I'm drafting an agreement, meant to be short and easy, draft quoted below, for us to sign. Maybe you will find it useful.
What do you think? Is clause 5 below ok too?
The compensation will vary and hopefully increase over time as I find their reviews to be valuable.
This Author Agreement ("Agreement") is made between the undersigned Blog Writer ("Contractor") and [redacted] ("Publisher"). |
In consideration of the mutual covenants herein contained, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Contractor grants Publisher non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual rights and license to Publisher for each article used by Publisher on Publisher's website, Facebook page, email newsletter and/ or other related uses.
2. Contractor warrants that all articles will be original works of authorship of Contractor and will not infringe upon or violate any intellectual property right of any third party.
3. It remains the Publishers discretion to use or not use a submitted article.
4. Contractor is under no obligation to submit additional articles.
5. As full compensation for the Services to be provided by Contractor, Publisher agrees to provide:
a. Contractor author recognition on published articles, and