How to apply for a job through Email

by expmrb
10 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
First of all I would like to ask a question to everybody that how many of guys had applied for a job (of any kind) through an Email? And, how many of you guys have succeeded in your task?

The answer is quite predictable isn’t? If you are an expert marketer and/or a popular one then it should not have been a hard gig for you to get. Well unlike to them others were not lucky.

The one who had failed I am asking to them have you wondered why you have failed? If you are not getting any answer then just ask yourself why you will hire yourself for the job. I am sure you will get some good points. Well I am here today to share with you guys some points which I have found useful in order to get good responses for my emails.

- The first two lines or the first paragraph represents the most important impression that whether your host is going to read your entire email or not. So, use them very wisely. You must have a very good professional approach along with a personal touch. Use words like ‘I’ & ‘you’ to do it.

- Make your emails interesting. By ‘interesting’ I don’t mean to crack a joke. Just give them what they want to hear. Show them your years of experience, your similar kind of previous work which the client job mostly relate. If you don’t have any previous experience then don’t get upset, just write about how you will get the job done. Write it within 2-3 lines and be always truthful.

- While mentioning your previous works you can also refer to them by sharing links. Always refer to your best work because it is going to represent you that how you are going to execute the job if you get hired.

- Show them how you are a good fit for the job. Do represent your email in such a way that they are forced to take you under consideration. How you are going to do it? Simple answer as I had mentioned before put your toes into their shoes and try to see your email through their eyes. Remember, I am telling you guys to represent yourself not praise, nobody like that kind of job application who talks too much about themselves or feel very proud about their work.

- In my personal opinion a job application email should be of three paragraphs. First one, the introductory. Second one the description part, where you can put your previous works & experience and also explain to your host that how they will be benefited by your work. And the last one the conclusion part, where you have to put emphasize same as the previous two. Thank them for their time and let them know that you will be very glad to hear back from them.

- Remember your mail will be representing you to them that how professional you are so make no grammatical mistakes, your paragraphs must be within 5-7 lines. Short sentences are always effective so make your sentences short yet to the point.

These are some elements that I found useful and effective. If anybody wants to share more than they are always welcome. Correct me if I am wrong at any point.
#apply #email #job
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    Have tested your ideas yet?

    I mean have you applied for a job yet via email.
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10078360].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author expmrb
      Originally Posted by aizaku View Post

      Have tested your ideas yet?

      I mean have you applied for a job yet via email.
      Yeah, they are good to me.
      Signature
      SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
      Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10078372].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    then rock on my man!
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10078378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10078905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mailbox
    Nice Post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10080173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert999
    Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

    First of all I would like to ask a question to everybody that how many of guys had applied for a job (of any kind) through an Email? And, how many of you guys have succeeded in your task?

    The answer is quite predictable isn’t? If you are an expert marketer and/or a popular one then it should not have been a hard gig for you to get. Well unlike to them others were not lucky.

    The one who had failed I am asking to them have you wondered why you have failed? If you are not getting any answer then just ask yourself why you will hire yourself for the job. I am sure you will get some good points. Well I am here today to share with you guys some points which I have found useful in order to get good responses for my emails.

    - The first two lines or the first paragraph represents the most important impression that whether your host is going to read your entire email or not. So, use them very wisely. You must have a very good professional approach along with a personal touch. Use words like ‘I’ & ‘you’ to do it.

    - Make your emails interesting. By ‘interesting’ I don’t mean to crack a joke. Just give them what they want to hear. Show them your years of experience, your similar kind of previous work which the client job mostly relate. If you don’t have any previous experience then don’t get upset, just write about how you will get the job done. Write it within 2-3 lines and be always truthful.

    - While mentioning your previous works you can also refer to them by sharing links. Always refer to your best work because it is going to represent you that how you are going to execute the job if you get hired.

    - Show them how you are a good fit for the job. Do represent your email in such a way that they are forced to take you under consideration. How you are going to do it? Simple answer as I had mentioned before put your toes into their shoes and try to see your email through their eyes. Remember, I am telling you guys to represent yourself not praise, nobody like that kind of job application who talks too much about themselves or feel very proud about their work.

    - In my personal opinion a job application email should be of three paragraphs. First one, the introductory. Second one the description part, where you can put your previous works & experience and also explain to your host that how they will be benefited by your work. And the last one the conclusion part, where you have to put emphasize same as the previous two. Thank them for their time and let them know that you will be very glad to hear back from them.

