A lot of people here are going to go broke

by Zodiax
10 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Watching the trends of "internet marketing", and being that this forum was a giant pioneer of the term, many people here will lose their wealth.

I am not talking about the offliners and good people, but those who made thousands peddling counterfeit products.

This forum is going to die within 5 years, and things are going to change pretty quickly.
  • Profile picture of the author Dano101
    Care to elaborate more about this future reading of impending doom?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10621813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
    Why would you assume that offliners can't/don't sell crap sometimes too?

    I don't think necessarily this forum will completely die in 5 years.

    There is however a change happening. That is inevitable as everything is constantly changing.

    many people here will lose their wealth.
    That happens no matter what.

    That was happening before FL came in.

    I think what might be happening is as you spend more time here you are beginning to see things you didn't necessarily notice were already going on when you first joined.

    I think in the past there was a more proactive crowd that helped fight the problem - and those people are not enough now to keep the clean up pace going against the growth that is happening.

    The growth itself is different too. It's a different targeted growth.
    Signature

    "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10622389].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dano101
    I wonder if OP means that over-saturation of the same type offers/products/services will eventually eliminate what made things unique in the first place.

    Bootlegging, free music downloads, laptop music studios , social marketing and mp3 distribution has killed the music industry as well.

    Now in the begining, The new guys that the major labels didn't look at had a chance to become successful with the do it yourself music production and marketing and sales and whatever else

    But it's really no longer beneficial to the regular guy or new artists due to over- saturation.

    So in my opinion. Over-saturation of anything in any business is not beneficial once it hits that realm.

    So getting in on the ground floor is the key to anything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10623430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Dano101 View Post

      I wonder if OP means that over-saturation of the same type offers/products/services will eventually eliminate what made things unique in the first place.

      Bootlegging, free music downloads, laptop music studios , social marketing and mp3 distribution has killed the music industry as well.

      Now in the begining, The new guys that the major labels didn't look at had a chance to become successful with the do it yourself music production and marketing and sales and whatever else

      But it's really no longer beneficial to the regular guy or new artists due to over- saturation.

      So in my opinion. Over-saturation of anything in any business is not beneficial once it hits that realm.

      So getting in on the ground floor is the key to anything.


      I think you're wrong.

      One example, look at the #1 selling Wordpress theme on Themeforest (avada), it's done approx. $12.2 million in sales. That theme was created in 2012. Wordpress was created in 2003.

      So... obviously there's no deadline to beat.

      Thousands of other themes still sell on Themeforest alone even though avada is the most popular theme on that particular site.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10623486].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dano101
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        I think you're wrong.

        One example, look at the #1 selling Wordpress theme on Themeforest (avada), it's done approx. $12.2 million in sales. That theme was created in 2012. Wordpress was created in 2003.

        So... obviously there's no deadline to beat.

        Thousands of other themes still sell on Themeforest alone even though avada is the most popular theme on that particular site.
        Of course there are examples of things still making money and forums still doing good after the same rehashing of certain things.

        I was just trying to pick the OP brain to see if they would elaborate more. Because I'm not sure what the OP was getting at. Now they said people will go broke , the forum was going to not last 5 years, and things changed and fake products or services are at a high.

        That could mean anything. Are they talking about the forum allowing too many counterfeit services. Or too much spam services that is out all throughout the internet. Or too much of the same ole same being offered and invested in but no more uniqueness.

        I'm just trying to get a feel for the thread. But I need more clarification of the thread meaning.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10623505].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Dano101 View Post

          Of course there are examples of things still making money and forums still doing good after the same rehashing of certain things.

          I was just trying to pick the OP brain to see if they would elaborate more. Because I'm not sure what the OP was getting at. Now they said people will go broke , the forum was going to not last 5 years, and things changed and fake products or services are at a high.

          That could mean anything. Are they talking about the forum allowing too many counterfeit services. Or too much spam services that is out all throughout the internet. Or too much of the same ole same being offered and invested in but no more uniqueness.

          I'm just trying to get a feel for the thread. But I need more clarification of the thread meaning.

          I have no idea what OP is going on about.

          To say IM is dying is to say the internet no longer exist which obviously won't happen in our lifetimes.

          It's kinda funny OP is ranting how online scammers will no longer exist. Even more funny OP is acting like scams only happen online.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10623564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Wordpress themes are not really a good example. Each new technological advance allows for someone to get in on the ground floor of the next update features. I think the OP pretty obviously is referring to IM as relates to the kind of IM most talked about and sold in WSOs here - MMO online.

    I don't think that will ever go away but i do think it suffers from having had nothing new in years. From what I see forums in general are dying too. i kinda doubt FL wants to keep this forum the way it is for the next five years
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10623657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      Wordpress themes are not really a good example. Each new technological advance allows for someone to get in on the ground floor of the next update features. I think the OP pretty obviously is referring to IM as relates to the kind of IM most talked about and sold in WSOs here - MMO online.

      I don't think that will ever go away but i do think it suffers from having had nothing new in years. From what I see forums in general are dying too. i kinda doubt FL wants to keep this forum the way it is for the next five years



      Yeah your right, it's the whole supply demand thing. Nobody buys Wordpress themes.

      It doesn't even matter that I used Wordpress as an example because it's not just Wordpress... it's people that don't know how to build websites on their own. The niche isn't specifically Wordpress. It's any CMS that makes life easier for a webmaster.

      BTW, Wordpress is a dinosaur in internet years (2003) so it's not like it's a fad.

      If you think WSOs (or whatever you want to call it) crap is toast, think again because for every piece of online shit there's thousands of gold digging dreamers drooling while they try to remember their Paypal login. That will never change.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10623686].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dano101
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Yeah your right, it's the whole supply demand thing. Nobody buys Wordpress themes.

        It doesn't even matter that I used Wordpress as an example because it's not just Wordpress... it's people that don't know how to build websites on their own. The niche isn't specifically Wordpress. It's any CMS that makes life easier for a webmaster.

        BTW, Wordpress is a dinosaur in internet years (2003) so it's not like it's a fad.

        If you think WSOs (or whatever you want to call it) crap is toast, think again because for every piece of online shit there's thousands of gold digging dreamers drooling while they try to remember their Paypal login. That will never change.
        But OP said the forum would be dead in 5 years. But new technology and people perfecting and selling it or wanting to be a part of it will probably keep the forum around. I don't know.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10623712].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Yeah your right, it's the whole supply demand thing. Nobody buys Wordpress themes.
        ..
        Don't know where you are drawing that from what I said . Not my point at all. its that new versions of Wordpress bring with them new features for developers to work with in their themes. for eg wordpress recently released a node back end which will allow developers including theme developers to bring new functionality. HTML 5 allowed other opportunities for theme developers to develop themes with USPs. So did bootstrap (although not a direct wordpress feature) several releases of word press have allowed theme developers to innovate and be the first theme developer s t o bring a certain feature to life for end users. Each of those are ground floors.


        .
        If you think WSOs (or whatever you want to call it) crap is toast, think again because for every piece of online shit there's thousands of gold digging dreamers drooling while they try to remember their Paypal login. That will never change.
        Said no such thing but the exact opposite if you read

        I don't think that will ever go away but i do think it suffers from having had nothing new in years.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10623719].message }}

Trending Topics