Anyone else around here remember the White Panthers from the 60's? Listening to the MC5 this a.m. and talking to some friends my age about the MC5 naturally led to talking about the White Panthers and John Sinclair.
Ah the good old days when being on the far left was fun
In case you didn't know the idea for the White Panthers came from Huey Newton, co-founder of the Black Panthers when he was asked what Whites could do to support the B.P.'s.
Here's their 10 point statement.
- Full endorsement and support of the Black Panther Party's 10-point Program.
- Total assault on the culture by any means necessary, including rock and roll, dope, and ******* in the streets.
- Free exchange of energy and materials--we demand the end of money!
- Free food, clothes, housing, dope, music, bodies, medical care--everything free for everybody!
- Free access to information media--free the technology from the greed creeps!
- Free time & space for all humans--dissolve all unnatural boundaries!
- Free all schools and all structures from corporate rule--turn the buildings over to the people at once!
- Free all prisoners everywhere--they are our brothers!
- Free all soldiers at once--no more conscripted armies!
- Free the people from their "leaders"--leaders suck--all power to all the people--freedom means free everyone!
Yep the good old days when being on the far left meant you tried to offend everybody instead of being offended by everything.