    - Remember your mail will be representing you to them that how professional you are so make no grammatical mistakes, your paragraphs must be within 5-7 lines. Short sentences are always effective so make your sentences short yet to the point.

    These are some elements that I found useful and effective. If anybody wants to share more than they are always welcome. Correct me if I am wrong at any point.
    I think linkedin is better platform to get a job if you are a professional.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10080273].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author unifiedac
      In my opinion, you should never apply for a job solely based on email interactions. Email is an excellent follow-up tool that allows you to send in the cover letter, job application, resume, references, etc. But, my recommendation would be to always contact someone at the company first, preferably in person, but at least by telephone to let them know the application is on the way.

      Take every opportunity you have to make an impression and stand out from all the others who are only emailing their application. You don't want to be just another name on the pile.

      I always try to contact the person who will be making the hiring decision. Ask them about the job, what kind of employee their looking for and give them a reason to read your resume.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MsHeart
    Good post, but I wouldn't set such strict rules for myself when it comes to applying for a job. Depending on the exact position, the kind of job it is and the people I'm applying with, I try to sense what the reader of my application would like to see.

    Applying for a job by email is not that much different from bidding on Freelancer or Odesk projects. You just have to try and figure out what the employer would want to see and give it to him.

    I have got 2 offline jobs by sending my application by email and the number of applications sent - 2 as well
    I have also got a number of online jobs, translations and such, again by email, but the applications have all been very different.
    Signature

    How about some FREE unique handwritten articles for your website, blog, SEO, guest posts, etc?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kk075
    While a few good points were made, most of the advice is far too generic to land a job through email (or any online platform, for that matter).

    Here's some more specific knowledge-

    Step 1) Research the person who posted the job. Google search their username, their company, etc. until you know exactly who you're pitching. Then go to their social pages and learn something personal about them (a hobby, a recent vacation, etc.). Open up by addressing the person by name and revealing that you share their interest in <whatever you found>. This instantly grabs the reader's attention, impresses the heck out of them and gets you shortlisted.

    Step 2) Forget three paragraphs- go for two. Open with your attention-grabbing line, mention your main skills and show why you're the perfect candidate. Then in your second paragraph, mention attaching your resume with embedded links to samples and your social profiles.

    Step 3) Do not include any links in the body of the email and do not use a signature either. If the client asks for links then include no more than three, but you're much better off setting up a portfolio page on your website, Google + or LinkedIn. This looks a lot more professional.

    Step 4) Use the PS to ask a question about the job. When will it start? How long has it been available? Ask about anything but salary. Because if you get a same-day reply, then you know that you're short-listed. This helps avoid the wait to see if you have a chance or not.

    Step 5) Remember that its a number's game and your qualifications mean little. The employer could be looking for someone cheap and available, or they could have hired the first person that applied. So don't sweat it if you don't get a reply....just keep applying to other jobs using steps 1-4.

    I hop that helps.
    Signature

    Learn to sell like a pro through Web Synergy's marketing blog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081600].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author expmrb
      Originally Posted by kk075 View Post

      While a few good points were made, most of the advice is far too generic to land a job through email (or any online platform, for that matter).

      Here's some more specific knowledge-

      Step 1) Research the person who posted the job. Google search their username, their company, etc. until you know exactly who you're pitching. Then go to their social pages and learn something personal about them (a hobby, a recent vacation, etc.). Open up by addressing the person by name and revealing that you share their interest in <whatever you found>. This instantly grabs the reader's attention, impresses the heck out of them and gets you shortlisted.

      Step 2) Forget three paragraphs- go for two. Open with your attention-grabbing line, mention your main skills and show why you're the perfect candidate. Then in your second paragraph, mention attaching your resume with embedded links to samples and your social profiles.

      Step 3) Do not include any links in the body of the email and do not use a signature either. If the client asks for links then include no more than three, but you're much better off setting up a portfolio page on your website, Google + or LinkedIn. This looks a lot more professional.

      Step 4) Use the PS to ask a question about the job. When will it start? How long has it been available? Ask about anything but salary. Because if you get a same-day reply, then you know that you're short-listed. This helps avoid the wait to see if you have a chance or not.

      Step 5) Remember that its a number's game and your qualifications mean little. The employer could be looking for someone cheap and available, or they could have hired the first person that applied. So don't sweat it if you don't get a reply....just keep applying to other jobs using steps 1-4.

      I hop that helps.
      Thanks for the input.
      Signature
      SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
      Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10081887].message }}

Trending Topics