have called her a psycho, but picturing a little woman swinging a 12" knife like the owner described, and looking the way she looks, killing two pitbulls, while her dog got bit once.

    She's either a badass or a psycho.

    I leaned towards something not being right upstairs.

    I'm not justifying the dogs being alive.

    My original intention even posting in here was to question putting pitbull owners down because their dogs "could" be vicious. I'm a pit owner and that was directed at me.

    The 12" knife and dog fight / slaying was fodder.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047933].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      I keep a .380 on me and have an AR-15 next to my bed. All about personal defense. People are stupid.

      I prob shouldn't have called her a psycho, but picturing a little woman swinging a 12" knife like the owner described, and looking the way she looks, killing two pitbulls, while her dog got bit once.

      She's either a badass or a psycho.

      I leaned towards something not being right upstairs.
      What would make her a badass then? Fending off some pitbulls without a 12 inch knife? I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm just trying to understand your logic.

      You said so yourself she is a "little woman". What would she have to carry on her person to seem more normal to you?

      RoD
      Signature
      "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
      - Jim Rohn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    She could have carried pepper spray, a pocket knife, a pistol, anything to defend herself. It's not that she was defending herself or preparing to.

    I wondered why she grabbed a 12" filet knife, and then called her a psycho because she prob looked like one swinging it in the street.

    If she isn't a psycho swinging a knife, she's a badass for stopping two pitbulls.

    That's not an easy feat, not that I've ever tried but pitbulls don't just roll over and die.

    When I play the scenario out in my head (which is the problem here, I'm guessing) and you choose to leave the house, by first picking up a weapon.

    If I left with a pocket knife, a can of pepper spray, or maybe a pistol, my mission isn't to go harm someone, more than likely to defend myself. It's broad, but hopefully you get my drift.

    If I left the house with a 12" filet knife, I'm going out to prove a point.

    Who knows, maybe these dogs scared her before? Pepper spray would have worked.

    A 12" filet knife makes you look like a psycho intent to kill a couple dogs that may have been messing with you for a while.

    Whether I'm right or wrong. I think that was her intention, and that's what I'm questioning.

    She's a badass for fending off 2 vicious pitbulls trying to attack her. Or she's a psycho that knew she was going to kill them that day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    "Send this lady to put those owners down, too? "

    Yeah, you were on the right track. That's the part where you went off course, though.

    Didn't require some long, drawn out discussion.

    Does she believe you should send this lady to kill small dog owners, as well?

    You still haven't answered that, but you're still trying to stir up the pot by not contributing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047978].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      "Send this lady to put those owners down, too? "

      Yeah, you were on the right track. That's the part where you went off course, though.

      Didn't require some long, drawn out discussion.

      Does she believe you should send this lady to kill small dog owners, as well?
      I will let Sal answer that. And trust me she will

      Originally Posted by Synnuh View Post

      You still haven't answered that, but you're still trying to stir up the pot by not contributing.

      Troll: saying so much, while saying so little -- just to invoke an emotional response you can then try to feed off.

      See your multiple attempts to feed off it? Doesn't matter how long you've been here.
      I take it you have NOT been down here in the basement very much ??
      We don't have any rules down here. We flame each other, insult each other, and shoot the sh@t with each other.

      The more you resist and takes things too personal the more we will come after you. Like sharks on blood
      But just good fun to blow steam off with
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    Nah, I try not to. I don't typically use forums unless I'm pulling traffic from 'em.

    Oddly enough, this is one I should be tapping into and don't. ;/

    Then there's Aspergers. That makes social situations interesting.

    If you were muckin around I can't read into it ;/ especially on the internet.

    It's hard enough for me to read sarcasm when I'm standing in front of people.

    A few topics can draw me in like a moth to a flame, unfortunately. Pitbulls being a big one. And it brings out emotions in people.

    And crazy looking ladies carrying 12" knives trying to look 16 again. That's just amusing to me.

    But no, people shouldn't go out and kill other people's dogs, and this woman shouldn't be sent to kill other dogs, either.

    The pitbulls were probably going to face the same fate anyway, because the owner couldn't keep them contained. She should be thankful that nobody got injured and she doesn't have a lawsuit waiting.

    If it wasn't this lady, though, it would have been the pound, a cop shooting them, or another dog killing them.

    I'm not for irresponsible pit ownership, either. Along with not being able to leave the house wielding 12" knives.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10047999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10048064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Natasha1992
    Difficult to know was it a self-defense or not. It is not so simple a problem as it seems.
    But I can understand pit bulls' owner. Two days ago my dog (Central Asian Shepherd Dog) that is VERY big, but in the same way a very kind dog, run out from home.
    It took about 1-2 hours for my father to find it, this was no difficult, because on his way he saw a lot of frightened people, who just show with the big scary eyes where the dog went. And there was some guy who said: "If I had a gun, I would probably already kill this dog". But what for? Only because it's big and scary to someone? For us it's one of our family member.
    The same with these two pit bulls. Not all the pit bulls are bad and dangerous, I know a lot of example of dogs, considered from nature to be very angry and uncontrolled, with the nicest characters.
    So may be it was not only self-defense, it’s possible that this women have overreacted. At least in my most horrible dreams I can't imagine myself killing two dogs with a knife and such a cruelty, even if they presented the danger for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10048445].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Natasha1992 View Post

      It took about 1-2 hours for my father to find it, this was no difficult, because on his way he saw a lot of frightened people, who just show with the big scary eyes where the dog went. And there was some guy who said: "If I had a gun, I would probably already kill this dog". But what for? Only because it's big and scary to someone? For us it's one of our family member.
      .
      But for what ? Because it's big and scary to someone ! EXACTLY.

      People have split second judgment calls when it comes to something like this. Put yourself in their shoes. It is NOT their responsibility to ascertain whether it or NOT your horridly scary looking dog running around loose in Public is viscous or not.

      It is your responsibility as a dog owner to make sure he is secure !!

      That is the Risk you take in having such a dog.

      If he gets loose and he is really truly looking like he could seriously hurt a group of children, the guy with the gun has every right to destroy him! EVERY RIGHT !! No questions asked

      Like I said it ( and I cant say it enough) is NOT the public's responsibility to try to figure out if your physically intimidating dog is nice or not ...particularly if he is moving in a threatening manner towards a group of children.

      Children get the benefit of the doubt. Sorry thats Life. Your dog and ANY dog for that matter will go before any children do. And the law will side on that issue every time
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10048612].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Natasha1992
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        But for what ? Because it's big and scary to someone ! EXACTLY.

        People have split second judgment calls when it comes to something like this. Put yourself in their shoes. It is NOT their responsibility to ascertain whether it or NOT your horridly scary looking dog running around loose in Public is viscous or not.

        It is your responsibility as a dog owner to make sure he is secure !!

        That is the Risk you take in having such a dog.

        If he gets loose and he is really truly looking like he could seriously hurt a group of children, the guy with the gun has every right to destroy him! EVERY RIGHT !! No questions asked

        Like I said it ( and I cant say it enough) is NOT the public's responsibility to try to figure out if your physically intimidating dog is nice or not ...particularly if he is moving in a threatening manner towards a group of children.

        Children get the benefit of the doubt. Sorry thats Life. Your dog and ANY dog for that matter will go before any children do. And the law will side on that issue every time
        I understand that my father is the one who is responsible. But as I said, it's impossible for me to imagine myself starting killing a dog, if this dog just come and stay near the children with nothing to do. This is not the display of inteligence, but of the prejudice and fear.

        When I was 3 years old, my mom lost me on the street along different little shops. All this time I spent with a homeless VERY BIG dog that didn't leave me even for a second. Without that dog there was a big chance I would return not home with my mum, but with someone "unknown". As I understand, my Mom should come and kill that dog? Just because it was staying near protecting myself? No, thanks. There is no place for cruelty and unjust acts in my family.

        I can understand your point, I even agree with it in some way. But I don't accept cruelty with no real reason for it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049234].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Floyd Fisher
          Originally Posted by Natasha1992 View Post

          I understand that my father is the one who is responsible. But as I said, it's impossible for me to imagine myself starting killing a dog, if this dog just come and stay near the children with nothing to do. This is not the display of inteligence, but of the prejudice and fear.

          When I was 3 years dog, my mom lost me on the street along different little shops. All this time I spent with a homeless VERY BIG dog that didn't leave me even for a second. Without that dog there was a big chance I would return not home with my mum, but with someone "unknown". As I understand, my Mom should come and kill that dog? Just because it was staying near protecting myself? No, thanks. There is no place for cruelty and unjust actc in my family.

          I can understand your point, I even agree with it in some way. But I don't accept cruelty with no real reason for it.

          In the video in question, the pit bulls attacked the other dogs, and the lady defended them with her knife, killing the pit bulls.


          That is a lot different than some stray dog making sure no one kidnapped you. If that had happened to any child of mine, that dog would have been rescued on the spot.


          Most people probably would do the same.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Floyd Fisher
    The pit bull owner is a crack head.


    Her pit bulls were attacking the other person's dogs....knowing pit bulls, I can't see any other way to stop the attack other than to kill the pit bulls themselves.


    For her to be mad is ridiculous.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      It would have been a sight to behold to see that bad arse little 80lb woman attacked by those viscous wild dogs and then slicing and dicing them like a skilled Ninja Warrior
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049038].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Floyd Fisher
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        It would have been a sight to behold to see that bad arse little 80lb woman attacked by those viscous wild dogs and then slicing and dicing them like a skilled Ninja Warrior


        She wasn't being attacked, the dogs she was walking were.


        That bought her time to attack and kill the pit bulls.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10049050].message }}

Trending Topics